Goodbye Jesus

Thank You Ironhorse

LongWayAround

This is in contrast to some other Christians who venture into the Den with some rather quirky personal views and convoluted arguments that would keep them off of Christian forums. But we love 'em! And YOU, end!

You subtlety is like colorless glass and beautiful as well!

Blessings

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

End3 wrote...

"That's a cop out BAA.  Certainly there is a high road.  Justifying this sub-forum as something outside of morality is, like I said, a cop out."

I didn't say that this sub-forum was outside of morality, End.

If you go back and read what I've written you'll see that I never said that.

What I did say was that your ideas about morality don't apply in here.  Our rules apply here, not yours.  If you want to take the high road, don't look for it in here.  Go to church or a bible study for that. 

End3 wrote...

"That's a cop out BAA.  Certainly there is a high road.  Justifying this sub-forum as something outside of morality is, like I said, a cop out."

What I did say was that your ideas about morality don't apply in here.  Our rules apply here, not yours.  If you want to take the high road, don't look for it in here.  Go to church or a bible study for that.

How do they differ? What is the purpose of this site?

End3 wrote...

We no longer necessarily base our morality on traditional Christian views of morality or common conclusions gleaned from the bible.  From the main blog: "This blog exists for the express purpose of encouraging those who have decided to leave religion (Christianity) behind."  

• Like 2

End3 wrote...

We no longer necessarily base our morality on traditional Christian views of morality or common conclusions gleaned from the bible.  From the main blog: "This blog exists for the express purpose of encouraging those who have decided to leave religion (Christianity) behind."

Encouraging is not like friends and unity...per my comment a few posts back?

Q.  How do they differ?

A.  See below.

Q.  What is the purpose of this site?

A.  Quoted from the Main Blog... "The ExChristian.Net blog exists for the express purpose of encouraging those who have decided to leave Christianity behind."  This forum, being an extension of that blog, shares in that express purpose.  The Lion's Den, being part of that extension, shares in that express purpose too.

Taking the high road plays no part in the express purpose of the blog, the forum or this sub-forum.

Fyi, End...

Ironhorse has currently encouraged LongWayRound in his departure from Christianity.

That's what this thread is about.  Please read Florduh's post ( # 2 ) to confirm this.

7 years of membership and almost 6,500 posts and still no clear understanding of how this site works and what it's purpose is...?

Your call, End.

Inanely stupid, perhaps...?

• Like 2

yall getting off topic. lol

Longway i glad you found solice in your decision i do know people are not perfect and im sure you had more than one bad encounter with christians that cemented your conversion. Im sorry you went thru what you did, but i just wanted to say that there are christians out there that are the opposite of what you have seen so far. Nontheless its good you have a support system here.

When i was Atheist I could find support online but not in a real personal way like i wanted someone to meet up with face to face and call talk on the phone, but with stranges people wasnt as open to that idea because they didnt know me, People wasnt willing to do that, I felt i didnt have much support in real life enviorment when before christianty. With christianity Strangers would let me call them without fear of any hidden motives.

But im sure people here would let you call them if needed or meet face to face, but you may not need that, online interaction could suffice for you, that was something i personally needed and you may be stronger and just need encouragement online. Good luck in all you do

7 years of membership and almost 6,500 posts and still no clear understanding of how this site works and what it's purpose is...?

Your call, End.

If each of you are so shallow as to only encourage "those leaving Christianity", then each of you have a long way to go. I'm not going to argue semantics.

Your call, End.

If each of you are so shallow as to only encourage "those leaving Christianity", then each of you have a long way to go. I'm not going to argue semantics.

That's not the case at all, though it is the priority of this forum.  People leaving Christianity come here because they need support and encouragement.  Perhaps if you tried atheism for lent or something you might be able to begin to relate to our post-Christian perspectives a little bit.

Your call, End.

There is nothing shallow about wanting to help people leave that oppressive, evil religion.

• Like 3

Your call, End.

We have no 'way to go' at all.    You only think we do or think we should.

But that's because you're still imposing your views on us and on this site, where they don't apply.  

Perhaps you just don't understand that this site doesn't operate according to your views and your rules?  Or perhaps you just can't accept that it doesn't and you wished that it did?  

There's no subtleties of semantics involved here.

This site has a purpose and we're abiding by it.  If that makes us shallow in your book... well, boo hoo.  

Inanely stupid conversation....

I've seen you take part in far more asinine conversations here, End.  You don't like this thread because it highlights how the christians on this site are not doing what you all think you are doing here.  In fact the christian presence here does exactly the opposite of what you guys hope for.  

I support This site Finacially, i love being here i learn alot from people here about who i am and the other viewpoint, i disagree with views but i see people need help and there are people here that help them....

Now shoot me in the head for saying this, Hows this for originality?..... i think God actually uses this site to let those who discontinued their faith, that in a way, he is still there for them. This site has purpose to help those deconverting from the faith but I Think God put it on the hearts of the creators to set this up to show that nobody is ever not alone

Personally, I would prefer to see the sheep and the lions sit down together for enlightening religious discussions together - more like a petting zoo instead of a piranha tank.

Some of these issues are complicated but the discussions don't reflect that. Part of the problem is that there are so few sheep and they seem to be jaded. It would be nice to bring in sheep with a variety of ideas and approaches, and give them a fair chance to make their case.

Personally, I would prefer to see the sheep and the lions sit down together for enlightening religious discussions together - more like a petting zoo instead of a piranha tank.

Some of these issues are complicated but the discussions don't reflect that. Part of the problem is that there are so few sheep and they seem to be jaded. It would be nice to bring in sheep with a variety of ideas and approaches, and give them a fair chance to make their case.

Those discussions belong in the Colosseum.

well Said directionless. I would love to eat and dine with a lion :)

well Said directionless. I would love to eat and dine with a lion smile.png

I would love to dine on a true believer.  :)

• Like 1

Jesus said we are the salt of the earth so yea we would have a lot of flavor

Inanely stupid conversation....

I've seen you take part in far more asinine conversations here, End.  You don't like this thread because it highlights how the christians on this site are not doing what you all think you are doing here.  In fact the christian presence here does exactly the opposite of what you guys hope for.

Directionless is right IMO. The mature and RATIONAL response to these type conversations would be one of Grace simple because we have no standard to follow. You practicing selective Grace is an immature response because LOGICALLY Grace follows.

But hey, if your into death, your headed in the right direction. I don't expect you to get it Marty.

yall getting off topic. lol

Longway i glad you found solice in your decision i do know people are not perfect and im sure you had more than one bad encounter with christians that cemented your conversion. Im sorry you went thru what you did, but i just wanted to say that there are christians out there that are the opposite of what you have seen so far. Nontheless its good you have a support system here.

When i was Atheist I could find support online but not in a real personal way like i wanted someone to meet up with face to face and call talk on the phone, but with stranges people wasnt as open to that idea because they didnt know me, People wasnt willing to do that, I felt i didnt have much support in real life enviorment when before christianty. With christianity Strangers would let me call them without fear of any hidden motives.

But im sure people here would let you call them if needed or meet face to face, but you may not need that, online interaction could suffice for you, that was something i personally needed and you may be stronger and just need encouragement online. Good luck in all you do

I can't speak for Longway, but I can assure you that my rejecting christianity had nothing at all to do with how I was treated by christians. The christians I know in real life* are, in general, nice people. I deconverted because my research led me to conclude that the bible and the religion are entirely man-made, and because I haven't seen any evidence to lead me to believe in a god.

* (The only christian who ever treated me in a bad way on the Internet is End, but that was decades after I became an atheist, so his nastiness didn't affect me, and he's easy to ignore.)

* (The only christian who ever treated me in a bad way on the Internet is End, but that was decades after I became an atheist, so his nastiness didn't affect me, and he's easy to ignore.)

T, I have witnessed you being nasty to NUMEROUS individuals on this site....but it's justified I'm sure.

Jesus said we are the salt of the earth so yea we would have a lot of flavor

Unfortunately, too much salt is bad for health -- tends to raise the blood pressure Wendytwitch.gif

• Like 1