Goodbye Jesus

What Defines And Drives A Relationship

Guest end3

I am just asking to what standard they are comparing to claim "disorder"? What quantification or even measured qualification are we talking about? How is this different that some illegitimate diagnosis? We have to be disfuntional to some agreed quality? Is there a legitimate test or is this consensus?

The Pope of science issues a proclamation and then all scientists have to accept the proclamation or else be excommunicated from science and then spend eternity in hell.

Quit acting like an idiot.

• Like 1

Goodbye Jesus

Ah, yes, the old "I'm sinful and broken" defense.  We do what we choose to do in this life, End3.  We say the words we choose; we commit the actions we choose to commit.  We are who we are, and that is what drives us to do the things we choose to do.  If it's important to you, you'll find a way to do it; if it's not important, you'll find an excuse, like "sin" for example.

You might think the bible offers an explanation of reality because it affords you the opportunity to hide behind "sin" for all your shortcomings, faults, and flaws.  But the reality is, those shortcomings, faults, and flaws are part of who you are.  You can man-up to them and strive to change; or you can make excuses and hide behind "sin".  One path will lead you toward becoming a better person (which you claim to desire); the other... Well, let's just say that so long as nothing changes, nothing changes.

And you think there is no physiology in there anywhere? Why not just tell Jeff, Jeff, don't be manic or depressed. We've been down this road.

I understand what you are saying.

Jeff has a legitimate diagnosis of a legitimate disorder.  "Sin" is not a disorder; it is an excuse.  That is the difference.

And, yes, there is physiology involved; but eletrochemical pulses in your brain are just that.  They are not "sin".  "Sin" is an excuse.

How and why is it legitimized.

What kind of question is that?  

Aren't you supposed to be the manager of an analytical lab?  Unless the lab you work for is located at the Answers in Genesis headquarters then I would expect you to understand the scientific method and how it applies to medical and psychological diagnoses.  

A simple examination of the AMA website or the APA website should be able to clear up the confusion you are currently hiding behind.

Do your homework, now, End3.  No more excuses.

I am just asking to what standard they are comparing to claim "disorder"? What quantification or even measured qualification are we talking about? How is this different that some illegitimate diagnosis? We have to be disfuntional to some agreed quality? Is there a legitimate test or is this consensus?

And what is your legitimate diagnosis?

He's not perfect, just forgiven, therefore he's not responsible for this shortcomings.  </sarcasm>

Perfect, forgiven or not responsible...does End really exist outside of his own perception of himself?

Wendyshrug.gif

The Pope of science issues a proclamation and then all scientists have to accept the proclamation or else be excommunicated from science and then spend eternity in hell.

Answer the question then. Soles hit the nail on the head. Some interpretations of brain function are legitimate for empathy and some are not?????? BY WHAT MEANS ARE WE QUANTIFYING SUCH??????? CAN I RUN TO THE DRUGSTORE AND GET THE BIPOLAR TEST????

Yes, you can.

But only if you believe the drugstore exists.

• Like 3

CAN I RUN TO THE DRUGSTORE AND GET THE BIPOLAR TEST????

Perhaps you should, or, more legitimately, get tested by the mental health professional of your choosing.

Answer the question then. Soles hit the nail on the head. Some interpretations of brain function are legitimate for empathy and some are not?????? BY WHAT MEANS ARE WE QUANTIFYING SUCH??????? CAN I RUN TO THE DRUGSTORE AND GET THE BIPOLAR TEST????

Unfortunately, those drug store bipolar tests are suppositories and I don't think anything else would fit with your head already shoved up there. 

• Like 6

• Super Moderator

I provided you with links and you still have the gall to post this?  You're simply unbelievable, End3.  Unbelievably disingenuous, unbelievably dishonest, and unbelievably willfully ignorant.

I'm beginning to doubt the claim that you are the manager of an analytical lab and may be forced to ask for proof of this claim before long, if you keep this kind of behavior up.

• Like 2

Answer the question then.

I've answered every single question you posed as long as I understood what you were asking.

Soles hit the nail on the head. Some interpretations of brain function are legitimate for empathy and some are not?????? BY WHAT MEANS ARE WE QUANTIFYING SUCH??????? CAN I RUN TO THE DRUGSTORE AND GET THE BIPOLAR TEST????

"Some interpretations of brain function are legitimate for empathy and some are not" doesn't mean anything in English.

Your second question refers to the nonsensical first question.

"Can I run to the drugstore and get the bipolar test?"  No but you can see a mental health expert who can test you using proven methods.  Do you think you have Bipolar?

Unfortunately, those drug store bipolar tests are suppositories and I don't think anything else would fit with your head already shoved up there. 

Thanks for making me almost spit out my coffee from laughing so hard.

• Like 1

So, if a mental health professional falls over in a drugstore, but End doesn't believe in him, does he make any sound when he hits the floor?

• Like 1

Yes, BAA, but would it be a subjective sound or an objective sound? If we can agree on that, we can develop a love relationship and God will pop out.

• Like 1

Yes, BAA, but would it be a subjective sound or an objective sound? If we can agree on that, we can develop a love relationship and God will pop out.

No Dude!

It doesn't matter if we agree on anything or not.  We don't exist independently of End's belief in us.  If he chooses to stop believing in us... "poof!" ...we're gone.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

This is simply sickening.  End3 is trying to equate his own cussedness and general orneriness ("sin") with a condition that could have easily claimed Brother Jeff's life just a few days ago.  He who preaches "grace" and "relationships".

Lurkers, especially those of you who still have christian tendencies, observe this behavior and ask yourselves, "Is this the best my religion has to offer?"

• Like 4

I provided you with links and you still have the gall to post this?  You're simply unbelievable, End3.  Unbelievably disingenuous, unbelievably dishonest, and unbelievably willfully ignorant.

I'm beginning to doubt the claim that you are the manager of an analytical lab and may be forced to ask for proof of this claim before long, if you keep this kind of behavior up.

I read some of you "links". All I saw was "characterized" and "symptoms". What is the mechanism? Do I have to have 47 faults/ 1000 connections before I am diagnosed? Quantification is what I am asking....not "characterized" by 3 out 5 trained psychologists. Until someone can adequately demonstrate....

In my labs, we have known standards that we compare to...or internal standards. What constitutes the standard brain? Do we know?

Is there ONE of you that can answer these questions?

Now that you mention it, TRP, I did think it was a particularly low blow on E3's part when he dragged my glorious Brother Jeff's illness into this thread in order to try to make one of his vapid points.

It wasn't enough for him to just crap in Brother Jeff's thread the other day I guess.

• Like 2

This is simply sickening.  End3 is trying to equate his own cussedness and general orneriness ("sin") with a condition that could have easily claimed Brother Jeff's life just a few days ago.  He who preaches "grace" and "relationships".

Lurkers, especially those of you who still have christian tendencies, observe this behavior and ask yourselves, "Is this the best my religion has to offer?"

No sir, you were the one who brought the issue up. When is brain dysfunction excuseable and by what means do we quantify such.

Now that you mention it, TRP, I did think it was a particularly low blow on E3's part when he dragged my glorious Brother Jeff's illness into this thread in order to try to make one of his vapid points.

It wasn't enough for him to just crap in Brother Jeff's thread the other day I guess.

It has absolutely NOTHING to do with Jeff. The question is independent.

You don't know what a standard brain is, End, because you have the mind of Christ.  When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

• Like 1

I recently asked you to show some respect for Jeff, End.

And now this from you...?

The question may be independent E3, but you brought up Jeff's name.

Why don't you poke around in our relationship with Jeff until you see what love can do. You might not like it.

• Like 3

I'm not even staying in this thread for the comedy.

Disgusting.

• Like 2

It's simple guys, what's the difference between a legitimate brain disorder and a normal brain. How is this discerned. All I have atm is "well, we have people who are trained to spot this" "these symptoms" "this characterization".

I'll go look for myself. If I'm wrong, I'll be the first to admit it.

I'm not even staying in this thread for the comedy.

Disgusting.

It's simple guys, what's the difference between a legitimate brain disorder and a normal brain. How is this discerned. All I have atm is "well, we have people who are trained to spot this" "these symptoms" "this characterization".

I'll go look for myself. If I'm wrong, I'll be the first to admit it.

From the Brain and Behavior Research Foundation:

How is bipolar disorder diagnosed?

Bipolar disorder cannot yet be diagnosed physiologically by blood tests or brain scans. Currently, diagnosis is based on symptoms, course of illness, and family history.

Eh, like I alluded to earlier, my contempt is for know-it-alls. Many here qualify.

The worst kind is one that's dumb and a know it all.

• Like 1