Goodbye Jesus

Why does the Christian God treat women as inferior to men?

LeiaBryant

• Super Moderator
7 hours ago, LeiaBryant said:

Hypothetical if the God of the KJV was real would you rebel against him?

I live out there where the foxes fuck.  I commute an hour every morning for work.  In the evenings I work around the family farm; and on Sundays I shop for groceries at a local Asian market.

However, if the KJV god existed, I'd live out there where the foxes fuck.  I'd commute an hour every morning for work.  In the evenings I'd work around the family farm; and on Sundays I'd shop for groceries at a local Asian market.

Wouldn't change a damn thing.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, LeiaBryant said:

A lot of it in fact my Goddess Inanna is a semitic deity , part of the same panthon as YHVH perhaps . I am not as familiar with Bible contradictions but I am eager to learn. I would like to know more about what the SDAs believe.

Perhaps. I don't know for sure. But El Elyon was originally the universal god. YHWH was not. And El was associated with the planet Saturn. I have long suspected that the semitic deity associated with Saturn has something to do with the jewish sabbath, worshipping god on the day of the week given as "Saturn's Day." Seventh Day Adventists are literalists. The world was created in six literal days. God rested on the seventh. The day was forever sacred. And then pin salvation down to those who keep the sabbath in the end times. But, it's likely that the whole thing is based on the worship of an old semitic deity associated with Saturn. 

Christians are stuck with the situation that the bible has pagan origins. They condemn paganism, but paganism is so rooted into their own belief system that it can hardly be removed from it. Upon realizing this, my next question was what are the pagan gods, then? Do they represent something? And I went into reading about mythology and poured over Joseph Campbell's books and lectures on world mythology. He compares judaism and christianity to their pagan neighbors and points out the similarities. Further than that, Campbell gets into 'myth as metaphor.' Which is critical to understanding the question of what the pagan gods represented which informed the evolution of the judeo christian religion. 

I would recommend this type of reading. I found it very helpful in gaining a wider perspective of the situation. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LeiaBryant said:

Strictly speaking, yes. 

If the literal depiction was real I'd want nothing to do with it. It's a cosmic bully, misogynistic, murder ordering tyrant. Demanding praise and worship at threat of eternal torment and damnation. A cosmic narcissist. I can't imagine cowering down to threats or ego stroking some narcissist in this way. 

But it's mythology. Written down by misogynistic and narcissistic bronze religious authorities whose personalities are transparent in their writing style and format. That's who we're actually rebelling against. If you haven't read Campbell, try looking into it.

How about reading, "Thou Art That: transforming religious metaphor."

I think you'd like it. It's critical of judeo-christianity but very uplifting at the same time. 

• Like 3

• Super Moderator
10 hours ago, LeiaBryant said:

That would be pointless since he has the final say, according to the story. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Joshpantera said:

Strictly speaking, yes. 

If the literal depiction was real I'd want nothing to do with it. It's a cosmic bully, misogynistic, murder ordering tyrant. Demanding praise and worship at threat of eternal torment and damnation. A cosmic narcissist. I can't imagine cowering down to threats or ego stroking some narcissist in this way. 

But it's mythology. Written down by misogynistic and narcissistic bronze religious authorities whose personalities are transparent in their writing style and format. That's who we're actually rebelling against. If you haven't read Campbell, try looking into it.

How about reading, "Thou Art That: transforming religious metaphor."

I think you'd like it. It's critical of judeo-christianity but very uplifting at the same time. 

I will look into this book , thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

If the god of the KJV were real then would I need the KJV?  The god would present itself and I would think it could better than to point at the KJV and disappear but maybe not?  Nonetheless, if a god appears, and it can be shown that whatever appears is a capital-G God, then I would probably be an idiot for not obeying it *if* it demanded such a thing.  I can't imagine why any sort of god would want this from us though.  It's like wanting something on the scale of bacteria, or far smaller than that really, engaging in any sort of meaningful relationship with any of us.  The whole concept is stupid on the face of it as far as I'm concerned.    

mwc

• Like 2

On 3/13/2020 at 6:30 PM, Joshpantera said:

The god, as it turns out, is more plural than mono. There were gods, originally. The Elohim. They were later refined down to one of the gods, YHWH the national god of Israel. In Genesis it was still plural. And it wasn't the trinity. That concept hadn't been made up yet. 

That is correct, in Genesis 1:1, the substance which formed the expanse of space in the beginning was created by Elohim, or the gods.  The term 'gods' may very well have a different meaning than what is cited by man made doctrines, but then again believers can't believe all things.

But I am sure you are aware, the Biblical term 'create' infers the act in which something is brought into existence that has never existed, in either nature or substance, prior to the time it is created.  Whereas evolve infers the process by which an existent substance develops or is made into a new or different form having the same nature or substance from which it originated from.  

Thus, evolution and creationism are simply doctrines of ontological monism which reject the dualistic nature of matter.   

On 3/11/2020 at 9:38 AM, LeiaBryant said:

My Goddess has blessed me with freedom.

Do you actually believe that Inanna is a real entity or is this metaphorical (Like my Invisible pink Unicorn per my profile... I don't actually believe I am thrust upon by the great horn. Nor do I feel the need to pay the six nippled one any respect for that matter either.)

On 3/11/2020 at 9:38 AM, LeiaBryant said:

So I reiterate the thread topic ,why does your God consider me inferior to a man?

This is clearly directed to Christian's/Jews however my answer having been a Christian is along the same lines as others here. The bible was written in a time and in a culture where women were largely regarded as chattles to be bargained. 

If I put my Christian hat on, the reason that men are above woman is because man was created first (Adam) and Eve was made from his ribcage rather than directly created from clay and therefore is inferior to man. That's what the reasoning was in my church behind men being head of the house, women not having authority over a man, or not speaking in church, or even not having the vote. Leave it to many Christian men (And some women) and women wouldn't be allowed to vote. Equality is such a secular concept you see.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Do you actually believe that Inanna is a real entity or is this metaphorical (Like my Invisible pink Unicorn per my profile... I don't actually believe I am thrust upon by the great horn. Nor do I feel the need to pay the six nippled one any respect for that matter either.)

This is clearly directed to Christian's/Jews however my answer having been a Christian is along the same lines as others here. The bible was written in a time and in a culture where women were largely regarded as chattles to be bargained. 

If I put my Christian hat on, the reason that men are above woman is because man was created first (Adam) and Eve was made from his ribcage rather than directly created from clay and therefore is inferior to man. That's what the reasoning was in my church behind men being head of the house, women not having authority over a man, or not speaking in church, or even not having the vote. Leave it to many Christian men (And some women) and women wouldn't be allowed to vote. Equality is such a secular concept you see.

Yes I believe my Goddess is a real entity .She is just as real as the Christian God and the fae . I hope some christians actually respond to my opening post.

1 hour ago, Justus said:

That is correct, in Genesis 1:1, the substance which formed the expanse of space in the beginning was created by Elohim, or the gods.  The term 'gods' may very well have a different meaning than what is cited by man made doctrines, but then again believers can't believe all things.

But I am sure you are aware, the Biblical term 'create' infers the act in which something is brought into existence that has never existed, in either nature or substance, prior to the time it is created.  Whereas evolve infers the process by which an existent substance develops or is made into a new or different form having the same nature or substance from which it originated from.  

Thus, evolution and creationism are simply doctrines of ontological monism which reject the dualistic nature of matter.   

What do you think of the opening post of this thread?

40 minutes ago, LeiaBryant said:

Yes I believe my Goddess is a real entity .She is just as real as the Christian God and the fae .

Ok... um... so not real then?

Forgive me but your post has me confused. (I'm bad at reading intent and meaning at times) On one hand you could be perfectly serious and therefore believe that Yahweh actually exists, and the fae as well it would seem (And all the other gods too?)

On the other hand you could be being sarcastic... like yeah my god is real like the moon made of green cheese is real... in other words neither is real.

So which is it?

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Adam was clearly a Damn Yankee.  I know this because...

Ain't no Southern man gonna share his ribs with no woman.

• Haha 3

On 3/10/2020 at 3:38 PM, LeiaBryant said:

The Bible commands me to be slient in church and not to speak,is your God afraid of women's questions?

Nope,  that is why he tells the married male and female to ask Him at home.  

34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

1 Cor 14:34-35

9 hours ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Ok... um... so not real then?

Forgive me but your post has me confused. (I'm bad at reading intent and meaning at times) On one hand you could be perfectly serious and therefore believe that Yahweh actually exists, and the fae as well it would seem (And all the other gods too?)

On the other hand you could be being sarcastic... like yeah my god is real like the moon made of green cheese is real... in other words neither is real.

So which is it?

Zero sarcasm. Inanna is a real entity that can be channeled just like the spirit of a dead person.

• Super Moderator
3 minutes ago, LeiaBryant said:

Zero sarcasm. Inanna is a real entity that can be channeled just like the spirit of a dead person.

Sorry, I demand evidence just as I would from a Christian. First, establish that dead people can be channeled and then prove the existence of Inanna. 

3 minutes ago, florduh said:

Sorry, I demand evidence just as I would from a Christian. First, establish that dead people can be channeled and then prove the existence of Inanna. 

Working on evidence of channeling the dead. I will get back to you when I have proof. My only evidence right now is enough to convince me but not anyone else.

5 hours ago, Justus said:

Nope,  that is why he tells the married male and female to ask Him at home.  

34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

1 Cor 14:34-35

So your God is afraid of me questioning authority in the church. I can't question the preacher even if my question is just doctrinal disagreement on the interpretation of the Bible. My rejection of Christianity could have been avoided if your religion wasn't so damn authoritarian.

40 minutes ago, LeiaBryant said:

I'm going to go opposite to Florduh:

Inanna being a real entity is a God claim. Demonstrate her existance please.

Channelling a dead person is a separate claim, one we've talked about, and not nessesarily contingent on a God. Again I've yet to see evidence this is actually a thing.

LeiaBryant, in my country is against the law to stop a priest doing his job (meaning in the church, but not said in the law).

But this is usseles, because the cult law say that the state can close a cult if poses danger for people (diseases etc.)

28 minutes ago, Skeptics said:

LeiaBryant, in my country is against the law to stop a priest doing his job (meaning in the church, but not said in the law).

But this is usseles, because the cult law say that the state can close a cult if poses danger for people (diseases etc.)

Your profile say Romania, would you check to see if the NIFB exist in your country, please.

11 minutes ago, LeiaBryant said:

Your profile say Romania, would you check to see if the NIFB exist in your country, please.

Yes, Romania. No, just the regular baptist churches, which some (priests will say all) orthodox people are against baptists.

But as we know, orthodox people play the Jesus card, love all people, but is only "love".

4 hours ago, LogicalFallacy said:

I'm going to go opposite to Florduh:

Inanna being a real entity is a God claim. Demonstrate her existance please.

Channelling a dead person is a separate claim, one we've talked about, and not nessesarily contingent on a God. Again I've yet to see evidence this is actually a thing.

I am working on evidence for my claim I will get back to you if/when I find evidence.

3 hours ago, Skeptics said:

Yes, Romania. No, just the regular baptist churches, which some (priests will say all) orthodox people are against baptists.

But as we know, orthodox people play the Jesus card, love all people, but is only "love".

How do pagans/ witches get treated in Romania? By the way my DNA test results say I have some Romanian ancestry so I want to know more about the country.

On 3/25/2020 at 2:41 PM, LeiaBryant said:

So your God is afraid of me questioning authority in the church. I can't question the preacher even if my question is just doctrinal disagreement on the interpretation of the Bible. My rejection of Christianity could have been avoided if your religion wasn't so damn authoritarian.

What did you want a relationship with?  the Church or God?

3 minutes ago, Justus said:

What did you want a relationship with?  the Church or God?

With God of course and instead of doing miracles like the disciplines in the book of Acts all I got is a book of rules and authoritarians who enforce them. Miracles are another name for magick and I have something now. Christianity didn't give that to me.