Goodbye Jesus

What Should We Expect During A Time Of Grace

Guest end3

BAA - I went to a Southern Baptist church for the longest time and they constantly hammered on "being christlike". If you are saved by grace, then you are to show that grace to others, including unbelievers. Even the pastor emphasized showing respect to everyone, despite not agreeing. 

I think biblegod is using us heathens to teach him a lesson. :D

• Super Moderator

Now he turns apologetic and conciliatory...  Now that his spade has been called a spade...Like his behavior was intended for anything other than to frustrate or annoy the rest of us...  Blessed are the peacemakers, indeed... when they're responsible for the war.

Lurkers beware; here be dragons.

Horse shit. I used the word speculative. That's pretty straightforward. Not my fault she was not satisfied with my response.

Lions and dragons and bears, oh my.

This man purports to know the "truth" about all of us... our "need" for "intellectual faith"... our need to accept "grace"... our arrogance bolstered by scientific inquiry... our ego.

Yet here we see what happens when he is faced with the truth about himself.  He immediately denies it and seeks to place the blame upon another.

Lurkers, especially those of you who still might lean toward christianity, take note of this behavior and ask yourselves, "Is this the best my religion has to offer?"

My "truth" about her is she is a very nice person that got fooled by the like of you Prof...and science. Those are my real feelings about her. Bet I'm not wrong.

Here again, we see this "christian" place the blame on others.  Here we see the "christian" opining upon the speck he sees in the eyes of others (the good Professor's eye, for one).

Here we see the "chrisitan", yet again, refusing to face the truth about himself.  He'd rather cast his judgment at others than have to look at himself.

Not all who come calling "lord, lord" shall enter the kingdom of heaven, End3.

BAA - I went to a Southern Baptist church for the longest time and they constantly hammered on "being christlike". If you are saved by grace, then you are to show that grace to others, including unbelievers. Even the pastor emphasized showing respect to everyone, despite not agreeing. 

I think biblegod is using us heathens to teach him a lesson. biggrin.png

Bob, 

Even if we are casting pearls before swine with End3, our efforts will not be wasted.

As you made it quite clear just a few hours ago, (in # 141) the lurking doubters will see his un-Christlike behavior and take note of it.

Thanks,

BAA.

Here we see the "chrisitan", yet again, refusing to face the truth about himself.  He'd rather cast his judgment at others than have to look at himself.

Well, we'll see Prof. At least I won't be grabbing people's hands and encouraging to follow me to hell through my errant practice of science.

Well, we'll see Prof. At least I won't be grabbing people's hands and encouraging to follow me to hell through my errant practice of science.

You've got it backwards, End.

Your behavior turns people away from Christ.

So in this forum, YOU are a major reason why they went to hell.

Going to have fun explaining that to Jesus when it's your time?

• Like 1

• Super Moderator
At least I won't be grabbing people's hands and encouraging to follow me to hell through my errant practice of science. 

You have quite an imagination, and it's judgy to boot.

What you're doing End is grabbing people's hands and encouraging them to follow you to hell thru your errant practice of fake Christianity.

At least I won't be grabbing people's hands and encouraging to follow me to hell through my errant practice of science.

You have quite an imagination, and it's judgy to boot.

Y'all act like people like Margee came to these decisions on their own. There was that one other lady who went back and forth...I forget her name. Long story short, y'all act like "support" doesn't play a role in the decision making.

For the Prof and Baas, the onus is to get it right or how was it phrased....something about a millstone and drowning. And still, their egos are tying the rope around their own necks as we speak.

What you're doing End is grabbing people's hands and encouraging them to follow you to hell thru your errant practice of fake Christianity.

No, anyone who stays with Christianity knows....just ask Bob, what Christ's role is regarding the sinner.

No, anyone who stays with Christianity knows....just ask Bob, what Christ's role is regarding the sinner.

Exactly!

Anyone who stays with Christ.   You haven't.   Your un-Christlike behavior is proof of that.

That's what Bob meant about you.

You're NOTHING like Christ... so you haven't stayed with Christianity.

Exactly!

Anyone who stays with Christ.   You haven't.   Your un-Christlike behavior is proof of that.

That's what Bob meant about you.

You're NOTHING like Christ... so you haven't stayed with Christianity.

Not what I said Baas...go read it again.

The point still stands, End.

You haven't stayed with Christ.

You are nothing like Christ.

Your behavior proves that.

Which is the reason I worship Christ...thanks for the reminder.

End, an honest question: what do you mean with "grace"? Care to explain it to someone as ignorant as this poor soul?

Which is the reason I worship Christ...thanks for the reminder.

Once again, you've got it backwards, End.

If you really did worship Christ - it would show as Christ-like behavior.

Since your behavior is un-Christlike, you therefore DO NOT worship Christ.

You can't divorce your beliefs from your behavior, End.

Jesus said that you will know them (true Christians) by their fruit.

And your fruit (behavior) is rotten!

Therefore, even if you say you worship Christ, your spiritual fruit (behavior) says otherwise.

James 1 : 26.

Those who consider themselves religious and yet do not keep a tight rein on their tongues deceive themselves, and their religion is worthless.

Those who consider themselves religious and yet do not keep a tight rein on their [/size]tongues deceive themselves, and their religion is worthless.[/size]

Romans 3:23

End3, you're really fired up in this thread. Did you just finish a John Hagee book or something? Man, you're a hoot sometimes.

BTW, did you ever answer BAA's questio where he asked if you believe the Bible is inerrant and etc? I'd like to know too. All you have on your side is the opinions of sinners with decietfully wicked hearts and the Bible. So tell us, is it perfect and complete and inerrant in your humble opinion or not?

That's a pretty simple yes or no question. If you answered it, I missed it.  

Those who consider themselves religious and yet do not keep a tight rein on their [/size]tongues deceive themselves, and their religion is worthless.[/size]

Exactly!

And what is it that fallen (and saved) sinners must not do once they have received God's grace?

Romans 3 : 23 & 24.

23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. 

They mustn't use that grace as an excuse to carry on sinning.

I pointed this out to Bob about you, just a few hours ago.  here it is again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Truly, Bob,

You see End3 for  exactly the hypocrite he really is.  goodjob.gif

The Apostle Paul had some stern words for those like End who claim to be living by grace, but who are actually using God's grace as an excuse to cover up their sinful ways. (Emphasis is mine.)

Romans 6 : 1 - 14.

Dead to Sin, Alive in Christ

What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase?

By no means! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?

Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?

We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we will certainly also be united with him in a resurrection like his.

For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be done away with,[a] that we should no longer be slaves to sin—

because anyone who has died has been set free from sin.

Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him.

For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him.

10 The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God.

11 In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus.

12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires.

13 Do not offer any part of yourself to sin as an instrument of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer every part of yourself to him as an instrument of righteousness.

14 For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.

Exactly!

And what is it that fallen (and saved) sinners must not do once they have received God's grace?

[/size]23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,[/size] [/size]24 and all are justified freely by his [/size]grace[/size] through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.[/size] [/size]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Truly, Bob,

The Apostle Paul had some stern words for those like End who claim to be living by grace, but who are actually using God's grace as an excuse to cover up their sinful ways. (Emphasis is mine.)

Dead to Sin, Alive in Christ[/size]

By no means! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?

Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?

We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we will certainly also be united with him in a resurrection like his.

For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be done away with,[a] that we should no longer be slaves to sin—

For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him.

10 The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God.

11 In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus.

12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires.

13 Do not offer any part of yourself to sin as an instrument of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer every part of yourself to him as an instrument of righteousness.

14 For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.

Did you think I missed that Baas? Somehow? Hell, I think even Paul said he still did things he didn't want to do....PAUL.

End3, you're really fired up in this thread. Did you just finish a John Hagee book or something? Man, you're a hoot sometimes.

BTW, did you ever answer BAA's questio where he asked if you believe the Bible is inerrant and etc? I'd like to know too. All you have on your side is the opinions of sinners with decietfully wicked hearts and the Bible. So tell us, is it perfect and complete and inerrant in your humble opinion or not?

No Dude.

He didn't answer it.

In this thread he's been asked 16 direct questions by 5 different members and he only answered one.

For the Redneck Prof.

And he put in the tremendous effort of typing out two letters to do it.

N and O.

• Like 1

I faithfully consider the Bible inerrant.

Exactly!

[/size]23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,[/size] [/size]24 and all are justified freely by his [/size]grace[/size] through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.[/size] [/size]

Truly, Bob,

Dead to Sin, Alive in Christ[/size]

Did you think I missed that Baas? Somehow? Hell, I think even Paul said he still did things he didn't want to do....PAUL.

But Paul isn't a member of this forum and his spiritual fruit (behavior) isn't on display for us to see how Christ-like it is.

On the other hand, you ARE a member of this forum and Jesus Christ's representative to us, here and now.

We can see your spiritual fruit (behavior) and it's nothing like Christ's.

You can't squirm out of your duty to be Christ's witness in this forum by appealing to the life of a man who's been dead for 2,000 years!

Look doubters on the edge and see the face of your christian apologetics. Your defenders. 

I've read this entire thread and I've seen rational deconstruction of a christian argument. Then, when asked some questions, the staunch christian defender ignores said questions and quickly resorts to that powerful, christlike love we all hear about. Cursing, name calling, and excuses. 

If you need any more evidence that there is no such thing as a christian god, nor holy spirit, then this wonderful thread provides ample amounts of evidence.

End3's behavior is not so much due to his religion (although it plays a role) but primarily due to his emotional, psychological and mental health issues, of which he is in serious or complete denial.

• Super Moderator
...tying the rope around their own necks as we speak.

So you now have an imaginary rope as well?

Go to a Muslim website and let them tell you how you are going to hell, tightening your rope every day...

As you consider those threats from Allah to be ridiculous, consider that you are doing the same with your own superstition.