Goodbye Jesus

Xtians: Reasons For Belief?

Orbit

You say your Xtiaity is based upon faith, But what was it that caused you to choose  faith in Xtinity? bill

Per our previous conversations, I'm not sure you know when you are practicing science.

You get confused a lot.

No, when we broke it down into tiny steps at BAA's pace, it was rather evident the result.

Yes, you couldn't stick it and bailed out.

Want me to cite where this happened?

Per our previous conversations, I'm not sure you know when you are practicing science.

You get confused a lot.

No, when we broke it down into tiny steps at BAA's pace, it was rather evident the result.

And since your powers of recall are so poor End, let me remind of this.

I broke it down into tiny steps so we could go at your pace.

Want me to cite where this happened too?

Can I see these, BAA? Thanks.

You get confused a lot.

Yes, you couldn't stick it and bailed out.

Want me to cite where this happened?

You get confused a lot.

And since your powers of recall are so poor End, let me remind of this.

I broke it down into tiny steps so we could go at your pace.

Want me to cite where this happened too?

Can I see these, BAA? Thanks.

Certainly, Fwethawt.

Here's the thread.

http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/63786-schizophrenia-and-genetics/#.VAbB1fldUuk

And here's where End and I get down to business.

http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/63786-schizophrenia-and-genetics/page-21#.VAbAqfldUuk

Thanks,

BAA

Certainly, Fwethawt.

Here's the thread.

http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/63786-schizophrenia-and-genetics/#.VAbB1fldUuk

http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/63786-schizophrenia-and-genetics/page-21#.VAbAqfldUuk

Thanks,

BAA

Sweet mother of Jesus! I read it all!

Why? Why did End3 stop contributing to that correspondence?

It was... It was actually GOING somewhere... :-(

And he didn't even apologize for wasting your time...

Certainly, Fwethawt.

Here's the thread.

Thanks,

BAA

Sweet mother of Jesus! I read it all!

Why? Why did End3 stop contributing to that correspondence?

It was... It was actually GOING somewhere... :-(

And he didn't even apologize for wasting your time...

I have my suspicions, Fweethawt.  (PM me if you'd like to hear them.)

But for a definitive answer you'd have to ask End himself.

Sorry 'bout that.

sad.png

I felt I had made my point....nothing more than that

You are trying to entertain us, aren't you?

He's playing IH, speaking words but meaning nothing.

• Like 1

I felt I had made my point....nothing more than that

You made no point. BAA put a lot of thought and actual mental work into that correspondence.

The only "point" you made was that of a typical "christian". You got a decent human being to communicate with you on an honest level, then you shit on him because you didn't like the truth that you were arriving to. Then you turn around and claim the higher ground by lying and stating that YOU made an actual point?

I agree with Roz. You really are a liar.

• Like 1

Oh bullshit. He admitted we can have a scientific study about the efficacy of prayer but we can't have one about sin? REALLY Fwee? When he admitted it, the discussion was over. OVER.

BOTH require God in there somewhere as part of the mechanism, yet I had to listen to PAGES of crap about how I didn't know science.....fucking UNTIL I was the one that asked about the studies regarding prayer. After that, OH FUCK, well, I guess we have to admit there has been "science" done on behalf of these questions. Good fucking god, I'm about to wash my hands of this whole entire pathetic website because many of you wont be honest.l

IFFFF the quoted prayer study said prayer works, GUESS FUCKING WHAT FWEE, I'll bet you 10000 bucks that these jackasses said "oh, that's not science". The duplicity is simply amazing around here.

I'm not lying stupid, I have no need to.

BAA's not a bad man. He was honest in his intentions. I interacted with him honestly. In my opinion, as stated above, I believe the conversation to be over.

MM is mad about he can't be honest with his family.

Roz is just an all around fuck.

And I think you're just a decent normal guy Fwee, but please don't call me a liar. Fuck, if I was going to lie, I would do it up big time. The conversation was really over for me.

Oh bullshit. He admitted we can have a scientific study about the efficacy of prayer but we can't have one about sin? REALLY Fwee? When he admitted it, the discussion was over. OVER.

BOTH require God in there somewhere as part of the mechanism, yet I had to listen to PAGES of crap about how I didn't know science.....fucking UNTIL I was the one that asked about the studies regarding prayer. After that, OH FUCK, well, I guess we have to admit there has been "science" done on behalf of these questions. Good fucking god, I'm about to wash my hands of this whole entire pathetic website because many of you wont be honest.l

IFFFF the quoted prayer study said prayer works, GUESS FUCKING WHAT FWEE, I'll bet you 10000 bucks that these jackasses said "oh, that's not science". The duplicity is simply amazing around here.

I'm not lying stupid, I have no need to.

Sure   GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

End you have a long history here.  You toss out these incomprehensible word salads and then you get mad when you can't make a point.  You've been doing it for years.  It takes a huge effort to figure out what you are trying to say and that rarely turns out to be anything reasonable.

As for your claim there is no god.  Anything that requires a god can't be done.

MM is mad about he can't be honest with his family.

No, I am mad at one Christian who keeps making a jackass of himself with all his presumptions about my family.  You wouldn't know anybody arrogant enough to do that, would you?

LOL it must be the mad kind of grace because everything is grace.

Anything that requires a god can't be done.

Yet we can have a scientific study regarding God?

Wait, BAA acknowledged the science. How can science be done on "can't be done"?

Just pick a side. I'll respect it....maybe. BAA was the only one that actually swallowed his pride and said the study was science. It took him a bit, but I damn sure respect him for being honest. We may have many differences, but I have a new relationship with him due our last conversation.

You say what you wish. Not going to change much.

Just fill in the blank so I know where everyone stands so we can quit arguing. Man up and vote.

Is a study of prayer efficacy science?

MM

BAA

Roz

Orbit

Directionless

Prof

Is a study of sin science?

MM

BAA

Roz

Orbit

Directionless

Prof

Not going to hurt my feelings.

VOTE, it's the American thing to do....

Just pick a side. I'll respect it....maybe. BAA was the only one that actually swallowed his pride and said the study was science. It took him a bit, but I damn sure respect him for being honest. We may have many differences, but I have a new relationship with him due our last conversation.

You are mischaracterizing the prayer study. It was not the case that anything about the act of praying could be measured--it can't. What the study measured was whether people had surgery complications or not. Yes, that is science. How exactly would you operationalize "sin"? Like prayer, it can't be done.

We can look for predictions made by the idea that there is a god and test for them.  Does not change the fact that anything that requires a god can't be done.  You are confused.

It could be done using the scientific method.

Not if sin is "that which offends a god or gods".  First we would have to find this god or gods.  However in a general sense sin is usually a list of acts that man made churches have outlawed.  If you are going to use sin as a man made list of actions then sure you could apply scientific methods to study those activities.

My answers are in blue.  See End, when you ask me questions I give an answer immediately and without any attempt to change the subject or evade.

You are mischaracterizing the prayer study. It was not the case that anything about the act of praying could be measured--it can't. What the study measured was whether people had surgery complications or not. Yes, that is science. How exactly would you operationalize "sin"? Like prayer, it can't be done.

No O, prayer was part of the study, part of the mechanism. specifically varying THAT part.

No O, prayer was part of the study, part of the mechanism. specifically varying THAT part.

Prayer was not what was measured. Prayer was the independent variable. There was a condition of prayer/no prayer. What was measured was what was observable--recovery rates and complications. Prayer is not observable, but we could observe the purported effect. A study on sin would require an observable measure in the same way--or it's not science.

It would be easy to set up a scientific study on prayer.  Have amputee patients randomly divided into three groups.  Have Christian volunteers pray to Jesus to heal the first group.  Have atheist volunteers pray to a milk jug to heal the second group.  Have the third group as a control with no prayer of any kind.  Then compare and see which group has their limbs grow back, if any.

• Like 1

It could be done using the scientific method.

Not if sin is "that which offends a god or gods".  First we would have to find this god or gods.  However in a general sense sin is usually a list of acts that man made churches have outlawed.  If you are going to use sin as a man made list of actions then sure you could apply scientific methods to study those activities.

My answers

My are in blue.  See End, when you ask me questions I give an answer immediately and without any attempt to change the subject or evade.

Then I think we agree because we are describing the same God. So why the pages of beating me up about I need to go understand science?