Goodbye Jesus

Thank You Ironhorse

LongWayAround

• Super Moderator

its ok for an atheist to say i dont know and its not okay for christian to say it? This is basically what your saying. IF a Christian says i dont know they are dishonest if a Atheists says i Dont know they are fine.  saying i dont know means you do not have the answer at the time this has absolutly nothing to do with dishonesty

Here's the problem with your line of reasoning A1.  Science (which you falsely equate with atheism) does not purport to have The Truth.  Science is merely a tool for discovery.  When science says "I don't know", it simply means there are more things to be discovered.  Moreover, it is not in the purview of science to find The Truth or to make any claims concerning The Truth.  Science simply discovers, explains, supports, and demonstrates.

• Like 2

That is why im saying science is a tool when science doesnt know, its not being dishonest it simply means there are more things to be discovered as you say or it is in the process of finding out, or it will literally say UNKNOWABLE.

Roz

I can say God loves but if he kills and i say i dont know, That simply means i do not have an answer that does not mean i am lying or being dishonest It just mean i personally do not have the answer. I dont see how this is so hard lol in fact i did actually give an answer in that thread awhile back i just said i will not give you an answer you are satisfied with

That is why im saying science is a tool when science doesnt know, its not being dishonest it simply means there are more things to be discovered as you say or it is in the process of finding out, or it will literally say UNKNOWABLE.

Roz

I can say God loves but if he kills and i say i dont know, That simply means i do not have an answer that does not mean i am lying or being dishonest It just mean i personally do not have the answer. I dont see how this is so hard lol in fact i did actually give an answer in that thread awhile back i just said i will not give you an answer you are satisfied with

OK. You're not offering any reason why anyone should imitate your faith choices, though.

Exactly, you will preach about your god loving humanity while brushing off to one side the slavery, the rape, the genocide, the torture and death of infants, etc.  

You are exactly like that muslim who will brush off Mohammed's 9 year old child bride and how allah directly said to kill any infidels who choose not to bow down to him.  

Put yourself in a non-believer's shoes.

A christian comes up to you and says "my god is a god of love!"  but you come back at him with "Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass." (BTW, that's preceded with thus says the lord) and he says "I don't know about that."  Would you believe that his god is a god of love?

You are that christian.  Genocide is a serious crime, 1A.  You turn a blind eye to your god's genocides and just keep proclaiming that "my god loves all!"  That is the same dishonesty that IH displays.

Roz

OK. You're not offering any reason why anyone should imitate your faith choices, though.

In much the same way, End3 hasn't offered a reason why this site should aspire to be run along grace-filled lines.

DL, this is an ex-christian forum, and the christians come here to try and share their testimonies.  Personal testimonies mean nothing to me.

If a former concentration camp officer came to me to extol about the good values of Nazism and how it made him a better, more organized man... I don't give a rat's ass if Nazism made him a nice man, I would care far more about what he did while he was manning the camp.

Yes, this is comparing the killing of women and children with what the Nazis did.  Because it reaches the same level of atrocious behavior that the Nazis pulled.

The thing is when I put on my Christian hat and hear that verse so and so says God did something awful, I can simply yawn and say I don't believe that verse. I can say that verse was either myth (Noah's flood), propaganda (Joshua's conquests), ravings of a deluded nut job (Paul's epistles), or whatever.

Whenever I have faith in Christianity it is based on indoctrinations plus memories of answers to prayers, synchronicities, visions. Granted, all these things can be explained-away to some degree, but they bug me.

But I agree with your point in general that Christians can't honestly claim to believe the Bible and also claim that God is deserving of worship.

you are fine to say i dont know and be the crown of honesty. and i am not allowed to say i dont know i need to know everything? really? I cant say i dont know? is that really what you are saying? without being dishonest?

i am...severely confused How i dont know gets translated into dishonesty. Everybody in the world from now on...IF you say i dont know it means you are dishonest. Tahts the new motto. Roz i knew you were an inventor lol.  I am baffled by how those to conenct but somehow you made that connection.

Because you by virtue of being a christian says "my god loves you."  And yet when faced with genocide, mass rape, and lifetime slavery, you say "I don't know why my god did that."  Yet you also claim that your god is omniscient (knows all) and that "you can do all things through christ which strengthens you."  You claim that "for (your) god so loved the world..." 

Science makes no claims at all.  Any theory can be disputed, and if it is disputed, then it is now wrong.  The scientific method is just that, a method for investigating claims made in the natural world.

You are a dishonest man when you attempted to compare your religion with all its presuppositions with science.  

You're approaching IH levels of dishonesty because you can't square up your image of "god of love" with "kill infants."  You hold onto the christian claim "my god loves you and cares for you!" but you don't dare investigate the most horrific crimes committed by said god.

• Like 1

lol none of this is making sense.  So which one is dishonest

God loves us...but he kills people... i dont have an answer but i will continue to find out once i know i will let you know

God loves us ...be he kills......Yes he did it...SO what?

Both?

You're approaching IH levels of dishonesty because you can't square up your image of "god of love" with "kill infants."  You hold onto the christian claim "my god loves you and cares for you!" but you don't dare investigate the most horrific crimes committed by said god.

I suspect your definition of "dishonesty" is different than everyone else's definition of "dishonesty".

Perhaps you should start from a beginning, such as defining "dishonesty".

You claim that your god loves the whole world, yet he's ordered believers like you to kill children.  You actively disregard his commands to kill children, but yet you proclaim to everyone that "god loves the world!"

You're now on par with IH levels of dishonesty.  

i seriously dont understand how dishonesty is the same as i dont know. lol Roz man whatever you are on i want some. seriously man hand it over

You accept this at face value about your god:

1.  Love: 

a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.
a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for parent, child, or friend.

And yet you disregard his commands and actions regarding this:

2.  Genocide:

the deliberate and systematic extermination of a national, racial,political, or cultural group.

Tell me something.  How does one love the people he's wiping out?  The infants he's killing, how does he love them?

science doesnt make claims at all...now i never heard that one lol. Anybody want to second that notion Science doesnt make claims at...all??? like none?? nada? zip? zero? please tell me that is not what you are saying

Science makes no claims about itself like "all knowing, all powerful, all loving" like you attributed to your god because you're a christian.  

Roz you are using equvicoation overload, like an atomic bomb full of equivocation.   God loves people and then choose a random act of killing and say...See thats contradictory.. That is blowing out of porportion the entire story is not taken into account. You are taking it into a binary form..Whats on the surface... I love but i kill, therefore i dont love...this is caveman logic...You are saying this.... 

Hi my name is Roz i love people

But i killed this Theif that tried to hurt my family

Therefore I am not loving..

You have stated that your god loves all people.  

Then when pressed "why did your god order genocides, and specifically killing infants?"

You answer "I've no idea, but my god loves people."

Inanely stupid conversation....

** useless personal bullshit **

Ha-ha! Sorry! Couldn't resist!

Carry on!

lol that was not my response find my thread and post it. It was mroe detailed THEN a "i dont know" i actually had an explanation.

Which is dishonest...saying i dont know when you dont have an answer but still searching

or

MAKING UP an answer and pretending like you DO KNOW.

Are they both Dishonest? because the first one Atheists say all the time

How do you love the infants you're about to murder?  

For god so loved the world... slay everything, the men, the women, the children, the infants...

we are getting nowhere.

I challenge you openly to a formal debate Roz do you accept or declined?

Summary of this thread:

1AcceptingAThiest1 has missed his calling as a stand up comedian.

Christians continue to demonstrate their religion to be one big mess of BS here.

When religion says we don't know and science says we don't know IT DEFINITELY MUST BE THE SAME...or maybe not...? But 1AcceptingAThiest1 does not want to see the point of how science looks for answers and how religion looks for answers. Like if science has no answers it means there is more to investigate, when 1AcceptingAThiest1 says has no answer it means he has no answer but God is loving, period.

People should be nice with each other even at a place called the Lions Den. Take the higher road whatever that means...

Someone avoiding to interact in the discussions is avoiding to have relationship because we all have a relationship here and are responsible for each other or something like that...

Oh, and God has set up this site.

Have I missed something?

Maybe I add: Thank you all for the good laugh.

• Like 2

we are getting nowhere.

I challenge you openly to a formal debate Roz do you accept or declined?

As soon as you can answer "how do you love the infants you're about to murder?" sure why not.

And yes, that's directed to you and your god.  Start praying so that he'll give you that information.