Goodbye Jesus

No Shit Sherlock

Roz

• Super Moderator

Facts are facts folks....looks like y'all are screwed on this one. But I don't expect any of you quitters to take responsibility.

Why would any of us take responsibility?  god is the one who commanded the atrocities and you're the one defending him; we, on the other hand, have done nothing for which to feel guilty.

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

• Super Moderator

What facts?

That we inherit some tendencies?  You think this is in the Bible? The complexity of genetics and environment?

Good grief.

It doesn't bother me if y'all want to sweep it under the rug...it still there, specifically in the paper I posted. No biggie.

crazy Christian...blah blah. Crazy science...blah blah. It's not really saying the same thing. Delusional, pathetic.

Try to say something SCIENTIFIC to refute...if you can. Prof??? Like a peer-reviewed article saying its BS?

Try to argue from a REAL standpoint.

Your article never mentioned "sin".  Your point was that "sin" was inheritable.  That claim was not supported by the article you posted.  jesus christ, I've already pointed that out to you and you still keep flapping your article about.

I'm still waiting for you to apologize to me for slander, and you're giving Roz grief?

I think you need to realize that you haven't put any kind of argument together here. To the extent that we can follow your leaps in logic, we've pointed out how none of this proves anything in the bible and certainly none of it justifies genocide. 

Therefore, face facts--you have lost this one, end. But I don't expect you (as a blind follower of whatever you're told) to take responsibility.

End3 wrote...

"Facts are facts folks....looks like y'all are screwed on this one. But I don't expect any of you quitters to take responsibility."

http://www.clinicalepigeneticsjournal.com/content/4/1/1

Well End, I've taken the time to read this and here are some pertinent FACTS for your attention.

FACT

Epigenetics is the scientific study of genes, heredity and variation in living organisms.

FACT

All of science is totally agnostic in it's methods, procedures, philosophy and conclusions.

FACT

Science has no allegiance or affiliation with any religion or supernatural belief system.

FACT

Science cannot investigate anything supernatural, but is limited to investigating entirely natural phenomenon.

FACT

Science cannot attribute any cause to the supernatural.

FACT

Science cannot draw supernatural conclusions about anything.

FACT

No item of scientific data can be used to support a supernatural conclusion about anything.

FACT

No item of scientific data can be used to support one belief system over another - science is agnostic and neutral.

FACT

Even if scientific data appears to confirm a given supernatural belief, it is entirely improper to take that data out of it's proper agnostic context and use it to promote any supernatural belief.

Here's one quitter who is taking responsibility, End.

I'm taking the responsibility for calling you out.  

You're taking science and improperly using it to support your supernatural, religious beliefs.  You can't do that!  If you take science out of it's proper agnostic and neutral context  - it ceases to be science.  So you can't call your argument a fact. That's false. That's a lie.  That's a deliberate subversion of scientific data for religious ends, End!

The only one who's screwed here, is you -  you've screwed UP!

The science of Epigenetics draws NO supernatural conclusions at all.  The science of Epigenetics does NOT support Exodus 20:5.  What's happening here is that you think you see a connection between some epigenetic data and your religious beliefs and you call that apparent connection... a fact.

Well, it's isn't a fact.  The ground-rules of science prevent you from making that claim.  They actively prevent you from mixing science and religion.

Deal with it!

What facts?

That we inherit some tendencies?  You think this is in the Bible? The complexity of genetics and environment?

Good grief.

It doesn't bother me if y'all want to sweep it under the rug...it still there, specifically in the paper I posted. No biggie.

crazy Christian...blah blah. Crazy science...blah blah. It's not really saying the same thing. Delusional, pathetic.

Try to say something SCIENTIFIC to refute...if you can. Prof??? Like a peer-reviewed article saying its BS?

You haven't done this End.

I just proved that you haven't.

Deal with it!

14 pages and still this:

Some more for you, End.

Just because some scientists do draw religious and supernatural conclusions from science data, THAT doesn't make what they're doing kosher.  

The two worst offenders are Francis Collins and Hugh Ross, who run these two sites, respectively. 

http://biologos.org/

http://www.reasons.org/

And then there's this train wreck.  http://www.godandscience.org/

These people know full well that science is strictly agnostic and neutral, yet they've betrayed their calling as scientists and have improperly put their personal beliefs first.  This is totally unprofessional.  Whatever religious conclusions they've drawn from science should not be trusted - because they have maliciously taken science out of it's agnostic context and wedded it to a religious doctrine.

And Christians aren't the only ones subverting science for their own ends, End.

https://sites.google.com/site/islamidawa/home

http://www.islam-guide.com/ch1-1.htm

http://www.islamreligion.com/category/34/

This is only the tip of the iceberg.

The catch is that there's no overall authority on the Internet that has any legal power to make these people stop what they're doing.  The 'Net is a jungle, without rules or rule of law.  So there's no guarantee that something written on a site that purports to be true - is true.

There's also no guarantee that when a Christian says that something is 'a fact', that it really is a fact.

Care to withdraw your claim about your 'facts'...?

Guest end3

I see BAA, there are no relationships between religion, nature, nurture, and the natural....thanks, your an idiot.

Oh, I forgot:

Deal with it....lol.

Guest end3

What facts?

Good grief.

Your article never mentioned "sin".  Your point was that "sin" was inheritable.  That claim was not supported by the article you posted.  jesus christ, I've already pointed that out to you and you still keep flapping your article about.

Give me your definition of sin Prof and I bet I can make the connection. You know this already.

Guest end3

I didn't "quit" xianity.  I simply realised I didn't believe in a sky fairy anymore.

You quit after "realizing". Regardless, you quit. Secondly, it specifically says hang in there. So yeah, SheRa, you quit.

Kewl!  I've never been referred to as a Masters of the Universe character.  I like it.

And I've never met a xian on here so interested in my deconversion (which was the greatest day of my life, BTW).  Guess I didn't follow divine orders and "hang in there".  No heavenly prize for me (faux sadface).

Enjoy continuing to waste your life on poorly written bronze age fiction.  And bad science.  Really bad science.

She-Ra is a fictional character and the protagonist of the Filmation cartoonShe-Ra: Princess of Power, debuting in 1985. Also, a series of toys under her name were produced by Mattel.%5B1%5D She is the alter ego of Princess Adora and the twin sister of Prince Adam/He-Man.%5B2%5D She-Ra was intended to appeal to young girls in the same way that He-Man appealed to young boys.%5B3%5D%5B4%5D Filmation writer Larry DiTillio created the backstory for the property.%5B5%5D

She-Ra is introduced in the animated movie The Secret of the Sword as Force Captain Adora, a member of the Evil Horde that rules the planetEtheria. Princess Adora discovers that she is the long lost twin sister of Prince Adam of Eternia, having been kidnapped as a baby by the Horde's leader Hordak. She is granted the Sword of Protection, which parallels He-Man's Sword of Power, gaining the power to transform into She-Ra, her secret identity.%5B6%5D

Adora.jpg

Hope we can be friends despite my truthful disdain for feminism.

Guest end3

I'm still waiting for you to apologize to me for slander, and you're giving Roz grief?

I think you need to realize that you haven't put any kind of argument together here. To the extent that we can follow your leaps in logic, we've pointed out how none of this proves anything in the bible and certainly none of it justifies genocide. 

Therefore, face facts--you have lost this one, end. But I don't expect you (as a blind follower of whatever you're told) to take responsibility.

I didn't take communion today, so I am still in time to apologize. My apologies. My wishful needs are that we communicate across to each other. Thx.

I didn't "quit" xianity.  I simply realised I didn't believe in a sky fairy anymore.

You quit after "realizing". Regardless, you quit. Secondly, it specifically says hang in there. So yeah, SheRa, you quit.

Kewl!  I've never been referred to as a Masters of the Universe character.  I like it.

And I've never met a xian on here so interested in my deconversion (which was the greatest day of my life, BTW).  Guess I didn't follow divine orders and "hang in there".  No heavenly prize for me (faux sadface).

Enjoy continuing to waste your life on poorly written bronze age fiction.  And bad science.  Really bad science.

She-Ra is a fictional character and the protagonist of the Filmation cartoonShe-Ra: Princess of Power, debuting in 1985. Also, a series of toys under her name were produced by Mattel.%5B1%5D She is the alter ego of Princess Adora and the twin sister of Prince Adam/He-Man.%5B2%5D She-Ra was intended to appeal to young girls in the same way that He-Man appealed to young boys.%5B3%5D%5B4%5D Filmation writer Larry DiTillio created the backstory for the property.%5B5%5D

She-Ra is introduced in the animated movie The Secret of the Sword as Force Captain Adora, a member of the Evil Horde that rules the planetEtheria. Princess Adora discovers that she is the long lost twin sister of Prince Adam of Eternia, having been kidnapped as a baby by the Horde's leader Hordak. She is granted the Sword of Protection, which parallels He-Man's Sword of Power, gaining the power to transform into She-Ra, her secret identity.%5B6%5D

Adora.jpg

Friends don't call each other quitters for leaving superstition behind.

Guest end3

Facts are facts folks....looks like y'all are screwed on this one. But I don't expect any of you quitters to take responsibility.

God creates whole races of people with bad DNA so he can kill them before they harm society because they have bad DNA. Check. Got it. Makes sense.

So I was watching 60 Minutes....all the college shootings....most are attributed to schizophrenia.....a genetic thing? Killing is death, death is the debil. The debil is the fallen world,

What is disease?

Guest end3

Adora.jpg

Dang it, was hoping giving you the she ra title would help. Well, if you ever change your mind....but I will still despise feminism just so you know.

God creates whole races of people with bad DNA so he can kill them before they harm society because they have bad DNA. Check. Got it. Makes sense.

So I was watching 60 Minutes....all the college shootings....most are attributed to schizophrenia.....a genetic thing? Killing is death, death is the debil. The debil is the fallen world,

What is disease?

Schizophrenia is only partly genetic.  Environmental factors are also in play.  

If you look at disease in general, a good portion of them are solely or almost entirely environmental.

Adora.jpg

Dang it, was hoping giving you the she ra title would help. Well, if you ever change your mind....but I will still despise feminism just so you know.

You don't have to be a xian to despise feminism, but it helps.

Guest end3

What is disease?

Schizophrenia is only partly genetic.  Environmental factors are also in play.  

If you look at disease in general, a good portion of them are solely or almost entirely environmental.

Environment alters genetics...

What is disease?

This is too stupid.  What devil?  You might as well cite voodoo dolls and stab them with needles.  You use magical thinking.  It is as real and reasonable as reading tea leaves or scattered chicken bones.

By this christian's logic, those muslims who bomb embassies, kill women for not being virgins, blow up buildings, conduct honor rape...

They were justified because their god, the same god that he worships yeshitwa/yaweh/allah, commanded them to.  He can'e prove that his god never gave that order to them. 

Andrea Yates was also justified because she said the same god ordered her to kill her children.

Welcome to lunacy.

Ex-c's, when you were christians, did you think like this guy?

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/do-genes-make-people-evil/

Here's an scientific rag that asks the same question. Guess they are all the things you called me as well.

No, I'm personally calling you out on the fact that you advocate killing children because they may someday grow up to be evil.

And it's just the little boys.  The virgin girls you kept for yourself.

Guest end3

By this christian's logic, those muslims who bomb embassies, kill women for not being virgins, blow up buildings, conduct honor rape...

They were justified because their god, the same god that he worships yeshitwa/yaweh/allah, commanded them to.  He can'e prove that his god never gave that order to them. 

Andrea Yates was also justified because she said the same god ordered her to kill her children.

Welcome to lunacy.

All bow to Roz....he has it right and perfect. Bless you Roz. Thanks for being here to set us straight in you infinite wisdom. Bless, bless, bless you sir. Please come to my town and say a few words when you are not blessing the world.

Welcome to lunacy.

All bow to Roz....he has it right and perfect. Bless you Roz. Thanks for being here to set us straight in you infinite wisdom. Bless, bless, bless you sir. Please come to my town and say a few words when you are not blessing the world.

Just a normal man here, not a child killer like you.  I'll take being a normal human being any day of the week.

Guest end3

Welcome to lunacy.

Just a normal man here, not a child killer like you.  I'll take being a normal human being any day of the week.

sorry Roz, I had forgotten I wasn't responding to your ignorance.

Here you go End, another pat on the head for trying but failing.  zDuivel7.gif