Goodbye Jesus

Example: Human behaviour from today and in the OT proves bible god is not real

Steviejay

1 hour ago, SilentVoice said:

Why would a big bang send out trillions of galaxies and make a flat surface that doesn't move? These ideas can't co-exist.

On this one point, we agree.

I live on a flat earth in a high rise flat with my flat Bible. Oh shit, my neighbor Elvis Presley has just told me that my car space ship has a flat tyre. I feel flat and deflated now

Shit shit.... aliens aliens..there coming towards me...I'm being abducted...help, help... Heeeeelllllppppppppp 

I'm alright now. I just prayed to Jesus and he was amazing. He rebuked the aliens

• Super Moderator
24 minutes ago, SilentVoice said:

I know more about big bang and abiogenesis than you do. I guess that makes you even stupider? I'm getting confused. This is supposed to be the Lion's den. You're supposed to be bullying and devouring me, I'm supposed to be at your mercy but all you can do is hurl insults and claim that I don't know what I'm talking about. You may be suffering from psychosis.

Big bang; something (maybe a 'quantum wave fluctuation' causing nothing (emphasis added) to explode out of a theoretical realm of potentiality that sent incomprehensible amounts of matter ever-expanding outwards from the size of a pin head in a hot dense state that took billions of years to cool down and form condensed pockets of matter which eventually turned in to stars and planets, and you just happen to live on one of them.

Abiogenesis; life starting from non-life, completely separated from God.

Both ideas are stupid and wrong but you'll find out eventually.

No, then you do not know more about the Big Bang. The theory does not say there was nothing. If you want to hear someone speak intelligently on the Big Bang or cosmology in general, watch some lectures by Lawrence M. Krauss.

1 minute ago, Hierophant said:

No, then you do not know more about the Big Bang. The theory does not say there was nothing. If you want to hear someone speak intelligently on the Big Bang or cosmology in general, watch some lectures by Lawrence M. Krauss.

Ah yes, Lawrence M. Krauss, the guy who, with a straight face, told people that he had weighed all the energy in the universe and weighed all the dark energy and they were 50/50 equal meaning that the big bang could happen with a fluctuation of <insert some other stupid nonsense>.

Yeah, you weighed all those billions of stars, didn't you, my dude? Cool.

Hey, I've got some magic beans, do you want to buy some?

• Super Moderator

@SilentVoice The conversation has become pointless. You are not open to hearing or understanding anything outside of your own echo chamber.

10 minutes ago, SilentVoice said:

Ah yes, Lawrence M. Krauss, the guy who, with a straight face, told people that he had weighed all the energy in the universe and weighed all the dark energy and they were 50/50 equal meaning that the big bang could happen with a fluctuation of <insert some other stupid nonsense>.

Yeah, you weighed all those billions of stars, didn't you, my dude? Cool.

Hey, I've got some magic beans, do you want to buy some?

Are your magic beans named the Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit?

• Super Moderator

Y'all ready for me to lock this pointless thread,  or are y'all still having fun with your little troll friend?

1 hour ago, Steviejay said:

That's what I've thought for a long time now that he's a nutter. 

People, we are wasting our time with this guy. He needs professional help. It doesn't matter what any of us say to the contrary. He's got little voices inside his head

He had no credibility with his xtianity but now he's in minus figures with regards to respect being a flat rather

One word springs to mind 

Unbelievable 

He's also a self-centered little shit, but who's counting?

On 6/23/2020 at 11:29 AM, SilentVoice said:

I was attacked by a demon. I've been attacked quite a few times by them actually. One time was very scary, it literally forced my voice out of me, it tried to get me to say "there is no god but *llah". Fortunately I was able to rebuke them in Jesus' name. As soon as you use the name of Jesus, they panic. They do everything in their power to close your mouth to stop you from sending them to hell.

I haven't read through every single post, SilentVoice, but I've seen enough. This statement (above) tells me your real "demons" are your doubts. Your brainwashing is so engrained that you have devised a mental fantasy as a means of coping with those doubts.  I truly feel compassion for you and I hope that you are one day able to open your mind enough to entertain the possibility that perhaps you have been fooled.

I'm out. 

SV snipped this important portion of my post out of his reply...

First, for the sake of further clarification, let me just say that the group of scientists I've been asking about aren't THE particular scientists who published the article about those sulphur deposits.  No.  What I'd like you to do please, is to consider how ANY group of scientists would perform their investigation.  Yes, they'd certainly do as you say and find what they can agree upon.  

...and then returned to attacking the conclusions of the scientists who published the article about the sulphur deposits, cited earlier in this thread. 

Then he wrote this.

You don't even have a problem with their conclusion. You're saying that it's the best working practice to simply pick an explanation contrary to the results, as to 'not offend anyone'. That's not scientific.  

Well, of course I don't have a problem with the conclusion of the scientists who published that study!

That's because I'm not considering them and I clearly asked SV not to consider them.

Two different things.  Two different groups of scientists.  One real and with published results and one hypothetical, with no published results.

Nor did I say that it was the best working practice for any scientist to pick an explanation contrary to the results.

The group of scientists I asked SV to consider haven't picked anything - because they are hypothetical.  

I won't engage in any further dialogue with somebody who changes the meaning and intent of my posts like this.

Walter.

30 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Y'all ready for me to lock this pointless thread,  or are y'all still having fun with your little troll friend?

I’d say he’s served his purpose in the Lion’s Den.  Or rather OUR purpose, which is helping people leaving Christianity.  I’d venture to say this will push some fence-sitters over the line into Ex-Christian territory.  Some Christians are better than their god, more humane, more merciful.  They help keep Christianity going by making it seem less crazy.  Not our new friend.  

• Like 1

"Be careful when debating an idiot, for others may not be able to tell the difference" I believe is a quote or paraphrase about the dangers of continuing to carry on pointless discussions. 

I say we lock the thread.

Something about playing chess with pigeons seems relevant. There is nothing useful to see here.

• Super Moderator

It's settled, then.  I'm locking it.