Lets debate

Jon

22 hours ago, L.B. said:

Um... where?!?

Just joshin ya.

11 minutes ago, midniterider said:

Just joshin ya.

:lol:

:crucified: <-- apparently, so were the writers of the bible. Not funny or convincing, though.

Jon,

When you've finished debating L.B., perhaps you'd like to tell me why you think the Lion's Den is named so?

Hint:

It's got nothing to do with Daniel 6.

Thanks,

BAA.

5 hours ago, bornagainathiest said:

Jon,

When you've finished debating L.B., perhaps you'd like to tell me why you think the Lion's Den is named so?

Hint:

Thanks,

BAA.

I suspect he's finished now...

I conclude that Jon does not (yet) understand what is required of him in a "debate" in the Arena subform utilizing the published debate rules (as conveniently provided to Jon by moderator Florduh).  Those rules are typical for formal debates.  I also conclude Jon is not (yet) capable of opening a debate in such a fashion.

No big deal.  Not surprising.  Time to move on? 

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

I suspect what Jon is currently thinking about his efforts here resembles the following:

success.jpg

Well, Jon missed the 3 day mark for posting his opening argument. Of course, I'm not the least bit surprised that when he finally got his chance for the debate that he begged for, he came up with absolutely NOTHING.

Yeah...... I guess there just wasn't enough to form a good arguement. Smh.... I hoped for more but this is what I expected.

• Super Moderator
3 hours ago, DarkBishop said:

Yeah...... I guess there just wasn't enough to form a good arguement. Smh.... I hoped for more but this is what I expected.

This is a pattern I've noticed with most of the christians who come here.  They all start out really strong; but then begin to falter against the counter-arguments presented.  Most eventually disappear all together; though, a few pop in occasionally for a bit of drive-by evangelism (I'm thinking of OrdinaryClay and Thumperina).  We've had one or two that got banned and tried to come back under different user names; but they got caught pretty quickly.  Then there's Ironhorse and End3, whose staying power stems from the fact that they don't really have a genuine message to share.  

You'd think that an everlasting god could produce servants with a bit more stamina; but he works in mysterious ways, I reckon.

Most theists, Christians being the by far the largest group, who post in forums or on social media are used to being able to simply assert their religious beliefs/dogma without question.  This is because they (and others in their religious group) do this with each other.  When they encounter skeptics, atheists, agnostics or theists holding different beliefs/dogma, many are stumped on what to do.  They aren't used to having their mere assertions and claims challenged.

Certainly, many of them have learned to present a litany of apologetics to defend against the challenges.  Typically, these apologetics are presented in similar fashion, by mere assertion.  Also, some are well versed in attacking some non-religious based bodies of knowledge/information they perceive as a challenging their beliefs/dogma, such as geology, biological evolution, etc.  But again, those attacks usually demonstrate the theist is quite ignorant of the body of knowledge/information they are attacking and usually take the form of a strawman fallacy of some sort.

Theists I encounter differ depending on how experienced they are communicating with those that do not believe as they do.  Some, like Jon, are quite inexperienced.  Others have years of experience and utilize an arsenal of push-back claims, statements and arguments. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

You'd think that an everlasting god could produce servants with a bit more stamina; but he works in mysterious ways, I reckon.

Assuming the god does not exist in the first place results in a much simpler explanation.

Damn, man, I thought I was going to see a fight debate.

Like the Prof and sdelsolray, I see a lot of Christians online who operate as though poking holes in details or aspects of skeptics' arguments amounts to establishing that Christianity is true - as though Christianity is the default position. The most they achieve most of the time is to set forth some assumptions on which Christianity might not be false.

I could come on here as a POE and keep the balls juggling for a long time, I think. But my strategy would be to shift the burden of proof onto the skeptic and then raise doubt about everything the skeptic says.

I'm still here.

I will stay until/if you ban me.

please tell me about nachmanodis,the man who saw 10 dimensions in the book of genesis,come on people do your best.

Regards jon

8 minutes ago, Jon said:

I'm still here.

please tell me about nachmanodis,the man who saw 10 dimensions in the book of genesis,come on people do your best.

Regards jon

Jon, Jon, Jon...

You said you wanted to debate.  LB agreed to debate you in the Arena.  You were invited to make your opening case and were given 72 hours to do so, in line with the Arena rules.  You came up with nothing.  All you seem to want to do is drive-bys like this where you toss these random non-question 'challenges' out the window.  We've got better things to do than respond to stuff like this.

• Like 2

Jon, you are wanted in the arena. Where you requested to be. As others have said.

31 minutes ago, Jon said:

I'm still here.

Regards jon

I am not your research assistant.  Please tell us about Nachmanodis. And tell me something I can't simply read in Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nachmanides

33 minutes ago, Jon said:

I'm still here.

Regards jon

This is Ironhorse's s.o.p.

"I'm here to stay" is his tagline.  He refuses to answer simple questions that stem from threads he starts (Logical Fallacy and I have been asking him to reply for months) and refuses to admit when his points have been refuted.  He also starts up new threads when there are issues pending in his old ones.  The Mods have even locked his new threads to 'encourage' him to engage with other members waiting on his replies in old ones.  

Is Jon a sock-puppet manifestation of Ironhorse?

Even if he isn't, he looks like a clone in the making.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Jon, by now many people just have you on "ignore" because you do nothing but make assertions and quote Scripture, which many of us know better than you do. By not responding or engaging with facts or arguments, by not making good on your debate challenge, people will simply lose interest in reading your posts. You don't get banned for being unresponsive, it's self regulating. Have a nice day, somewhere else if not here. Cheers!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jon said:

I'm still here.

Regards jon

Later buddy.  Have fun talkin to yourself. 

You really wimped out. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jon said:

I'm still here.

Regards jon

Jon............. just..... damn. Your just kinda disappointing now. When I was at my christian peek I would have at least tried to stand toe to toe in a debate. Maybe you should go study for awhile and then come back when you actually know something about the bible. If this were a western you would be a yellow belly coward. 

DB

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jon said:

I'm still here.

Regards jon

You won't get banned just for being a Christian, but you do have some gall coming on here and asking about silly-ass nonsense after you refused to partake in the debate that you yourself begged for.

If your Jesus were real, then he'd be very upset with you. Just sayin'....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jon said:

I'm still here.

Regards jon

Please tell me about the existance of the God of the Bible. Get thee to the arena.

Come on Jon. Do your best.

9 hours ago, Jon said:

I'm still here.

Regards jon

Yawn, next Christian, please.

12 hours ago, Jon said:

I'm still here.

Regards jon

tenor.gif

• Like 1

On 4/14/2017 at 8:21 PM, bornagainathiest said:

Jon,

Hint:

Thanks,

BAA.

Ok Jon,

I'll give you the answer.

The Lion's Den is where we Lions (metaphorically) hunt down, kill and eat Christians like yourself.  

You have been warned!

376a4a6130b57265e6841dc6b4e92d56 - Copy by redjak6t4

• Like 1