Goodbye Jesus

No Shit Sherlock

Roz

1 Sam. 15

This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy[a] all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’”

By your own words, you will kill children.  And you still want to be taken seriously?

1 Sam. 15

This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy[a] all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’”

By your own words, you will kill children.  And you still want to be taken seriously?

Praise the loving God who orders the death of women, children and infants!

Glorious is He who orders the death of women, children and infants!

Let us worship his holy name,  the Lord God who orders the death of women, children and infants! 

:-) God is good all the time ... especially when he's issuing death sentences to infants! 

• Like 2

Most civilized countries do not have the death penalty. Not all yet… but soon. We are evolving, shocking, isn't it?  zDuivel7.gif

1 Sam. 15

And let's not forget that by the power of the holy spirit, King David wrote these words...

Psalm 139: 13 & 14

For you created my inmost being;

you knit me together in my mother’s womb.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful,

I know that full well.

God would have also knit together these Amalekite children in their mother's wombs - so that he could then order the Israelites to kill them.  

Is that kind of God still worth your praise, love and worship, End?

• Like 3

Guest end3

Seems like I remember a discussion with Hans and epigenetics justifying wiping out an entire population. Sins of the father type discussion.

Guest end3

Most civilized countries do not have the death penalty. Not all yet… but soon. We are evolving, shocking, isn't it?  zDuivel7.gif

If life's end is death, then sentencing someone to life in prison is much like hell, you recon. So regardless, death penalty of life in prison is very much like death or hell.

Without one ounce of evidence and testable proof to back things up as usual. 

What makes your faith, your beliefs, your relationship with the holy sperm, different from hers?

Guest end3

Without one ounce of evidence and testable proof to back things up as usual.

Epigenetics has no evidence or testable proof?

What makes your faith, your beliefs, your relationship with the holy sperm, different from hers?

Nothing.  Complete nothing.  Just like any other day.  Yawn.

Guest end3

Answer the question Roz....why are you avoiding the science....yawn.

Your god ordered christians like you to kill children.  No genetics needed if your god is true.  But you really can't answer any question at all with any credible proof, can you.  You can't even answer directly simple questions like "What makes your faith, your beliefs, your relationship with the holy sperm, different from hers?"

Run along boy, take it easy.

If life's end is death, then sentencing someone to life in prison is much like hell, you recon. So regardless, death penalty of life in prison is very much like death or hell.

It would be nothing like the mythical hell.  Hell is suppose to last forever.  That would be one person experiencing every jail sentence put together in all of history and then doing it again and again.

Guest end3

Your god ordered christians like you to kill children.  No genetics needed if your god is true.  But you really can't answer any question at all with any credible proof, can you.  You can't even answer directly simple questions like "What makes your faith, your beliefs, your relationship with the holy sperm, different from hers?"

Run along boy, take it easy.

No Roz, I posed some science here to make sense of the accusations you make but you don't wish to go there....just staying with the things I have no proposition for. Do you want to talk epigenetics or not.

Guest end3

It would be nothing like the mythical hell.  Hell is suppose to last forever.  That would be one person experiencing every jail sentence put together in all of history and then doing it again and again.

Yes it would....if the "soul" is gone at death in let's say 90 years.....zero to 90 years is eternity. There is no eternity post 90 if the soul does not exist.

Shifting a simple, direct order from your god to mortal men to something involving epigenetics is nothing more than an IH dodge.

You've not answered why your faith, your particular flavor of christianity, your particular adherence to the will of the holy sperm, is any different than that girl who rejoiced that 15 thousand people in Japan died because 'god shook that country'

You've shown that you don't trust women due to your past interactions with them in the feminist thread.  Why?  Because it all went sour.  So you view women with contempt just because of your own past experiences.

You've shown that you're willing to do whatever your god ordered you to do in an earlier thread called "would you do it."

You've shown that you're now trying to dodge the question with genetic predilections instead of just answering the question posed to every theist out there:  "Why should we take your faith more seriously than we take every other theist's faith?"

Guest end3

Seems like you're going to have to dismiss many definitions as unreal Roz. I don't know the mechanism God uses to communicate Spirit. To your question about why it all doesn't match is everyone is in a different circumstance and place in their walk with Christ. If it's a perfect plan by God, you would never know at this point Roz.

Answered your questions. We can talk epigenetics now?

You don't know why your faith, your relationship with the holy sperm, your jesus, should be taken seriously compared to the other faiths.

You don't know why your god does what he does, yet you follow him anyway.  If he appeared to you right now, you said you would do anything he commanded, just like the people in the old testament.

Yet you want me to take your discussions about how you think genetic predilections are somehow god's way to give people insight seriously? 

• Like 1

Yes it would....if the "soul" is gone at death in let's say 90 years.....zero to 90 years is eternity. There is no eternity post 90 if the soul does not exist.

Look if you want to have a personal theology where eternity is 90 years long that is fine.  But Christendom has long held the theology that hell lasts forever.  You can't prove that a soul even exists or the after live lasts even a day past death.

Guest end3

You don't know why your faith, your relationship with the holy sperm, your jesus, should be taken seriously compared to the other faiths.

You don't know why your god does what he does, yet you follow him anyway.  If he appeared to you right now, you said you would do anything he commanded, just like the people in the old testament.

Yet you want me to take your discussions about how you think genetic predilections are somehow god's way to give people insight seriously?

Yes, the epigenetics offer agreement, to my understanding, with why God would say kill the entire population. So yes, this is why my faith strengthens in the light of new scientific understanding. You willing to go there or not. Doesn't look as you have the courage.

Guest end3

Look if you want to have a personal theology where eternity is 90 years long that is fine.  But Christendom has long held the theology that hell lasts forever.  You can't prove that a soul even exists or the after live lasts even a day past death.

It's not personal, it would be the understanding of someone who DOESN'T believe in a soul eternity.....i.e. a NON-believer. So eternity for the non-believer would be the length of a natural life.

Yes, the epigenetics offer agreement, to my understanding, with why God would say kill the entire population. So yes, this is why my faith strengthens in the light of new scientific understanding. You willing to go there or not. Doesn't look as you have the courage.

So... because of genetic predilections of those Amalekites, you, as a loyal christian Israelite, would follow god's orders to kill their children and their infants.  You would take your bronze weapons and skewer these children, because god made you with genetic predispositions to kill them, and they had genetic predispositions to oppose your god?

Yup, you have the courage to kill kids.  I don't doubt that.  No doubt if we were having this conversation in the dark ages you would be one of those inquisitors that lights the fires of heretics.

Guest end3

So... because of genetic predilections of those Amalekites, you, as a loyal christian Israelite, would follow god's orders to kill their children and their infants.  You would take your bronze weapons and skewer these children, because god made you with genetic predispositions to kill them, and they had genetic predispositions to oppose your god?

Yup, you have the courage to kill kids.  I don't doubt that.  No doubt if we were having this conversation in the dark ages you would be one of those inquisitors that lights the fires of heretics.

Let me ask you this. If you knew a child would grow up to be Hitler, what would you do.

Let me ask you this. If you knew a child would grow up to be Hitler, what would you do.

I would not kill that child, instead I would raise him up as best I could.  Because I do not know how that child would turn out.  Guess what, neither do you.

You, however, would do this:

Num 31:

15 “Have you allowed all the women to live?” he asked them. 16 “They were the ones who followed Balaam’s advice and enticed the Israelites to be unfaithful to the Lord in the Peor incident, so that a plague struck the Lord’s people. 17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

By your warped logic, every virgin girl should be saved, because somehow your god knew they were not going to grow up to be Hitler.

However, every single male child will become Hitler, so you are commanded to kill them.

Their mothers are also genetically made to be evil, so you are commanded to kill them.

---

We both see that these are words written by an old culture.  This is the sword in the field.  I view these as the writings of an ancient group of people, nothing more and nothing less.  No supernatural aspect. 

You and that girl in the video view these writings as the word of an omnipotent god.  And you want to be taken seriously.

Tell me, why do you not view the writings of Islam as the word of an omnipotent god?  Those 19 men who killed thousands viewed it as the word of god.  Why should your viewpoints be any more credible than theirs?

• Like 1

Guest end3

No, this happens all the time these days Roz. All these mass murderers. And then society screaming what happened. And then we of course define them as genetically warped? or sentence them to punishment. And somehow you would discount God knowing in advance.

The point is, you are already acting as God would have you by choosing life for the child regardless of evil. I would point you to Grace at this point.