Goodbye Jesus

Challenge for Christians - GO and preach!

Checkmate

CHALLENGE TO CHRISTIANS: GO into the world and preach the gospel!

Don’t just hide behind your computer screen, debating fruitlessly with us heathens here at Ex-C!

Don’t simply hide in your comfortable, air-conditioned home or office, arguing religion safely ensconced in the blanket of American free speech!

Stop preaching your faith in a country that is FULLY aware of Christianity, and is already dominated by “Christian” thoughts and values!

Why don’t you hypocritical Christians, quit being cowards, stop making excuses, OBEY your “lord Jesus”, and “GO into the WORLD and preach the gospel”!?

Isn’t THAT the Great Commission? Matthew 28:19-20?

Take your Holy Ghost filled self, and your precious “armor of God”, and GO into Muslim dominated countries (Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Indonesia, etc.) and preach the “good news” to THESE lost souls!

Don’t hide behind any feeble excuses such as, “But God hasn’t called me!”

Nonsense! Not only is every believer “called” to do this, but “Jesus” COMMANDED IT! He said “GO into the world”, not send out prayer requests and satellite TV transmissions!

So…what’s the hold up?

Go on! Sell everything you have. Quit your jobs. Abandon your families. And follow in the footsteps of “Jesus”! “Glory be to gawd!”

Tertullian said, “The blood of the martyrs is seed for the church.”

Well? Go plant some seeds, you gutless wonders!

Of course, NO American Christian worth his cable TV, will EVER do any of this. They love their worldly possessions too much. They don’t REALLY believe in “God’s” promises of protection, or necessary sacrifice of life when “He” decides it’s time for them to die.

I am SICK to death of Christians. Always demanding that WE believe “God” and their bible, when it’s painfully obvious that even THEY don’t believe!

And don’t tell me about how OTHER Christians have done just what I have proposed. So what? How does that excuse YOUR unbelief and disobedience to the “Great Commission”?

Obviously their message did NOT get through, since whole NATIONS are still NOT believing the “message of the cross”. It seems to me that YOU Christians still have work to do abroad, and your FEW missionaries and Evangelists are not up to this daunting task alone!

Get out there and help them! (I’m sure your Pastor would agree with me!)

I want to see it! I want to see an exodus of millions of Christian missionaries, forsake all and go into Muslim dominated nations, where the penalty is DEATH for preaching anything other than Allah, and take one in the heart for the “lord”.

It’s SO easy to pretend you are a “suffering saint” here in the safe confines of America. Where the worse things that you must “suffer” here are people who won’t vote YOUR Christian agenda into law, allow prayer in schools, or see the “Ten Commandments” taken out of Roy Moore’s courtroom.

But it’s another thing to preach boldly and fearlessly in the face of people who will horribly KILL you for being a believer in “Christ as King”.

You Christians have no right and no standing on THIS forum, to preach righteousness to US, when you won’t do as Jesus commands YOU.

IF you truly believe this God/Jesus stuff, then why delay? What are you waiting for? Stop telling me about the miracles of St. Paul and how he “boldly” proclaimed Christ everywhere HE went.

YOU do it!

[but if you CAN’T see your way to take up this challenge, I fully understand. You’re not a “True Christian” ™, but in reality a closet atheist who doesn’t REALLY believe any of this bible BS, and you just hang out with church folk for the social benefits. I understand. Truly, I do!] :loser:

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Checkmate

• Vixentrox

• dogmatically_challenged

• Vigile

Haha...it's always funny to seem them squirm when you through down the guantlet.

Im not sure why, but I laughed when I read your post TK421. But hey, I don’t want to jump to any conclusions until I have seen a few Christian responses. :grin:

*stands and sings*  "Onward Christian soldiers, marching on to waaaaar, with the blood of Jeeeeeeee-sus going on before..."

Madame, that is "the cross of jesus going on before." I think the image is that they are to follow a big stick. ;)

:58: Bravo for this post, TK!

Christians spout all day long about how thoroughly they believe the gospel. But actions speak louder that words, and their actions say that there is a little hesiitation there about swallowing the whole enchilada..

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

"I am laughing so hard at myself right now."

It is kind of silly, huh? I think the blood part is emphasized more in the fundy-type churches, not the mainline ones.

I almost said, "follow a big dick," considering the patriarchal nature of xtian religion.

And they should pray for the sick, raise the dead and cast out demons too. Show no fear.

You forgot .... "Drink POISON and pick up poisonous snakes!" :grin:

Actually, they could start with that first before they go.

Then they don't have to go, and we don't have to be bothered by their presence either! Everyone would think it was the big rapture, 2 billion Christians dead after drinking poison. Just like the Heavens Gate cult in San Diego, on a mass scale.

If any person did everything that that Jesus commanded in the bible, he'd be immediately committed to a mental institution. (If he survived the ordeal)

Shouldn't this be enough evidence right here to realize the bible is a joke?

Where does all this "Jesus was a great teacher" stuff come from?

Hell, christians don't do 3/4 of the shit anyway. Go ahead. Go find a 6'6" 280 lb. christian dude and punch him in the face. Let me know how it turns out.

If any person did everything that that Jesus commanded in the bible, he'd be immediately committed to a mental institution.  (If he survived the ordeal)

Hell, christians don't do 3/4 of the shit anyway.  Go ahead.  Go find a 6'6" 280 lb. christian dude and punch him in the face.  Let me know how it turns out.

Disco! Now THAT is my personal favorite test! Ye olde, "turn the other cheek" routine. Every single Xian I have ever known, (family included) are the MOST violent and retaliatory creatures I've ever MET!

I've heard plenty a sermon that explains that Jesus was ONLY speaking figuratively, and/or he was only refering to "insults". What a crock!

Pastor Chuck Swindoll writes in his book, "The Grace Awakening", that "Jesus did not intend for Xians to be good natured doormats".

Well, Chuck, it sure READS like that is what he meant! :loser:

Maybe they all decided to prove thier faith by drinking poison?

We should edit this slightly to get it by the censors and then post it on several christian forums to see what response it gets.

This is too funny. I went through severe guilt in my early 20s because I was not fulfilling the great commission in precisely the way you laid out here. I went through a period where I was reading Charles Finney and was ready to head off to who knows where. I couldn't understand the response of my parents, who pretty much thought I had lost it. I with you maintain the reality is that each christian truly is called to make such sacrifices and those who don't are merrily spouting self righteousness when they maintain that we were never saved because we grew a brain cell and turned away from faith.

We should edit this slightly to get it by the censors and then post it on several christian forums to see what response it gets.

I'm game if you are! I've already edited it for Xian content. (Made myself sound like a raving Fundie. Quite scary actually. Shudder!) I'd just like some of you to proofread it for content and believability.

The REAL trouble is doing this without the lurkers...DAMN! They've already seen THIS post! Someone is bound to blow the whistle on us.

Oh well. I'm still willing to go along with the gag. Let me know, children! :grin:

You should go into the heart of Christianity on the web: Christian forums and Theology Web.

Get this hysterical challenge to the crowds there.

Risk it.....

Wouldn't that suck If there are Christian Forums out their sending their followers to this site to try to convert us. I wouldn't be surprised if thats were some of them came from. Do yall think we should go to christians sites and Speak the truth, like with this Thread. Or would that make us no better than them.

And they should pray for the sick, raise the dead and cast out demons too. Show no fear.

Feh. I'd just love to see one of these yobbos face down an evil spirit without pissing and running. Bullies are cowards, don't you know?

If any person did everything that that Jesus commanded in the bible, he'd be immediately committed to a mental institution.  (If he survived the ordeal)

Hell, christians don't do 3/4 of the shit anyway.  Go ahead.  Go find a 6'6" 280 lb. christian dude and punch him in the face.  Let me know how it turns out.

Nah, you'd have to hit up an abused Christian kid to get someone genuinely willing to turn the other cheek. And that's only because they don't know any better. :P

Wouldn't that suck If there are Christian Forums out their sending their followers to this site to try to convert us. I wouldn't be surprised if thats were some of them came from. Do yall think we should go to christians sites and Speak the truth, like with this Thread. Or would that make us no better than them.

They don't need a "forum" to tell them to come here. They get THAT particular wild hair all on their own.

And a few of us DO post the truth on their forums, and they get "banned" or warned frequently.

Because in the immortal words of that sage "Colonel Nathan Jessup", "You can't handle the truth!" :grin:

But, BC, if it will make you feel better about us "lowering ourselves" to their level, I will only procede with any Xian baiting, IF I get plenty of support for the plan here, AND if NO moderator has a problem with it. If even ONE Mod says, "Knock it off!", then I won't do it.

Fair enough?

Of course, NO American Christian worth his cable TV, will EVER do any of this.  They love their worldly possessions too much.  They don’t REALLY believe in “God’s” promises of protection, or necessary sacrifice of life when “He” decides it’s time for them to die.

I am SICK to death of Christians.  Always demanding that WE believe “God” and their bible, when it’s painfully obvious that even THEY don’t believe!

Alas, this is the biggest failure of Christianity in the West.

They are brainwahed and addicted to thier belief.

Alas, this is the biggest failure of Christianity in the West.

That's it? That's your reply? You admit that YOU have failed, yet you continue to sit here lamenting the failure of "Christianity"?

Um...I hate to break the news to you, Jay, but, um...THEIR failure is also YOUR failure.

So...what do YOU plan to do about it? Take me up on my challenge, or confess that you don't believe in Jesus any more than WE do?

I MAY be sarcastic, but it's still a legitimate question/complaint. :Hmm:

Freethought is a commendable thing. Religious prosylitizin' is abominable!

Exchanging ideas with logic and an open mind is honorable while threats and bribes as the hook is absolutely shameful.

CHALLENGE TO CHRISTIANS: GO into the world and preach the gospel!

Don’t just hide behind your computer screen, debating fruitlessly with us heathens here at Ex-C!

Don’t simply hide in your comfortable, air-conditioned home or office, arguing religion safely ensconced in the blanket of American free speech!

Stop preaching your faith in a country that is FULLY aware of Christianity, and is already dominated by “Christian” thoughts and values!

Why don’t you hypocritical Christians, quit being cowards, stop making excuses, OBEY your “lord Jesus”, and “GO into the WORLD and preach the gospel”!?

Isn’t THAT the Great Commission?  Matthew 28:19-20?

Does it feel good to lump us all into one category? You have no clue what some of us do away from Ex-C.

Tap

Most xers dont go over seas to spread the gospel. A few do.

Since bribes and threats are something that can really reach the primitive mind many xers go over seas to 3rd and er.. 2nd world countries to spread the "good news"....

There may be xers that go just to help without prosylitizin'. I suppose thats possible. But to do both is to encourage people who are desparate to prostitute thier minds and spirits.

Cold hard fact.

Does it feel good to lump us all into one category? You have no clue what some of us do away from Ex-C.

Tap

"If the shoe fits, wear it."

Also, "Methinks thou doth protest too much."

TAP, why don't you fill us all in on your great missionary trip to your last Muslim dominated nation? Because you're right. I have NO idea what YOU do. Enlighten us.

As for the rest of your brethren, can you deny that hundreds of MILLIONS of Xians fit precisely the profile I described? Can you?

(And before you answer, let me remind you that I was once a Xian. I used to preach this very same message to my OWN congregation! I KNOW how shiftless and worldly you are! I despised the "lukewarm Laodecians" that warmed the pews. And my missionary brethren lamented this same song on a weekly basis. But no, go ahead. Tell me how "wrong" I am for painting with such a broad brush.)