Goodbye Jesus

No Shit Sherlock

Roz

And somehow you would discount God knowing in advance.

You're a horrible human being End3.  You'd really take your sword and kill children because your god gave you the revelation that they'll turn evil one day.

All the boys, and non virgin women.  The virgin girls, on the other hand, you keep for yourself because their genetic makeup was made by your god so that they'll turn out to be good people (your sex slaves).

This is what the muslims have in their holy book.  You know, those muslims worship your same god, the god of abraham.

"Such of your women as have passed the age of monthly courses, for them the prescribed period, if ye have any doubts, is three months, and for those who have no courses (it is the same): for those who carry (life within their wombs), their period is until they deliver their burdens: and for those who fear Allah, He will make their path easy."

Yup, it prescribes that girls who are not yet menstruating are OK to have sex with, because Allah will 'make their paths easy.'

Horrible horrible shit.  Yet your credibility has the same weight as theirs.  Ancient book.  And you still want to be taken seriously?

Guest end3

Roz, I'm going to stop discussing with you now because you are too stupid to realize you just got handed your ass.......boy.

Roz, I'm going to stop discussing with you now because you are too stupid to realize you just got handed your ass.......boy.

Yup, the words of a sad man who wants his faith to be taken seriously, and all he's got is his faith in an ancient book.

Yes it would....if the "soul" is gone at death in let's say 90 years.....zero to 90 years is eternity. There is no eternity post 90 if the soul does not exist.

Look if you want to have a personal theology where eternity is 90 years long that is fine.  But Christendom has long held the theology that hell lasts forever.  You can't prove that a soul even exists or the after live lasts even a day past death.

It's not personal, it would be the understanding of someone who DOESN'T believe in a soul eternity.....i.e. a NON-believer. So eternity for the non-believer would be the length of a natural life.

Even 115 years is a drop in the ocean compared to infinity.  We are comparing a lifetime to the concept of an eternal hell.  There is no comparison.  One is finite and the other infinite.

A grown man who would kill because he trusts his god is a man that society should watch out for.

• Like 1

Guest end3

And I'm the evil one here Roz. You just told the world how you would raise a child as well as you could yet all you could do was belittle me? I feel sorry for the children in your presence.

I would raise that child instead of kill him because I don't know how he will turn out.  I don't have precognition.  You don't either.

And yet you claim that your faith, your religion, your holy sperm, your god has the 100% clear view of the future.

And all you have is an ancient collection of books and scrolls to back your statement up. 

Let me state this again.  You're a horrible human being for being willing to kill children because your god (who you stated you can't prove his ways) ordered you to.

• Like 2

Yes, you've gone too far this time, End.  

The Bible says that it's ok to kill children at God's command?

If you can't (or won't) see that this is morally and ethically wrong (i.e., evil) then I'm sorry for you.

Yes End.

YOU are the evil one... if you would kill children because God commanded it.

silverpenny013Hmmm.gif 

Perhaps 6,999,999,999 people in this world are "too stupid to realize".  But as long as you can see it then it's all good.

And not so long ago you candidly admitted that God caused good and evil.

Looks like you and He are peas in a pod, morally speaking.

Guest end3

You're both idiots. We still kill people today. Christ says vengeance is Mine, not ours. Yes, we don't know how people will turn out, but THEN, God was leading them directly.

Please, send better representatives for your non-believer side.....as both of you are not too hooked up.

You're both idiots. We still kill people today. Christ says vengeance is Mine, not ours. Yes, we don't know how people will turn out, but THEN, God was leading them directly.

Please, send better representatives for your non-believer side.....as both of you are not too hooked up.

You shall know them by their fruit...

Yes.  We are the idiots because you quote two people who do not exist.  No doubt the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy put us in our place with logic that is beyond our ability.

• Like 1

Christ says vengeance is Mine, not ours.

Koran 9:29

"Fight those who do not believe in Allah, nor in the latter day, nor do they prohibit what Allah and His Messenger have prohibited, nor follow the religion of truth, out of those who have been given the Book, until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and they are in a state of subjection."

This is all you have as proof.  Hate my guts from now until you die, I don't care.  I hope that this jars you into reality and sanity.  All you have is a book just like the Muslims have, just like SDAs have, just like the Mormons have. 

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!  Wendytwitch.gif

We still kill people today?

WE don't claim to be morally perfect, sinless and good - God does!  

• Like 1

just wondering who would god want end3 to kill today,,,,,

when he does, will he claim god ask him to.....

• Super Moderator

What makes your faith, your beliefs, your relationship with the holy sperm, different from hers?

Nothing.  Complete nothing.  Just like any other day.  Yawn.

Answer the question Roz....why are you avoiding the science....yawn.

Your god ordered christians like you to kill children.  No genetics needed if your god is true.  But you really can't answer any question at all with any credible proof, can you.  You can't even answer directly simple questions like "What makes your faith, your beliefs, your relationship with the holy sperm, different from hers?"

Run along boy, take it easy.

No Roz, I posed some science here to make sense of the accusations you make but you don't wish to go there....just staying with the things I have no proposition for. Do you want to talk epigenetics or not.

What does chemical reactions turning on (or off) certain genome sequences as a biological entity develops have to do with god ordering mass genocide?

• Like 1

Complains about being belittled....check.

Calls other people "idiots" and "feels sorry for" children raised in their care...check.

Retroactively justifies genocide by presuming some kind of genetic inevitability toward 'evil' (which his religion says all people have)...check.

Then claims that people arguing that children shouldn't be killed are evil...check.

Yeah, you're way off the deep end there, and well into hypocrisy to boot. You're making christianity look a lot LESS appealing to people here, which I had thought would be impossible to do.

Yahweh is a horrible, horrible bloodthirsty god… and Jeebus is worse. Yahweh only killed and tortured the living, Jeebus condemns to eternal  hell. The entire Bible is a testament to a savage and barbaric age.

Even we don't condemn others to that. We remove them from society… mainly to protect the rest - not necessarily to punish.

Yahweh was a WAR god… and the Israelites were rampaging all over the place. 

The tribe of Benjamin, however, failed to drive out the Jebusites, who were living in Jerusalem.  So to this day the Jebusites live in Jerusalem among the people of Benjamin.  The descendants of Joseph attacked the town of Bethel, and the LORD was with them.  They sent spies to Bethel (formerly known as Luz), who confronted a man coming out of the city.  They said to him, "Show us a way into the city, and we will have mercy on you."  So he showed them a way in, and they killed everyone in the city except for this man and his family.  Later the man moved to the land of the Hittites, where he built a city.  He named the city Luz, and it is known by that name to this day.  The tribe of Manasseh failed to drive out the people living in Beth-shan, Taanach, Dor, Ibleam, Megiddo, and their surrounding villages, because the Canaanites were determined to stay in that region.

When the Israelites grew stronger, they forced the Canaanites to work as slaves, but they never did drive them out of the land.  The tribe of Ephraim also failed to drive out the Canaanites living in Gezer, and so the Canaanites continued to live there among them.  The tribe of Zebulun also failed to drive out the Canaanites living in Kitron and Nahalol, who continued to live among them. But they forced them to work as slaves.  The tribe of Asher also failed to drive out the residents of Acco, Sidon, Ahlab, Aczib, Helbah, Aphik, and Rehob.  In fact, because they did not drive them out, the Canaanites dominated the land where the people of Asher lived.  The tribe of Naphtali also failed to drive out the residents of Beth-shemesh and Beth-anath. Instead, the Canaanites dominated the land where they lived.  Nevertheless, the people of Beth-shemesh and Beth-anath were sometimes forced to work as slaves for the people of Naphtali.  As for the tribe of Dan, the Amorites forced them into the hill country and would not let them come down into the plains.  The Amorites were determined to stay in Mount Heres, Aijalon, and Shaalbim, but when the descendants of Joseph became stronger, they forced the Amorites to work as slaves (Judges 1:21-35 NLT)

Then, with Micah's idols and his priest, the men of Dan came to the town of Laish, whose people were peaceful and secure.  They attacked and killed all the people and burned the town to the ground.  There was no one to rescue the residents of the town, for they lived a great distance from Sidon and had no allies nearby.  This happened in the valley near Beth-rehob.Then the people of the tribe of Dan rebuilt the town and lived there.  They renamed the town Dan after their ancestor, Israel's son, but it had originally been called Laish.  (Judges 18:27-29 NLT)

You must destroy all the nations the LORD your God hands over to you.  Show them no mercy and do not worship their gods.  If you do, they will trap you.  Perhaps you will think to yourselves, 'How can we ever conquer these nations that are so much more powerful than we are?'  But don't be afraid of them!  Just remember what the LORD your God did to Pharaoh and to all the land of Egypt.  Remember the great terrors the LORD your God sent against them.  You saw it all with your own eyes!  And remember the miraculous signs and wonders, and the amazing power he used when he brought you out of Egypt.  The LORD your God will use this same power against the people you fear.  And then the LORD your God will send hornets to drive out the few survivors still hiding from you!  "No, do not be afraid of those nations, for the LORD your God is among you, and he is a great and awesome God.  The LORD your God will drive those nations out ahead of you little by little.  You will not clear them away all at once, for if you did, the wild animals would multiply too quickly for you.  But the LORD your God will hand them over to you.  He will throw them into complete confusion until they are destroyed.  He will put their kings in your power, and you will erase their names from the face of the earth. No one will be able to stand against you, and you will destroy them all.   (Deuteronomy 7:16-24 NLT) 

"The glory of Israel will fly away like a bird, for your children will die at birth or perish in the womb or never even be conceived.  Even if your children do survive to grow up, I will take them from you.  It will be a terrible day when I turn away and leave you alone.  I have watched Israel become as beautiful and pleasant as Tyre.  But now Israel will bring out her children to be slaughtered."  O LORD, what should I request for your people?  I will ask for wombs that don't give birth and breasts that give no milk.  The LORD says, "All their wickedness began at Gilgal; there I began to hate them.  I will drive them from my land because of their evil actions.  I will love them no more because all their leaders are rebels.  The people of Israel are stricken.  Their roots are dried up; they will bear no more fruit.  And if they give birth, I will slaughter their beloved children."   (Hosea 9:11-16 NLT)

"Make ready to slaughter his sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and possess the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with tyrants."   (Isaiah 14:21 NAB)

"If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him.  Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you.  You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery.  And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst."   (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

"While the Israelites were in the desert, a man was discovered gathering wood on the Sabbath day.  Those who caught him at it brought him to Moses and Aaron and the whole assembly.  But they kept him in custody, for there was no clear decision as to what should be done with him.  Then the Lord said to Moses, "This man shall be put to death; let the whole community stone him outside the camp." So the whole community led him outside the camp and stoned him to death as the Lord had commanded Moses."   Numbers 15:32-36 NAB

"At that time the Spirit of the LORD came upon Jephthah, and he went throughout the land of Gilead and Manasseh, including Mizpah in Gilead, and led an army against the Ammonites.  And Jephthah made a vow to the LORD. He said, "If you give me victory over the Ammonites, I will give to the LORD the first thing coming out of my house to greet me when I return in triumph.  I will sacrifice it as a burnt offering."

"So Jephthah led his army against the Ammonites, and the LORD gave him victory.  He thoroughly defeated the Ammonites from Aroer to an area near Minnith - twenty towns - and as far away as Abel-keramim. Thus Israel subdued the Ammonites.  When Jephthah returned home to Mizpah, his daughter - his only child - ran out to meet him, playing on a tambourine and dancing for joy.  When he saw her, he tore his clothes in anguish.  "My daughter!" he cried out.  "My heart is breaking!  What a tragedy that you came out to greet me. For I have made a vow to the LORD and cannot take it back."  And she said, "Father, you have made a promise to the LORD.  You must do to me what you have promised, for the LORD has given you a great victory over your enemies, the Ammonites.  But first let me go up and roam in the hills and weep with my friends for two months, because I will die a virgin."  "You may go," Jephthah said. And he let her go away for two months.  She and her friends went into the hills and wept because she would never have children.  When she returned home, her father kept his vow, and she died a virgin.  So it has become a custom in Israel for young Israelite women to go away for four days each year to lament the fate of Jephthah's daughter."   Judges 11:29-40

"Happy those who seize your children and smash them against a rock." Psalms 137:9 NAB

So Joshua conquered the entire region – the hill country, the Negev, the land of Goshen, the western foothills, the Jordan Valley, and the mountains and lowlands of Israel.  The Israelite territory now extended all the way from Mount Halak, which leads up to Seir, to Baal-gad at the foot of Mount Hermon in the valley of Lebanon.  Joshua killed all the kings of those territories, waging war for a long time to accomplish this.  No one in this region made peace with the Israelites except the Hivites of Gibeon. All the others were defeated.  For the LORD hardened their hearts and caused them to fight the Israelites instead of asking for peace.  So they were completely and mercilessly destroyed, as the LORD had commanded Moses.   (Joshua 11:16-20 NLT)

In that day those the LORD has slaughtered will fill the earth from one end to the other.  No one will mourn for them or gather up their bodies to bury them.  They will be scattered like dung on the ground.   (Jeremiah 25:33 NLT)

Then the LORD, the God of Israel, said to me, "Take from my hand this cup filled to the brim with my anger, and make all the nations to whom I send you drink from it.  When they drink from it, they will stagger, crazed by the warfare I will send against them."   (Jeremiah 25:15-16 NLT)

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are.  If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again.  But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her.  And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter.  If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife.  If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment.   (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

"It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid."  (Luke 16:17 NAB)

“For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished.  Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.”  (Matthew 5:18-19 RSV)

“Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law" (John7:19)

These are but a few small passages amongst tons of rape, incest, betrayal, bloodshed and cruelty and war and all supported by Jesus... in Yahweh's name. It goes on and on and on...

WHO exactly are you worshipping? 

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

The bible would have us believe that striped goats could be produced from spotted parents by mating the parents in front of troughs that had peeled poplar tree branches in them (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Gen%2030:25-Gen%2030:43).  The god of the bible clearly lacks understanding of even the most basic principles of Mendelian genetics. 

With such ignorance at his disposal, we are invited to believe that he destroyed the Amalekites based upon their genetic predispositions?

What happens if you conceive in front of the cat?  GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

Guest end3

With such ignorance at his disposal, we are invited to believe that he destroyed the Amalekites based upon their genetic predispositions?

Seems reasonable. God would be into absolutes.

Guest end3

Complains about being belittled....check.

Calls other people "idiots" and "feels sorry for" children raised in their care...check.

Retroactively justifies genocide by presuming some kind of genetic inevitability toward 'evil' (which his religion says all people have)...check.

Then claims that people arguing that children shouldn't be killed are evil...check.

Yeah, you're way off the deep end there, and well into hypocrisy to boot. You're making christianity look a lot LESS appealing to people here, which I had thought would be impossible to do.

It's my forte...

• Super Moderator

Seems reasonable. God would be into absolutes.

You missed the point, End3.  How would god even know they had genetic predispositions when he clearly understands nothing of genetics?