Goodbye Jesus

The Question That Evolutionists Can't Answer

sandiego4me

Here a simple, on-topic, multiple choice counter-question for you, SD4M.

How long does Coal take to fully form underground?

A. Six hours.

B. Two weeks.

C. Two months.

D. Eight months.

E. A year.

F. Millions of years.

Go for it!

1. evolution is driven by the interaction of three things - random mutation, natural selection among those mutations, and the successful mutations being passed on to the next generation

2. -4. all three of these components exist and work, as we can easily observe in the world

5. 99.9+ % of all babblical cretinists have no fucking clue what they are talking about when they attack science

I'll even throw a 6th fact in.

6. You, in all likelihood, belong to the 99.9 % mentioned above.

1. evolution is driven by the interaction of three things - random mutation, natural selection among those mutations, and the successful mutations being passed on to the next generation

Believe it or not, I'm not offended.  I don't take comments personally.  I'm just trying to show evolutionists that their faith in evolution exceeds a Christian's faith in God.

You have stated that "random mutation . . . [has] been passed onto generations."   This is just a generic buzz phrase that doesn't really say anything.  Please give me specific examples (if you can). 

Now I see what people are saying about this bozo.

His first sentence to Thurisaz doesn't even make sense. Thurisaz gives a solid list of facts about evolution and the kid from San Diego says "I'm not offended."

My evolutionary sense suggests this thread may have been posted as an on-going conversation. But really!? Who in his right mind would make such a comment to Thurisaz? *Offended*??? At what? Thurisaz doesn't offend people. A list of facts like this taken straight from evolutionary theory cannot offend an honest person--not even a hardcore creationist if he is in his right mind. He will just remind himself that this is what the world believes and discuss the issue.

CONCLUSION: This guy is either not in his right mind or he is dishonest. Possibly both.

Having never seen his handle before, the OP looked like an honest question a person might ask who has been up and down the streets of life trying to prove evolution wrong based on the idea that evolution is supported by dogma. I didn't know it was people on these forums who directed him to books and articles. I assumed it was people in real life. I could have spared myself some time if I had read the thread before responding.

If "out of nothing, nothing comes," where did god come from?

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

This question surely isn't intended to inflame.  It's just something that I can never get an answer too.  Whenever I ask it, people usually point me to an article or book.   I want anybody who believes in evolution to tell me five things about evolution that you know are true (i.e., in your own words). Honest discussion.   

All Right, if y'all insist on feeding this troll, I'll put my two biscuits in (but I'm not very happy about it).

1. Natural selection is demonstrable by seperating a single colony of E.coli bacteria, placing each sub-population into environments that place different selective pressures on them, and then studying the differences in each colonial genome after several generations. 

2. The Theory of Evolution predicts that new species will arise given enough time and distance from the parent herd of the species.  This prediction is confirmed every few months when the scientific community gets all starry-eyed because some new species of Mongolian River Newt is discovered.

3. Evolution through natural selection is NOT dependent upon random chance and insanely impossible statistical odds.  Granted, if the Universe had decided that humanity would be the pinnacle of life on one tiny planet within itself, then the odds would have been stacked against it.  However, the Universe made no such decision. 

4. The latest research into the genome of Neanderthals supports the hypothesis that Neanderthals and modern humans lived together and even interbred.  If you are of European, Mid-East/Asian descent, up to 4% of your DNA comes from the Neanderthal genome.  Immunologists have even begun studying how much the human immune system owes to the Neanderthal genome.  I would cite sources for this but your post suggests you dislike reading books and articles. 

5. Evolution is NOT an attack on god, religion, church, or your personal faith.  It is supported by FACT which does not require FAITH, and it is based on PROOF which does not require BELIEF.  Granted, sometimes scientists have to interpret data, and sometimes we differ in our interpretation of said data (hell, sometimes we even argue vehemently over different interpretations).  But INTERPRETATION is not faith.

I hope these tasty morsels will slake your voracious appetite.  As far as BAA's question, I can tell you that the answer is not "false".  Enjoy!

I wasn't trying to inflame on purpose, but when I see willful ignorance it irritates me. It's (IMHO) idiotic to have all this knowledge out there and to just brush it off and yammer on without the sense even a high school student has. Sheesh, I am more than happy to answer honest inquiries from someone who actually wants to learn.

I've spent HOURS, DAYS..WEEKS and more, who knows how long, just to get a rudimentary understanding of some of these subjects because I CARE about the truth. I'm no science scholar by any means (grade 10 science is as far as I got - history and mythology is my thing) and I'm still studying, reading, watching videos... educating myself, so it makes me angry when people are so lazy and blind that they can't even put in the effort to find these things out but then tell us we are wrong (without even a decent logical argument much less any kind of legitimate refutation) and expect simplistic answers to very complicated and involved scientific questions.

A. Six hours.

B. Two weeks.

C. Two months.

D. Eight months.

E. A year.

F. Millions of years.

Go for it!

F.  But the real question is, "How does coal turn itself into a Great White Shark or a Human Brain?"

I wasn't trying to inflame on purpose, but when I see willful ignorance it irritates me. It's (IMHO) idiotic to have all this knowledge out there and to just brush it off and yammer on without the sense even a high school student has. Sheesh, I am more than happy to answer honest inquiries from someone who actually wants to learn.

I've spent HOURS, DAYS..WEEKS and more, who knows how long, just to get a rudimentary understanding of some of these subjects because I CARE about the truth. I'm no science scholar by any means (grade 10 science is as far as I got - history and mythology is my thing) and I'm still studying, reading, watching videos... educating myself, so it makes me angry when people are so lazy and blind that they can't even put in the effort to find these things out but then tell us we are wrong (without even a decent logical argument much less any kind of legitimate refutation) and expect simplistic answers to very complicated and involved scientific questions.

Since you are a free thinker, please explain to me how cells with no cognitive ability performed feats that cognitively driven humans cannot perform even today.   How did cells agree to work together to turn themselves into Killer Whales, coyotes, mountain lions, elephants, polar bears, and bald eagles?   You are so quick to call me an idiot, but you have no explanation for this.  Let's presume that all of the necessary building blocks for every creature in existence was present at one time (a big "if").  How did this giant pile of mass assemble itself?  You call ME an idiot for refusing to believe that inanimate, noncognitive matter cannot build themselves?   I want to hear in YOUR own words how this happens?  Your words.  

Since you are a free thinker, please explain to me how cells with no cognitive ability performed feats that cognitively driven humans cannot perform even today.   How did cells agree to work together to turn themselves into Killer Whales, coyotes, mountain lions, elephants, polar bears, and bald eagles?   You are so quick to call me an idiot, but you have no explanation for this.  Let's presume that all of the necessary building blocks for every creature in existence was present at one time (a big "if").  How did this giant pile of mass assemble itself?  You call ME an idiot for refusing to believe that inanimate, noncognitive matter cannot build themselves?   I want to hear in YOUR own words how this happens?  Your words.  

Potholer54 to the rescue!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8nYTJf62sE&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PL82yk73N8eoX8RpvQfjdupAKFWKjtMhTe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w57_P9DZJ4&list=PL82yk73N8eoX8RpvQfjdupAKFWKjtMhTe

• Super Moderator

A. Six hours.

B. Two weeks.

C. Two months.

D. Eight months.

E. A year.

F. Millions of years.

Go for it!

F.  But the real question is, "How does coal turn itself into a Great White Shark or a Human Brain?"

That's not fair, he gave you a multiple choice question and you gave him an essay question.  You should try to play nice with the atheists, son; jesus cries when you don't.

• Like 1

sigh, I'm NOT a biologist... i have a very basic understanding of how it works.

Basically once a molecule is self-replicating the ones who are better suited for their environment are more likely to pass on the 'better-suitedness' when they replicate, some random mutations occur - some of those mutations make some even better suited to their environment - those ones reproduce. Some mutations make some LESS suited to survive and pass on their traits. After many generations and environmental pressure and/or isolation from it's parent group, changes occur that make something that is much different from it's ancestors. It either changes and survives to pass on it's better-suitedness, or it doesn't and goes extinct. This process applies whether it's a bacterium or an elephant. That's evolution, in a nutshell.

It's not a conscious process.

• Like 1

Exactly!!! See, pin worms are the answer!! Actually, so many other useless life forms have lived and died on this earth for no real purpose. Pin worms don't kill people--- so they don't benefit life by "thinning the earth"--- they simply exist (and create itchy butts). So the big question is-- if god created everything for a purpose--- what was the purpose of the pin worm. Or, if different parasites evolved into various life forms due to survival of the fittest, etc---perhaps the lowly pin worm evolved on its own. Just something to think about!

• Like 2

WHOA!!!!  Wait.. when did coal ever become a whale? (or any life form?) Coal is carbon...carbon IS a necessary component but... life needs way more than carbon, it needs much much more chemically. Phosphorus is at least one element I can think of that's necessary for life.

yup, I'm pretty sure I'm right about that.

Any biochemists here?  :)

Here are several reasons why I think evolution can't be true:

1.   Ex Nihilo, nihil fit.  "Out of nothing, nothing comes."   Scientists agree that 13.7 billion years ago there was, quite literally, nothing.  No atoms, protons, neurons, etc.  Nothing.  There is no scientific explanation for how something can grow out of nothing.  To me, it's just common sense.  If there was a point when nothing existed, then there was no scientific way for that to change.  

This one is always funny because creationists think that evolutionists believe everything came from nothing yet creationists are good with believing their god poofed everything into existence from........... nothing.

Creation vs Evolution

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Basically once a molecule is self-replicating the ones who are better suited for their environment are more likely to pass on the 'better-suitedness' when they replicate, some random mutations occur - some of those mutations make some even better suited to their environment - those ones reproduce. Some mutations make some LESS suited to survive and pass on their traits. After many generations and environmental pressure and/or isolation from it's parent group, changes occur that make something that is much different from it's ancestors. It either changes and survives to pass on it's better-suitedness, or it doesn't and goes extinct. This process applies whether it's a bacterium or an elephant. That's evolution, in a nutshell.

Damn, Ravenstar, if you had ever been in one of my classes when I was teaching at the college, you would have gotten an "A" just for that brief assessment alone, irrespective of whatever else you got wrong during the rest of the semester.

:lmao: I think the OP is trolling, pretending to be an ignoramus, just to get us excited. It's hard to believe he is actually serious with his incoherent, irrational "arguments". C'mon, nobody is really THAT dumb!

ROFL!!!!  

Alright dude this was a pretty good poe...but after that one there is NO FUCKING WAY this is serious

• Like 2

Damn, Ravenstar, if you had ever been in one of my classes when I was teaching at the college, you would have gotten an "A" just for that brief assessment alone, irrespective of whatever else you got wrong during the rest of the semester.

awww thank you! I've done my best to get a decent understanding of it. Some of the material is difficult for us non-scientists (especially the details) even when simplified. I'm glad I got it right. It means a lot to me to get encouragement from someone who is educated in science.

<beam> 

• Super Moderator

Here are several reasons why I think evolution can't be true:

1.   Ex Nihilo, nihil fit.  "Out of nothing, nothing comes."   Scientists agree that 13.7 billion years ago there was, quite literally, nothing.  No atoms, protons, neurons, etc.  Nothing.  There is no scientific explanation for how something can grow out of nothing.  To me, it's just common sense.  If there was a point when nothing existed, then there was no scientific way for that to change.  

Are you seriously suggesting that evolution cannot be true simply because scientific fact doesn't agree with philosophy?  By that logic, christianity cannot be true because scientific fact also disagrees with it.  You just reasoned away your faith.  Now you can call yourself an ex-christian without guilt or shame.  Welcome to the dark side, son.

4. The latest research into the genome of Neanderthals supports the hypothesis that Neanderthals and modern humans lived together and even interbred.  If you are of European, Mid-East/Asian descent, up to 4% of your DNA comes from the Neanderthal genome.  Immunologists have even begun studying how much the human immune system owes to the Neanderthal genome.  I would cite sources for this but your post suggests you dislike reading books and articles. 

Would you list a youtube on the topic for me? I'm interested in some general information on the relationship between Neanderthals and us but I'm very much not a science person. If there's no youtube, would you be able to suggest some other online source?

This one is addicted to the argument from ignorance.  Fancy that.

• Super Moderator

Would you list a youtube on the topic for me? I'm interested in some general information on the relationship between Neanderthals and us but I'm very much not a science person. If there's no youtube, would you be able to suggest some other online source?

Certainly,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1Nrm-M-m14

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2mErfQi1mA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Dgm8zeGqb4

http://discovermagazine.com/2013/march/14-interbreeding-neanderthals

http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2013/03/is-there-a-neanderthal-in-your-dna-new-study-says-there-might-be.html

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/05/100506-science-neanderthals-humans-mated-interbred-dna-gene/

Happy Hunting!

• Super Moderator

That did it for me!

You guys let me know when it not fun anymore.

Sorry. messed up copying

Vote for thread pin. Epic fail from OP, plus excellent source of information on scientific evidence for evolutionary biology.

• Like 2