Goodbye Jesus

What Should We Expect During A Time Of Grace

Guest end3

• Super Moderator

I think the intelligent folks on here like to solve "puzzles" so some food for thought: But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD Genesis 6:8

After the "sons of god" came down and polluted the human genome by having sex with the daughters of men.  god didn't save Noah because he was "righteous"; god saved him because his family was the only one god's sons hadn't infiltrated.  It was a massive cover-up and all of humanity got caught in the crossfire.  No puzzle to solve here... move along.

Hope you realize the daughters of men is figurative language for apostates & folk who did not see the Creator God as sovereign.

God CANNOT & will not force people to love & serve Him. Noah was willing.

So, you're suggesting that god's sons were having sex with sinners?  "And the two shall become one flesh..." where does that leave the Son of godTM?

Prof,

These particular sons of God from Genesis are considered to be the fallen angels referred to in Revelation 12 : 7 - 9.

Then war broke out in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. 

But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven. 

The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.

As such these sons of God are demons and not to be confused with Jesus, the Son of God.

Yes, it's confusing.

I know, I know.  The bible doesn't mean what it says nor does it say what it means.  

Starting to think that the things we so adamantly resist is where our fears reside. I guess a good therapist brings those things out through trust, but I'm occasionally thankful for those that beat it out of me as well.

Hi End!

Firstly, thanks for returning.  

Now, I've been giving some serious thought to our recent dialog - particularly what you wrote about Christians still doing the things that they shouldn't.  The sticking point here seems to be reconciling two opposing things.  What scripture says about Christians being supernaturally changed and no longer sinning.  Versus our natural human disposition to sin.  I've recalled what I understood about this from when I was a Christian and if you'd like, I'd be happy to share this with you.

The only catch is that I can't do it right now.  Perhaps in a few hours.  Is that ok?

Thanks,

BAA.

p.s.

I get the meaning of your 'beat it out of me' reference.  smile.png

• Super Moderator

Starting to think that the things we so adamantly resist is where our fears reside. I guess a good therapist brings those things out through trust, but I'm occasionally thankful for those that beat it out of me as well.

You're welcome.

• 4 weeks later...

@ Furball, you're a fully human furball? ;D

Is your pic deceptive? Do you like to eat Christians?

I just wanted to bump this thread, I don't have time to debate. I did want to ask you though, If someone calls a woman Mrs. Olson (from Little House on the Prairie), what would you think it means?

I had a HARD time spelling Prairie lol

@ Florduh, you iz still baaaaad, I still like ya, though.