Goodbye Jesus

No Shit Sherlock

Roz

It's all bullshit… Supposedly, Lucifer (an Archangel.. the highest of god's sons) rebelled, and disobedience is a sin.. that was before the fall… and an entire THIRD of the heavenly host rebelled with him (maybe they knew something we don't?  lol). The angels KNEW god personally…they witnessed and even assisted in creation,  they did not have human weaknesses and no sin nature.  We are supposedly a 'little lower than the angels'.. so that probably means they are more intelligent.  wiser..whatever. They also have no DNA, or at least no human DNA.. (do spirits have DNA.. oh wait, theres no evidence for non-corporeal intelligences)

How the heck does that fit? 

It's all just mythology.

• Like 2

I don't know, Exodus 20:5 maybe?

I don't think you are joking.  What a sad state of affairs that is.  Do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound?  You are trying to blend Bronze Age paganism with the cutting edge of DNA research.  You are trying to polish a turd.  Just to clue you in the science part is not the turd.

However, the apologists that do this don't bother to address the reason why we're all sinners, deserving of death.

Here's your chance. What are your expectations within a relationship?

What the hell kind of an off the wall question is that?

A complete dodge. That's what it is, and a refusal to address the comment.

I don't know, Exodus 20:5 maybe?

I don't think you are joking.  What a sad state of affairs that is.  Do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound?  You are trying to blend Bronze Age paganism with the cutting edge of DNA research.  You are trying to polish a turd.  Just to clue you in the science part is not the turd.

Exo 20:5

You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me,

Hmmmm.  So we all remember that breaking the ten commandments = sinning, yes?

If bowing down to an idol is sin, and god is a jealous god that punishes children for the sins of the parents...

He will punish children because their parents bowed to an idol.

No genetics needed.

But this is hilarious to see a 21st century man try and meld the two together...

It's all bullshit… Supposedly, Lucifer (an Archangel.. the highest of god's sons) rebelled, and disobedience is a sin.. that was before the fall… and an entire THIRD of the heavenly host rebelled with him (maybe they knew something we don't?  lol). The angels KNEW god personally…they witnessed and even assisted in creation,  they did not have human weaknesses and no sin nature.  We are supposedly a 'little lower than the angels'.. so that probably means they are more intelligent.  wiser..whatever. They also have no DNA, or at least no human DNA.. (do spirits have DNA.. oh wait, theres no evidence for non-corporeal intelligences)

It's all just mythology.

Since you brought it up the dumbest part of that mythology is the implication that these rebellious angels must have known that they could never win.  There is no way a lesser being could compete against the all powerful and all knowing.  Yet Christian theology has them launch their rebellion anyway.  It's a pointless suicide mission because the bad guys are one-dimensional comic book villains.

Exo 20:5

5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me,

is virgin mary sinless? if she is, then jesus is not the first person without sin, if she is not, she will pass the sin to jesus, or it is magic, a sinless person borne by a sonful person just because the bonle says so?

• Super Moderator

I failed to see the word "sin" mentioned even once, End3.  You said you had proof that "sin" in inheritable.  What a supreme let-down.

Still ignoring me and the pain you inflicted on me, huh End? I hope you haven't given any money to god in the meantime.

Matthew 5:23-24

English Standard Version (ESV)

23 So if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, 24 leave your gift there before the altar and go. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.

But of course the important thing is that you prove that sin in inheritable, and that we all have inherited it, therefore it's okay to violently exterminate some people to wipe out their genetic code, except of course for their virgin women, who somehow aren't carrying the same genetic code...

• Like 1

It's all just mythology.

Or maybe... Maybe those rebellious angels were smart enough to figure out that Yahweh was an ass hat with a thin skin and a massive ego and Lucifer had to warn us.

• Like 1

Guest end3

Facts are facts folks....looks like y'all are screwed on this one. But I don't expect any of you quitters to take responsibility.

Facts are facts folks....looks like y'all are screwed on this one. But I don't expect any of you quitters to take responsibility.

Your arguments and claims have become quite pathetic.  Whether it is because of your infantile religion, your recent personal relationship trauma or somethings else should be analyzed, by you.

What facts?

That we inherit some tendencies?  You think this is in the Bible? The complexity of genetics and environment?

Good grief.

I didn't "quit" xianity.  I simply realised I didn't believe in a sky fairy anymore.

This guy just likes poking lions with his short bible/unrelated science stick. Since his arguments are incoherent, dodgy, morally abhorrent, fallacious, and ridiculous (the definition being worthy of ridicule), I say ridicule him!

End: Facts!! Facts!! Listen to my facts (which have nothing to do with my stupid attempt to justify genocide) you atheist scums! *special pleading, special pleading, blah blah blah*

Wow... somehow these facts were completely missed by the folks over that the national academy of sciences.

Guest end3

What facts?

That we inherit some tendencies?  You think this is in the Bible? The complexity of genetics and environment?

Good grief.

It doesn't bother me if y'all want to sweep it under the rug...it still there, specifically in the paper I posted. No biggie.

crazy Christian...blah blah. Crazy science...blah blah. It's not really saying the same thing. Delusional, pathetic.

Try to say something SCIENTIFIC to refute...if you can. Prof??? Like a peer-reviewed article saying its BS?

Try to argue from a REAL standpoint.

Guest end3

I didn't "quit" xianity.  I simply realised I didn't believe in a sky fairy anymore.

You quit after "realizing". Regardless, you quit. Secondly, it specifically says hang in there. So yeah, SheRa, you quit.

Hey rapist and child murderer, why don't you go and publish your own paper for peer review in scientific magazines?  Go ahead and tie 21st century science with the bible's teachings, and have the NAS verify your findings.

Until then, you're just one man who has publicly said that he will kill and he will rape if your god, that voice in your head, told you to do it.

Guest end3

Hey rapist and child murderer, why don't you go and publish your own paper for peer review in scientific magazines?  Go ahead and tie 21st century science with the bible's teachings, and have the NAS verify your findings.

Until then, you're just one man who has publicly said that he will kill and he will rape if your god, that voice in your head, told you to do it.

This is par for your Roz...you have no argument, so you must slander. Triple dog dare you Roz to make an intelligent statement about the subject...or wait, just make an intelligent statement. lol.

And now you must escalate the demand from show us the paper to you must go and become and expert in the field. Wow Roz.

This is par for your Roz...you have no argument, so you must slander. Triple dog dare you Roz to make an intelligent statement about the subject...or wait, just make an intelligent statement. lol.

This is par for your Roz...

English, do you speak it?

From Ravenstar:

"

It's all just mythology."

Blows your genetics out of the water.

From me:

http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/62917-picking-up-sticks/#.U5PmRCgzJ8E

From RNP:

"

I failed to see the word "sin" mentioned even once, End3.  You said you had proof that "sin" in inheritable.  What a supreme let-down."

You really do make my day, even IH makes more coherent arguments than you do.  Here's a pat on the head and a treat. 

Bottom line, you're trying very very hard to justify the killings done in the bible.  But after 14 pages you still can't say why those are any more justifiable than say, Andrea Yates murdering her children because the same god, your god, told her to.

• Like 1

What facts?

Good grief.

It doesn't bother me if y'all want to sweep it under the rug...it still there, specifically in the paper I posted. No biggie.

crazy Christian...blah blah. Crazy science...blah blah. It's not really saying the same thing. Delusional, pathetic.

Try to say something SCIENTIFIC to refute...if you can. Prof??? Like a peer-reviewed article saying its BS?

Try to argue from a REAL standpoint.

Would you listen to yourself, End?  You are trying to combine magic, voodoo and science.  Then you are getting pissed off if people tell you why that does not work.

And now you must escalate the demand from show us the paper to you must go and become and expert in the field. Wow Roz.

This is how christians operate, sadly.  Thank you for demonstrating your illogical reasoning.

That scientific paper has:

• no mention of epigenetics being tied to what happened in the bible
  • no mention of anything spiritual commands from any deity
  • no mention of justifications of murdering anyone

Yes, that scientific paper outlines how genetic traits can occur, but nothing more.  You're trying to bridge the biblical writings with it.

So yes, you must write your own paper about how it is justifiable to kill children because of epigenetics and then have it peer reviewed.

Trying so hard, yet failing just as hard.  Bless your heart...

God creates whole races of people with bad DNA so he can kill them before they harm society because they have bad DNA. Check. Got it. Makes sense.

• Like 4

You quit after "realizing". Regardless, you quit. Secondly, it specifically says hang in there. So yeah, SheRa, you quit.

Kewl!  I've never been referred to as a Masters of the Universe character.  I like it.

And I've never met a xian on here so interested in my deconversion (which was the greatest day of my life, BTW).  Guess I didn't follow divine orders and "hang in there".  No heavenly prize for me (faux sadface).

Enjoy continuing to waste your life on poorly written bronze age fiction.  And bad science.  Really bad science.

She-Ra is a fictional character and the protagonist of the Filmation cartoonShe-Ra: Princess of Power, debuting in 1985. Also, a series of toys under her name were produced by Mattel.[1] She is the alter ego of Princess Adora and the twin sister of Prince Adam/He-Man.[2] She-Ra was intended to appeal to young girls in the same way that He-Man appealed to young boys.[3][4] Filmation writer Larry DiTillio created the backstory for the property.[5]
She-Ra is introduced in the animated movie The Secret of the Sword as Force Captain Adora, a member of the Evil Horde that rules the planetEtheria. Princess Adora discovers that she is the long lost twin sister of Prince Adam of Eternia, having been kidnapped as a baby by the Horde's leader Hordak. She is granted the Sword of Protection, which parallels He-Man's Sword of Power, gaining the power to transform into She-Ra, her secret identity.[6]

Adora.jpg