Goodbye Jesus

Xtians: Reasons For Belief?

Orbit

No reason for me to be that huh O. Everyone is so nice here.

Actually the vast majority of members were very supportive of you when you had a shitty year.  You needed that support and I bet you couldn't get it anywhere else so you dropped your aggressive routine.

Recently you have resumed your old ways and I take that as a sign that you are feeling better.

Fact is that we tend to respect people who are respectful.

Make your choice.  

We are polite to the polite and rude to the rude.

END3 is a stupid liar that needs to learn science (even though we agree with him).

Liar, Liar, Christian, Liar Liar ignorant, stupid liar Christian.

Lovely.

End, does the result of the prayer study mean anything to you? That scientifically, prayer doesn't work?

There could be numerous interpretations for the results of prayer study. If you would really like to discuss that we could. It would take a lot of energy. And I don't relish the onslaught of abuse.

The results of the study were pretty straightforward. And lately around here, you're the abuser.

I've never seen anyone throw tantrums like you do.

I think it's genetic O. Lot of buried shit in my past that still needs to surface....hopefully before I go postal. Hence my need to be saved.

So why the pages of beating me up about I need to go understand science?

You know full well that words do not beat you up.  Quit being a hypocrite.  You are known for your harsh tongue and your quick temper.  You get encouraged to study science because of your constant demonstrations of ignorance.

How am I the ignorant one here when at first everyone said you can't do science on God and now you agree we can? I'm lost on that one. I would think it would be the other way around.

You are delusional.  God is imaginary.

Yeah, but we can use the scientific method to inquire....bwahahahha

Which was the entire point.

Which returns the answer that there is no reason to believe in any god.  All religions are unfounded and in all likelihood false.  You checkmated the atheists again, you sly fox!

You just told me a few posts back you don't deflect. What is this? This is not what the our discussion was about. The results are not relevant to our discussion.

Somewhere in our discussion you deluded yourself into thinking I said we can do science on god.

Where did I say we can do science on god?  Every prediction we can think up returns an answer that is consistent with god is imaginary.  Your god deserves as much respect as belief that the boogieman hides under a child's bed at night.  Every way we can imagine to check returns the answer that the boogieman is imaginary.

Not relevant to the discussion at hand. Not relevant to the discussion at hand. Not relevant to the discussion at hand.

Yes it is.  See the part I put in orange?

You said to me:

"How am I the ignorant one here when at first everyone said you can't do science on God and now you agree we can? I'm lost on that one. I would think it would be the other way around."

When I didn't agree.  You used the loaded question fallacy.  Now you want to get away from your question as if you won't be held accountable for your words.

END3 is a stupid liar that needs to learn science (even though we agree with him).

Lovely.

Nice straw man. What do you do for an encore?

Lovely.

Where did we all agree with him?

If you had not flattered yourself about how well you argued your point when in fact you got clobbered then people wouldn't have called you a liar.

Actually the vast majority of members were very supportive of you when you had a shitty year.  You needed that support and I bet you couldn't get it anywhere else so you dropped your aggressive routine.

Recently you have resumed your old ways and I take that as a sign that you are feeling better.

Fact is that we tend to respect people who are respectful.

Make your choice.  

We are polite to the polite and rude to the rude.

My shitty "year" is not over....just sayin. Don't think I haven't attempted to understand what triggers me.

Lovely.

Nice straw man. What do you do for an encore?

I dance and sing a little. Tell jokes.

ok, that was good.

I think it's genetic O. Lot of buried shit in my past that still needs to surface....hopefully before I go postal. Hence my need to be saved.

Seriously End, you probably just need to leave Christianity and religion behind.  You have no idea how much that helped me.

• Like 2

Just fill in the blank so I know where everyone stands so we can quit arguing. Man up and vote.

Is a study of prayer efficacy science?

MM

BAA

Roz

Orbit

Directionless

Prof

Is a study of sin science?

MM

BAA

Roz

Orbit

Directionless

Prof

Not going to hurt my feelings.

VOTE, it's the American thing to do....

Is a study on prayer science?

Yes, if it is done using the scientific method.

Is a study on sin science?

Yes, if there is a coherent working definition of sin and some proposed effect is supposed to have, and the scientific method is used. Same qualifications apply to prayer or anything else and it's proposed effects one wishes to evaluate.

Lovely.

Where did we all agree with him?

If you had not flattered yourself about how well you argued your point when in fact you got clobbered then people wouldn't have called you a liar.

I personally think we were miscommunicating. Until BAA and I broke it down into little pieces, then it became clear. And I don't know how I can get clobbered when the opposition agrees with my point.

Seriously End, you probably just need to leave Christianity and religion behind.  You have no idea how much that helped me.

What you don't realize is I actually believe. I have times of doubt, but when it comes down to the nutcutting, I am a believer. I don't think it would help me to quit. Not sure I really COULD quit. Could probably say the words, but not believe what I was saying.

And I don't know how I can get clobbered when the opposition agrees with my point.

Because it doesn't.  You seem to think it is irrelevant that the opposition does not agree with your point while you claim that they do agree with you.  Wendyshrug.gif

THIS ^^^^

Just fill in the blank so I know where everyone stands so we can quit arguing. Man up and vote.

Is a study of prayer efficacy science?

MM

BAA

Roz

Orbit

Directionless

Prof

Is a study of sin science?

MM

BAA

Roz

Orbit

Directionless

Prof

Not going to hurt my feelings.

VOTE, it's the American thing to do....

Is a study on prayer science?

Yes, if it is done using the scientific method.

Is a study on sin science?

Yes, if there is a coherent working definition of sin and some proposed effect is supposed to have, and the scientific method is used. Same qualifications apply to prayer or anything else and it's proposed effects one wishes to evaluate.

Thanks, another man drops his shorts and confirms his gonads..

What you don't realize is I actually believe. I have times of doubt, but when it comes down to the nutcutting, I am a believer. I don't think it would help me to quit.

I did actually believe too for over 30 years.  It's not something you can quit.  To end belief is like dispelling a delusion.  You have to see through it.  You can't quit.  Instead you realize that you were duped.  When it happens it feels like the religion left you, rather than the other way around.

Anyhow, I do hope life gets better for you.  If not the same way it got better for me then I hope you find your own way.

And I don't know how I can get clobbered when the opposition agrees with my point.

Because it doesn't.  You seem to think it is irrelevant that the opposition does not agree with your point while you claim that they do agree with you.  Wendyshrug.gif

If you are talking about the results of the study, We were never discussing the results. I acknowledge the negative findings. Is that what you were saying?

If you are talking about the results of the study, We were never discussing the results. I acknowledge the negative findings. Is that what you were saying?

Please state the point you made which we all agree with.

I think his point is that some aspects of religion are amenable to the scientific method, but when he says it, it's "doing science on God" which is nonsensical.

That we could use the scientific method to test for God being part of a natural mechanism.

I think his point is that some aspects of religion are amenable to the scientific method, but when he says it, it's "doing science on God" which is nonsensical.

Yes, that was just an expression.

That we could use the scientific method to test for God being part of a natural mechanism.

Then you have missed the point of all the conversations. Science has nothing to say about God. Prayer is an indirect measure, the closest we can come. OK Edit: I see your response that it is a figure of speech--but one that greatly confuses the issue.

If you're so confident in your stance Fwee, make your point if you can. I'm here.

Several others, including myself, arrived at the same conclusion based upon the evidence given within your correspondence.

That IS my point.

That I made.

Cuz I can.

Even by your own line of reasoning, I must be correct.

Since so many people think your god is real, then it simply MUST be, right?

Well -- on the same note -- enough people have concluded you to be a liar, so, it just has to be true.

The only difference is, my group has evidence to support it's conclusion.

If you're so confident in your stance Fwee, make your point if you can. I'm here.

Several others, including myself, arrived at the same conclusion based upon the evidence given within your correspondence.

That IS my point.

That I made.

Cuz I can.

Even by your own line of reasoning, I must be correct.

Since so many people think your god is real, then it simply MUST be, right?

Well -- on the same note -- enough people have concluded you to be a liar, so, it just has to be true.

The only difference is, my group has evidence to support it's conclusion.

If you want to continue being a dick, that's your issue.