Goodbye Jesus

What causes Uncertainty?

pittsburghjoe

1 minute ago, pittsburghjoe said:

The brain is using the same thing we see in interference patterns. The physical brain is translating what we are thinking from it. Alzheimer's disease shows a signal that gets messed up from a physical brain that is mushy. All quantum effects can be attributed to interference. All quantum effects have to be unobserved and coherent.

A soul connects to the Vector Field of Waves.

Brain activity before you react to an event that didn't happen yet:

https://www.wired.com/2008/04/mind-decision/

The physical brain is a playback device.

Well now we know that either:

a) you're just "trolling", posting silliness to elicit a reaction.

b) you're not mentally well.

It's stuff I already posted in another thread on this site. You keep asking the same questions and ignoring my answers.

4 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

It's stuff I already posted in another thread on this site. You keep asking the same questions and ignoring my answers.

Because your posts here are just silliness.

I really don't believe that you believe the bizarre stuff you're posting.

1 hour ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Most people are using the colloquial version of "proof" in the context of 'proving God'. While I agree with the technicality of your post Walter, getting upset about it in this thread is a waste of time IMO. Our current Christian is not of high enough quality to make the distinction worth fighting over. Most people, when they say proof, they mean perponderance evidence supporting the conclusion. 

I'm not getting upset, LogicalFallacy.

But there's a point to made about standards, since you raise the point of the quality (or lack of) of the Christian apologists visiting this forum.

You seem to be saying that poor quality Christians deserve a poor quality of critical thinking and a poor quality use of language from us.

Really?

Is that the kind of standard you think this forum should aspire to?

That we shouldn't bother to use the correct terminology, but just settle for a colloquial version, because its just not worth troubling ourselves to get it right?

And we'll only put the necessary effort in when a Christian of a suitable calibre merits the work?

?

As I said, I'm not upset.

But I am disappointed with my fellow Ex-Christians and sceptics for not doing better or wanting to do better.

Thank you.

Walter.

They admit to the ridiculousness of direct proof but ask for it anyways. And then act like children for the fun of it.

Sin/death is only possible for humans in a place like this fallen reality. That's why Satan is known for both sin and death.
Jesus took away Satan's claim on everyone here as long as they believe in Jesus.

31 minutes ago, WalterP said:

As I said, I'm not upset.

But I am disappointed with my fellow Ex-Christians and sceptics for not doing better or wanting to do better.

Thank you.

Walter.

Why are you disappointed? You must be familiar with the philosophical "burden of proof" requirement. I can't imagine that you're not. 

What does proof of burden mean?

The burden of proof determines which party is responsible for putting forth evidence and the level of evidence they must provide in order to prevail on their claim. In most cases, the plaintiff (the party bringing the claim) has the burden of proof.May 16, 2019

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This has nothing to do with proofs in math, btw. Some one claims god exists. The person bringing the claim, the christian, carries the burden of proof (not a math based situation) requirement to prevail on their claim. 

• Super Moderator

I believe in Jesus.  He does a really good job on the hedges, too.

unnamed.jpg

15 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

They admit to the ridiculousness of direct proof but ask for it anyways. And then act like children for the fun of it.

Sin/death is only possible for humans in a place like this fallen reality. That's why Satan is known for both sin and death.
Jesus took away Satan's claim on everyone here as long as they believe in Jesus.

Is this where you admit that you can not prove the existence of god, in the philosophical "burden of proof" sense? 

You can not satisfy the "burden of proof" requirement for your claims in the above can you??

Your claim is that if people believe in something that is beyond what evidence can determine with certainty (god / jesus), they will live forever. 

Why should people believe your evidence lacking claim???

::sigh::

What would be the point of this reality if you knew for sure there was a God?

3 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

What would be the point of this reality if you were sure there was a god? 

The reality you're selling, btw, is a reality where there's no question god exists because you're face to face with the god according to the claims of the bible. 

Sure or unsure, what do you think the point of either would be????

2 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

You have failed to establish that there actually is a point to this reality.

Reality does not require a "point". 

It just is.

A "point" within this context is a subjective reaction of man to what he perceives as reality, within the limits of his perception and reasoning.

No human has seen the face of God. If you believe in Jesus ..If you see the Light ..you don't want to sin anymore ..you don't want to cause disorder anymore. You become compatible to be one with God when this is over.

3 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

No human has seen the face of God. If you believe in Jesus ..If you see the Light ..you don't want to sin anymore ..you don't want to cause disorder anymore. You become compatible to be one with God when this is over.

Yeah...

I've known many devout believers who don't want to sin... and yet somehow they do anyway. Belief in God, in salvation through Christ, in prayer and devotion.. none of these things seems to make a difference there.

(according to scripture) Jesus said that many will call on his name and be rejected.

So they believe in Jesus, they see the light. And still, they're bound for eternal punishment.

Which brings up the point...

You know how some like to insist that God could in fact be female?

I think they may be on to something.

Pretend Christians use the Bible for corrupt means.

God the Father doesn't have a human gender.

6 minutes ago, Joshpantera said:

Why are you disappointed? You must be familiar with the philosophical "burden of proof" requirement. I can't imagine that you're not. 

The burden of proof determines which party is responsible for putting forth evidence and the level of evidence they must provide in order to prevail on their claim. In most cases, the plaintiff (the party bringing the claim) has the burden of proof.May 16, 2019

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This has nothing to do with proofs in math, btw. Some one claims god exists. The person bringing the claim, the christian, carries the burden of proof (not a math based situation) requirement to prevail on their claim. 

Josh,

The burden of proof is not employed in the empirical sciences. 

They only ever gather evidence that can then be used to either support or refute a hypothesis.

If the empirical sciences did employ proofs, then the word 'proof' would be part and parcel of the scientific method.

But it isn't.  Look it up and see.  No diagram of the scientific method will feature the word 'proof'.

You are confusing that which is proper to philosophy and that which is proper to science.

The only branch of the sciences that employs proofs is mathematics, which is abstract, not empirical.

Therefore, no experiment in physics, biology, geology or any other empirical science can be used to prove anything.

All experiments, observations, measurements and scientific data are tentative and open to modification or refutation.

Whereas, mathematical proofs are absolute and final and cannot be overturned by new evidence.

The burden of proof requires the person in question to present evidence, not proof.

Proofs exist only in mathematics or in logic, so if you ask anyone to present 'proof' then you are limiting them to either mathematics or logic.

Calls for Joe to prove god are therefore calls for him to employ either mathematics or logic.

But if he's asked for evidence, then and only then can the empirical sciences be called upon.

Thank you.

Walter.

16 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

Pretend Christians use the Bible for corrupt means.

God the Father doesn't have a human gender.

Maybe he should be called It?

28 minutes ago, midniterider said:

Maybe he should be called It?

Good point.

The bible presents God as male.

The bible always uses the male form.

Is the Bible wrong then?

2 hours ago, WalterP said:

Calls for Joe to prove god are therefore calls for him to employ either mathematics or logic.

But if he's asked for evidence, then and only then can the empirical sciences be called upon.

Thank you.

Walter.

That's why I posted the definition: 

2 hours ago, WalterP said:

Pretty straight forward. By definition, the burden of proof requirement asks for the evidence. 

What is Joe's evidence / burden of proof / proof????

3 hours ago, pittsburghjoe said:

The reality you're selling is Revelation, isn't it???

A reality where the climax of the drama is people (particles) seeing god (wave) face to face praising him for eternity???

What would be the purpose of that reality???

Mic Drop Obama GIF - MicDrop Obama GIFs

• Super Moderator

So, the question was "what causes uncertainty?"  After 16 pages, I can say, with confidence, I'm not sure.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Super Moderator
5 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

So, the question was "what causes uncertainty?"  After 16 pages, I can say, with confidence, I'm not sure.

I'm certain my patience is nearing its end.

• Haha 1

• Super Moderator
17 minutes ago, florduh said:

I'm certain my patience is nearing its end.

It's because you have allowed your vector waves to become decoherent.

• Super Moderator
45 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

It's because you have allowed your vector waves to become decoherent.

Dammit! Not again!!!