Goodbye Jesus

The Holy Spirit

Mystique

I'd like to inject a brief story.  But it's true. (really).  

Back when I was steeped in religion, I read the bible a lot. (like most people here did).  And I took it literally. (like most people here did as well.)

The bible talks about otherworldly beings such as satan, demons, angels, and a war that's going on, unseen to the human eye - but a very real war that's taking place between the forces of good and evil.  And I believed the bible, therefore I accepted that there was a war going on, and my soul was one of the things caught in the tug-of-war. The devil prowls about like a roaring lion.  Put on the full armour of God to protect yourself.  It's in the book.

So this had been my mindset for a long time.  One night, as I was sleeping, I heard the door to my bedroom creak open.  And I was frozen in fear.  I knew that they were demons.  They were short beings - about three feet tall - but they were pure evil.  They came towards my bed and grabbed my feet and pressed down on me and were going to take me.  And I woke up screaming a scream of pure terror.

True story.

I got up in the middle of the night, turned on all the lights (my heart was pounding and it was really terrifying.  Really.)  I went online and looked to see if anyone had had similar experiences.  They had.  It was called sleep paralysis / night terrors.  During a period where you are technically asleep, but your mind tells you you're awake.  

I ended up finding a natural explanation for what had occurred.  And the reason it occurred is because my mind was steeped in dwelling on these otherworldy, spiritual things.

That was ten or eleven years ago.  Since escaping religion, I know now how to determine real things from imaginary things.  There are no ghosts or demons or ghouls (except on halloween) or spirit guides or guardian angels.  There are no real deities (Such as Ahura Mazda) that come with an arch-enemy (Such as Ahriman) that want to possess my soul.

And I sleep well. 

My point is this - Mystique is totally fixated on the spirit world.  Look at the movies he watches even.  Movies about demon possession.  It's no wonder this world is real to him.  He lives it every day.  But it's not real. 

• Like 2

I took this photo on a shoot in my city back in 2009. I had no idea that I had photographic evidence that the Holy Spirit was descending on this church. I am amazed. How could I have been so dumb? I have to reevaluate my current spiritual situation now and consider the truth now that my eyes have been opened. Thanks Mystique for helping me see the truth...

attachicon.gifSteeple.jpg

It is true, you have captured the Holy Spirit in your photograph.

It's not the Holy Spirit in the photograph, Mystique.  It's just the moon.  

Please learn the difference between the subjective and the objective.

Thank you,

BAA.

Except for the dream I had of Jesus removing the anger and hatred from the devils heart. I was completely awake and vigilant during the entire experience and it would not be considered to be, nor was it in any way subjective.

Mystique,

All of your sensory experiences are subjective unless they can be independently and objectively verified by others.

As I said, you need to learn the difference between what is subjective and what is objective.

My wife I have have seen both seen the same spirits at the same time. Also, an experience does not have to be independently and objectively verified by others to be objective.

It's not implausible for two people to have mental health issues at the same time, and for one to believe the other's delusions are real.  It's even possible for entire groups of people to be deluded, it's called mass hysteria.

When I was a Christian, I used to volunteer at a drop-in centre for people with mental health issues.  They often talked about religious/spiritual ideas, and the ideas were remarkably similar eg "I have seen god/jesus/the holy spirit" or "I am god/jesus/the holy spirit".  These are common delusions the world over, wherever Christianity is prevalent.  In fact, whatever form religious ideas tend to take in a particular culture, those ideas form the subject material for the delusions of the mentally ill.

Mystique, what do those around you, such as friends, family, and health professionals, say about your claims to have seen god/jesus/the holy spirit?

My friends and family believe me because they know that I am sober, sane and not a liar. Health professionals distinguish the difference between a spiritual experience and a mental condition.

No disrespect to your friends and family but they are not qualified to determine if you are sane or not.  Competent mental health professionals know that people can hold spiritual beliefs, and that there is a threshold where such beliefs can indicate mental illness.  If the person is very unwell, then this can be determined in a few minutes, and in other cases it takes a bit longer.  Some mental health professionals may have spiritual beliefs of their own, which can make their assessment somewhat unreliable.

I think you are either delusional, or trolling.

I once told a health care professional about seeing Jesus as a nine year child and she called it a spiritual experience and that it had nothing to do with any sort of mental illness. If you want to know the truth about psychiatry. They are a bunch of quacks. Before they were called, "psychiatrists:, the caring physicians use to drill holes in peoples heads to release the devils. Needless to say they killed a number of people. Then they tried frontal lobotomies which left people mentally crippled for the rest of their lives. And then they used excessive electrical shock treatments and medication and did nothing but succeed in harming patients and failed at curing anyone. Even today, they have not cured a single person with modern day medicine. This is because they still no nothing about a what a psychosis is. They claim that their research "implies" it to be a brain disorder. They do not know this to be true and it is not a fact. It has been known for thousands of years to be the devils to drive a person mad. This would not have changed. Insanity has not changed for thousands of years. It is not about "keeping up with the time". It is about knowing and telling the truth. Many psychiatrist today will tell their patients that it may very well be devils that they are having problems with. You should consider the history and work of the people that you place your faith and trust in.

Your distrust in psychiatry speaks volumes.  It reminds me of people like Kirstie Alley... a scientologist.

As I said above, some mental health professionals have spiritual beliefs that lead them into malpractice, and they are usually not prosecuted for it, because many people don't value state/church separation.  Or the patients imagine the person is affirming their delusion.

Psychotropic medications save lives and improve the quality of life for millions of people around the world.  So does ECT, which is now used safely and effectively.  

Further, in most cases, psychosis can be kept in remission as long as the person continues to take their meds.  That's as close to a cure as we can get, for now.

Don't even bother trying to sound like you know the truth because you do not. Psychiatry admits that their research merely "implies" that psychotic disorders are a malfunction of the brain or said, "brain disorder". They do not even know. Their research is merely an educated guess and not a fact. It is people like you who assume that it is a fact that spread some of the lies in this world about people.

Have I struck a nerve?  What experiences have you had that led you to reject the skills and knowledge of psychiatrists?

• Like 1

This person is faking it. Before I got into graphic arts I was studying psychology. Having a few acquaintances who are licensed psychiatrists and psychologists, I was privy to be able to sit in on many group sessions. I know first hand how people with mental illness talk about religion. At some point, everyone of them admitted to being put on a psych hold at some point in their life. Everything this person is saying I have heard mentally ill patients say before. The fact that this person has never been on a psych hold tells me he doesn't act like this in public which means he is faking it for this site. Truly mentally ill people like this cannot help but act like this in a public setting, whether in front of family or in front of the general public. This will lead to confrontation with either police or family members stepping in to call the police to have them put into a psych ward for evaluation. It's all a show.

Those lowly people are wiser and more knowledgeable of the spirit world and their condition than you will ever be. Both you and the psychiatrist are spiritually challenged and ignorant to the truth. Last night I watched the movie "The Exorcism of Emily Rose". It is based on a true story of a court trial of a priest who performed an exorcism on a young girl who later died. The priest was being charged with negligent homicide. Emily knew that it was demons and her body was being contorted by them The court psychiatrist explained this by claiming that Emily was having a psychotic epileptic seizure. He coined these words himself. There is no such thing ever recorded in the journals of medicine. This is a good example of the BS lies that come out of psychiatry.

Anything could be considered a true story

Their was a publicized trial with court records, witnesses, and a recording of the demons speaking four different languages of which Emily could not have possibly known..

Citation please?

The movie. "The Exorcism of Emily Rose."

LOL. A movie.

The candle burns bright in this one. biggrin.png  The movie is based on the true story of a trial.

You were asked to provide a citation or citations to support your claims that certain events in the movie actually happened, eg court records etc.

The burden of proof rests with the person making the claim.  Unless you provide acceptable evidence to support your claims, they will be treated as the nonsense that they are.

And so, the natural explanation for these orb things in photographs.  Dust / pollen.  Not necessarily on the lens of the camera, but airborne.  If it's near the camera and is illuminated by the flash, it creates an orb effect.

The same dust / pollen that settles back on my car as I am actively washing it.  Grrr.

Not the holy spirit.  Or energy centers or chakras or spirit guides or ghosts.

Dust. 

http://www.ghostgadgets.com/_knowledge/orbs.html

post-389-0-88227300-1446120754_thumb.jpg

This is not the holy spirit.  It is snow.

post-389-0-34580600-1446120936_thumb.jpg

this is not the holy spirit.  It is dust.  The bigger the orb, the closer the dust particle is to the lens of the camera.

• Super Moderator

Oh come on, Mythra, don't confuse (anymore than he already is!) poor ol' Mistique with science and facts.  GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

rolleyes.gif  Just wishful thinking, I know.  

I'm under no illusions that he will be convinced of anything, other than the reality of his delusions. But you know, it doesn't hurt to try.

And one reason he won't wake up is because he's having fun.  It makes life more interesting to think there are things you know that no one else knows.  Things you can see and hear that no one else can see or hear.  You are privvy to the secrets of Almighty God.  You have special abilities and you are one of the chosen. Just like Ezekiel!  God is using YOU for his purposes to help defeat the forces of darkness!  Amazing!

So much more fun and exciting than boring old reality.

• Super Moderator

rolleyes.gif  Just wishful thinking, I know.  

I'm under no illusions that he will be convinced of anything, other than the reality of his delusions. But you know, it doesn't hurt to try.

Yep, I'm just kidding you.  Who knows -- maybe something will sink in some day.  In the meantime, it's helpful for the lurkers and great entertainment for many of us.  

Plus lots of the pictures are pretty.  biggrin.png

• Super Moderator
It makes life more interesting to think there are things you know that no one else knows.  Things you can see and hear that no one else can see or hear.  You are privvy to the secrets of Almighty God.  You have special abilities into special insights. God is using YOU for his purposes!  

Agree!  Christinsanity -- the religion of egomaniacs. "I'm special and it's all about meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

EXACTLY!

And in this regard, Mystique has just taken it a little further than most.

That's one of the attractions of Christianity.  You are special.  God has numbered the hairs on your head.  There's a special purpose for your life. The creator of the universe knows your name and is very concerned about helping you find a parking space at the mall.

VS. The realist.  You are just one in 8 billion people on this planet.  In the end nothing will become of you.  Your death will not even make the evening news.  You will live and die and be followed by billions more people who will just live and die.  In anonymity.

No wonder religionists hate to give it up.

But it reminds me of a Sagan quote: It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.

• Like 4

Plus lots of the pictures are pretty.  biggrin.png

Thanks for the morning laugh, buffettphan!

I too am attracted to shiny objects. yellow.gif

Oh come on, Mythra, don't confuse (anymore than he already is!) poor ol' Mistique with science and facts.  GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

Here are a great number of testimonies of people who have seen orbs with their naked eyes.  

http://faceless39.hubpages.com/hub/White-Ball-Of-Light

The people who believe that thwse spiritual orbs are photo anomolies are people who have never seen one for themselves.

Wait, how do we know the moon isn't the Holy Spirit?  Maybe the moon has been the Holy Spirit the whole time. 

Here ate a great number of testimonies of people who have seen orbs with their naked eyes.  

Do I have to parade out the testimonies of those guys who swear that the golden plates and seer glasses of mormonism are true?  

Testimonies schmestimonies

post-389-0-64341100-1446126362_thumb.jpg

This is a genuine photograph of Jesus casting his cloak of protection over the twin towers.

Apparently box cutters are in the same category as iron chariots.

• Like 2

Here ate a great number of testimonies of people who have seen orbs with their naked eyes.  

Do I have to parade out the testimonies of those guys who swear that the golden plates and seer glasses of mormonism are true?  

Testimonies schmestimonies

If hundreds of people are delusional then it must be true!

And don't shift gears and ignore the scientific explanation for orbs that are captured on camera.  Your dodge has not gone unnoticed.

• Like 1

Wait, how do we know the moon isn't the Holy Spirit?  Maybe the moon has been the Holy Spirit the whole time. 

Yeah, sure.  And rings around the sun are Jesus' foreskin.woohoo.gif

If you want I'll give you a testimony that I pulled a bugger out of my nose and watched it walk across the room.

What the fuck are testimonies?  Nothing.  

• Like 1

If you want I'll give you a testimony that I pulled a bugger out of my nose and watched it walk across the room.

What the fuck are testimonies? Nothing.

My toast spoke to me a week ago and told me i would encounter a bullshit artist online. Here i am today

• Like 1

Objective evidence of the Holy Spirit must come from an a source that is independent of you.  

That is, not from the member of this forum called Mystique.

Cite or link to an independent source to back up your claim, which we can verify for ourselves.

Your claims of objectivity cannot be accepted because you (Mystique) are the one making them.

Only information independent of Mystique is acceptable as objective evidence.

Anything Mystique posts and claims to be objective cannot be accepted as objective.

This standard is not negotiable by Mystique.

Here is one. 

http://parksmccants....tured-in-photos

Thank you.

Now please tell us why you had to be pressed by me (repeated requests) to produce evidence from an independent source like this?

I can tell you more about those photos than that source can. Why do you merely want a little milk when you can have the whole cow?

Please just answer my question, Mystique.

Please tell us why you had to be pressed by me (repeated requests) to produce evidence from an independent source like this?

I already told you. Besides I am not on trial and do not have to do anything you ask. I would suggest that you do whatever you need to do to return to God before you lose your sorry ass in hell. It is all real. I have seen it myself.

Here is a real photograph of a spirit in hell flying. 

Wyoyr6l.jpg

What the fuck are testimonies? Nothing.

My toast spoke to me a week ago and told me i would encounter a bullshit artist online. Here i am today

The difference between you and I is that I am not a liar.