Goodbye Jesus

What Should We Expect During A Time Of Grace

Guest end3

If it helps, look at the problem this way, End.

(Hypothetically)

You want us to buy this dream car that you claim is perfect in every way.  But when we ask you to show us how fantastic and wonderful it is... it won't even start!

By calling me a fucking pathetic asshole your claim that Christianity is true is shown to be false.

• Like 1

End3, you're really fired up in this thread. Did you just finish a John Hagee book or something? Man, you're a hoot sometimes.

BTW, did you ever answer BAA's questio where he asked if you believe the Bible is inerrant and etc? I'd like to know too. All you have on your side is the opinions of sinners with decietfully wicked hearts and the Bible. So tell us, is it perfect and complete and inerrant in your humble opinion or not?

That's a pretty simple yes or no question. If you answered it, I missed it.

I faithfully consider the Bible inerrant.

That's gonna come back and bite you... sometime.

By calling me a fucking pathetic asshole your claim that Christianity is true is shown to be false.

No, that you ARE a fucking pathetic douchebag is independent. Me and Paul sinning after accepting Christ is consistent with the Bible.

...tying the rope around their own necks as we speak.

So you now have an imaginary rope as well?

Go to a Muslim website and let them tell you how you are going to hell, tightening your rope every day...

As you consider those threats from Allah to be ridiculous, consider that you are doing the same with your own superstition.

Why do you bother responding?

No, that you ARE a fucking pathetic douchebag is independent. Me and Paul sinning after accepting Christ is consistent with the Bible.

No it isn't.

Jesus said that you will know them (true Christians) by their fruit.

Go to biblegategateway now.  Put the word 'fruit' into the Search box.  Select the New Testament only and see how many times Jesus, John, James, Paul and Peter mention that GOOD SPIRITUAL FRUIT is the true sign of a true Christian believer who has Jesus Christ living in them.

• Like 2

Don't bother, End.

I've done the work for you.

Now read and learn!

Produce fruit in keeping with repentance.
The ax is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.
By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?
Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit.
A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit.
Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.
“Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad, for a tree is recognized by its fruit.
Seeing a fig tree by the road, he went up to it but found nothing on it except leaves. Then he said to it, “May you never bear fruit again!” Immediately the tree withered.
When the harvest time approached, he sent his servants to the tenants to collect his fruit.
“Therefore I tell you that the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people who will produce its fruit.
I tell you, I will not drink from this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father’s kingdom.”
Seeing in the distance a fig tree in leaf, he went to find out if it had any fruit. When he reached it, he found nothing but leaves, because it was not the season for figs.
Then he said to the tree, “May no one ever eat fruitfrom you again.” And his disciples heard him say it.
At harvest time he sent a servant to the tenants to collect from them some of the fruit of the vineyard.
“Truly I tell you, I will not drink again from the fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new in the kingdom of God.”
Produce fruit in keeping with repentance. And do not begin to say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’ For I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham.
The ax is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.”
A Tree and Its Fruit ] “No good tree bears bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit.
Each tree is recognized by its own fruit. People do not pick figs from thornbushes, or grapes from briers.
Then he told this parable: “A man had a fig tree growing in his vineyard, and he went to look for fruit on it but did not find any.
So he said to the man who took care of the vineyard, ‘For three years now I’ve been coming to look for fruiton this fig tree and haven’t found any. Cut it down! Why should it use up the soil?’
If it bears fruit next year, fine! If not, then cut it down.’”
At harvest time he sent a servant to the tenants so they would give him some of the fruit of the vineyard. But the tenants beat him and sent him away empty-handed.
For I tell you I will not drink again from the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes.”
He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.
Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.
“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.
This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.
You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruitfruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you.
So, my brothers and sisters, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God.
For when we were in the realm of the flesh, the sinful passions aroused by the law were at work in us, so that we bore fruit for death.
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
(for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth)
Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.
filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.
If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know!
that has come to you. In the same way, the gospel is bearing fruit and growing throughout the whole world—just as it has been doing among you since the day you heard it and truly understood God’s grace.
so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God,
With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may make you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may bring to fruition your every desire for goodness and your every deed prompted by faith.
Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise—the fruit of lips that openly profess his name.
But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere.
These people are blemishes at your love feasts, eating with you without the slightest qualm—shepherds who feed only themselves. They are clouds without rain, blown along by the wind; autumn trees, without fruitand uprooted—twice dead.

How Do We Bear Spiritual Fruit? Greg Laurie
12-greg-laurie.125w.tn.jpg

"But he who received seed on the good ground is he who hears the word and understands it, who indeed bears fruit and produces: some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty." (Matthew 13:23)

The concept of bearing fruit is used often in Scripture. In the Gospels, Jesus told the story of a sower who went out to sow seed. The seed fell on various types of ground. Some of the ground was rocky and hard. Other ground was receptive, but weeds choked out the seed. But there was a portion of ground that was not rocky or weedy, and the seed took root. Jesus said that this was a picture of the different people who hear the gospel. Those who are true believers are those who bring forth fruit (see Luke 8:4-15).

What is bearing fruit? Essentially, it is becoming like Jesus. Spiritual fruit will show itself in our lives as a change in our character and outlook. As we spend time with Jesus and get to know Him better, His thoughts will become our thoughts. His purpose will become our purpose. We will become like Jesus.

The Bible gives an excellent description a life characterized by the fruit of the SpiritGalatians 5:22-23says, "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control."

Is that what others see in your life? If not, then either you don't know God or you are living outside of fellowship with Him. If that is the case, then a commitment or a recommitment to Him would be in order. God is not asking for a perfect life. But He is asking that these fruits be primary characteristics of a life that is lived for Him. 

UCG.org / The Good News / The Fruit of the Spirit - Christ's Command to Us:...
The Fruit of the Spirit - Christ's Command to Us Bear Good Fruit and Much Fruit
Posted on Feb 3, 2008  by Don Hooser 2 commentsListen Estimated reading time: 8 minutes
audio-x-generic.png MP3 Audio(9.5 MB)

Jesus Christ taught important spiritual lessons regarding the "fruit" of our lives. What are those lessons, and how well are we applying them? Our eternal life depends on this understanding!
Maja Petric/Unpslash
Closely following God’s desire for good fruit is His desire for us to produce a lot of it—to be highly productive.

At the mention of fruit, what are your first thoughts? A snack? A dessert? Your favorite fruits?

The Bible refers to literal fruit—such as olives, grapes and figs—many times. More frequently the biblical Hebrew and Greek words translated “fruit” have a symbolic sense. All crops are considered “fruit of the earth.” Children are called the “fruit of the womb.” A man’s words are “the fruit of his mouth.”

“I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit.”

In ancient and modern times, people have used “fruit” to mean results, products, outcomes, accomplishmentsand achievements. An employee must be productive to be worthy of his wage. He must work hard, work fast and work smart to get jobs done and done right. In Scripture, “fruit” has similar meanings.

Defining “good” fruit

The Bible at times likens people to fruit trees or grapevines and portrays God as the owner of the orchards and vineyards. The Master knows our character by our spiritual fruits, just as “a tree is known [identified] by its fruit”—either good or bad (Matthew 12:33).

God’s number one concern is for all fruit to be good —”the fruit of righteousness” (James 3:18). In fact, Jesus warned, “Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and is thrown into the fire” to be destroyed (Matthew 7:19).

And what is good? Only God has the supreme authority to define good and evil. Jesus went on to say, “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven” (Matthew 7:21, emphasis added throughout).

And what is God’s will for our lives? It is revealed throughout His Word and is summarized by the two great commandments and the Ten Commandments (Matthew 22:36-40Matthew 19:17).

We must aim high to reach the highest goals. To produce the best fruit requires work, time, patience and perseverance (James 5:7-11).

We are to be  fruitful

Closely following God’s desire for good fruit is His desire for us to produce a lot of it—to be highly productive . Jesus said, “This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples” (John 15:8, New International Version). Notice, bearing abundant fruit glorifies God and identifies Christ’s disciples!

Later, Jesus states the purpose of our calling: “You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit —fruit that will last” (John 15:16NIV). Hence we must be oriented toward eternal goals and work with all our hearts to bring them to fruition!

The following parable is quite instructive: “A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard, and he came seeking fruit on it and found none. Then he said to the keeper of his vineyard, ‘Look, for three years I have come seeking fruit on this fig tree and find none. Cut it down; why does it use up the ground?’ But he answered and said to him, ‘Sir, let it alone this year also, until I dig around it and fertilize it. And if it bears fruit, well . But if not, after that you can cut it down’ ” (Luke 13:6-9).

The keeper of the vineyard asked for another year, during which time he would fertilize the soil to encourage growth. This illustrates God’s patience with us—how He is “not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance” (2 Peter 3:9).

A fruitless fruit tree, however, will eventually be “cut down.” Professing withoutproducing is no good.

We are to  grow

The similar parables in Matthew 25:14-30 and Luke 19:11-27 illustrate God’s emphasis on spiritual growth and accomplishment. In each story, two servants obediently invested the master’s money to earn a profit for him. But the third servant merely hid the money for safekeeping. Fear of failure was his excuse for not even trying.

The parable shows that we must obey God with faith and courage even when it may be humanly frightening. The fearful servant is called “unprofitable” and “wicked and lazy” (Matthew 25:30Matthew 25:26).

To each of the profitable ( fruitful ) servants, the master said, “Well done, good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord” (Matthew 25:21Matthew 25:23). May this be what we hear when Christ returns to reward His servants!

We can’t bear fruit without God

During His life on earth, Jesus Christ said of His miraculous acts, “The Son can do nothing of Himself” (John 5:19). He explained, “The Father who dwells in Me does the works” (John 14:10).

Neither can we, acting on our own, produce spiritual fruit! It requires a miracle of God through Christ. Let’s carefully read and ponder what Jesus explained to His disciples the evening before His arrest.

He said: “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit” (John 15:1-2). “Pruning” includes the Father’s loving discipline to correct our faults (Hebrews 12:5-11).

“Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me. I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing” (John 15:4-5). Rely on God and great things will happen!

“If anyone does not abide in Me,” Jesus continued, “he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you” (John 15:6-7). Abiding in Christ includes learning and applying God’s Word. And a major key to bearing fruit is praying for help!

Abiding in Christ also includes abiding in His Church, “the body of Christ,” as numerous scriptures show (1 Corinthians 12:12-141 Corinthians 12:27Ephesians 1:21-22Ephesians 4:12).

The essential role of God’s Spirit

Jesus said we can bear fruit only if He “abides” in us (John 15:4-5). How is this possible? It is through the gift of God’s Holy Spirit dwelling in us.

How do we receive this gift? Peter said, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit” (Acts 2:38).

God’s Spirit does many things. It imparts spiritual understanding (1 Corinthians 2:10-14). It imparts a willingness to obey—to be like Christ who said, “Nevertheless, not My will, but Yours, be done” (Luke 22:42). It imparts an ability to obey and love far above human ability. It is the Spirit “of power and of love and of a sound mind” (2 Timothy 1:7).

The power to bear fruit

With the Holy Spirit, one becomes spiritually alive, beginning a new life! God’s Spirit is like the life-giving sap that flows up the trunk of a tree to all its branches so they can yield fruit!

Notice God’s beautiful portrayal of His people as flourishing fruit trees: “Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, and whose hope is the Lord. For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, which spreads out its roots by the river, and will not fear when heat comes; but its leaf will be green, and will not be anxious in the year of drought, nor will cease from yielding fruit” (Jeremiah 17:7-8; compare Psalms 1:3).

The apostle Paul said in Galatians 5, “Walk in the Spirit . . . If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit” (Galatians 5:16Galatians 5:25). God’s Spirit enables us to act according to God’s principles—to live a godly life!

Without God’s Spirit, we are merely mortal flesh, and the fruits of raw human nature are called the “works of the flesh” in Galatians 5:19-21. After listing these sinful “works,” Paul warns that “those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God” (Galatians 5:21).

With the help of God’s Spirit, however, we produce something far different: “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering [or patience], kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control” (Galatians 5:22-23). That is truly goodfruit! God wants us to bear much of this fruit!

Spirit-led people have these wonderful virtues of godly character as the result of God’s Spirit acting from within. The credit for this fruit belongs to God and Jesus Christ who supply that Spirit.

And God will let us bear this fruit only when we are trying to give of ourselves to others. This fruit is manifested in relationships. God’s Spirit is like a river (John 7:38). It will flow into us only when it is also flowing out to others.

In a series of future articles we will examine each of the special aspects of the fruit of the Holy Spirit listed in Galatians 5—to thoroughly understand them, to see how we can cultivate them and to see how we can use them in serving God and one another. We will get a good taste of each one.

As we do that, let’s remember to focus on Christ’s overall lesson regarding the fruit of our lives: Bear good fruit and much fruit!

What is the key to bearing fruit as a Christian? Subscribe to our Question of the Week:

mp3speaker.gifprinter-friendly.gif
Question: "What is the key to bearing fruit as a Christian?"

Answer: 
In the natural world, fruit is the result of a healthy plant producing what it was designed to produce (Genesis 1:11–12). In the Bible, the word fruit is often used to describe a person’s outward actions that result from the condition of the heart.

Good fruit is that which is produced by the Holy Spirit. Galatians 5:22 gives us a starting place: the fruit of His Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. The more we allow the Holy Spirit free rein in our lives, the more this fruit is evident (Galatians 5:1625). Jesus told His followers, “I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last” (John 15:16). Righteous fruit has eternal benefit.

Jesus told us clearly what we must do to bear good fruit. He said, “Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me. I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing” (John 15:4–5). A branch must stay firmly attached to the trunk to stay alive. As disciples of Christ, we must stay firmly connected to Him to remain spiritually productive. A branch draws strength, nourishment, protection, and energy from the vine. If it is broken off, it quickly dies and becomes unfruitful. When we neglect our spiritual life, ignore the Word of God, skimp on prayer, and withhold areas of our lives from the scrutiny of the Holy Spirit, we are like a branch broken off the vine. Our lives become fruitless. We need daily surrender, daily communication, and daily—sometimes hourly—repentance and connection with the Holy Spirit in order to “walk in the Spirit and not fulfill the lusts of the flesh” (Galatians 5:16). Staying intimately connected to the True Vine is the only way to “bear fruit in old age” (Psalm 92:14), to “run and not grow weary” (Isaiah 40:31), and to not “grow weary in well-doing” (Galatians 6:9).

One counterfeit to bearing good fruit is pretense. We can become experts at the routines, the lingo, and “acting Christian,” while experiencing no real power and bearing no eternal fruit. Our hearts remain self-centered, angry, and joyless even while we go through the motions of serving God. We can easily slip into the role of the Pharisees in judging ourselves by how we think we appear to others and neglecting that secret place of the heart where all good fruit germinates. When we love, desire, pursue, and fear the same things that the rest of the world does, we are not abiding in Christ, even though our lives may be filled with church-related activity. And, often, we don’t realize that we are living fruitless lives (1 John 2:15–17).

Our works will be tested by fire. Using a different metaphor than fruit, 1 Corinthians 3:12–14 says, “If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, their work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each person’s work. If what has been built survives, the builder will receive a reward. If it is burned up, the builder will suffer loss but yet will be saved—even though only as one escaping through the flames.”

God is the judge of even our thoughts and motivations. All will be brought to the light when we stand before Him (Hebrews 4:12–13). A poor widow in a one-room hut can bear as much fruit as a televangelist leading giant crusades if she is surrendered to God in everything and using all He has given her for His glory. As fruit is unique to each tree, our fruit is unique to us. God knows what He has entrusted to each of us and what He expects us to do with it (Luke 12:48). Our responsibility before God is to be “faithful with little” so that He can trust us with much (Matthew 25:21).

Baas,

You're wasting Dave's space. I got it already.

You may have it, but you're in denial of it.

The only way you can faithfully and sincerely demonstrate that you 'get it' End, is by bearing good spiritual fruit for Christ.

There is no other way.

This is not up for negotiation.

There are no excuses.

If you 'get it', we'll see the change in your behavior.

If you don't change, that'll prove that you claimed to 'get it' but didn't.

Baas,

Now Dave thinks you are an inconsiderate douche too.

Careful, End.

By editing in that insult, once again you've shown that you haven't 'got' it.

PageofCupsNono.gif

Baas,

Now Dave thinks you are an inconsiderate douche too.

Careful, End.

By editing in that insult, once again you've shown that you haven't 'got' it.

PageofCupsNono.gif

You have noticed that people snip posts on purpose??

James 3 : 9 & 10.

With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse human beings, who have been made in God’s likeness. 

10 Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers and sisters, this should not be.

See how this applies to you, End?

You worship Christ with your tongue, but with the same tongue (metaphorically speaking, in this forum) you badmouth me.

Whatever worship you give to Christ with your mouth is worthless (see James 1 : 26) if, from the same mouth, you vomit up filth, insults and curses.

That's like smearing shit on something precious and then expecting that the person you're offering it to will gladly accept it.

With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse human beings, who have been made in God’s likeness.[/size] [/size]

10 Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers and sisters, this should not be.[/size]

You worship Christ with your tongue, but with the same tongue (metaphorically speaking, in this forum) you badmouth me.

Whatever worship you give to Christ with your mouth is worthless (see James 1 : 26) if, from the same mouth, you vomit up filth, insults and curses.

That's like smearing shit on something precious and then expecting the person you're offering it to will gladly accept it.

Maybe you should look at yourself trying to purposefully anger all the Christians that come here with you incessant pestering. You don't stop until you get a response of some sort and then revel if they become terse so you can point out the lack of Christianity.....it's like your game or something. Then, if they don't respond, you start a thread about them and cite the documentation you have been obsessively keeping at your home.

And you call me fubarred?

With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse human beings, who have been made in God’s likeness.[/size] [/size]

10 Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers and sisters, this should not be.[/size]

That's like smearing shit on something precious and then expecting the person you're offering it to will gladly accept it.

Maybe you should look at yourself trying to purposefully anger all the Christians that come here with you incessant pestering. You don't stop until you get a response of some sort and then revel if they become terse so you can point out the lack of Christianity.....it's like your game or something. Then, if they don't respond, you start a thread about them and cite the documentation you have been obsessively keeping at your home.

And you call me fubarred?

No.  sdelsolray is the one who thinks you're fubarred.

I just think that you've deceived yourself into believing that you know, love and worship Christ - when your behavior clearly shows that you don't.

End3's behavior is not so much due to his religion (although it plays a role) but primarily due to his emotional, psychological and mental health issues, of which he is in serious or complete denial.

So here's the dilemma S. My therapist guy doesn't take my new insurance. Now, I have to shell out a C note instead of the 40 bucks it used to take. It's money I don't really have at the moment. What would be your council in this matter? I think it would help as you say so I don't have to come here and splatter my shit, but I'd rather make sure I have enough money for you know, things like child support and necessities that my ex wife won't afford our children. Oh, and the 400 miles per week I drive to make sure they know Dad loves them. Again, your council?

• Super Moderator

Anything... ANYTHING... to keep from having to face the awful truth about yourself.

Anything... ANYTHING... to keep from having to face the awful truth about yourself.

Agree, Prof.

That was the intended purpose of End's 'fubarred' post.  To shift the focus off himself and onto someone else.  

What would that be in your opinion

If you 'get it' End, you should be able to answer that question yourself.

If you 'get it' End, you should be able to answer that question yourself.

You think I don't believe?

• Super Moderator

...he asks, not fully comprehending that in order for people to be willing to answer his questions, he must first show willingness to answer theirs.  And so the question goes unanswered, as his counterlocutor has neither the time nor the inclination to be bothered.

You think I don't believe?

I think you've deceived yourself that you do.

But as I've already said, your behavior is the true indicator of what's in your heart and your mind.

So what do you think your behavior says about your 'relationship' with Jesus Christ?