Goodbye Jesus

Thank You Ironhorse

LongWayAround

yea you forgot to add that me and Roz are playing on the merry go round Moanerina you want to join us going in circles because im really starting to get dizzy let us take turns like civilzed individuals, no i do not say i dont know God is answer, i say i dont know and still searchign jsut like Atheists do but apparently im not allowed to do that. So M.. you want to join the merry go round and go in logical circles with us?

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

1A, "26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible."

So your god says everything is possible with him. 

1.  Pray to your god to give you the answer why he ordered the slaughter of children.

2.  Present your answer here.

If everything is possible with your god, and you haven't presented your answer in this thread, then: 

a.  You haven't made the effort to contact him

b.  He hasn't given it to you

i have given you the best answer i could, in fact you already know the answer to avoid future killings of other people by the babies growing up to do the same atrocities that civilization was commiting. IN fact this is exactly what happened in the story some was left to live...and they slaughtered people when  they grew up as adults. The babies go to heaven and two why do you defend criminals? If God kills Bad guys you say God is bad?...say what now? Why do you defend criminals you want them to keep killing? are you loving because you rather God let people keep killing?

That's not what I asked for.  Pray to your god, then give the answer he told you to give.  

i was responding to your previous asserion about God killing relating it to not loving. Your other response about praying will not work. God is not a magical lamp that make all my wishes come true.  We pray and he will give us what we ask but it need to eb GENUONE and nto FOR competition or performace You are putting prayer in a scientific examination and that will prove wrong everytime because the purpose of prayer isnt always to ASK for something. And when you do as if you do so with malicious intent it will not be answered you dont Pray in a way for ego boosting and proving people wrong, 

James 4:3 You ask, and don't receive, because you ask with wrong motives, so that you may spend it for your pleasures.

AA it is you who decides to play, you can always quit, its a free world. And no, merry go round is the game or your choice.

"James 4:3 You ask, and don't receive, because you ask with wrong motives, so that you may spend it for your pleasures."

Yes, the number one verse when your prayers are not answered. You obviously do not pray right and must have wrong motives...its a good one because it explains EVERYTHING about prayer...especially when you don't know...

I'm missing the connection between "Thanks Ironhorse for reminding me why I left christianity" and "It's all about grace".  Could you clarify for me, End3?

There was a quote I heard the other day about people that "know" vs. those that know they don't know. When we realize we don't know, we are likely to tread lighter and more grace-filled. The OP "knows" what he knows at this time, and declares that, when ultimately, if we were fully engaged with our limited selves, we might just tend towards humble and quiet....godliness.

Just saying that we would be more geared towards relationship building through acknowledging our own limitations.

Christian subscribe to the Bible as being the standard for living life. With that, we know that it is only by faith. The problem comes from knowing it's the standard.

I have yet to meet a humble christian in here.  Just sayin'.

Not once have I seen one state that they were wrong on anything… yet I have seen it from the members here, many times.

hmmm….

• Like 1

Raven i said i was wrong many tiems even said i dont knwo isntead of making things up but neither was accepted : (

i cant even say i dont know...im sad... I have to know everything

I have yet to meet a humble christian in here.  Just sayin'.

Not once have I seen one state that they were wrong on anything… yet I have seen it from the members here, many times.

hmmm….

I'm an OT Christian...

i cant make a mistake, i have to be eprfect, i cant say i dont know, i have to know all things, I cant say sorry people will say im a fake i cant say i want to help people will say its feigned pity i cant do anything right. Nothing. and even when i do that i am a coward and when i try to respond genuinly i am a retard.

As a christian, you have a connection to your god whom you claim knows everything.

If you do not know something, it's because you either haven't asked for it or your god chose not to reveal it to you.

If your god does not reveal to you his answer (not yours, his) for him ordering the deaths of infants, and you STILL choose to say "my god is all loving to all people," then why should I trust you or your god?  Either you or him are witholding the information for non-believers to make an informed decision.

A1 Sauce, you can say "I don't know" as much as you want. What we won't agree with is "I don't know, therefore God did it".

• Like 3

i respect your use of logic and induction skill,  buts its just not how prayer works. other wise obam could pray for God to reveal every criminal and terrorist hideout. Then terrorist would pray Obama dont find them by hiding in a black hole in space. People could Pray that every disease is ehaled and we become immortal be able to walk around with their heads cutt off. a christian could pray all atheist be forced beyond their will to be come christian and not realzie it happen. Dont you see...IF god Granted every prayer to someones desires anything could happen and it wont always be good.

is this how you want prayer to be?

I don't know about you 1A, but I consider rape, infanticide, and slavery to be grave crimes.  Your god ordered them and allowed it to be written down in his holy book.

I think it's fair for skeptics to ask such a question of "why did you order infanticide" before committing their entire lives to that god and giving 10% of their lifetime income to his clergy.

This is the question 1A.  Ask your god, it doesn't take much for a christian to clasp his hands together and talk to their god.

That is exactly how prayer works, your god would hear you if you were to pray to him and ask him "please give these ex'cs the sign lawd!"

Then I could be informed that yes, he in fact is real.  That actually gives me a clearer choice on whether or not to serve him and become a christian again.

sound enticing, trust me if it was that simple i would have done it for all my family and friends long ago. it just doesnt work that way thats all there is to it

So it hasn't happened, but you claim that your god is real, omnipotent, and omniscient. 

And when you say "if it was that simple i would have done it for all my family and friends long ago." does that mean you haven't prayed that prayer yet?

So it's not god not giving you the information, it's that you haven't asked?

No i pray everyday for my family and friends even people on this site, and im not saying it wont happe nthey wont convert im saying it wont happen instantly. But i have had a few people here mesage me privatly asking me questions

So it's your god not giving you the knowledge then?

What does that say about your god?  Playing meta-physical peek-a-boo is a children's game.

Why should I believe a word that you say about your god when you cannot back it up?  

because you are forgeting motive is a huge part. Why dont a christian who had small a bad experience with an atheist act out his anger and pray God Make all Atheist run butt naked in the streets?

You want all prayers to come true just because someone asks regardless of intent? should God honor it anyway?

i respect your use of logic and induction skill,  buts its just not how prayer works. other wise obam could pray for God to reveal every criminal and terrorist hideout. Then terrorist would pray Obama dont find them by hiding in a black hole in space. People could Pray that every disease is ehaled and we become immortal be able to walk around with their heads cutt off. a christian could pray all atheist be forced beyond their will to be come christian and not realzie it happen. Dont you see...IF god Granted every prayer to someones desires anything could happen and it wont always be good.

is this how you want prayer to be?

We all know prayer doesnt work that way. So , why does scripture say "Whatever you pray for in his name, it will be given to you..." To be a Christian you have to disregard Mark 11:24 because you know that it just isn't true to reality. Reality conflicts with your holy word of Jesus. So if a Christian is honest with himself and knows that he can ignore Mark 11:24 he can also ignore everything else in the bible. And this leads to deconversion.

Once you are aware of what the bible says and realize that the bible and reality are in conflict then you know that your belief system is flawed and if you continue to praise Jesus it's sort of dishonest. Now, self-dishonesty isn't illegal and we all lie to ourselves about different things (like how handsome my beer gut is) but I think that is the sticking point for some Ex-Christians. Self-dishonesty made them barf and they got tired of that gross feeling.  Other people may be able to handle cognitive dissonance with no problem. Cognitive dissonance is only a problem if you think about it. :-)

No i pray everyday for my family and friends even people on this site, and im not saying it wont happe nthey wont convert im saying it wont happen instantly. But i have had a few people here mesage me privatly asking me questions

Why don't we just let people believe how they want to believe (or decide to not believe anything)? What I believe is my business, not yours.

Btw, my spiritual defense system has deflected your prayers.

midniterider that verse is talkign about people who are rpaying with right motives, If i pray that God makes you deny your own existence and go crazy and get put in a mental asylum should God Honor it?

IF i pray all guys who are bigger than my anatomy get their balls shrunk so that i can be the breadwinner should God honor it?

If i pray all Atheists girlfriends look like they did a 40yard dash in a 30yard room and an christians partners looks perfect with absolute perfect body symmetry? Should Go honor it?

midniterider that verse is talkign about people who are rpaying with right motives, If i pray that God makes you deny your own existence and go crazy and get put in a mental asylum should God Honor it?

IF i pray all guys who are bigger than my anatomy get their balls shrunk so that i can be the breadwinner should God honor it?

If i pray all Atheists girlfriends look like they did a 40yard dash in a 30yard room and an christians partners looks perfect with absolute perfect body symmetry? Should Go honor it?

The problem is that God doesn't honor any of it. Prayer doesn't work.