Goodbye Jesus

What Should We Expect During A Time Of Grace

Guest end3

End3 clings to certain religious dogma because he thinks it will heal his emotional and psychological dysfunctions.  Not surprisingly, it isn't doing that at all.

You are soo clever. I bet you are a lawyer type...

Not relevant.

Nevertheless, your religious beliefs do not appear to be helping you with your personality disorders.

Try taking responsibility for your situation, instead of blaming others.  That would be a start.  Follow that up with appropriate secular therapy, and medication if indicated.

How many countless times have I told y'all I come here to relieve stress. I argue to relieve stress. I'm not blaming anyone for my stress. Jot it down in you deposition notebook that that's the reason I come here. You can convict me now if you wish.

Have already been to numerous therapists over the years, numerous mind-numbing psychotropic meds to no avail. I would exercise but it's painful. I would rather derive my serotonin via pointing out the flaws in the resident theories.

Let me say this one more time. You people have a hard-on for objective proof. Science doesn't understand "love" and "spirit" and "illogical". So until then councilor.

Ah...thanks for explaining, End.

So when you began this thread, it was never with the expectation that you'd actually answer the questions we would put to you?

Nor was it with the expectation that anything would actually be resolved by it?

Or that the issue in question would be critically examined?

You did it because you like arguing with us.

You did it to satisfy your craving for serotonin.

You did it in the belief that you'd point out the flaws in scientific theories with... love, spirit and illogic.

Yes.  Thanks for explaining, End.

Oh and btw,  I now see that I shouldn't have posted that, "So You've Been Publicly Shamed" pic.

This one suits you much better.

tumblr_n3vhy50wzR1qzw0cao1_1280.jpg

• Like 1

Not sure what you would like BAA. Most of the responses are "it's not real" blah blah, "objective proof" blah blah followed by attempt to belittle the OP by starting an objective argument. Then, THEN, asshole, when I start talking about objective evidence that correlates to "spiritual", fuck, crickets.

The point is, there is not much there yet. You could say that. And then I could say something that might lead us to a parting compromise, but you would rather make stupid ass posts just like the last one above....that it's a flaw terminal to Christians.

Pathetic BAA, fucking pathetic.

• Super Moderator

Not sure what you would like BAA. Most of the responses are "it's not real" blah blah, "objective proof" blah blah followed by attempt to belittle the OP by starting an objective argument. Then, THEN, asshole, when I start talking about objective evidence that correlates to "spiritual", fuck, crickets.

The point is, there is not much there yet. You could say that. And then I could say something that might lead us to a parting compromise, but you would rather make stupid ass posts just like the last one above....that it's a flaw terminal to Christians.

The problem with this response, End3, is that most of the responses are "it's not real, blah, blah..."  MOST, but not all.  

Occasionally, you get a response like this: "hey End3, what's the difference between wisdom and intelligence?".  You get a response that could very well lead to the kind of discussion  you claim to want to be having here.  You get a response that might even be the opening of the next phase of your journey toward maturity.

And you ignore it...

So don't bitch when people with less patience than me would rather not waste their time trying to have a discussion with you.  It is, after all, your own damn fault.

What wonderful spiritual fruit you display, End!

Thank you indeed.  smile.png

Your behavior in this thread really is an object lesson to all the wavering, doubt-filled Christians who are reading this and seriously considering deconverting from the faith.

You are an object lesson of how a 'true Christian believer' has had his life transformed from sinful darkness into light by the purifying, indwelling power of the Holy Spirit.

Personal insults.  Foul language.  Character assassination.  Evasiveness.  Disrespect.  Incoherence.  Confusion.  Anger.  Intolerance.  

You're not sure what I'd like?

Well, asking you to actually answer the direct questions that are put to you seems to be a lost cause.

So, my friend, all I'd like of you is for you to just... be yourself.

By doing that you'll be far more successful at making Ex-Christians than we could ever hope to be.

Bye!

LeslieWave.gif

• Like 2

What wonderful spiritual fruit you display, End!

Thank you indeed.  smile.png

Your behavior in this thread really is an object lesson to all the wavering, doubt-filled Christians who are reading this and seriously considering deconverting from the faith.

You are an object lesson of how a 'true Christian believer' has had his life transformed from sinful darkness into light by the purifying, indwelling power of the Holy Spirit.

Personal insults.  Foul language.  Character assassination.  Evasiveness.  Disrespect.  Incoherence.  Confusion.  Anger.  Intolerance.  

You're not sure what I'd like?

Well, asking you to actually answer the direct questions that are put to you seems to be a lost cause.

So, my friend, all I'd like of you is for you to just... be yourself.

By doing that you'll be far more successful at making Ex-Christians than we could ever hope to be.

Bye!

LeslieWave.gif

I rest my case. Disingenuous and pathetic.

Guest Furball

when I start talking about objective evidence that correlates to "spiritual", fuck, crickets.

I am willing to listen to your objective evidence that correlates to spiritual matters. No arguments or debates needed. Please, I kindly ask you to list the objective evidence that correlates to the spiritual. If you have listed this evidence in another thread, let me know and I will take the time to read it. Thanks end. 

The problem with this response, End3, is that most of the responses are "it's not real, blah, blah..."  MOST, but not all.  

Occasionally, you get a response like this: "hey End3, what's the difference between wisdom and intelligence?".  You get a response that could very well lead to the kind of discussion  you claim to want to be having here.  You get a response that might even be the opening of the next phase of your journey toward maturity.

And you ignore it...

So don't bitch when people with less patience than me would rather not waste their time trying to have a discussion with you.  It is, after all, your own damn fault.

No! NO! No Prof!

It's never End's fault.

Don't you know that yet?

He's the Christian and we're the sinners.  By default that makes him right and us wrong.  That makes us the ones who are always at fault and him the blameless, unfairly-persecuted innocent who's never to blame for anything and who must never be held responsible or accountable for anything.  Never!

He can cuss and bitch and whine and hand out personal insults and that's just dandy.

Got it now?

• Super Moderator
You people have a hard-on for objective proof.

Perhaps you should try it rather than accepting made up answers.

when I start talking about objective evidence that correlates to "spiritual", fuck, crickets.

I am willing to listen to your objective evidence that correlates to spiritual matters. No arguments or debates needed. Please, I kindly ask you to list the objective evidence that correlates to the spiritual. If you have listed this evidence in another thread, let me know and I will take the time to read it. Thanks end.

I don't know of much. Last time I looked at the internet, seems like I found where research was being done in brain mapping. What I understand of that is they were looking into types of connectivity within the brain and mapping "layers". Seems like they were using mice maybe. This is the kind of discussion I would welcome. Thank you.

Perhaps you should realize the proof you have is woefully short and closeth thy piehole before coming to a conclusion.

And you ignore it...

You don't wish to carry on a conversation Prof.

Perhaps you should realize the proof you have is woefully short and closeth thy piehole before coming to a conclusion.

Impressive!

End hasn't even seen what Florduh has in mind with regard to objective proof...

...and he's dismissed it.

And you ignore it...

False!

The Prof has asked politely and respectfully asked you reasonable questions.

And you've ignored them.  (I have shown how you've ignored him.)

He does want to continue a dialog with you...

...but only on the proviso that you answer his questions.

And you ignore it...

False!

The Prof has asked politely and respectfully asked you reasonable questions.

And you've ignored them.  (I have shown how you've ignored him.)

He does want to continue a dialog with you...

...but only on the proviso that you answer his questions.

Prove "politely and respectfully" objectively and then we will talk. You are quite the douchebag BAA.

• Super Moderator

I assume you know that to accept as true any proposal that lacks evidence or proof is an act that requires faith. Faith comes into play when you want to believe something but have no real reason to. It is the basis of every magical proposition; god, religion, psychics, etc.

Since the use of faith can lead one to embrace Catholicism, Mormonism, Pentecostalism, Spiritualism, Islam, and a host of other improbable assertions, faith is clearly the wrong tool to use if you wish to arrive at the truth.

That leaves evidence, and proof as the only reliable paths to reality.

• Super Moderator

And you ignore it...

After all the interesting conversations you and I have had in the past, End3?  You're just going to dismiss my efforts this time around?  Well then tahellwitchya.

Prove "politely and respectfully" objectively and then we will talk. You are quite the douchebag BAA.

Very well, End.

I will prove (to a standard that any reasonable person would be satisfied with) that the Prof did (past tense) want a proper dialog with you.

Posted Yesterday, 07:07 PM

Out of curiosity End3, do you know the difference between intelligence and wisdom?

See?  Polite and respectful.  But you ignored him.  Which is not polite or respectful.

Then you introduced the 'gonads' talk into this thread. (Which was neither polite nor respectful)

However, the Prof chose to meet you on your own level, when he wrote this.

Posted Yesterday, 08:46 PM

You got me on "ignore" there, End3?  Or are you projecting your "gonads" issue onto others again?

And today, in response to your No reply, he wrote this.

I had "intellectual" faith.  I was the most "intellectual" christian you could ever have hoped to meet.

Explain to me the difference between intelligence and wisdom, as you understand it.

Then. after you'd insulted me and used unnecessary foul language, the Prof wrote this.

The problem with this response, End3, is that most of the responses are "it's not real, blah, blah..."  MOST, but not all.  

And you ignore it...

So, he's been polite and respectful to you, only descending to your level when you took the thread there.  And now he's gone.

YOU are the initiator of the insults, the foul language and the personal attacks in this thread, End.  

YOU are the one who impolitely and disrespectfully ignored not just his questions, but everyone else's.

These facts (care to dispute what's on the record here?) objectively prove that the Prof wanted a dialog with you. 

• Like 1

I assume you know that to accept as true any proposal that lacks evidence or proof is an act that requires faith. Faith comes into play when you want to believe something but have no real reason to. It is the basis of every magical proposition; god, religion, psychics, etc.

Since the use of faith can lead one to embrace Catholicism, Mormonism, Pentecostalism, Spiritualism, Islam, and a host of other improbable assertions, faith is clearly the wrong tool to use if you wish to arrive at the truth.

Jesus C,

You are the one that said science doesn't know it all and is changing. Why can't you accept YET that somehow you can make a scientific call with evidence that isn't there yet? And the kicker is y'all tout science as your means to reality. There's a hell of a lot of reality that science can't define....just sayin.

After all the interesting conversations you and I have had in the past, End3?  You're just going to dismiss my efforts this time around?  Well then tahellwitchya.

Why don't you play the first card so it will lead me to some thoughts about trust.

Jesus C,

You are the one that said science doesn't know it all and is changing. Why can't you accept YET that somehow you can make a scientific call with evidence that isn't there yet? And the kicker is y'all tout science as your means to reality. There's a hell of a lot of reality that science can't define....just sayin.

The point Florduh is at pains to make End is that as regards the Bible, what science hasn't yet discovered and what science can't define are irrelevant.

Right now... today... science has adequately defined and discovered enough to reasonably rule out the possibility that the Bible is either fact or history.

It is neither of these things.

You, however, are like Michael Behe, when he took the stand in the Dover vs. Kitzmiller case.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Behe

"In fact, on cross-examination, Professor Behe was questioned concerning his 1996 claim that science would never find an evolutionary explanation for the immune system. He was presented with fifty-eight peer-reviewed publications, nine books, and several immunology textbook chapters about the evolution of the immune system; however, he simply insisted that this was still not sufficient evidence of evolution, and that it was not "good enough.

NO amount of scientific data, evidence, definitions or discoveries will ever be "good enough" for you.

• Super Moderator
There's a hell of a lot of reality that science can't define....just sayin. 

And you can?

Many people who are anxious for answers posit a supernatural realm of some description. Details very, but what those realms and systems have in common is that they are invisible and undetectable. If you're comfortable accepting one of the scenarios people have imagined, go for it. I ain't buying. It's like the moon conspiracy theorists; one would have you believe we never landed on the moon at all while others tell you the astronauts who did land on the moon encountered aliens already living there. Which fairy tale is true? Neither? Yeah, see what I mean?

So let's see if my objective proof was good enough for you, End.

Do you accept that the Prof was polite and respectful to you, and you repaid this by ignoring him?

Do you accept that it was you who dragged this thread down with insults, foul language and personal attacks?

Do you accept that he wanted a dialog with you and that you were wrong to claim that he didn't?

Fyi, these questions are a test.

To pass the test you must accept the responsibility and the blame for your wrongdoing in all three cases.

Failure to do so will be an elegant proof that you are a shameless and unrepentant denialist.

This will prove that you will deny... anything!  

Even indisputable facts about yourself that are recorded here for all to see.

And if you are prepared to deny the facts about yourself, what hope is there that you'll ever stop your denying ways?

No facts or evidence or data will ever be good enough for you because you'll always deny it!

• Super Moderator

Why don't you play the first card so it will lead me to some thoughts about trust.

No.

Interestingly enough Prof, you me and End are right at the pivotal moment of Genesis 3.

Just as God knew what Adam and Eve had done after they sinned, so we both know that End is at fault and to blame and should take responsibility.

God asked Adam and Eve to step up and take responsibility for their wrongdoing, End's been asked to do the same for his wrongdoing in this thread.

Just as Adam and Eve hid, so End's trying to hide from taking responsibility by asking you to trust him.  (Well done for refusing, btw.)

End was lurking up until a few seconds ago... but now that he's seen your refusal, he's vanished. 

How ironic that the Creation-believing, Grace-filled, scripture-revering Christian won't take responsibility for his actions...

...even when the God-breathed words of his heavenly Lord and Savior, enshrined in the holy Bible tell him to do so!