Goodbye Jesus

#metoo

Bedouin

23 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Could be mummy issues?

That would be mommy issues unless you are referencing Egypt,  an Abbott and Costello movie, or are from some weirdo middle earth country, but yeah.

2 minutes ago, Burnedout said:

What's my mother got with this?  I just used her as an example.  There are plenty of people who are like that.  I am really not interested in talking to her.  :blink:

When did you first stop wanting to have sex with your mother?  :scratch:

4 minutes ago, Burnedout said:

I think Fwee has been rubbing off on you.  Now you are getting strange.  :ph34r:

You keep bringing up Fweethawt when I ask about your mother, but I'm getting strange. Ok.

When was the last time you got a little strange?  :scratch:

1 hour ago, duderonomy said:

That would be mommy issues unless you are referencing Egypt,  an Abbott and Costello movie, or are from some weirdo middle earth country, but yeah.

I am from NZ. The US is not THE WORLD. Here, and in other countries we say mum and mummy and re are not referring to Egyptian mummies we are referring to our mothers. :P:)

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

I am from NZ. The US is not THE WORLD. Here, and in other countries we say mum and mummy and re are not referring to Egyptian mummies we are referring to our mothers. :P:)

The U.S. is not the world? This is the first I've heard of this!  

Just kidding. We know some of you other people use our language and add a funny accent and spelling to match. That's ok.  

.  Sorry about that.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mymistake said:

When are you guys going to learn American Standard English?   :D

Forgive my french, but American English is a fucking bastard child of what was an unholy conglomerate language anyway.

What's more you nuts drive on the wrong side of the road! You have different plugs. What's wrong with you people? :P :lmao:

Okay. This has gone totally sideways.  Asking any mod to lock this topic.  The last few posts should have been PM’s, as they have nothing whatsoever to do with the topic. Again, thank you to all of the serious responders. You’ve all given me much to think about.

2 hours ago, Bedouin said:

Okay. This has gone totally sideways.  Asking any mod to lock this topic.  The last few posts should have been PM’s, as they have nothing whatsoever to do with the topic. Again, thank you to all of the serious responders. You’ve all given me much to think about.

Back on topic boys. Thanks! 

• Thanks 1

OK.  The topic is #metoo.  I don't have the education that many of you have.  Never went to college, don't have a degree in anything.  But I DO know life.  I DO have accomplishments that many of you don't have.  Doesn't make me any better or any worse than anyone else here.  I know right from wrong.  I understand that I have no right whatsoever to degrade any other human being.  Nor will I stand for the same directed at me.

What I'm asking about is injustice.  What I'm concerned about is a mere allegation.

Yes, employers have an obligation to protect their employees, no doubt.  That's how unions were formed, and still play a role. 

But unsubstantiated claims?  Really?  Read El Trumpo's tweets.  He attacks attacks, attacks...with no...I repeat NO facts to back up his slanderous statements.

Politics aside, eggshells seem to be the steps that we must take.  When does this stop?  How can we, as human beings, regardless of gender, come to the place of mutual respect?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Forgive my french, but American English is a fucking bastard child of what was an unholy conglomerate language anyway.

What's more you nuts drive on the wrong side of the road! You have different plugs. What's wrong with you people? :P :lmao:

Well, we here in the States (as well as the rest of the civilized world) drive on the right side of the road because of science.

You see, most people that drive are "right handed", as in their dominant hand is on the right side of their body. It's only natural to drive on the right side of the road in order to protect our strongest side, and it also works because of instinct because one will naturally protect his weakest side, thus one will be more alert and aware of oncoming traffic that may pose a threat in the event of a crash.

2 hours ago, Margee said:

Back on topic boys. Thanks! 

Just saw this. Will do, unless some New Zealander gets all up in my face.  Plus, you look really good in red.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bedouin said:

OK.  The topic is #metoo.  I don't have the education that many of you have.  Never went to college, don't have a degree in anything.  But I DO know life.  I DO have accomplishments that many of you don't have.  Doesn't make me any better or any worse than anyone else here.  I know right from wrong.  I understand that I have no right whatsoever to degrade any other human being.  Nor will I stand for the same directed at me.

What I'm asking about is injustice.  What I'm concerned about is a mere allegation.

Yes, employers have an obligation to protect their employees, no doubt.  That's how unions were formed, and still play a role. 

But unsubstantiated claims?  Really?  Read El Trumpo's tweets.  He attacks attacks, attacks...with no...I repeat NO facts to back up his slanderous statements.

Politics aside, eggshells seem to be the steps that we must take.  When does this stop?  How can we, as human beings, regardless of gender, come to the place of mutual respect?

Bedouin,

Believe it or not I have been following what you and others are saying in this thread, despite my off topic goofy posts.

In the interest of staying on topic though, are we going to talk about sexual harassment in the workplace or are we going to trash El Trumpo's tweets?

dude...I'd much rather discuss inappropriate sexual behavior in the workplace in particular.  But, we need to take into consideration the fact that, the "leader of the free world," has in fact, by his own admission, been an abuser.  Let's not engage in useless back and forth in politics.  This goes way deeper than that.  This goes to straight up human dignity. 

6 hours ago, Bedouin said:

the "leader of the free world," has in fact, by his own admission, been an abuser.

It could have been all talk, too. Posturing, you know. Appearing macho by expressing ridiculously over-the-top misogyny. It's just because it's Trump that we might actually believe it. Anyone else say that? Obvious joke. 4d-chess-wise it might not have been a good move as come candidacy it's top headline material. Finest shit to fling. Then again, he won anyway, so maybe it was a good move.

If he really has done it, I suppose it's such a special case we can only shrug. I mean he can buy his way out. If the victims (assuming they exist) are pacified by the money instead of continuing to pursue justice, that's their problem I suppose, and speaks of Trump's good judgement at approaching women who like money first and foremost.

2 hours ago, ToHellWithMe said:

If he really has done it, I suppose it's such a special case we can only shrug. I mean he can buy his way out. If the victims (assuming they exist) are pacified by the money instead of continuing to pursue justice, that's their problem I suppose . . 

He didn't pay everyone.  Probably just the ones with enough power to hurt him.  I bet he didn't pay that 10 year old girl he was creeping on near the escalator.  Any other 70 year old man looks into a camera and brags about how he will soon be dating her would get arrested.  Sometimes rich and powerful men get away with it because society lets them do anything.  The #metoo movement is accomplishing a lot of good.  And we need it to accomplish more.

2 minutes ago, mymistake said:

I bet he didn't pay that 10 year old girl he was creeping on near the escalator.  Any other 70 year old man looks into a camera and brags about how he will soon be dating her would get arrested.

That's new to me. I googled it up and:

Trump turns to the camera and says, "I am going to be dating her in 10 years. Can you believe it?"

So, another boastful joke. Not a crime.

If she heard it and understood it, sure she could be uncomfortable if she's been fed with victim narratives or offended if she's got a spine instead, but is this really where you want to draw the line? How about instead of criminalizing this you teach girls they don't need to give a shit about words like that? That they can even serve them back? That they have no less agency than men in a civilized context where violence is not an option?

23 minutes ago, ToHellWithMe said:

So, another boastful joke. Not a crime.

If she heard it and understood it, sure she could be uncomfortable if she's been fed with victim narratives or offended if she's got a spine instead, but is this really where you want to draw the line? How about instead of criminalizing this you teach girls they don't need to give a shit about words like that? That they can even serve them back? That they have no less agency than men in a civilized context where violence is not an option?

I do not expect 10 year old girls to be able to fend off sexual attention from 70 year old men.  That is the job of the other decent adults nearby.  If it had happened in my state if would have been a crime.  Not sure which state it happened in or what the laws there look like so it might have not been a crime.  However the teenage girls he barged in on probably were victims of crimes and his "boastful jokes" would have been admissions of guilt if a normal man who has to play by normal rules behaved that way.  But when the perp has all the power over your life charges don't get pressed. 

Just now, mymistake said:

his "boastful jokes" would have been admissions of guilt if a normal man who has to play by normal rules behaved that way

Disregarding everything I disagree with in your message, I'll take this one bit instead. Because it's probably the crux of #metoo anyway. If you're in a high enough position, you can avoid repercussions for sexual offences lesser men can be easily destroyed with.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Burnedout said:

I think it's funny as hell.  All these whinybot snowflakes want to have selective outrage.  If it is Trump, they will bitch and whine, I have to ask, where the fuck where they when Bill Clinton raped women and used one in the fucking oval office.  JESUS H. CHRIIIIIIIIIIST.  Some of ya'll need to get a life. 

I believe 'they' were impeaching him at the time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, midniterider said:

I believe 'they' were impeaching him at the time.

Exactly what I was going to say. Took the words off my keyboard.

Deleted...Forgot this was rants and replies. Not totally off topic. 

At this point they just want us to submit and meekly live under the Damoclean sword.

DVY_aHfWAAANLaj.jpg

4 hours ago, ToHellWithMe said:

At this point they just want us to submit and meekly live under the Damoclean sword.

I'm not sure how they can resolve this.  Men generally find women attractive.  If some men know they can't handle such close contact then isn't it the right thing to avoid the situation?  Men are afraid to even look at a woman wrong and wind up being accused of having impure thoughts (a.k.a. objectifying/sexualizing/creeping).  It's a lot of pressure.

The metoo movement needs to focus on getting rid of the sexual assaulters who are insulated by wealth and power.

Bill Bur and co share their thoughts. Some interesting points.