Goodbye Jesus

Knowledge vs belief

midniterider

• Super Moderator
7 hours ago, aik said:

You spoke about the fruits of the holy spirit, whom you deny. What are they? Can you name them to us?

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,  Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.  Galatians 5:22-23

4 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,  Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.  Galatians 5:22-23

Praised be the Lord Jesus Christ for His love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance. !!! and his spirit which he gave to use to bring up love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance in us. 

What physics?! What evidence?! The spirit is the evidence. Thank you. 

By saying to me that I as a christian had to show the fruits of the spirit, you prove that the evidence is the spirit. That is what I am trying to deliver to you, my dear dear friend Professor. The only reason that you deny to accept it, is your opposition to God. 

Thank you again. May God bless to all those who stops to deny God and starts his repentence. 

“It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of light, it was the season of darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair.”

Charles Dickens,  A Tale of Two Cities.

Citing something from a book proves it to be true?

Really, aik?

• Super Moderator
1 hour ago, aik said:

By saying to me that I as a christian had to show the fruits of the spirit, you prove that the evidence is the spirit. That is what I am trying to deliver to you, my dear dear friend Professor. The only reason that you deny to accept it, is your opposition to God. 

This doesn't prove that the spirit is the evidence, as nothing is ever proven outside of mathematics.  What this demonstrates is that certain behaviors should be exhibited by, and expected from, christian believers.  As jesus said, "By their fruits shall ye know them."

Granted, those fruits theoretically come from the holy spirit; but I exhibit a number of them myself, despite rejecting the spirit.  So, does the fact that I have peace, patience, goodness, and the rest of it still "prove" the spirit?  Or does it simply mean that t&ere are good people with good qualities in this world?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Granted, those fruits theoretically come from the holy spirit; but I exhibit a number of them myself, despite rejecting the spirit.  So, does the fact that I have peace, patience, goodness, and the rest of it still "prove" the spirit?  Or does it simply mean that t&ere are good people with good qualities in this world?

The holy spirit is not a theory.  It is a mere assertion.  Mere assertions are not evidence.

The actual evidence reveals these fruits arose, emerged, arise and are solely performed by homo sapiens (with some exceptions for other species).  Easy Peasy.

• Thanks 1

This doesn't prove that the spirit is the evidence, as nothing is ever proven outside of mathematics.  What this demonstrates is that certain behaviors should be exhibited by, and expected from, christian believers.  As jesus said, "By their fruits shall ye know them."

If you read the 2nd chapter of Romans you'll find there that the God's law acts in those who are not under the law. It is about you. 

• Super Moderator
7 minutes ago, aik said:

If you read the 2nd chapter of Romans you'll find there that the God's law acts in those who are not under the law. It is about you. 

If you read in the Dharma, it suggests not assuming that what is right for you should be right for others.  It is about you.

2 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

If you read in the Dharma, it suggests not assuming that what is right for you should be right for others.  It is about you.

Its not me assuming what the right is and what the wrong is. It is God who defines it. Do not believe in satanic lies and you will be secured.

7 minutes ago, aik said:

Its not me assuming what the right is and what the wrong is. It is God who defines it. Do not believe in satanic lies and you will be secured.

Aik, serious question:  How do you know that the Bible itself isn't "Satanic"?  It does, after all, describe a god as jealous and vengeful, willing to destroy virtually all life on the planet, sacrifice its own son, destroy the planet in the Apocalypse, and send people to eternal torment.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, aik said:

But god is not declaring what is right and wrong in your posts. 

You are.

And you have already admitted that you have no evidence to prove anything you say in your posts.

So, who are you to claim that anything is proved?

First, prove your claims about god and the bible with evidence.

• Super Moderator
2 hours ago, aik said:

Then god is welcome to tell me directly what he thinks is right and wrong.  I'm as happy to argue with him as I am with anybody else.

Or, does god not exist and that is why you're the one speaking in his stead?

2 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Then god is welcome to tell me directly what he thinks is right and wrong.  I'm as happy to argue with him as I am with anybody else.

Or, does god not exist and that is why you're the one speaking in his stead?

You are a hypocrite. God is not welcome in your life. 

He is declaring it to you by his spirit through his servants, and nowdays through his children. 

does god not exist and that is why you're the one speaking in his stead?

Actually, God speaks to me directly, and i speak with God directly. But you cannot and maynot do it. That is why he sends his children to you.

16 minutes ago, aik said:

Actually, God speaks to me directly, and i speak with God directly.

Do you literally hear his voice?

19 minutes ago, aik said:

Actually, God speaks to me directly, and i speak with God directly. But you cannot and maynot do it. That is why he sends his children to you.

Aik, I'm about to go to sleep myself. But you know there are good people here. @TheRedneckProfessor is one of the most honest people I know. I consider myself to be a pretty good person. And honestly I think I may have said this before. But you are probably better than your God. The biblical God is malicious, as we know he ordered infants killed in the old testament. He is jealous to the point he opened the ground and engulfed isrealites in the exodus for going against his will. He cursed humans to die and either live eternally worshipping him in the afterlife or eternally writhing in agony for eternity. Sounds like two very bad options.

The biblical God is not good. We have a saying in our culture. Actions speak louder than words. I don't see his good actions. A Gods actions would be evident. Not hidden. 

DB

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, aik said:

Further evidence of Poster aik's delusions.  Note how he pretends he is special and states others in this thread are not, all in a selfish effort to justify his proselytizing.  How convenient.

1 hour ago, DarkBishop said:

Actions speak louder than words

This is a biblical concept. 

Generally you are wrong bishop, and i think you know it. I mean, you know that if one wishes to know god and judge about his deeds he should go to jesus and look at this from the perspective of jesus, or through jesus. Gods nature is opened to us in jesus and not without him. You know this, man. 

You know that a judge has power to sentense and apply penalty. It is not condemned in the world. And if you, my friend, say that you do not agree with it, so you are as hypocrite here. 

So god is the judge, are you against his power? It is your problem. It is not you who decide who shall be the judge. He has the right to judge you and to judge me for our sins. I have not the right, you have it not also, your neighbour has it not, only God has. But he decided to deliver us from judgement and his son was judged instead of us. Whats your problem? 

Or are you too good to submit yourself to God? It is your character, your choice, man. Jesus had all the rights to be called the first one, but he decided to save you. This is Gods character. Compare it and deny satanic lies. May God save you. 

2 hours ago, aik said:

Prove your claim that god speaks directly to you with independently verifiable evidence, aik.

Otherwise we are under no obligation to believe your evidence-free claims.

11 minutes ago, walterpthefirst said:

Prove your claim that god speaks directly to you with independently verifiable evidence, aik.

Otherwise we are under no obligation to believe your evidence-free claims.

It is your choice. I am not going to make you believe me. God's word is enough to be believed. 

No.

The onus is on you to prove what you claim.

40 minutes ago, walterpthefirst said:

No.

The onus is on you to prove what you claim.

I am not making claim there. I bring testimony.

• Super Moderator
6 hours ago, aik said:

You are a hypocrite. God is not welcome in your life. 

He is declaring it to you by his spirit through his servants, and nowdays through his children. 

Haven't we spoken before about you presuming to know anything about me or my relationship with god?  Didn't we agree that it was arrogant and self-righteous for you to do so?

Go and sin no more.

7 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Haven't we spoken before about you presuming to know anything about me or my relationship with god?  Didn't we agree that it was arrogant and self-righteous for you to do so?

Go and sin no more.

God is not welcome in your life, otherwise we would have nothing to argue here. So you are a hypocrite saying that God is welcome to do something to you. 

4 hours ago, aik said:

I mean, you know that if one wishes to know god and judge about his deeds he should go to jesus and look at this from the perspective of jesus, or through jesus. Gods nature is opened to us in jesus and not without him.

“Don’t look at the jealous, vengeful, genocidal YHWH over there: look at the gentle, loving Jesus over here!  That’s the REAL god!“

Unfortunately for the Nice God advocates, in the end, in the book of Revelation, Jesus turns out to be just as bloodthirsty as the Father.  

• Like 1

• Super Moderator
1 hour ago, aik said:

God is not welcome in your life, otherwise we would have nothing to argue here. So you are a hypocrite saying that God is welcome to do something to you. 

3 Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

Matthew 7