Goodbye Jesus

God's Mighty Plan Of Salvation

TheRedneckProfessor

Well, now we know where those damn fossils came from....

bosch_dinossauro.jpg

Dino steaks! yelrotflmao.gif

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

"Either way, why would animals not be afraid of the humans who were killing them, either for their own or their gods' consumption, until after the flood?"

If you mean why did the animals willingly enter the ark, here's my answer.

I live in a rural area in the South. There is no way I could go out and round up two of a kind of all the

critters that live in the woods.

I believe God instructed the animals to enter the ark.

I did not mean, "Why did the animals willingly enter the ark?" and you know perfectly well that is not what I meant.  I meant, "Why were the animals not already afraid of the humans who were killing them."

You are being supremely disingenuous, TinPony; and I am nearing the end of my patience with you.  Stop playing games and answer the fucking question or you and I are done.

Before the flood God did not give humans permission to eat meat. Also, animals did have an instinctive fear of man.

After the flood, that changed:

"And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be on every beast of the earth, on every bird of the air, on all that move on the earth, and on all the fish of the sea. They are given into your hand. Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. I have given you all things, even as the green herbs."

~Genesis 9:1-3

1.  If man did not eat meat before the flood, how did Noah know which animals were "clean" and which were "unclean"?

2.  You made the statement that animals did have in instinctive fear of man (implying before the flood); then you made the contradictory statement that it changed after the flood when god put the fear of man into the animals.  If the animals already feared man before the flood, then it wasn't god who put that fear into them.

Bump! 

Ironhorse, we all know that you have made a promise to address the many questions and issues we have laid before you.  This is just one of those issues you need to address.  I am a patient man, but you shouldn't test that.

Ironhorse, please address the points I have made here as per your promise.

Ironhorse, your abandonment of this thread has not gone unnoticed, neither by myself nor by the lurkers you claim to be here to help.  

Address the issues we have raised.  By refusing to do so, you prove yourself to be dishonest, disingenuous, and hypocritical.  

Your actions are cowardly, and being a man from the rural South myself, I can tell you:  There's nothing worse than a coward.

How could Noah have known about clean and unclean animals before the Law was given? In Genesis 5:3 god states that "everything that moveth shall be food for you"[emphasis mine], but then contradicts himself in Genesis 8:20 when he tells Noah to bring clean and unclean animals aboard the Ark. Then we don't hear about this issue again until Leviticus and Deuteronomy.

The first issue I see here is that 'everything that moveth' implies that pre-flood people were eating MOVING things (animals) (lol to the vegetarian idea) then the knowledge of the cleanliness of a particular animal was ASSUMED by the later writers of the pre-flood population, who would have lived AFTER the Law code was given by Moses. This points to the problem of who wrote Genesis, and their purpose in attempting to convince their audience of the Law… before the law was. 

They really needed a better editor  :)

Not sure if I articulated that well.  sad.png

• Like 1

How could Noah have known about clean and unclean animals before the Law was given? In Genesis 5:3 god states that "everything that moveth shall be food for you"[emphasis mine], but then contradicts himself in Genesis 8:20 when he tells Noah to bring clean and unclean animals aboard the Ark. Then we don't hear about this issue again until Leviticus and Deuteronomy.

The first issue I see here is that 'everything that moveth' implies that pre-flood people were eating MOVING things (animals) (lol to the vegetarian idea) then the knowledge of the cleanliness of a particular animal was ASSUMED by the later writers of the pre-flood population, who would have lived AFTER the Law code was given by Moses. This points to the problem of who wrote Genesis, and their purpose in attempting to convince their audience of the Law… before the law was.

They really needed a better editor :)

Not sure if I articulated that well. sad.png

I'm sure you know better than I how the OT scriptures were edited and reedited over time to suit political agendas. I'm sure the distinction between clean and unclean animals in the Noah story was an edition to the text during the time of the law (as you point out) to show true importance of the law to god.

biggrin.png  for the lurkers and the doubting

These things aren't pointed out on xtian websites, Wed night bible study or in Sunday sermons.

edit: of course if I am wrong or have missed something, I trust that my fellow members will correct me.

"Either way, why would animals not be afraid of the humans who were killing them, either for their own or their gods' consumption, until after the flood?"

I live in a rural area in the South. There is no way I could go out and round up two of a kind of all the

I did not mean, "Why did the animals willingly enter the ark?" and you know perfectly well that is not what I meant.  I meant, "Why were the animals not already afraid of the humans who were killing them."

You are being supremely disingenuous, TinPony; and I am nearing the end of my patience with you.  Stop playing games and answer the fucking question or you and I are done.

Before the flood God did not give humans permission to eat meat. Also, animals did have an instinctive fear of man.

"And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be on every beast of the earth, on every bird of the air, on all that move on the earth, and on all the fish of the sea. They are given into your hand. Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. I have given you all things, even as the green herbs."

1.  If man did not eat meat before the flood, how did Noah know which animals were "clean" and which were "unclean"?

2.  You made the statement that animals did have in instinctive fear of man (implying before the flood); then you made the contradictory statement that it changed after the flood when god put the fear of man into the animals.  If the animals already feared man before the flood, then it wasn't god who put that fear into them.

Answer One: Genesis 1:29 indicates that God’s plan was for humans and animals to subsist on a vegetarian diet. It is not known if all people before the flood followed this vegetarian diet. How did Noah know the difference is not given in the scriptures? One has to remember most Biblical narratives not contain every moment of the story. It is not a fully detailed narrative.

Evidently Noah did know.  After the flood Noah built an altar and offered a clean animal as a sacrifice (Gen. 8:20).

Answer Two- I made a mistake in writing that animals had a fear of man before the blood, I meant they did not have an instinctive fear. Reminds me to proofread better before I post.

• Like 1

After the flood Noah built an altar and offered a clean animal as a sacrifice (Gen. 8:20).

Haha...must have been an animal we don't know even existed...because after sacrificing that animal to God there had been no possibility for the other one to mate since Noah had only one pair of each...

Answer One: Genesis 1:29 indicates that God’s plan was for humans and animals to subsist on a vegetarian diet. It is not known if all people before the flood followed this vegetarian diet. How did Noah know the difference is not given in the scriptures? One has to remember most Biblical narratives not contain every moment of the story. It is not a fully detailed narrative.

Evidently Noah did know.  After the flood Noah built an altar and offered a clean animal as a sacrifice (Gen. 8:20).

Answer Two- I made a mistake in writing that animals had a fear of man before the blood, I meant they did not have an instinctive fear. Reminds me to proofread better before I post.

That's an interesting approach to the Bible "there's something not in it, so I'll pretend it's there".  How did Noah get the kangaroos and penguins on the ark, and how did they get back to their respective continents afterwards?

• Like 1

That's an interesting approach to the Bible "there's something not in it, so I'll pretend it's there".  How did Noah get the kangaroos and penguins on the ark, and how did they get back to their respective continents afterwards?

Noah was not told to gather the animals. He was commanded only to build the Ark, large enough for all the animals, and simply receive the animals when they arrived. "And of every living thing of all flesh, . . . two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive" (Genesis 6:19-20).

"come unto thee" I believe says that God called the animals to the ark.

I believe the continents were all together as one large land mass before the flood.

• Like 1

I think the animals were called by God to board the ark. Noah did not have to go and round them up. I believe the continents were all together as one large land mass before the flood.

The science of geology says that is false. The purported events were 6,000 - 5,000 years ago. The continents were in their current positions. And what about the dinosaurs? Were they on the ark, too?

I think the animals were called by God to board the ark. Noah did not have to go and round them up. I believe the continents were all together as one large land mass before the flood.

You live in a delusion.  The evidence tells us what happened in the past.  There was no Noah and there was no global flood.  It's preposterous to think that all animals were born out of incest just 4,000 years ago.  And six humans cannot give birth to the entire human race.  There would be too much inbreeding and birth defects.  That is not counting that the story says that all the males were brothers.  Could you imagine what it would be like to have only one genetic great grandfather and one genetic great grandmother.  Your grandparents were all brother and sister.  Your parents were first cousins.  And you would bleed to death at the slightest injury.  The stupid is epic.

• Like 1

Could you imagine what it would be like to have only one genetic great grandfather and one genetic great grandmother.  Your grandparents were all brother and sister.  Your parents were first cousins.  And you would bleed to death at the slightest injury.  The stupid is epic.

MM, if you add godly magic to the problem, then the problem is erased! Simple...

The science of geology says that is false. The purported events were 6,000 - 5,000 years ago. The continents were in their current positions. And what about the dinosaurs? Were they on the ark, too?

I don't know when the event took place.

You accept that the geological evidence proves the flood narrative false. I don't.  

I'm not set on a view on the dinosaurs. Some Old Earth Creationist believe they lived in the pre-Adamic age.

This view uses the verse "And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep." to support the idea that the earth had already been in existence long before the Six Day Creation narrative. 

• Like 1

Could you imagine what it would be like to have only one genetic great grandfather and one genetic great grandmother.  Your grandparents were all brother and sister.  Your parents were first cousins.  And you would bleed to death at the slightest injury.  The stupid is epic.

MM, if you add godly magic to the problem, then the problem is erased! Simple...

Good point.  God must love incest because God chose to make it part of his plan twice.  Adam's kids had to bang their siblings and Noah's grandkids had to bang their siblings or first cousins.  Isn't God's plan wonderful?

• Like 1

You accept that the geological evidence proves the flood narrative false. I don't.  

I'm not set on a view on the dinosaurs. Some Old Earth Creationist believe they lived in the pre-Adamic age.

This view uses the verse "And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep." to support the idea that the earth had already been in existence long before the Six Day Creation narrative. 

You've changed the subject. Were the dinosaurs on the ark? The continent of Pangea is millions of years ago. The OT is not about events millions of years ago. How do you explain this?

Yeah, here's more fiction to support the original fiction.  But, 'I believe it'.

Funny stuff.

• Like 1

Eddie Izzard tells us what happened to the dinosaurs. He must be a prophet of the Lard! Glory!

• Like 1

You've changed the subject. Were the dinosaurs on the ark? The continent of Pangea is millions of years ago. The OT is not about events millions of years ago. How do you explain this?

I was not changing the subject. I was explaining my view on when they did exist.

No, I do not think dinosaurs were on the ark.

Again concerning the first verse of Genesis and chapter one, I don't know the exact time period.

• Like 1

I was not changing the subject. I was explaining my view on when they did exist.

Again concerning the first verse of Genesis and chapter one, I don't know the exact time period.

But by saying there was one supercontinent, Pangea, you place the events at millions of years ago. So you do give it a time frame. 

• Like 2

But by saying there was one supercontinent, Pangea, you place the events at millions of years ago. So you do give it a time frame. 

Like I said, I don't know the exact time period (frame).

• Like 1

creation-museum.jpg

You don't know anything about it.  You do not have any knowledge about this topic.

The only logical conclusion you can come to is that the Noah's ark story makes no sense. How did the kangaroos and penguins get back to their respective continents, or TO the ark? The continents were already separated. The Bible is not literally true. You just established that.

IH:

300 million years ago the earth was one continent. 300 million years ago. That's when the kangaroos could have hopped to the middle east. Nevermind that the penguins would have died from heatstroke.

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pangaea

The only logical conclusion you can come to is that the Noah's ark story makes no sense. How did the kangaroos and penguins get back to their respective continents, or TO the ark? The continents were already separated. The Bible is not literally true. You just established that.

No, I'm not saying the Biblical account of creation is false. I'm only saying there is a lot of stuff in between the verses I don't know.