Goodbye Jesus

Suffering for the Good of the World

TheRedneckProfessor

• Super Moderator
27 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

The ignore on your buddy is still not working please.

This is because, according to my perfect plan and higher purpose, I have determined that it is in your best interest to hear what Walt has to say.  You may not understand the reasons why; but I expect you to trust in my perfect plan anyway.  I'm mysterious and shit, bruh.

Edgarcito,

It would probably be in your best interests to try and honestly answer my questions.

That way you wouldn't have to keep on lying to yourself.

But, if you ignore me and refuse to answer, then your conduct will be in the best interests of this forum.

The members and the lurkers will see your 'Christianity' for what it really is.

The choice is yours.

Walter.

Let's talk about the little girl.  In my reality, she is subject to some things and some things are subject to her.  What I am hearing you say Prof is everything is subject to her, in that her free will is violated regardless.  Am I getting your point right?

• Super Moderator
5 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

Am I getting your point right?

No.

12 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

No.

I think it is.  Anything short of whatever we desire is God's fault.  And especially for the little girl you keep describing.

• Super Moderator
46 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

I think it is.  Anything short of whatever we desire is God's fault.  And especially for the little girl you keep describing.

Are you suggesting that her situation is her fault?  When it could have been prevented by an omnipotent and omnibenevolent god?

6 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Are you suggesting that her situation is her fault?  When it could have been prevented by an omnipotent and omnibenevolent god?

Goes back to Genesis and I don't wish to rehash that at this time.  Carry on.  Please fix my ignore request when your mood changes.  Thanks.

• Super Moderator
8 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

Please fix my ignore request when your mood changes.  Thanks.

Why?  Do you feel like you should be able to make decisions that are independent of the higher purpose I have already planned for you?  I bet our sex slave probably felt the same way...

• Super Moderator
10 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

Goes back to Genesis

Ed, IF god is in control, then ultimately everything that happens is his responsibility.  If you want to assign "fault" then that's where you need to start.

1 hour ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Why?  Do you feel like you should be able to make decisions that are independent of the higher purpose I have already planned for you?  I bet our sex slave probably felt the same way...

No, it's not that I don't want to listen to what he has to say, it's his motivation/intent.  He chooses what A&E chose rather than opt for faith.  You are different.  His is with intent.  There's a difference.  Thanks.

• Super Moderator
14 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

No, it's not that I don't want to listen to what he has to say, it's his motivation/intent.  He chooses what A&E chose rather than opt for faith.  You are different.  His is with intent.  There's a difference.  Thanks.

What do you reckon the sex slave thinks about the motivation and intent of her captors and rapists, Ed.  Again, you may not understand my perfect plan and purpose; but you do need to trust it in faith.  I am the Prof thy Mod. 

2 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

What do you reckon the sex slave thinks about the motivation and intent of her captors and rapists, Ed.  Again, you may not understand my perfect plan and purpose; but you do need to trust it in faith.  I am the Prof thy Mod. 

Maybe you could get a t-shirt made.....Prof thy Mod.  In the interim, ifin there is a Christian God, Walter's in more trouble that you.....my humble opinion of course.  

• Super Moderator
13 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

Maybe you could get a t-shirt made.....Prof thy Mod.  In the interim, ifin there is a Christian God, Walter's in more trouble that you.....my humble opinion of course.  

Perhaps you could, I don't know, maybe pray for those who persecute you, or turn the other cheek and shit.  The cursing and name-calling doesn't seem to be working.  Might help change your perspective.  Might not.

3 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Perhaps you could, I don't know, maybe pray for those who persecute you, or turn the other cheek and shit.  The cursing and name-calling doesn't seem to be working.  Might help change your perspective.  Might not.

Right back at you amigo…

• Super Moderator

May Ed be filled with loving-kindness.

May Ed be safe from inner and outer dangers.

May Ed be well in body and mind.

May Ed be at ease and happy.

May Ed walk in peace.

58 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

May Ed be filled with loving-kindness.

May Ed be safe from inner and outer dangers.

May Ed be well in body and mind.

May Ed be at ease and happy.

May Ed walk in peace.

You're a good man...we're gonna make it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Edgarcito said:

The Prof's goodness will not save him from the flames Ed.

According to you, unless the Prof opts for faith, he's not gonna make it.

You, the bad, angry, lying foul-mouthed 'Christian' will make it because you have faith.

But despite the Prof being a good man, your god is still going to roast him.

Hallelujah!   🙄

• Super Moderator
1 hour ago, Edgarcito said:

See what happens when you follow my perfect plan for your life, Ed?

• Super Moderator
13 hours ago, walterpthefirst said:

The Prof's goodness will not save him from the flames Ed.

According to you, unless the Prof opts for faith, he's not gonna make it.

You, the bad, angry, lying foul-mouthed 'Christian' will make it because you have faith.

But despite the Prof being a good man, your god is still going to roast him.

Hallelujah!   🙄

In god's defense, Walt, despite whatever goodness I might have achieved or obtained in my life, I have, to the best of my knowledge and ability, blasphemed the holy spirit.  This means that, even if I ever decide to ask jesus for forgiveness, he will not be able to give it.  Because, you know, omnipotence has its limitations.  He'll have no choice but to cast me into eternal hellfire and brimstone, irrespective of any change of heart I might have along the way.

For the record, the holy spirit is a degenerate cock-jockey who prefers the company of young boys. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

See what happens when you follow my perfect plan for your life, Ed?

I was hoping you were sincere.  That's ok.

If you will notice what your the two tacts illicit.  Walter's attitude of choosing figurative death vs. what I thought was your honesty......one brought separation (ignore mode), and one brought communion.  It's actually what happened in reality.  Thanks.

• Super Moderator

I am sincere, Ed.  

Howdy Edgarcito,

Morality has a lot to do with your upbringing and the society in which one is raised, separate from religion.  Thinking about your father and his eventual loss of belief, I expect you always thought of him as a moral person, before and after?  When an atheist performs silent “good deeds ” to “sacrifice themselves for the world,“ one could say that they are "truly moral" because they are not hoping for a heavenly existence in return for their “good deeds.”

4 hours ago, pantheory said:

Howdy Edgarcito,

Morality has a lot to do with your upbringing and the society in which one is raised, separate from religion.  Thinking about your father and his eventual loss of belief, I expect you always thought of him as a moral person, before and after?  When an atheist performs silent “good deeds ” to “sacrifice themselves for the world,“ one could say that they are "truly moral" because they are not hoping for a heavenly existence in return for their “good deeds.”

Thought of him as a moral person when I was younger.  He was essentially moral but struggled for reasons he never disclosed to me.  At heart yes.  In deed, he had trials like everyone I expect.  I gather from the Word that we are lost before found, and our actions are not born out of the best motivation all the time, but that's what lost people do.  Hence the progression to understanding that in others and identifying our ability to be "true" as you say.  Thanks for the input.

For the record, I have a sister that doesn't believe and she is an excellent person in action, not just word.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2023 at 1:04 PM, Edgarcito said:

In the interim, ifin there is a Christian God...

You are making progress.  Being able to present your god as a hypothetical (instead of always as an absolute) is an indication of that progress.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Edgarcito said:

Thought of him as a moral person when I was younger.  He was essentially moral but struggled for reasons he never disclosed to me.  At heart yes.  In deed, he had trials like everyone I expect.  I gather from the Word that we are lost before found, and our actions are not born out of the best motivation all the time, but that's what lost people do.  Hence the progression to understanding that in others and identifying our ability to be "true" as you say.  Thanks for the input.

For the record, I have a sister that doesn't believe and she is an excellent person in action, not just word.

Yeah, I have two younger sisters, both of which are rather religious, both good people. Because of my scientific work, charity work, the way I talk and atheistic-certainty beliefs, they say they think of me as an outer-space alien.  :)