Goodbye Jesus

Atheism Is For The Weak

InspectoGeneral

Actually, the statement you made was a logically based observation. The reason underlying the truth of that statement may be illogical, from the standpoint of particular persons, but that observation was logical nonetheless. From some angle there does seem to be a way to apply logic somewhere. That was MY point.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• InspectoGeneral

• Amanda

• Ouroboros

• Lightbearer

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm guessin a faker as well. It seems like someone who is mimicing a certian poster who kept saying that all we do is make fun of people and hurt their feelings. They too made some arguements that weren't very well done. I have one or two guesses for who it is, but I won't say.

I have a feeling I know who it is too... AND, of course I don't want to say who either! :lmao:

Now... is this person trying to make a hint to their identity by writing this is a message board? :Hmm:

C'mon Inspecto General... just tell us who you really are now. You've amused people for a couple of days now. Most don't get past the first page of the thread... so you have done quite well. Come out, come out whom ever you are! :grin:

Dhampir-

The fact that logic can be applied to something in some way doesn't mean that it applies to everything. For instance, is a tree logical? Logic doesn't apply. It may be logical to believe that trees exist because you have seen a tree, but the tree itsef is neither logical nor illogical.

Is it logical for a man born blind to believe that there are different colors?

Hit and run??? Some of us have lives and can't spend all their time on message boards. My post was pretty self contained, nothing really to defend.

Atheism as a debate position is no position at all, you have nothing to defend. It is evident by this site that Christianity has much to defend.

Question - "So what do you believe concerning God?"

Athesist - "Nothing."

Question - "So you believe in nothing?"

Atheist - "That's right."

Question - "Is that a hard position to defend?"

Atheist - "Not at all. It's not hard to defend nothing. We just mock people who believe something. Since we have no position they can never attack us."

Not hard to defend nothing. I was just pointing out that you have no position. A debate with somone that has no position isn't a debate.

:ugh: If You assume you have all the answers, why even post here to begin with? Perhaps if you took the time to read most of the posts or bothered getting to know the people here you would find a large majority who would say they aren't atheists... Perhaps more agnostics or deists.

That's neither here nor there... The first two posts I read from you tell me you aren't looking for answers or honest debate. That's because you seem to have all the answers and as shown in the quote, you're happy to debate with yourself. Perhaps in your self important mind you see this as clever. I see it as lame and have seen better attempts a persuasive arguments by children then by these first two posts.

We all know what assUme means though don't we, and you've given us so far two brilliant examples.

:Wendywhatever:

Most don't get past the first page of the thread... so you have done quite well.

On the Atheist site, they went on for over a hundred pages. Do you think that I am someone who has been here before?

Can you call anything music or anything art?

You deny that music exists? or art?

What is racket to one person, is music to another. What is junk to one person, is art to another.

My point was simply that logic and reason don't apply to everything.

I don't deny that sounds exist that are pleasing to other people and sometimes we call that music.

I would deny the assertion that anything at all can be called music, because definitions work by exclusion.

If fingernails, and beeswax, and tables are all music, than the subject heading "music" really doesn't mean much at all.

If your point is simply that logic and reason don't apply to everything, than I agree. But are you sure you don't have another point stemming from that one?

ped -

(I don't know if you got the memo, but there is no faith. It doesn't exist, just ask light)

Sometimes you have to answer fools according to their folly. You can't win the unwinnable or convince the unconvincible.

BTW - I just made up unwinnable and unconvincible.

Their minds are open and their hearts are closed. Unfortunate, really. I was hoping to win them with my brash style and unrelenting sarcasm, but to no avail. I have even stooped to humor. HUMOR I TELL YOU, showing that there was no sacrifice I wouldn't make. These people are just blinded by their own unwillingness to see.

See there. Fresh fodder. Now my motives are known. :)

:SUCK:

If You assume you have all the answers, why even post here to begin with? Perhaps if you took the time to read most of the posts or bothered getting to know the people here you would find a large majority who would say they aren't atheists... Perhaps more agnostics or deists.

That's neither here nor there... The first two posts I read from you tell me you aren't looking for answers or honest debate. That's because you seem to have all the answers and as shown in the quote, you're happy to debate with yourself. Perhaps in your self important mind you see this as clever. I see it as lame and have seen better attempts a persuasive arguments by children then by these first two posts.

We all know what assUme means though don't we, and you've given us so far two brilliant examples.

So you actually read my first two posts and then somehow managed to type a coherent post of your own. Wow, I'm impressed. Keep working on those typing skills, they are coming long nicely.

Also, some words to live by: If you can't be big, don't belittle. :)

Here is what you are missing, in your ignorance and bliss: Atheists do not have a belief in any god(s). If you don't see the difference, well that just makes you ordinary. And that's a compliment.

Maybe the Atheist community could get together and decide what they are. They all have a diffent definition, as though they can't even agree what an Atheist is.

Maybe Christians could get together and decide what they are too, since they cant agree on shit. The ole' holy spirt is pretty damned devisive isn't he? How many christians sects are there? 100? 500? More?

Oh...and how does someone mock god? That's like mocking the Easter Bunny or Scooby doo.

The fact that logic can be applied to something in some way doesn't mean that it applies to everything. For instance, is a tree logical? Logic doesn't apply. It may be logical to believe that trees exist because you have seen a tree, but the tree itsef is neither logical nor illogical.

Logic is a tool. It can only be used in places where it is the proper tool for it. Asking whether or not a tree is logical is pointless, but from some angle, logic can be applied to the tree, such as by asking 'is a tree logical in this location?' Your point, if I take it correctly is that logic cannot be applied to faith, but from some angle, the terms logic and faith can be used in concert.

Most don't get past the first page of the thread... so you have done quite well.

On the Atheist site, they went on for over a hundred pages. Do you think that I am someone who has been here before?

I don’t think you are a serious contender in consuming the space here. Giving you the benefit of the doubt, I considered that you may be an established member just trying to spoof the fundy people that visit here. Who else could take up this much space and say nothing? C’mon… who are you really? :huh:

I even got drawn into this. How illogical is that?

Cerise-

Almost thou persuadest me that thou art sincere.

You posted:

If your point is simply that logic and reason don't apply to everything, than I agree. But are you sure you don't have another point stemming from that one?

Somone earlier said that faith was illogical. I simply pointed out that faith was neither logical nor illogical. Logic and reason are wholly inadequate to address so many things. And although many would like to think that every thing can be boiled down to logic, noone actually lives their life that way. Noone on here would tell burnedout that the logical thing would be to euthanize his wife because she no longer is a productive member of society would they?

Logic and reason may be great as debate topics, but they are rotten to live by.

Atheism may be a great debate position, but it is rotten to live by.

Um, I don't want to butt in here, but...

One time I really did see a cloud turn into a penguin, and it then pooped out a golden television.

I needed a new tv, so I set myself to catch it. As it got closer though, I noticed that it was a 25 inch console and fearing that it would crush me, I stepped aside at the last moment and it crashed to the ground. Being gold, of course it was heavy, and it fell so far into the earth that it didn't stop until it reached China. There is a Commie atheist right now watching state run tv on a golden tv set that I could have sworn was meant for me.

Goes to show, you never know. Sorry for the interuption, but how often will someone bring up an analogy so fantastic? Yet, it happened to me.

Burnedout, my hat is off to you and your wife. That seems like precious little to say. It's the Human Spirit, not the 'Holy Spirit', that helps us along and gets us through this life. My brother is in a similar situation with his wife, who has MS.

If IG is a troll, he should be banned. If it's a joke, how funny is it to read some serious bare-your-soul posts from someone who is seriously trying to have a discussion and yet just keep going? If he's for real, then he should be made to state just what he believes, so we can know what he defends.

Me, I'm leaning towards troll/joke. Notice that there hasn't been one Bible verse quoted except by the ex-C's?

Sorry to be a wet blanket on the party.

Oh, "somone" and "noone" huh? Keep working on those typing skills! LOL LOL LOL

Rotten to live by? How?

And you still haven't replied to my argument that "flowers are television."

What atheist site are you talking about?

Cerise-

Almost thou persuadest me that thou art sincere.

You posted:

Somone earlier said that faith was illogical. I simply pointed out that faith was neither logical nor illogical. Logic and reason are wholly inadequate to address so many things. And although many would like to think that every thing can be boiled down to logic, noone actually lives their life that way. Noone on here would tell burnedout that the logical thing would be to euthanize his wife because she no longer is a productive member of society would they?

Logic and reason may be great as debate topics, but they are rotten to live by.

Atheism may be a great debate position, but it is rotten to live by.

I'm a bit confused by your words. You agree that logic cannot encompass the entire human experience, for humans are born with emotions and emotional responses, yes? And you agree that faith is an emotional response, yes?

But why, then, are you combining faith and logic on the same spectrum when they have nothing to do with one another? It's because faith isn't logical that it can encompass areas, like spirituality and love, that logic can't always reach. Just because faith is illogical (not born of logic) doesn't mean it is worthless, but it is still illogical.

No one lives their life in pure logic, that's true, but neither do they live in pure emotion, or if they do they are weeded out pretty quickly. It's a balance of the two positions that make up a life.

Emotions say, "don't kill your wife because you love her, it's distatseful to kill, etc."

Logic says, "don't kill your wife because it presents a message that random killing is okay, which would then put your own life in jeopardy if others choose to act on that premise."

Either way, a sane person isn't going to kill their wife.

And I make a pretty un-rotten living as an Atheist actually.

If IG is a troll, he should be banned. If it's a joke, how funny is it to read some serious bare-your-soul posts from someone who is seriously trying to have a discussion and yet just keep going? If he's for real, then he should be made to state just what he believes, so we can know what he defends.

Seriously trying to have a discussion???? You're joking right. Why would someone post their personal life on a thread where someone is obviously attacking atheism????

Even though I thought it was a joke, (because, after all, who would post something like that on a thread attacking atheism) I left it alone.

If you can't handle the banter, stay out ot the Lions den. I thought that's what it was for>

"so we can know what he defends" - So you know what to mock. Same old story.

Also, some words to live by: If you can't be big, don't belittle. :)

pot_kettle_3.jpg

I don't think he is a troll. He posted in another thread that God is a person. One that can't be proved or disproved... but proved to be a person apparently.

You said it duderonomy, nice name by the way, thats why I asked him to state his terms.

Seriously trying to have a discussion???? You're joking right. Why would someone post their personal life on a thread where someone is obviously attacking atheism????

Even though I thought it was a joke, (because, after all, who would post something like that on a thread attacking atheism) I left it alone.

If you can't handle the banter, stay out ot the Lions den. I thought that's what it was for>

"so we can know what he defends" - So you know what to mock. Same old story.

Good Gods mods....

Kill it!

Cerise-

To say that faith is illogical is incorrect-

Logical

LOG'ICAL, a.

1. Pertaining to logic; used in logic; as logical subtitles.

2. According to the rules of logic; as a logical argument or inference. This reasoning is strictly logical.

3. Skilled in logic; versed in the art of thinking and reasoning; discriminating; as a logical head.

Illogical

ILLOG'ICAL, a. [see Logical.] Ignorant or negligent of the rules of logic or correct reasoning; as an illogical disputant.

1. Contrary to the rules of logic or sound reasoning; as an illogical inference.

Faith is neither logical nor illogical. We can agree to disagree.

Someone may say that it is illogical to have faith in God. But if God exists, then it would be illogical not to have faith in God.

The existence of God is unproveable, as I have stated earlier. If the existence of God were proveable, it would not take faith.

Is it logical or illogical to believe in the existence of something you cannot prove? Is it logical or illogical for a man born blind to believe that there are different colors?

Deut-

Correct me if I am wrong, but this is the Lions den right?

This is the section of the board to post Christian opinions, arguments, sermons and so on. Even aggressive evangelism will be tolerated in this section of the forum. For more serious debate, go to the "Colosseum." For the most serious debate, go to the "Arena."

Expect heated responses here.

Mods, if I am out of line, just let me know.

I don't think he is a troll. He posted in another thread that God is a person. One that can't be proved or disproved... but proved to be a person apparently.

You said it duderonomy, nice name by the way, thats why I asked him to state his terms.

Thanks Lightbearer, your nic is cool too.

You may just be right about IG. He posted in a thread I started about grace and just had three lines of "Bwahaha's" with a mockery of the whole board slipped in for good measure for a response to a serious question.

I really hope that the mods just get rid of this person, whatever his motives.

Cerise-

To say that faith is illogical is incorrect-

Logical

LOG'ICAL, a.

1. Pertaining to logic; used in logic; as logical subtitles.

2. According to the rules of logic; as a logical argument or inference. This reasoning is strictly logical.

3. Skilled in logic; versed in the art of thinking and reasoning; discriminating; as a logical head.

Illogical

ILLOG'ICAL, a. [see Logical.] Ignorant or negligent of the rules of logic or correct reasoning; as an illogical disputant.

1. Contrary to the rules of logic or sound reasoning; as an illogical inference.

Faith is neither logical nor illogical. We can agree to disagree.

Someone may say that it is illogical to have faith in God. But if God exists, then it would be illogical not to have faith in God.

The existence of God is unproveable, as I have stated earlier. If the existence of God were proveable, it would not take faith.

Is it logical or illogical to believe in the existence of something you cannot prove? Is it logical or illogical for a man born blind to believe that there are different colors?

Technically, you could use the same arguments to say that faith in fairies or sandwich gnomes is logical.

As for whether belief in something you cannot prove is logical or illogical, I suppose that depend on what you intend to do with that believe. If a blind man believes there is a bridge for him to walk across, and has faith with all his heart that it's there even when evidence points to the contrary, I consider it a tad illogical (and dangerous) for him to step out off a divide.

Or, what's worse, lead other people off the divide with him.

deut-

Number one, I posted a serious response to your question. My response was mocked by hans. So I responded to his mocking.

BTW- You're a bit touchee. Ready to ban me already?? No wonder there aren't many fundies on here. You mock them and its funny. They mock you, they get banned. Nice.

Notice: I used the word touchee.

Cerise-

You did not answer the question about the man born blind, and I was interested in your answer. What sayest thou?

13 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

Popular thread?