Goodbye Jesus

What Should We Expect During A Time Of Grace

Guest end3

End3 clings to certain religious dogma because he thinks it will heal his emotional and psychological dysfunctions.  Not surprisingly, it isn't doing that at all.

• Super Moderator

You got me on "ignore" there, End3?  Or are you projecting your "gonads" issue onto others again?

• Like 1

The point is, there's a difference between supporting ex-Christians and making ex-Christians.

We don't make ex- christians. We share information and our own experiences. What people do with that data is completely up to them.

You got me on "ignore" there, End3?  Or are you projecting your "gonads" issue onto others again?

No, just noting that you appear to be one of the most guilty of needing to have intellectual faith. Yes, I feel I know the difference, what is your point please.

End3 clings to certain religious dogma because he thinks it will heal his emotional and psychological dysfunctions.  Not surprisingly, it isn't doing that at all.

You are soo clever. I bet you are a lawyer type...

The point is, there's a difference between supporting ex-Christians and making ex-Christians.

We don't make ex- christians. We share information and our own experiences. What people do with that data is completely up to them.

With due respect WP, that's a nice statement, but...

But what? If we had the power to make ex-christians, you would be one by now.

Lol, You get the gist of what I am saying though. More often than not, you hang out with a crowd, and that's kinda who you become. An example or two: My staunch conservative Dad turned into a liberal after moving from Texas to Colorado. I think we tend to want to fit in for acceptance. I am sure there are outliers as you mention.

Going by many of the testimonies on this site, Christians are pretty good at that themselves.

Going by many of the testimonies on this site, Christians are pretty good at that themselves.

Rabid fundamentalism takes it's toll for sure.

Here's a thought. If there is a possibility that hell exists and you might send someone to hell with your encouragement in disbelief, why in the hell would you do that? Especially when you can't be sure. Why encourage that? You don't have the gonads to go it alone?

No end3. I don't mind being in hell by myself if it exists. I don't "preach" disbelief however I am going to encourage those who already start the deconverting process. I won't feel bad helping putting people in hell, if it exists, because those who question Bible God also prefer to be in hell rather than spending eternity with Bible God. I prefer spending eternity in the Simpson's Springfield rather than spending eternity in Stepford.

Here's a thought. If there is a possibility that hell exists and you might send someone to hell with your encouragement in disbelief, why in the hell would you do that? Especially when you can't be sure. Why encourage that? You don't have the gonads to go it alone?

No end3. I don't mind being in hell by myself if it exists. I don't "preach" disbelief however I am going to encourage those who already start the deconverting process. I won't feel bad helping putting people in hell, if it exists, because those who question Bible God also prefer to be in hell rather than spending eternity with Bible God. I prefer spending eternity in the Simpson's Springfield rather than spending eternity in Stepford.

That's a pretty disturbing statement SL.

The notion of hell is pretty disturbing to begin with. Go, blame the authors.

In my opinion it is not possible to make somebody ex-Christian.  It is something they can only do for themselves.

I think we tend to want to fit in for acceptance.

That would be a benefit of becoming a Christian.  Not a benefit of leaving Christianity.  This little spot online is the only place I can be myself.  I get rejected by the Christians in real life.  I really miss what I lost but there is no way to go back to faith.

Lol, You get the gist of what I am saying though. More often than not, you hang out with a crowd, and that's kinda who you become. An example or two: My staunch conservative Dad turned into a liberal after moving from Texas to Colorado. I think we tend to want to fit in for acceptance. I am sure there are outliers as you mention.

I'm sorry to hear that your dad turned to the darkside, End.  Be careful which crowd you hang out with, because you wouldn't want to become like them, you know. That might be bad for you.  PageofCupsNono.gif  

Here's a thought. End.

Why don't you have the gonads to answer the questions put to you?

The Prof's and mine.

No.  Forget that.  Just mine if you please.

• Super Moderator

No, just noting that you appear to be one of the most guilty of needing to have intellectual faith. Yes, I feel I know the difference, what is your point please.

I had "intellectual" faith.  I was the most "intellectual" christian you could ever have hoped to meet.

Explain to me the difference between intelligence and wisdom, as you understand it.

Did you watch 'The History of The Earth 'end'? Tell us what you think?

Be accountable when you get in a debate.

Margee,

On the subject of End being accountable, here's an interesting pattern for you and Florduh (in your role as Moderators) to check out.  

If you break down exactly how he deals with each member he responds to, you'll notice the following.

He cites you, Florduh, Ficino, sdelsolray, WarriorPoet, but only when you posed no direct questions to him.

The one time WarriorPoet did pose a question, End cited it, but didn't answer it.  

Ditto with rjn.  This member asked questions in # 4, 23 and # 65, all of which are ignored.  

He asked another in # 73. End cites it but instead of answering it, he counters it with further questions of his own.

He answers the Redneck Prof's question about being on 'ignore' with a No and then asks a question of his own.

The Prof doesn't get the questions he put to End in # 32, 67 and # 93 answered.  These are ignored.

MyMistake doesn't get the questions he put to End in # 66 and # 74 answered.  These are ignored.

My questions from # 5, 53, 54, 61, 63 and # 92 are all ignored by End.

So, totaling it all up, End was asked sixteen (16) separate, direct questions by five (5) different members.

He cited two but only answered one.  And he made just three keystrokes when doing that

That's right Margee.  In 94 posts, over 4 days, End has only answered ONE direct question put to him by any other member.

So, perhaps you and Florduh could 'gently' request that End change the way he posts in the Lion's Den?

That when asked a question, he should cite it and reply to it?

That he is in no way excused or exempted from what is expected of him -  to answer direct questions that are put to him?

And not to cite them without answering them?

And not to counter them with questions of his own?

Thanks,

BAA.

• Like 2

You are soo clever. I bet you are a lawyer type...

Not relevant.

Nevertheless, your religious beliefs do not appear to be helping you with your personality disorders.

Try taking responsibility for your situation, instead of blaming others.  That would be a start.  Follow that up with appropriate secular therapy, and medication if indicated.

• Super Moderator
So, perhaps you and Florduh could 'gently' request that End change the way he posts in the Lion's Den?

I feel your pain, but in the Lion's Den the Christians who choose to come here may argue for their beliefs, but there's no requirement that they do it well. It's not formal debate. Obviously, not responding to questions is no way to bring people back to the flock or even make a point. Nobody is required to answer questions in any forum, but most will stop attempting dialog if the other member can't or won't address the questions posed to him. Others seem to enjoy the mindless banter. It's up to you whether you want to play or not.

Yes, I think it's a speculative youtube video.

I feel your pain, but in the Lion's Den the Christians who choose to come here may argue for their beliefs, but there's no requirement that they do it well. It's not formal debate. Obviously, not responding to questions is no way to bring people back to the flock or even make a point. Nobody is required to answer questions in any forum, but most will stop attempting dialog if the other member can't or won't address the questions posed to him. Others seem to enjoy the mindless banter. It's up to you whether you want to play or not.

No problem, Florduh.

I just thought that Margee's request that End be accountable could do with a bit of a statistical follow up.

(Maybe I'll start to keep a permanent record of how Christians avoid answering direct questions in the Den.  A Roll of Dishonor, so to speak. wink.png)

Btw, End probably thinks that my throwing the spotlight on him like this amounts to the wicked persecution of an innocent and blameless Christian (him) by a degenerate atheist sinner (me).  

See if I care.

Anyway, thanks for your consideration, Florduh.

Bye!  .LeslieWave.gif

BAA

• Like 1

Yes, I think it's a speculative youtube video.

april_h-600x400.jpg