Goodbye Jesus

Two cyclists dead: "God is Great!!!"

Joshpantera

If I know Josh, he was probably asking you to present extra-biblical evidence of these four things, Johnny.

He's smart enough to know that you already do believe them by faith.

Thank you,

Walter.

• Super Moderator
1 hour ago, Johnny said:

That was rather well-covered already.

No.  It was not.  If you do not have a good answer, say so.  If you do have a good answer, give it.

• Thanks 1

On 7/4/2022 at 1:43 PM, Johnny said:

That was rather well-covered already. I can't help if you missed it.

The answer is yes or no? 

It's a simple question that you can repeat again as either yes or no. 

On 7/4/2022 at 2:37 PM, TheRedneckProfessor said:

No.  It was not.  If you do not have a good answer, say so.  If you do have a good answer, give it.

It was well-covered already. If you watched the vids I gave, then give a specific timestamp that you found is not correct and why. 

• Super Moderator
On 7/3/2022 at 8:58 AM, Joshpantera said:

Are they all-present, all-powerful, all-loving, and all-knowing????

On 7/4/2022 at 1:43 PM, Johnny said:

That was rather well-covered already. I can't help if you missed it.

On 7/5/2022 at 10:15 PM, Joshpantera said:

The answer is yes or no? 

6 minutes ago, Johnny said:

It was well-covered already. If you watched the vids I gave, then give a specific timestamp that you found is not correct and why. 

Josh asked YOU the question.  He didn't ask the video.  He asked YOU.

So, if you have an answer, give it.  If you don't, say so.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2022 at 9:15 PM, Joshpantera said:

Sorry, you're Honor, but you are not the judge over me how I answer. I know, silly me, I have the decency to give an answer and you treat it all like some joke. You hate the thought of believing in any supernatural power so what's the point of explaining the God of the bible to you all? Life is one big joke to you. And in another thread where the topic of how we even got life to begin with, that's a joke to you all too. The overwhelming evidence shows beyond all doubt, it could not have come about on its own but nothing deters the determination to go with what you want to believe anyway, this all came about naturally, including life. So laugh, in The End though, you'll find the joke is on you.

Romans 1:20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

Psalms 14:1 "The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PS5buGnHVZw

• Super Moderator

Damn, first he hides behind a video, then he hides behind a strawman argument.  Why is he so afraid to say whether or not he believes god is omni-everything?  Is it because he knows such a belief cannot be backed up with observation, repeatability, and all the other evidence he decided 50 years ago he would need in order to believe something?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Johnny said:

So laugh, in The End though, you'll find the joke is on you.

Why, what's gonna happen? 

5 hours ago, Johnny said:

Sorry, you're Honor, but you are not the judge over me how I answer. I know, silly me, I have the decency to give an answer and you treat it all like some joke. You hate the thought of believing in any supernatural power so what's the point of explaining the God of the bible to you all? Life is one big joke to you. And in another thread where the topic of how we even got life to begin with, that's a joke to you all too. The overwhelming evidence shows beyond all doubt, it could not have come about on its own but nothing deters the determination to go with what you want to believe anyway, this all came about naturally, including life. So laugh, in The End though, you'll find the joke is on you.

Romans 1:20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

Psalms 14:1 "The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PS5buGnHVZw

No Johnny, life is not a joke to us non-believers, but the explanations given in the Bible are like a joke, or Greek mythology. To me such explanations in Genesis, Noah's Ark, and Revelation are obviously outrages beliefs. Are these books logical? Do they make sense in light of modern-day knowledge? The answer is obviously not if you have any formal education in science. A person as smart as you Johnny should slap themselves in the face IMO for falling for such stupidity and the BS of the Bible, like Greek mythology.  I slapped myself in the face twice, hard, just hoping that you would do the same, no lie :)-- hopefully a wake-up call for you of sorts . Yes, there are errors in science as there always will be since half of scientists today are religious, because the Scientific Method is not always followed by scientists, because there will always be things that science can't explain at the time, and because all humans can make logical errors including scientists, and both you and me.

12 hours ago, Johnny said:

It's odd to see these broken record type of personalities, say nearly verbatim the same things over and over again. 

I've grown into the "Lilly von Schtupp" of engaging christian apologist's. "Tired! Tired of playing the game! Ain't it a crying shame!" 

The psychology of defensiveness toward simple questions and the inherent fear in wondering what will happen if you just answer direct questions. Then these horribly incorrect assumptions about things you couldn't possibly know trailing your initial emotional response. You see this so many times and it's incredible how common these moves are. To so many people. You have to wonder, is it coincidence that a certain personality type is attracted to christianity, or is that christianity mind fucks people in such a way that they have only a narrow set of options when it comes to responding to simple questions? 

These case studies do get boring, especially when nothing new seems to emerge, but they do illustrate a lot of what's wrong with getting yourself stuck in a cult-like mentality. It's clearly not conducive to a mentally healthy life. Is it a joke to us, sure, but in the sense that we can laugh at how naive we all once were. Illustrated by you right now. Just think of it as us laughing with you, not at you. Because we're all just as guilty as not thinking for ourselves and not seeing the bigger picture at one point in our own lives. 

I have a much more serious and sober debate / discussion going on right now between myself and the YouTuber "Too late for the Gods."

He's a non-theistic type. We're debating primary consciousness versus no-primary consciousness between ourselves right now. Very civil. Some jokes. But the content has gone deep. Intellectually honest admissions have gone down. Trying to better understand that others positon has been part of it. And a general sense of actually caring about the possibility of learning something new from the exchange. 

I'm arguing on behalf of primary consciousness, as a spiritual minded, but agnostic-atheist. Against his materialist atheist opposition. He's a bit mystical in atheism too, but not in an Idealist philosopher way. He opposes Idealism. And wants metaphysics pretty much stopped. But he sees "energy" as a viable option for the irreducible, ontological primitive. I'm advocating for Bernardo Kastrup's Analytic Idealism philosophy. I took the course, watched hours and hours of interviews, and read his articles. I'm comfortable debating the case. 

Does that make any sense to you, Johnny? 

I can explain how that situation inter-relates to the simple questioned I asked you before. 

So, what is it? 

Do you believe that God is Omni-everything? If yes then there is logic that follows which you don't seem privy to at all. 

12 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Damn, first he hides behind a video, then he hides behind a strawman argument.

I didn't know I was "hiding." Rather than doing a lot of typing I supplied a pertinent video to the topic at hand. Then you have the nerve to say I'm using "a strawman argument." From the person who claims I'm "hiding"?

Why is he so afraid to say whether or not he believes god is omni-everything?

Strawman is YOU! I'm not afraid. How clear must it be to show God is not "omni-everything"? Did you watch the vid that you accuse me hiding behind? Where did it give evidence God is "omni-everything"? How clear do things have to be made to you before you get it, or just admit you're mind is set regardless of what is presented to you. 

Is it because he knows such a belief cannot be backed up with observation, repeatability, and all the other evidence he decided 50 years ago he would need in order to believe something?

You are talking about a topic here about good and evil. You refuse to see what the bible says about it. You INSIST with your "god is omni-everything."

Now, regarding evidence by observation, repeatability, and falsification, it is your side that is stuck. I go with creation and life happened supernaturally, and you go with no supernatural power is needed. I have evidence by observation, repeatability, and falsification on my side and.......you DON'T. 

14 hours ago, Johnny said:

So laugh, in The End though, you'll find the joke is on you.

Okay, who had "July 8, between 6 am and noon" in the argumentum ad baculum poll?  :lmao:

Johnny, here's something for you to think about.  (Preferably around 3-4 a.m. when you can't sleep.)

If even the angels could fall, do you honestly think that you would be safe in heaven?  As Bible-thumpers like to say to us when attempting to scare us into belief, "Eternity is a long time."  When dealing with a god so batshit insane that it would drown virtually all life on the planet, set its own avatar up to be a blood sacrifice, and deliberately create a realm of eternal torture, how long do you think it'll be before it tires of you and sends you down to the furnace room for shits and giggles?

• Super Moderator
7 hours ago, Johnny said:

I didn't know I was "hiding."

I suspect that is often the case with you.

On 7/8/2022 at 8:38 AM, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Josh asked YOU the question.  He didn't ask the video.  He asked YOU.

So, if you have an answer, give it.  If you don't, say so.

It was all covered. You can look at the vid or you can want me to write it all out for you which there is no reason to do. I gave the vid and that is my answer. Sure, you can keep playing your game that I didn't answer when I sure did. Games are all you have to play. You refuse to see what the bible says and yet you base this discussion as if it's God's fault The God of the bible. So play and have your fun as if you actually care about truth. You clearly show you don't. 

8 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:
15 hours ago, Johnny said:

I didn't know I was "hiding."

I suspect that is often the case with you.

Another tactic using strawman as if I was "hiding" because 'Super Moderator' you said so and thus it is somehow so in your pretend world of being fair as the "Super Moderator.' It is fun showing what jokes you are. 

Hey, speaking of hiding, when will any of you admit you got it wrong about this thread blaming the God of the bible? I know it's wishful thinking since you'd rather ignore what I gave and play games. It was just to make a point.

Jesus, do you have anything to add?

• Super Moderator
4 minutes ago, midniterider said:

Jesus, do you have anything to add?

Can't tell if you're cussing at Johnny or praying to his god.

oh, sorry RNP...

Dear Jesus the Christ, I understand from your believers that you won't just appear to us, nor answer prayers with any sense of urgency, leading us non-believers to wonder if you exist or conclude that you probably dont. But at the same time, your believers also feel that, as soon as a non-believer dies that you are going to appear,  leap to action, judge us and send us to hell. I'm not sure why they believe you will ever get around to burning us in hell when you don't seem to do anything while we're alive. 

Do you have anything to add in this thread? Would you like to confirm your existence and show Johnny is correct? Standing by for your response, Sir.

This forum is a sham. I gave concrete evidence based on observation, repeatability, and falsification that nothing broke the law of biogenesis and gave why it is a law. Then because your members are getting crushed by what I gave and they can't give evidence to show how even life can come about naturally, that thread was shut down with this garbage as the last word as if it was some sort of evidence....

"It’s neither a law nor an hypothesis. It’s just an assertion, and it’s quite obviously wrong.

We already know that under conditions simple enough to reproduce in a high school chemistry lab, lipids form microspheres that begin replicating due only to chemistry. These are essentially stripped down cell membranes with no contents. It doesn’t take a genius to see how on an otherwise sterile planet, they would eventually incorporate stabilizing molecules and other protocellular components.

We already know at least two ways that RNA can spontaneously form.

We already know that amino acids form—well…everywhere. They rain down on us from space by the ton.

We don’t yet know all the details of how chemical evolution can lead to life, and we will never know the exact steps it took on Earth, but it clearly isn’t impossible. In fact, the wise bet is on abiogenesis being ubiquitous—even inevitable wherever conditions permit—like suds."

4 hours ago, Johnny said:

Where did this disprove the law of biogenesis? 

That's an odd choice of last word, but I'll let you have it Johnny! 

Try and spend some time getting caught up on how the law of biogenesis is not a law, or a theory, just an assertion. And a demonstrably incorrect assertion at that! I don't expect you to immediately just get it. You'll need to some thinking about all of this more for sure....

----------------------------

You are such LIARS. You're jokes that are not funny, you just love lying to me, others, and yourselves. 

You just lie as if there is no issue with it...."We already know at least two ways that RNA can spontaneously form."

https://creation.com/rna-self-replication

---"In fact, not even the building blocks, ribonucleotides, appear in such experiments, and they do not spontaneously form RNA. In fact, there are numerous chemical difficulties with obtaining RNA by blind undirected chemistry, the only sort allowed on the hypothetical primordial earth, as chemical evolutionist A.G. Cairns-Smith points out in his book Genetic Takeover4 (see extract at Cairns Smith: Detailed criticisms of the RNA world hypothesis). And it’s a huge step from RNA to the genetic code, its major use today."---

You jokes just keep on believing your lies. Even your RNA is shot.

https://evolutionnews.org/2022/03/fact-check-did-university-of-tokyo-researchers-explain-the-origin-of-life/

"RNA precursors could in theory give rise to RNA molecules that encode information, catalyze chemical reactions and replicate. Whether and how the first enzymes adopted the metal-catalyzed reactions described by the scientists remain to be established."

Oh, they could in theory is not the same as your...."We already know at least two ways that RNA can spontaneously form."

Really?

---"Ms. Geddes is to be commended for her balanced reporting: she took care to inform her readers that the experiments performed by Dr. Ralser began with “substances known to be starting points for modern metabolic pathways,” adding that no-one had yet demonstrated that these substances could have formed in the Earth’s oceans, four billion years ago."----

You will keep lying no matter what.

https://uncommondescent.com/intelligent-design/rna-the-origin-of-life-and-the-gullibility-of-the-science-media/

http://www.arn.org/docs/odesign/od171/rnaworld171.htm

---Peter Wills and Charles Carter open their recent BioSystems paper:

"The RNA World is a widely-embraced hypothetical stage of molecular evolution, devoid of protein enzymes, in which all functional catalysts were ribozymes. Only one fact concerning the RNA World can be established by direct observation: if it ever existed, it ended without leaving any unambiguous trace of itself."

"Such a rise from RNA to cell-based life would have required an out-of-the-blue appearance of an aaRS [aminoacyl-tRNA synthetase]-like protein that worked even better than its adapted RNA counterpart. That extremely unlikely event would have needed to happen not just once but multiple times — once for every amino acid in the existing gene-protein code. It just doesn’t make sense."

---"No organisms have ever been discovered that demonstrate the RNA World hypothesis in action. Nor have scientists ever constructed any such organisms in their laboratories. This is not too surprising because no one has even produced anything remotely close to a detailed design of how such organisms could function."

https://evolutionnews.org/2018/01/about-that-rna-world-hypothesis/

I can go on and on with your RNA lie of..."We already know at least two ways that RNA can spontaneously form."

It will be the same thing though with you liars, you don't care. Life (literally) is all a joke to you. The wonderful thing is as I already pointed out, the joke will be on you fools in The End. So laugh how you stated..."but it clearly isn’t impossible. In fact, the wise bet is on abiogenesis being ubiquitous—even inevitable wherever conditions permit—like suds."

Well, liar, you are not very wise at all. You are a fool. You refuse to accept truth and there will be a price to pay for that and it will NOT be pleasant. ALL by your choice to be a fool along with your other members bent on ignoring the evidence.

Enjoy your burn, suckers, you worked hard for it!

26 minutes ago, Johnny said:

This forum is a sham. I gave concrete evidence based on observation, repeatability, and falsification that nothing broke the law of biogenesis and gave why it is a law. Then because your members are getting crushed by what I gave and they can't give evidence to show how even life can come about naturally, that thread was shut down with this garbage as the last word as if it was some sort of evidence....

(pats Johnny on the head)  That's nice, dear.  Now finish your milk and cookies and get into your jammies - it's past your bedtime.

1 hour ago, Astreja said:

(pats Johnny on the head)  That's nice, dear.  Now finish your milk and cookies and get into your jammies - it's past your bedtime.

Soooooo common of a comeback from you fools. You refuse to see the lies you believe so you just go on lying and love to shut down things that show that. Too bad you refuse to see how disgusting your tactics are. Yet.....you WILL be seeing it at some point. No one knows when our time is up, not even any of you. So enjoy your foolishness while it lasts.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Johnny said:

Enjoy your burn, suckers, you worked hard for it!

Matthew 7:1

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged.

Matthew 7:2

For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Come on in, the flames are warm, dude!

Serious note:

Attention, normal people, would you say something like "Enjoy your burn" to anyone? Would you wish for someone to 'burn' for eternity just because they didn't believe in your religious nonsense? That is pure evil. It's like telling someone you hope they get cancer or sexually assaulted. 

• Thanks 1

I have concluded that Poster Johnny is a little shit.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Johnny said:

Soooooo common of a comeback from you fools. You refuse to see the lies you believe so you just go on lying and love to shut down things that show that. Too bad you refuse to see how disgusting your tactics are. Yet.....you WILL be seeing it at some point. No one knows when our time is up, not even any of you. So enjoy your foolishness while it lasts.

Johnny, do you think that the Holy Spirit is leading you to call us liars?

Yes, this is a trick question.

1 hour ago, sdelsolray said:

I have concluded that Poster Johnny is a little shit.

That's an insult to shit.  You can use it to fertilize gardens.