Goodbye Jesus

Atheism Is For The Weak

InspectoGeneral

Thurisaz, You rock. Just thought I'd say that.

:wub:

(Watch how the rumors about my sexuality spring up everywhere :blink::lmao: )

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• InspectoGeneral

• Amanda

• Ouroboros

• Lightbearer

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thurisaz, You rock. Just thought I'd say that.

:wub:

(Watch how the rumors about my sexuality spring up everywhere :blink::lmao: )

And then the look on their faces once they find out that you have no genitalia whatsoever!! :lmao:

Waitaminute! Did I say that out loud? :twitch:

Sorry dude. It was an honest mistake. :shrug:

You'll be finding far more compassionate people here than on about any "Christian" site.

Compassion on a message board??????

A MESSAGE BOARD??????

You seem unable to understand just what compassion means... in this case it means "the humane quality of understanding the suffering of others and wanting to do something about it"

People dialoging with one another in a kind tone isn't compassion, it is common courtesy. Although not common here, it is in some parts.

You'll find that compassion is very common here... but you are doing well at showing your complete lack of it.

Anyway... you go back to being a trolling, idiotic twat and we'll go back to laughing at you for it.

You'll find that compassion is very common here... but you are doing well at showing your complete lack of it.

Come on, since when does a raving monotheist understand "compassion"? :lmao:

He is funny, though - I look forward to his insults, be he a real troll or yet another board member disguised as one :HaHa:

Yeah.....I've been wondering that a bit....

This is a message board!!!

Something he/she says a LOT.....

What point are they trying to make by saying that? And the only answer I can come up with, is how I felt on forums where I really didn't belong..... total lack of connectedness to the real live PEOPLE who were making the posts. Couldn't take 'text' seriously, or personally. Couldn't 'feel' any which way about words on a computer screen.

In real life, a person with that kind of general lack of 'reality sense' regarding other people is called a psychopath.

So really, this person is not a troll....

This person is either:

a) Someone who doesn't belong here, feels that lack of reality, and is bothered by it. Their attention needs aren't being met! After all, they are the center of the universe dammit! So they 'butt in' to get the attention they need, no matter if it's positive or negative. Sign of emotional immaturity.

b ) A Forum Psychopath!!! :eek:

Guess what? 'It' will NOT 'rub the lotion on its skin'! *proceeds to beat OP with live mini-poodle*

Wow! Look what I missed last night! Why, If I'd known about this thread, I'd have...oh, let's be honest: I'd have stayed on the couch watching "Bonanza". Damn those Cartwrights.

They have no position to defend. This is great for debate. You can attack the other guys position, but he can't attack your position. After all when you believe in nothing(as far as God is concerned) you have nothing to defend.

How much courage does it take to stand for nothing? None.

How much courage does it take to defend nothing? None.

How much intellect does it take to defend nothing? None.

Definitely for the weak.

Also, their attacks mainly consist of mocking the other side and asking stupid questions

Athiest logic.

I mock God, therefore there is no God.

Note: Mocking will follow this post, because its all they've got.

Also, they ask stupid questions like "Can you prove there is a God?"

Of course this is a stupid question along the line of "Have you stopped beating your wife?"

Why is it a stupid quesiton? A little geometry to illustrate. In geometry you have theorems and postulates. Postulates are accepted as fact, theorems are proven. If you reject the postulates, there is nothing to prove. You can't prove postulates, they must be accepted or rejected.

God's existence must be accepted or rejected.

Feel free to mock this post, since it's all you've got.

Having been through the merry go round of xianity, I can tell you now that I don't care for god, even if one exists. I don't think that god can be known anyway, so what's the point. I've quit caring about threats of fire, hell and punishment. I'm tired of them. I used to drive myself crazy, asking questions that I never got answers to, and now all I care about is the here and now and I rarely think of such things. Why worry about it, when this life is it. I, for one, don't see it as a bad thing.

You seem unable to understand just what compassion means... in this case it means "the humane quality of understanding the suffering of others and wanting to do something about it"

I feel your pain. See, I do have compassion.

Actually, Jesus died on a Cross to keep you out of Hell and all you do is mock Him.

Kind of like, if your car were stuck in a ditch and I came over to pull you out. And after pulling you out of the ditch; you mocked me, threw mud at me and told people what a rotten person I was.

Even if you are ungrateful that Jesus died for you, you don't have to mock Him.

Tow rope. $15

New shoes. $35

Redefining compassion to include yourself. Priceless.

Actually, Jesus died on a Cross to keep you out of Hell and all you do is mock Him.

Kind of like, if your car were stuck in a ditch and I came over to pull you out. And after pulling you out of the ditch; you mocked me, threw mud at me and told people what a rotten person I was.

Tow rope. $15

New shoes. $35

Redifining compassion to include yourself. Priceless.

su ot gnihcaerp pots ,noigiler taht ni rettihs eht hguorht neeb ev'ew ,susej tuoba tihs a sevig ohw ,murof naitsirhc-xe na si siht

and in English, I just said...

this is an ex-christian forum, who gives a shit about jesus, we've been through the shitter in that religion, stop preaching to us

backwards writing is a courtesy of http://www.writebackwards.com

Tow rope. $15

New shoes. $35

Redifining compassion to include yourself. Priceless.

Hmmmmm.... I think I know who you are now. Do others know who you really are? As I know they know you are NOT who you pretend to be... and yet I see them patronize you. I suspect you are a senior member... and I think I know which one. Should we take a survey to see if the majority can spot you? Would you admit who you are... or have most already figured it out and letting you play your game? I am rather sure I know who you are... :wicked:

Don't be too hard on him, Knightley - he's doing a bang-up job of helping us to display why we aren't Xians anymore. Come on, the arrogance, the baseless arguments, the insults - that helps us make our case very easily. As handy as a Xian who comes in here, insists on their personal experiences as being proof, and refusing to acknowledge the personal experiences of others when they contradict what the Xian offered to begin with.

They just never realize it's always lose-lose the minute they do anything but give up :HaHa:

Senior member trolling the board or actual Xian, it's still very funny :D

My attempt at reasonable dialogue is in the Collesium. I assure you that I am not a Senior member here.

My attempt at reasonable dialogue is in the Collesium. I assure you that I am not a Senior member here.

eeeeevol alalal ,evol lufituaeb a ,elihw a rof yats I nac ,elims lufituaeb a tahw

since you insist on speaking gibberish then I insist on doing that as well

And then the look on their faces once they find out that you have no genitalia whatsoever!! :lmao:

Waitaminute! Did I say that out loud? :twitch:

Sorry dude. It was an honest mistake. :shrug:

Careful rattie... there's still an empty cage over here! :nono:

:HaHa:

Come on, the arrogance, the baseless arguments, the insults - that helps us make our case very easily.

I may be alot of things, but these accusations are preposterous. :) Some people just can't take a joke.

And BTW, none of ya'll were ever actual Christians. Religious maybe, but not Christians.

And to blame Christians for not being a Christian is quite shallow. Try taking responsibility for your own actions instead of blaming someone else for a change.

I may be alot of things, but these accusations are preposterous. :) Some people just can't take a joke.

Nope, accusations are dead-on. We can take a joke - we're taking you, right? :HaHa:

And BTW, none of ya'll were ever actual Christians. Religious maybe, but not Christians.

Sour grapes much? :Wendywhatever:

And to blame Christians for not being a Christian is quite shallow. Try taking responsibility for your own actions instead of blaming someone else for a change.

I know Xians have trouble reading things in context (ie, the Babble) but I just said "helps." I certainly never credited a Xian with my departure from Xianity. I credit myself - for finally admitting that Jebus is a fraud after seeing how he doesn't live up to his promises nor can even possibly exist (given the contradictory nature of a god who is supposed to be all-good, all-loving, and all powerful all at the same time).

I also know lots of people read here but never post, and we can be sure there are fence-sitters in the mix. Every arrogant, dumb-as-dookey Xian who comes in here and fails to live up to the same old questions and problems we throw out is read by them. And their departure from the devil-worship that is Xianity, we can assume, is encouraged by threads like this. Hence, you help us make our case.

Thanks for playing :yellow:

. . . I also know lots of people read here but never post, and we can be sure there are fence-sitters in the mix. Every arrogant, dumb-as-dookey Xian who comes in here and fails to live up to the same old questions and problems we throw out is read by them. And their departure from the devil-worship that is Xianity, we can assume, is encouraged by threads like this. Hence, you help us make our case.

Thanks for playing :yellow:

I think that is, indeed, the purpose of the Dude who is posting on here as IG. After all, he's already admitted to being a troll but claims there's a reason behind his "spoofing."

I could be wrong, of course. He might just be an attention whore. And, it is almost impossible to determine whether a poster is actually a troll presenting parody or just the average "arrogant, dumb-as-dookey Xian" presenting precisely the same "thots" but actually believing them.

It's obvious you are a member here, from awhile back... if not a senior member. You also must be known by the mods, because it seems to me... they would not allow this spoofing to go for so long. Although, it is highly questionable to me as to why they allow this to continue... should you not be administration nor a senior member with an alterior motive. :Hmm:

This 'spoofing' allowed to endure for such a long time would seem to discount, at least, the validity of every so called "Christian" who comes on this site. Without integrity and sincerity to be considered as at least one of the most valued assets of this site, seems to compromise the high standards of overall genuiness which have long been appreciated, and perhaps taken for granted, by everyone here, IMO. A momentarily playful joke is an ok joke... but what advantage is there to making this site a joke?

It's obvious you are a member here, from awhile back... if not a senior member. You also must be known by the mods, because it seems to me... they would not allow this spoofing to go for so long. Although, it is highly questionable to me as to why they allow this to continue... should you not be administration nor a senior member with an alterior motive. :Hmm:

This 'spoofing' allowed to endure for such a long time would seem to discount, at least, the validity of every so called "Christian" who comes on this site. Without integrity and sincerity to be considered as at least one of the most valued assets of this site, seems to compromise the high standards of overall genuiness which have long been appreciated, and perhaps taken for granted, by everyone here, IMO. A momentarily playful joke is an ok joke... but what advantage is there to making this site a joke?

I'm with you, Amanda. I don't think these kinds of jokes are particularly amusing or helpful. We can have fun with real fundies -- and some good discussions with real christians who are open to a dialogue. But attempting a discussion with a poser seems like a waste of time to me.

We can have fun with real fundies -- and some good discussions with real christians who are open to a dialogue.

That's pretty arrogant to think that real Christians would come here for meaningful discussion. Why would they? To convert you back? It is fairly obvious that noone here has any interest or desire to to be converted.

Answer your questions??? Do you really want answers to your questions? Highly unlikely. You enjoy haveing those 'See, none can answer my question' questions. It justifies your position.

I haven't made this site a joke. To real Christians, this site is little more than a parody of itself. The feigned interest in serious discussion or debate fades quickly when one begins to read the many posts and exchanges.

I posted in the Lion's Den because this is where you site said I should post this kind of exchange. I apologize if the exchange was too much for the thin skinned and easily offended. As with most anti-Christian sites, you can dish it out, but you can't take it. If you really wanted serious discussioin, there are many who would engage. If you really wanted answers, there are many who could provide them. If I am not banned, I will return from time to time for any serious discussion, just send me a message.

We can have fun with real fundies -- and some good discussions with real christians who are open to a dialogue.

That's pretty arrogant to think that real Christians would come here for meaningful discussion. Why would they? To convert you back? It is fairly obvious that noone here has any interest or desire to to be converted.

Beings though you are here, I take it to mean by your own statement you're not a real Christian? Well that's nice to know. Many who perceive themselves as real Christians come here for a wide variety of reasons, not necessarily to convert us back. IG you love to use your broad brush to paint everyone in your perfect narrow little box, why is that?

Athesits can have morals if they want, or not have morals if they don't want. They can believe in evolution or believe they came from aliens. Atheism doesn't constrain you to hold to any other positions. That is why it is a position for the weak. You aren't required to defend what you believe becaue you aren't constrained to believe anything.

And where does being 'constrianed' put you in regards to unprovable assertions?

Closing your mind to other options - (Not seeing the unicorn because you are focused on the pegasus)

In a position of superiority - (I have the truth so they are not equal to me)

How many things of the 'unknown' or 'unprovable' realm are you not constrained to believe in?

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.” Stephen Roberts

I'm not an atheist, but I don't feel I have to have everyone else believe as I do.

Climb down off that high-horse before you fall.

Au contrare monfrair-

I am a real Christian. This thread was posted to feel things out. Anti-christians are generally very combative. Not all, but many are.

The labels of uncompassionate and arrogant don't bother me at all, you'll be called names no matter what postion you take or what disposition you have.

As to why I am here? I stumbled on this site quite by accident. I don't take posting on message boards as serious as some others do. Many are offended that I would post such things and have labeled me as a non Chrstian for the things I have posted. Some people taek themselves way too serious.

Most sites like this aren't used to dealing with Christians who don't back down and cower. And when they do, they call for their banning. :)

Au contrare monfrair-

I am a real Christian. This thread was posted to feel things out. Anti-christians are generally very combative. Not all, but many are.

The labels of uncompassionate and arrogant don't bother me at all, you'll be called names no matter what postion you take or what disposition you have.

As to why I am here? I stumbled on this site quite by accident. I don't take posting on message boards as serious as some others do. Many are offended that I would post such things and have labeled me as a non Chrstian for the things I have posted. Some people taek themselves way too serious.

Most sites like this aren't used to dealing with Christians who don't back down and cower. And when they do, they call for their banning. :)

This site isn't like that, Your knee jerk reaction to assume you'll be banned from boards probably has less to do with your ideology and more to do with your personality. I'm basing this comment on the substance of things you've said since you've been here. You're not a very pleasant person and have an arrogance about you that well rubs people the wrong way. You come in here verbally spewing conjecture and false accusations and base this on what you believe to be true instead of finding out the facts of who/what we are first. You most likely won't be banned here, You probably will get a nice little Christian Icon with something funny posted about you.. but you get to stand or fall on your own. people are very rarely banned from Ex-C.

We encourage Xtians to come and challenge our lack of beliefs.. Its fun for some of us. You've made an awful lot of wrong assumptions about the people here. Stand or fall on your own merit and stop waiting or begging to get booted.

Second, I can think of no knowledge that one would seek here. The term knowledge indicates that there are things one could be certain of. The only thing that is certain on this board is that nothing is certain. Contradictory?

Earlier on, you stated this:

The point is that you can't prove God. God is unprovable. I state this plainly. I do not intend to prove the existence of God.

Why is God unprovable? Is it because you have no knowledge about God? But yet, you state that "the term knowledge indicates that there are things one could be certain of." Contradictory?

Nothing is certain about what is unknown, therefore, one cannot claim knowledge about uncertainties. The only thing one can be certain about is things that can be measured, tested, verified, and proven. Yet, once again, you claim that God can't be proven. :twitch: