Goodbye Jesus

No Shit Sherlock

Roz

Again Ex-C's.  When you were christians, did you ever think like this guy?  Seriously, this guy's 1 tip away from actually turning into a menace to society.

Guest end3

Again Ex-C's.  When you were christians, did you ever think like this guy?  Seriously, this guy's 1 tip away from actually turning into a menace to society.

You dumb ass, lol, you are sounding like me and my genocidal extermination. "if we can all see that he is a menace to our perfection then we will punish him to death"

<throws himself at the ground to hopefully cause head injury to keep from reading Roz's logic>

Nah, unlike you, I would advocate therapy.  Your mental conditioning caused by your religion just led you to the one thing you could think of.

Yes.  I view you as 1 step shy of being a menace to society.  

You were the one who incorrectly jumped to conclusions, that I would advocate killing you.

No, I would not.  Simple and direct words eh.  I would not advocate killing you, but if I were the sheriff in your town, I would keep a closer eye on you than most.  

Since I am just a normal man talking to a sociopath, I would urge you to seek out a mental health professional.

That's the difference between me and you.  You jump to "punish him to death" whereas I would rather see you live on, without some burden called religion.  I wish that you no longer have to grasp at straws trying to connect modern day science with writings of primitive cultures.  I wish you peace for the rest of your life.

You dumb ass, lol, you are sounding like me and my genocidal extermination. "if we can all see that he is a menace to our perfection then we will punish him to death"

<throws himself at the ground to hopefully cause head injury to keep from reading Roz's logic>

I'm quoting this quote so that you'll not have the opportunity to change it.  You plainly put words in my mouth, thinking that we're alike.  You clearly said that I would advocate 'punishing you to death.'

This is all you can think of with christian morality?  Wow...

Maybe End is just jealous of you, Roz.  Unlike you, he has to come up with justifications for child killing to serve his god.

Given that Abraham is the father of his religion, the very act of being willing to sacrifice your own child in a blood and fire ritual altar killing is a sign of one's devotion and obedience to god.  I'm sure the thought must come up from time to time: "am I obedient enough to do the same?"  I guess the likely answer in End's case is yes, or atleast maybe given certain circumstances.  For example, should an angel voice in his head tell him his child will grow up to be a cruel dictator.  

Guest end3

Maybe End is just jealous of you, Roz.  Unlike you, he has to come up with justifications for child killing to serve his god.

Ma'am if your comments reflect a positive change in you for being here at this site, I would seriously consider leaving again.

Ma'am if your comments reflect a positive change in you for being here at this site, I would seriously consider leaving again.

Wendywhatever.gif

If he gets out of christianity, I'll be sincerely happy for him.  All of the mental twists and turns he's used for 16 pages now must take their toll.

No more being a deliberate jerk.  I was doing that -and End was right to call me out- so that maybe he'll think about things.

I know my apology won't do any good, I've shot way too many words at him.

Just hope that you'll see where your logic's taken you End.  Hate me, go ahead, I deserve it for being provocative in my posts.  

But I hope you see christianity for what it is, the evolution of the abrahamic faiths for what they are.

---

Above all, I hope you see that you had no defense at the start.  You had no defense as to why the god you hear inside your head is any more credible than the god the SDAs hear, the god the muslims here, the god that the killers hear.  

Andrea Yates killed children, her own children.  How do you know that she's doing the will of the same god you hear in your head?  Those 19 men who killed 3000+ people that day, they also heard the voice of the same god you hear.  

End, why do you like hanging out at this site full of ex-xians?

Guest end3

I like the humor, I like the intellect, I don't agree with the site. Offers an outlet for debate. The church I used to attend wouldn't ever ask these difficult questions. I have a few friends here. Other than that, the extremism is a bit much...like Roz. But I understand it's a process....as it is for me.

Guest end3

Interesting that the Scientific American can pose the same question, but somehow I'm deluded, crazy, etc. I wish someone would have the gonads to actually discuss the question.

He's too indoctrinated, it's what's sad about the whole thing.  I hope the christian lurkers who come here will one day turn ex-c because they can't say "yes" to whatever their god says.  

Die for jesus?  Sure.  Would you kill children for jesus?  That was my ticket out.

Interesting that the Scientific American can pose the same question, but somehow I'm deluded, crazy, etc. I wish someone would have the gonads to actually discuss the question.

The SA did not connect their article to include your proposition.  You've stated that genetic disposition gave license for your god to give the command to kill.

And you've stated that you will obey.

Nowhere in the SA article or any other article you've mentioned connected those dots.  You alone did.  I hope one day you can take off your jesus goggles and look at your own craziness.

it's amazing what's happening right now.  It's like watching someone in deep denial trying to tie anything together.

I like the humor, I like the intellect, I don't agree with the site. Offers an outlet for debate. The church I used to attend wouldn't ever ask these difficult questions. I have a few friends here. Other than that, the extremism is a bit much...like Roz. But I understand it's a process....as it is for me.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find any church that would ask these difficult questions.

If he gets out of christianity, I'll be sincerely happy for him.  All of the mental twists and turns he's used for 16 pages now must take their toll.

No more being a deliberate jerk.  I was doing that -and End was right to call me out- so that maybe he'll think about things.

Just hope that you'll see where your logic's taken you End.  Hate me, go ahead, I deserve it for being provocative in my posts.  

But I hope you see christianity for what it is, the evolution of the abrahamic faiths for what they are.

---

Above all, I hope you see that you had no defense at the start.  You had no defense as to why the god you hear inside your head is any more credible than the god the SDAs hear, the god the muslims here, the god that the killers hear.  

Andrea Yates killed children, her own children.  How do you know that she's doing the will of the same god you hear in your head?  Those 19 men who killed 3000+ people that day, they also heard the voice of the same god you hear.  

No one can justify the killings described in the OT without adding to the text.  He's in a difficult position alright, having to come up with ways to whitewash the OT for a 2014 audience.  But, given that god could inspire people to write books, why would he leave the most important details out?  Why does he need End to guess at justifications for his actions, several thousand years later?  Could he not have just explained these things, after all he did write a book.

Guest end3

---

No one can justify the killings described in the OT without adding to the text.  He's in a difficult position alright, having to come up with ways to whitewash the OT for a 2014 audience.  But, given that god could inspire people to write books, why would he leave the most important details out?  Why does he need End to guess at justifications for his actions, several thousand years later?  Could he not have just explained these things, after all he did write a book.

There's no guessing per your science.....nature and nurture change people genetically. Some nature and nurture is defined as sin. Pretty simple X

Guest end3

it's amazing what's happening right now.  It's like watching someone in deep denial trying to tie anything together.

OK Roz, let's take it step by step.

Certain behaviors defined as sin? Yes or no.

Let me assure you Roz before we start, you will lose this one.

End, I have tried and tried to discuss the question, and you keep ducking me.

You say these things:

1) Maybe God had them kill all those people to wipe out their evil genetic traits.

2) All people have inherited sinful genetic traits and deserve death.

To which I point out:

a) nothing in your Bible to support your presupposition in 1. Nothing.

B) If the goal is to wipe out their genetic traits, you'd have to kill them all, not save out the virgin girls.

c) If everyone has inherited this sinfulness, then those people are no different and there's no reason to wipe them out in particular and leave everybody else.

d) Contemplating a judgmental god and thinking people are inherently evil and worthy of nothing good is demonstrated to be harmful to mental health.

And you haven't bothered to respond to any of those. I don't have any quarrel with science--I have a quarrel with your clumsy and illogical attempt to connect it to genocide in the bible. 

That you continue to try to hold up your abstractions as good and more important than the lives of the people who were killed is still deeply disturbing to me. It's much less surprising that you "despise feminism." I'm wondering what other obviously good things you're opposed to, but I don't really want to know.  

Guest end3

End, I have tried and tried to discuss the question, and you keep ducking me.

You say these things:

1) Maybe God had them kill all those people to wipe out their evil genetic traits.

2) All people have inherited sinful genetic traits and deserve death.

To which I point out:

a) nothing in your Bible to support your presupposition in 1. Nothing.

cool.png If the goal is to wipe out their genetic traits, you'd have to kill them all, not save out the virgin girls.

c) If everyone has inherited this sinfulness, then those people are no different and there's no reason to wipe them out in particular and leave everybody else.

d) Contemplating a judgmental god and thinking people are inherently evil and worthy of nothing good is demonstrated to be harmful to mental health.

And you haven't bothered to respond to any of those. I don't have any quarrel with science--I have a quarrel with your clumsy and illogical attempt to connect it to genocide in the bible. 

That you continue to try to hold up your abstractions as good and more important than the lives of the people who were killed is still deeply disturbing to me. It's much less surprising that you "despise feminism." I'm wondering what other obviously good things you're opposed to, but I don't really want to know.

Here's the Spiritual answer to your question. As God also chose Noah based on Noah's intention, women/ girls who have not given themselves over to "agreement" with those genetics, in my mind might make the Noah cut. Again, that's why I contend that we all are deserving. God says he has grace on those he will have grace on. It's consistent with the story.

End is like a Christian Joker. He just enjoys the chaos he can cause. He's not in the least bit interested in making an intelligible argument. He's only interstred stiring up an atheist hornet nest, no matter how irrelevant his points are. I'm all for constructive debate. I'm happy to concider the opposing side's point of view if they can coherently support their beliefs, but this guy has not done so. I've heard much better arguments for god, End, from much better debaters than you and am still not impressed. All you are doing is using every dishonest, shifty, dodgy tactic in the book to shut down the argument instead of actually engaging in real debate and addressing people's points with coherent responses. The claims you're making make no sense, and your "evidence" for it does not support them.

Guest end3

End is like a Christian Joker. He just enjoys the chaos he can cause. He's not in the least bit interested in making an intelligible argument. He's only interstred stiring up an atheist hornet nest, no matter how irrelevant his points are. I'm all for constructive debate. I'm happy to concider the opposing side's point of view if they can coherently support their beliefs, but this guy has not done so. I've heard much better arguments for god, End, from much better debaters than you and am still not impressed. All you are doing is using every dishonest, shifty, dodgy tactic in the book to shut down the argument instead of actually engaging in real debate and addressing people's points with coherent responses. The claims you're making make no sense, and your "evidence" for it does not support them.

You are certainly free stop participating. I don't remember you ever making a coherent point anyhow.

Sin is a fictional construct.  You can't get off first base.

Guest end3

Sin is a fictional construct.  You can't get off first base.

Not per the definition of sin ma'am.