Goodbye Jesus

The Holy Spirit

Mystique

After reading quite a few of the other interactions that "Mystique" has had, I can see that he is living in a recurring loop.  Nothing has changed in his responses for years.

I no longer have a dog in this hunt.  No skin in the game.  

Mystique:  you can wake up tonight and figure this out, or spend 15 more years chasing your tail.  Either way makes no difference whatsoever to me.

See ya.

Even if just for the sake of argument I agreed and said it was some spiritual thing, I am still not sure how you get Christianity and the holy spirit out of it. It seems to be like losing the forest for the trees. I don't see how you escape a nonsequiter.

• Like 1

Mystique, you talk so much about yourself and the Holy Spirit.

You say you are a Christian and you quote a lot of Bible.

Where in the Bible does it say that when the Holy Spirit comes He will not seek to glorify Himself? Doesn't it say somewhere that the Holy Spirit would glorify Jesus, and not Himself?  

Still you go on day after day talking about the Holy Spirit and yourself and what you believe. What about Jesus? He only gets a cameo appearance on the wing of an airplane? Remember what the Apostle Paul said in second Corinthians 13:5, Mystique. "Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith."

Nice job, BAA.  Helpful to gain some additional insights into what we're dealing with here. 

We are dealing with a narcissist and delusional nutter.  Bad combination.

• Like 1

What is interesting in all of this is how the human imagination works to interpret something that they don't understand.  It's actually quite similar to the "god of the gaps".  Whatever doesn't have a logical explanation yet, goddidit. 

The photos of them are easily dismissed with a rational explanation. But there are indeed lots of people have reported seeing these orb things, and every one of them has an explanation for them based upon their own particular gig.

Paranormal people say they're spirits of dead people. Someone who's Aunt Lucy just died is convinced it's Aunt Lucy.  UFO people say they are energies from aliens who are trying to contact us.  Most christians say they are demonic. One guy thinks they are the holy spirit.  And everyone is convinced (and busy trying to convince everyone else) that they have it figured out.

But, they don't. Their imagination has provided them an explanation, and they are satisfied. 

I know what I would do if I saw one.  As soon as I exhausted any logical explanation for it,(such as a reflection from my wristwatch)  I would say, "huh.  I wonder what the fuck that was?"  and then go on about my day.

• Like 3

Only a piece of crap would alter another person's work. This is a very foul thing to do. And I am highly offended. Are you people trying to make enemies?

offended.jpg

• Super Moderator

You people do not know much spiritually because if you did you would not be ex-Christians.

We know just as much as you do, spiritually. Unlike you however, we are willing to admit it's all bullshit.

[Clarification.]

You are truly blind and do not know the truth at all.

Then give us the truth! Photos of camera errors and Bible verses isnt doing the trick!

I have seen the truth with my own naked eyes. I know the truth. I have given you the truth.

I... I... I...

Where's god in all this?  Do you think an all-powerful god really needs your ego-trip to convince us of his truth?

• Like 1

I think I have figured out what they are. Manifestations of "Wilson" from the Tom Hanks movie "Castaway" 

post-389-0-60040900-1446291561.jpg

This Misty guy makes TinPony look wise and sophisticated.  If all he has done is post orb pics during the last 15 years then I expect it will be exactly the same for the next 15 year as well.  I'm going to put him on ignore.  I've had enough of his routine to last a lifetime.

• Like 4

• Super Moderator

I still can't believe he's serious.

I doubted it too, until I saw the trail provided by BAA.  Nobody could be that persistent unless they were dead serious. Crazy dead serious.

He's already found another discussion board and made his first post again.

"This is a photograph of the Holy Spirit descending like a dove".

He's stuck in groundhog day.

38 pages of us calling him nuttier than a snickers bar, and the only thing that pissed him off was renaming the thread.

Florduh should have named it The "Holy Spirit"

I find it sad that someone would be happy to waste so much of their life on something like this.

The boredom alone would make me stop after a few weeks.  He can't be right in the head.

I'm going to guess that the word happy doesn't describe him.

Seems more like a compulsion, like a compulsive gambler who can't stop - even though he goes home time after time with empty pockets.

My wife is the most miserable person in the world.  She feels "Christ" will cure EVERYTHING...  In the process she has killed our marriage, our relationship. and destroyed the relative love we once had with her and our children....  

We once reconciled...  We gave each other the benefit of the doubt, and respected each others ideas and speculations...  NOW my ideas are from the "devil" (and she is catholic.. ie. no devil) And now I am EVIL because I question what she long believed as truth...  

I am a scientist.  I study computer technology.   As many members here know, I have been very outspoken, somewhat harsh in making my points.  I only now revisit this site and I see the same ole crap being debated. Stuff not even worthy of debate... but there it is a common theme....

The ignorant choose to be so, as blindness seems as light...  But the darkness, that so cleverly masquerades as light, shall, in really remain dark, regardless the shout or timber of voice, in defiance of the conviction of spirit, heart or motivation...  Truth is truth and can NEVER become fiction on the power of belief....

I implore those seeking answers, this thread and this sight.... YEILD to common sense, and reflect upon not just your life, but upon all you have known and ask yourself....   If there really was a heaven? Would you be worthy of it?   

And if your answer is NO....   Then truly, since no person, even the most humble and rightous perhaps it is not there at all...  because if you fail to be the BEST person you could be, then you have done what you SHOULD do, and why be rewarded for what is expected of you in the FIRST PLACE.  

It is like someone bragging that "Hey I never went to jail!"....  You are not SUPPOSED to go to jail.... COMMON SENSE.   

You do NOT need a God or spirit to tell you that you should "behave"... It is common sense.

Embrace it.  Fear not death, it comes to us all.  FEAR being an idiot and leading your fellow humans into darkness..

• Like 1

Uh okay, took a look at some of those other threads. 

This rings so many bells. I'm very much reminded of a local guy who is convinced that one of the Revelation's predictions is about him. 

Walls and walls of text, strange images and links to extremely biased "sources" all over various forums. Some of the forums are his own. 

No one can reason with him, because no one knows the things he knows, and everyone else is lost or blinded.

He was harmless, only a weird combination of amusing and annoying, for many years. He recently decided that his calling was to unite all Christian churches, but he got kicked out of all Christian forums because they didn't appreciate him proclaiming himself a new leader, and non-Christian forums just mock him. He is now furious, and wishes destruction, death and hell upon everyone. 

I don't want to have anything to do with this thread anymore. I sincerely hope Mystique gets help. mellow.png

Mystique, I feel like I should apologize for how I've acted towards you. I mistook you for a troll, or possibly a Poe, but it seems you are genuinely troubled. A possibility I was really hoping wasn't the case.

I'm sorry. I hope you realize how troubled you are and get help, your obsession isn't healthy. And anyone encouraging your delusion isn't helping you at all.

• Like 1

WTF is going on in this thread?

• Like 1

A seasoned religious and delusional nutter started four threads, each of which contained the same basic material.  One was closed and three were merged.  The OP exhibited common predictable dysfunctions and provided some limited entertainment.  Now he appears to have run away to greener pastures.

• Like 3

A seasoned religious and delusional nutter started four threads, each of which contained the same basic material.  One was closed and three were merged.  The OP exhibited common predictable dysfunctions and provided some limited entertainment.  Now he appears to have run away to greener pastures.

Which is almost exactly what fcshmidt did with the "Former Atheist, Ask Me Anything" thread.  Misty went for a higher volume but the pattern was very similar.  I'm sure they were different people but the approach is very typical.  We get that kind of Christian on a regular basis.  They come here as God's gift to ex-Christians and when it doesn't work they quickly lose interest.

• Like 3

fschmidt was annoying and intellectually dishonest, but he didn't seem quite so crazy as this one.

• 2 weeks later...

Even demons want to to learn of the truth from the bible. The truth of the opening post will always stand.

Even demons want to to learn of the truth from the bible. The truth of the opening post will always stand.

If you say so...

If you say so...

Even Satanic worshipers fear God because God can put them in worst places of hell.