Goodbye Jesus

Boring Post Thread

ContraBardus

A glass is sitting next to my laptop in a very boring way.

if there's anything in it, and it spills onto your laptop...that won't be boring. happy.png
  • Like 1

Went out on my '2nd date,' and didn't feel well, so now I'm home. sad.png

Aw, Sister Deidre, I am sorry to hear that. I am beseeching the Magic Sky Man in your behalf, asking Him for your glorious healing! Glory!

Aw, Sister Deidre, I am sorry to hear that. I am beseeching the Magic Sky Man in your behalf, asking Him for your glorious healing! Glory!

I think it's an omen. sad.png

I broke a spider web today.

Why not (V) ( ;,,;) (V)?

X-bar equals the summation of x over n

It's 5 after 12 midnight now.

X-bar equals the summation of x over n

Cute, you deserve a slice of Pi for that.                     ******************                     3.14159265358979                       1640628620899                        23172535940                         881097566                          5432664                           09171                            036                             5

My napkin is still white.

• Like 1

A white envelope is lying on my brown desk underneath my white napkin. 

I suppose that you all have already showered.  I suppose that I'll try to wash the smoke off and hit the hay.

I suppose that you all have already showered.  I suppose that I'll try to wash the smoke off and hit the hay.

I might shower tomorrow, if the Lard magically wills it. I'll have to beseech Him for His magical Sky Will and see... Glory!

My bed is piled with books.

My nightstand is piled with books.

My nightstand is piled with books.

I have a really big bed.

What books?  I have The Craft and Business of Songwriting, The Dragons of Eden, Purgatorio, Insurrection, The Bible Unearthed, and The End of Christianity on my nightstand.

What books?  I have The Craft and Business of Songwriting, The Dragons of Eden, Purgatorio, Insurrection, The Bible Unearthed, and The End of Christianity on my nightstand.

I have:

When God Was a Woman

A Universe from Nothing

Manual for Creating Atheists

Supersense: Why we believe the unbelievable

Zen & the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

Media/Society

Tao Te Ching

• Like 1

I don't read books anymore, I have a digital tablet, a laptop, and a phone with Kindle apps, and an actual Kindle. It's less clutter, easier to organize, and I'm actually able to read more because I don't have to lug around a bunch of paperbacks and magazines. Plus, digital books are cheaper.

Everyone says "what if you don't have power and the batteries run dead". That's never happened, plus it's cloud based so I'm able to access and download the same books to all my devices. On top of that, if I am anywhere for any length of time long enough to actually run out of power, there is always a place to charge them and every one of those devices can be powered and run by a cable when charging.

If I'm somewhere that doesn't have power for some reason for any length of time I'm either in too much trouble to worry about reading a book, or to busy to bother because I'm outside in the wilderness and dealing with the minutia involved with that.

I don't have to worry about bugs eating the pages, storing the books, moving them about, nor do I care about the "smell" or how the pages feel. The exact same words are on the screen with a digital reader, it's just as easy if not easier to turn the pages, easier to read in the dark or in direct sunlight with the Kindle's screen, and if I'm trying to find a specific reference point I can simply use a search function rather than deal with a mass of physical bookmarks or simply type in a specific page number to go directly to it without having to flip around.

There's no downside to digital books. The world has moved on. Book hipsters need to get over it, they aren't better than digital any more than a phonograph is better than an MP3 player. The advantages far outweigh the minor quibbles for the average user. Hardcopy will never go away, but the average person doesn't need physical books anymore. In a few years you won't even need them for school anymore.

That's not a sad thing, it's progress. We don't use stone chipped spears for hunting anymore either. The phasing out of books is no different than that.

I don't read books anymore, I have a digital tablet, a laptop, and a phone with Kindle apps, and an actual Kindle. It's less clutter, easier to organize, and I'm actually able to read more because I don't have to lug around a bunch of paperbacks and magazines. Plus, digital books are cheaper.

Everyone says "what if you don't have power and the batteries run dead". That's never happened, plus it's cloud based so I'm able to access and download the same books to all my devices. On top of that, if I am anywhere for any length of time long enough to actually run out of power, there is always a place to charge them and every one of those devices can be powered and run by a cable when charging.

If I'm somewhere that doesn't have power for some reason for any length of time I'm either in too much trouble to worry about reading a book, or to busy to bother because I'm outside in the wilderness and dealing with the minutia involved with that.

I don't have to worry about bugs eating the pages, storing the books, moving them about, nor do I care about the "smell" or how the pages feel. The exact same words are on the screen with a digital reader, it's just as easy if not easier to turn the pages, easier to read in the dark or in direct sunlight with the Kindle's screen, and if I'm trying to find a specific reference point I can simply use a search function rather than deal with a mass of physical bookmarks or simply type in a specific page number to go directly to it without having to flip around.

There's no downside to digital books. The world has moved on. Book hipsters need to get over it, they aren't better than digital any more than a phonograph is better than an MP3 player. The advantages far outweigh the minor quibbles for the average user. Hardcopy will never go away, but the average person doesn't need physical books anymore. In a few years you won't even need them for school anymore.

That's not a sad thing, it's progress. We don't use stone chipped spears for hunting anymore either. The phasing out of books is no different than that.

You will get my books when you pry them from my cold dead fingers.

• Like 2

You will get my books when you pry them from my cold dead fingers.

I thought it was pretty clear I don't want your books, and neither does the majority of the civilized world anymore. I doubt anyone under the age of 25 who isn't a hipster wants a hardcopy book for anything more than table decoration to be used as a glorified coaster. They're outdated now for anything but record keeping purposes to prevent data loss or corruption. The average consumer has no use for them. You can keep those wasteful paper antiques of yours along with your vinyl records, black and white television, Atari Video game systems, and Betamax tapes.

If you want to waste space in your home and kill trees to feed your hoarding impulses so you can rub your fingers seductively on thin strips of dead wood pulp for the feels and nostalgia that's your business. You can keep em in the same room you've got that disco ball and polyester suit for when Disco comes back again.

**Gives contrabardus a well-intentioned award for being an e-books bore in the boring post thread, which is the perfect place to be one**

There's only four ex-c members online right now.

*Watches tumbleweed roll through the website*

• Like 1

My husband is taking me on a cruise that goes around the whole world. There will be 33 stops. It will take 4 months. There will be no books on that cruise. I need to go get ready.

I'm just joking.

I'm just sitting here dreaming.

My husband is taking me on a cruise that goes around the whole world. There will be 33 stops. It will take 4 months. There will be no books on that cruise. I need to go get ready.

I'm just joking.

I'm just sitting here dreaming.

But Margee, even when you are just joking, you're livening up the boring thread. wink.png

Just by posting, your presence makes the boring thread not boring. smile.png

Human, I luv you today. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.