Goodbye Jesus

Side Gallery: LuthAMF vs Joshpantera

LogicalFallacy

1 hour ago, LuthAMF said:

all strawmen are liars who have never proven anything, even the ones who became college presidents

You said this. I didn't. This  is the strawnan to which you referred,  jackass. 

• Super Moderator
9 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

all strawmen are liars who have never proven anything, even the ones who became college presidents

You said this. I didn't. This  is the strawnan to which you referred,  jackass. 

Since you apparently are this fucking stupid, let me explain: I said this in response to the strawman YOU made by bringing these guys up when Josh called on you to support your claims.  

Do you understand now, or am I still using too many big words?

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Since you apparently are this fucking stupid, let me explain: I said this in response to the strawman YOU made by bringing these guys up when Josh called on you to support your claims.  

Do you understand now, or am I still using too many big words?

You don't what youre saying at this point

Wipe the slobber off your chin. You've got strawmen speaking lies. Read it back to yourself.  You wrote it. Never met a straw man that could speak.

Pfffft. Whatever. 

• Super Moderator

Wow...

• Super Moderator

This is gold for the lurkers.

• Haha 1

The slobber is strong with this one.

(Not you prof, the other one. ;) ).

• Haha 2

You've got strawmen speaking lies. Read it back to yourself.  You wrote it. Never met a straw man that could speak.

Really? Really Luth. Going for a literal interpretation of what a strawman is? You really think that TRP is referring to a literal strawman that can literally speak? You don't think he might be referring to you using strawman arguments in your debate maybe?

I dunno… maybe the Prof is referring to a literal strawman who can speak? Who knows? Apparent snakes and donkeys talk so why not strawmen?

• Haha 1

• Super Moderator

One might say he's full of spit.

• Haha 1

The whole freakin thing is ridiculous.  Have your fun. Who cares. Oh right. Those hungry lurkers just dying for someone to guide them along. 

6 hours ago, LuthAMF said:

Of course it is. Got anything else?

I got Lifesavers. Want one?

1 hour ago, florduh said:

This is gold for the lurkers.

You can't make this shit up...

🤣

Golden, absolutely golden.....

Lurkers!!! Oh, LURKERS!!!

Care to identify yourselves? Anybody out there straddling a fence hoping to be pushed off to one side? 

Anybody? Anybody at all...

Guess it's just egos.

37 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

Lurkers!!! Oh, LURKERS!!!

Care to identify yourselves? Anybody out there straddling a fence hoping to be pushed off to one side? 

Anybody? Anybody at all...

Guess it's just egos.

Or 5,700 plus views and counting.....

9 minutes ago, Joshpantera said:

Pfffft… fake numbers.

Its just you looking at the thread 5000+ times :D 

• Haha 2

• Super Moderator

Luth:  jesus is real

Ex-c chorus:  prove it

Luth:  I don't have to.  The bible already proved it.

Ex-c chorus:  so prove the bible is true.

Luth:  I don't have to.  god already proved it.

Ex-c chorus:  prove that god exists.

Luth:  I don't have to.  It's accepted a priori. 

Ex-c chorus:  ...

This clown has nothing more to offer but unfounded assertions, strawman arguments, and ad hominems.  If this is the best that an "omnipotent" god has to offer, then jesus is as big a joke as Luth is.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Joshpantera said:

I don't know how they're tallied  but why are these people sneaking around? Who are they waiting to ambush? If their numbers are that big LOOK OUT they're gonna take over.

1 hour ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Luth:  jesus is real

Ex-c chorus:  prove it

Luth:  I don't have to.  The bible already proved it.

Ex-c chorus:  so prove the bible is true.

Luth:  I don't have to.  god already proved it.

Ex-c chorus:  prove that god exists.

Luth:  I don't have to.  It's accepted a priori. 

Ex-c chorus:  ...

This clown has nothing more to offer but unfounded assertions, strawman arguments, and ad hominems.  If this is the best that an "omnipotent" god has to offer, then jesus is as big a joke as Luth is.

That about sums it up. 

• Super Moderator

And the pigeon goes off to wherever they go to brag about their prowess in chess.

• Admin

I believe Luth's position and style of arguing may be adequately explained here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presuppositional_apologetics

Sad to admit, but many years ago I would have argued alongside him. 

2 hours ago, Joshpantera said:

That about sums it up. 

Thanks Josh!

'Preciate it.

2 hours ago, webmdave said:

I believe Luth's position and style of arguing may be adequately explained here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presuppositional_apologetics

Sad to admit, but many years ago I would have argued alongside him. 

Label it. So What? Does that make it wrong. Do you have none yourself?

4 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

Label it. So What? Does that make it wrong. Do you have none yourself?

Thank you for acknowledging that you're a presuppositionalist. I'll list a few common presuppositions from a rationalwiki article on the subject and address them as a naturalist as an example of how you might communicate an honest, personal opinion while citing from other sources:

• A God exists.
    • I doubt this, especially one that humans would be able to relate to.
  • Spirituality exists.
    •  Humans (but not canines) have at least one soul.
      • I doubt this, as personality and memories are tied so strongly to the brain and its health and survival.
    • An afterlife (as distinct from reincarnation) exists.
      • I doubt this, as personality and memories are tied so strongly to the brain and its health and survival.
  • A universe (and its included creatures and critters[6]) implies creation.
    • I disagree. The nature of the universe is one of death and chaos, not of life and intelligent design.
  • Divine omniscience interacts in some mysterious way with free will.
    • Though I have not managed to adequately resolve the tension between determinism and free will, I don't see anyone steering the ship.
  • Human nature inclines to anti-social behavior[7] (sin).
    • We all act selfishly at times but have evolved in community and tend to act altruistically at times as well.

I can expound on my reasoning for coming to these conclusions and provide sources if you're interested. I would expect the same from someone else with a reasonable amount of integrity. And, no, Christianity did not invent the concept of integrity, nor do I consider it authoritative on the subject.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TrueFreedom said:

Thank you for acknowledging that you're a presuppositionalist. I'll list a few common presuppositions from a rationalwiki article on the subject and address them as a naturalist as an example of how you might communicate an honest, personal opinion while citing from other sources:

• A God exists.
    • I doubt this, especially one that humans would be able to relate to.
  • Spirituality exists.
    •  Humans (but not canines) have at least one soul.
    • An afterlife (as distinct from reincarnation) exists.
  • A universe (and its included creatures and critters[6]) implies creation.
    • I disagree. The nature of the universe is one of death and chaos, not of life and intelligent design.
  • Divine omniscience interacts in some mysterious way with free will.
    • Though I have not managed to adequately resolve the tension between determinism and free will, I don't see anyone steering the ship.
  • Human nature inclines to anti-social behavior[7] (sin).
    • We all act selfishly at times but have evolved in community and tend to act altruistically at times as well.

I can expound on my reasoning for coming to these conclusions and provide sources if you're interested. I would expect the same from someone else with a reasonable amount of integrity. And, no, Christianity did not invent the concept of integrity, nor do I consider it authoritative on the subject.

NNNNNNOOOOOOOO... Not WIKI!!!!!

4 hours ago, LuthAMF said:

I don't know how they're tallied  but why are these people sneaking around? Who are they waiting to ambush? If their numbers are that big LOOK OUT they're gonna take over.

They may be in a family which has instituted a corporate belief system of Christianity. They have been taught to never question Christianity. Questioning results in sanctions against them or in some cases physical abuse. So they just lurk. Watching is not questioning, necessarily. Some probably just read without getting an account. Others may get an account but never post. People on some other forums use throw away accounts because their believer spouse or siblings will recognize them when they do post about the emotional manipulation their family engages in. Everyday (elsewhere) I read posts where someone wants to tell their parents they dont believe in Jesus but are afraid of the fallout. Some are already dealing with the fallout after spilling the beans. Sometimes somebody comes out to their spouse so now they are doing damage control with their marriage. 

Some people are so programmed by Christianity that they cannot conceive of letting a family member have their own freedom of thought. These type of Christians insist that family members 'believe' in Jesus through coercion, though they dont seem to think that real belief can't be forced. 

• Thanks 1

• Super Moderator

Telling us what ought to have been rather than what was done.  ~Luth

Yes, how dare we look to history to tell us what happened... in history.