Goodbye Jesus

Xtians: Reasons For Belief?

Orbit

The sheer irony of it all is that End3 would never accept anything he offers up in defense of his god were it to come from another religion's apologist (IE: Islam)

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

The sheer irony of it all is that End3 would never accept anything he offers up in defense of his god were it to come from another religion's apologist (IE: Islam)

Wrong dipshit...

This is what happens in the mind of a christian when he's got no defense of his beliefs whatsoever. 

Mental breakdowns in an internet forum.

wow

This is what happens in the mind of a christian when he's got no defense of his beliefs whatsoever. 

That my friend, is your opinion and not a fact.

end3 is doing alright in my opinion. 

End is being completely unnecessarily aggressive.

• Like 2

In answering I was trying to imagine I had been born and lived on an island or somewhere

that did not have any knowledge any religion. I was imagine how I would make sense out of these things I see.

Instead why not answer like an educated person?  We live in the 21st century.  Biology is not a mystery.

Why does he have to answer to satisfy you MM?

He doesn't have to which is a very good thing because chances are he lacks the ability.

He's expressing himself. I can understand the anger. I have it also.

It's this puzzling thing here that no one here, or not many, accept our answers.

We keep getting hammered with PROVE IT! PROVE IT!

How many times do Christians have to say, WE CAN'T! Its our faith.

Can we not accept that? There's a ton of people now and all though history who have thrown this

bubblegum back and forth. There's no middle ground.

It's this puzzling thing here that no one here, or not many, accept our answers.

Can we not accept that? There's a ton of people now and all though history who have thrown this

Ah but the kicker is that we tell you that we are done with faith.

Then you preach your faith at us some more.

We will accept your religion on the day that you can prove it.   So go ahead and PROVE IT!

. . . or accept that we are not interested in your make believe.

• Like 1

S, who in the fuck made you the post police. 

He was appointed by the Holy Spirit.  Now submit yourself to the authorities that were placed over you by God.

If you will only go in front of your mirror and recite your 'proofs' and 'statements of belief' with another religion instead of your own mix-and-match beliefs, maybe you'll understand how it sounds to ex-c's when you do exactly what Jimmy Swaggart did.

IH, will you state 3-5 religions you've studied and explain why they weren't credible?

As long as there are Christians that claim that their faith is truth, then they will continued to be hammered with "PROVE IT! PROVE IT!" It's quite simple, really. If you can't prove something to those that don't believe what you believe, then don't claim your faith as truth.

Oh IH, there is nothing you can teach us about "the gospel" that we don't already know.  It is abundantly clear to me that we are more educated about xianity than you are.  You're not helping xianity, you're harming it.  But keep going, it makes no difference to me, nor I suspect to anyone else here.

And end, your behaviour is an example of what's wrong with xianity.  It doesn't make people more moral, it makes them less moral.

• Like 2

Oh IH, there is nothing you can teach us about "the gospel" that we don't already know.  It is abundantly clear to me that we are more educated about xianity than you are.  You're not helping xianity, you're harming it.  But keep going, it makes no difference to me, nor I suspect to anyone else here.

And end, your behaviour is an example of what's wrong with xianity.  It doesn't make people more moral, it makes them less moral.

There's a lot about the good news of Jesus I don't know.

The mystery of it all is what is so exciting. I'm not hammering here, I'm dancing yellow.gif

end3 is an example of a believer trying to point out deafness.

The mystery of it all is what is so exciting. I'm not hammering here, I'm dancing yellow.gif

So, verbally abusing people and swearing at them is the new method of prosyletising?  You might wanna review that approach, it's unlikely to be effective.

• Like 1

The folly of christianity.  The christian will presuppose that his god is the real god and that he's nothing but good.  So he'll process anything he's learned through that.  No matter the contradiction, no matter the atrocity, no matter the scientific improbability, it all is good and true because of that leap of faith.

Then the gall is that he will call out anyone else who doesn't believe as he does as 'not being / practicing true christianity.'

• Like 1

Would you overlook the f-bombs if they came from a heathen?

So, verbally abusing people and swearing at them is the new method of prosyletising?  You might wanna review that approach, it's unlikely to be effective.

You know that goes both ways here, like it does in the world.

Would you say verbally abusing Christians and swearing at them is a good method to discuss opposing views?

I know it's a good tactic used here often to drive Christians away.

end3 was taking a stand. 

He wasn't asking anyone to agree with him, He was just giving a shout out about waking up and to actually read what members

are saying. Not just keep firing back the same accusations all the time.

Can i say it again?

No, I can't prove anything about Jesus in a scientific way. So, what? If I'm a fool, then I'm a fool.

Can't we get beyond this PROVE IT thing?

IH:

"No, I can't prove anything about Jesus in a scientific way. So, what? If I'm a fool, then I'm a fool.

Can't we get beyond this PROVE IT thing?"

You're in an ex-christian website spewing "christianity is real, christian god is love" and expect people to NOT ask you for proof?

• Like 1

No, we can't get beyond proof, ever. Therefore you're wasting your time here "witnessing" to us.

Would you say verbally abusing Christians and swearing at them is a good method to discuss opposing views?

The difference is that we do not work for or represent the Light Of The World and creator of the whole universe.  You and End do.  So when you overlook his f-bombs and he drops the f-bombs it doesn't just reflect on you.

Now for the record I have treated you in a medium manner.  I'm not particularly polite to you but I am not trying to be rude to you either.  This is very much intentional because I consider you to be one of the better Christians we get in here.  You are a tiny bit annoying but you haven't been that abusive.  Now other Christians who are abusive . . . what End said would look like a greeting card compared to the way I treat them.

For the most part I have noticed the other ex-Christians are also acting in a neutral way toward you.  I don't see them cussing you out the way they would OC or FGR.

end3 was taking a stand.

It's cute how you see him as an ally so you overlook and rationalize his outburst.  I bet you don't even see your own hypocrisy.

He wasn't asking anyone to agree with him, He was just giving a shout out about waking up and to actually read what members

I actually do read what you write.  My criticisms of your ideas are not simply noise.  They address the the very core of why you are wrong.

No, we can't get beyond proof, ever. Therefore you're wasting your time here "witnessing" to us.

No, I don't think I'm wasting my time.

I posted a few time here in other forums where Christians can post. I quit doing that months ago.

I'm here in the Lion's Den. I expect aggressive resistance from some.

I choose to be here. No one forces me here.

end3 was taking a stand. 

Can i say it again?

No, I can't prove anything about Jesus in a scientific way. So, what? If I'm a fool, then I'm a fool.

Can't we get beyond this PROVE IT thing?

I have never verbally abused you or end.

You might wanna re-read these sometime:

"Lion's Den Rules Attention "True Christians™" and former Christians. 

This is the section of the board where Christian opinions, arguments, sermons and so on will be more-or-less tolerated. Aggressive evangelism is permitted in this section, but aggressive evangelists should be ready to be met by equally aggressive resistance. 

An occasionally heated response is allowed and sometimes even encouraged. However, all posters to the Lion's Den are still expected to adhere the general rules of decorum as delineated in the Forum Guidelines. In other words, conversations in the Lion's Den are intended to be permissively unrestrained without devolving into repetitious verbal abuse. Those who are identified as repeatedly abusive -- in this section or any section of this website -- may be suspended or banned from posting without notice. 

Note: In view of the fiery nature of the discussions which occur in the Lion's Den, only those with a fairly thick skin should participate. "