Goodbye Jesus

Atheism Is For The Weak

InspectoGeneral

You're just here to stir up the flock and observe the reaction, aren't you, InspectorGadget?

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• InspectoGeneral

• Amanda

• Ouroboros

• Lightbearer

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Where is this 100 page thread?

Flowers are television.

Care to reply? I'm being pretty polite and I am not mocking you. :woohoo:

The atheist thread will remain a mystery young grasshopper.

It should be "Flowers is television"

Thanks for your hospitality.

Speaking of people born blind. Did you know that Jesus was the first one to open the eyes of the blind? No one in the Old Testament ever open the eyes of the blind. It was a fulfillment of the prophecy in "Isa 42:7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house."

Oh ye of little Knowledge... Please do some research, He was not the first.. Vespasian was.

In fact, when John the Baptist asked whether Jesus was the one who should come, He responded with "Go and shew John again those things which ye do hear and see: The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them."

Also.. pagan gods even raised the dead and healed the sick.

Isis or Aesclepius for starters... If you don't believe it so.. it's only because One can assume you're to weak to look at history. (?) :shrug:

Master Po,

You are afraid that the student may run past the Master. In fact, you should be proud that you have taught me thus.

I stand proud, Inspecto. You have served your purpose. Thank you. Every time I shave in the mirror in the shower, I'll thank you.

diggin'... my mom believed in him. That persona will be harder to put away with.

But such is the burden of truth for Duderonomy.

The atheist thread will remain a mystery young grasshopper.

It should be "Flowers is television"

Thanks for your hospitality.

That's how it was originally but I changed it to "are" because of the plural "flowers" not "flower" or better yet "a flower"

See what I am saying?

Jesus God, LB, but enough already with the flowers.

No, I don't see what you are saying. :vent:

okay

post-1012-1154255142_thumb.jpg

Atheist - "Not at all. It's not hard to defend nothing. We just mock people who believe something. Since we have no position they can never attack us."

Not hard to defend nothing. I was just pointing out that you have no position. A debate with somone that has no position isn't a debate.

Unsupported assertion: That atheists are out to just mock the believers.

Plus, it's the standard cheap cop-out.

If atheists wanted to mock all non-atheists I should've noticed by now, considering that I've been here since the end of '03. Join me to watch this "argument" of fundie brat go down in flames. :pureevil:

Anyway, what atheists can and often do defend is their reasons to believe that there is no deity controlling the universe... or for disbelieving in any deity, however you want to put it.

Gee, fundie brat lost it. Totally and irrevocably. What a surpriiiiiiiiise... :lmao:

BTW - I understand Atheistm quite well.

Standard fundie lie.

This is not "www.toleranceforfuckingliars.net".

Religious people are lazy, because they can't think for themselves, but need a book and teachers to know what to do, think and believe.

Tsk tsk Hans... how good for both of us that I know how you mean it ;)

Hey Hans-

You think that God doesn't exist because you mock Him and think my logic is faulty. :rollin

That does it. Bye bye fundie brat, it was hilarious while it lasted.

*PLONK*

:vtffani:

Amanda, you said,

"Duderonomy, I have been participating on your thread also, yet the way IG has posted, it has messed up the way it is presented on my monitor. It is too wide in order to accommodate his post, which I am suspecting is probably why IG did it that way. Is there any way I can fix the way it is projected onto my monitor so that it is the normal width?"

Me too! The 'grace' thread, right? I thought it was something I did when I started the thread! What the heck??

:oDuderonomy... No, it's NOT you!!! I suppose it has to be corrected by a moderator. *sigh* Once it is corrected, I'm sure more people will participate there, including me. :wink:

Speaking of people born blind. Did you know that Jesus was the first one to open the eyes of the blind? No one in the Old Testament ever open the eyes of the blind. It was a fulfillment of the prophecy in "Isa 42:7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house."

:)Inspector General, have you ever thought to be considering that perhaps this is talking about the religious right that are blind, existing in prison, and sitting in darkness? If you look at the NT teachings, "Jesus" only scolded the religous right for their egotistical ways... because they were blinded by arrogance, sitting in a prison keeping them away from having wonderful compassion, and this self elitist prison is keeping them in darkness. You'll be finding far more compassionate people here than on about any "Christian" site. Yet, if you're sitting in darkness, I guess you can't see it. :shrug:

You would be very fortunate for this site to call you family, and a little more respect could still allow that to happen. :)

To everyone here...

I have to admit to the truth. I am InspectoGeneral, I am diggin', and I am also Duderonomy.

Sometimes, my mind just runs away with me.

Duder

If so, this will be the second time recently that a long-time board member has posed as a fundie and created a long, rambling, ultimately meaningless thread in order to get his jollies and gain some attention, which is apparently missing in his life. Am I the only one here who thinks this kind of "joke" is not particularly funny but, rather, an annoying waste of time? :Hmm:

After a couple more glasses it will be quite easy to be on IG's level.

I meant InfidelGuy...sorry.

:HaHa: Ooops. Maybe I shouldn't use the IG?

Okay, it'll be InGen instead.

Religious people are lazy, because they can't think for themselves, but need a book and teachers to know what to do, think and believe.

But aren't you lazy? I thought that is one of the most common human traits. :grin:

Next you'll say that I'm incomprehesible.

... Hahahahahahahaa... ROFLMAO!!! That reminds me of the little funny clip from a comedy show.

"Why do I need subtitles?"

"Because you're incomprehensible."

Okay. What you do mean InGen? I don't understand what you're saying.

Is that any way to treat someone who just arrived??

Yup. You get a very nice treatment... compared to other times. I think the Lion's is asleep or something.

Ya'll are rude!!!!!!!!

Not yet. I haven't even started.

BTW - Hans, you proved quite readily that serious discussion in this place is an utter joke. You are going to mock those who engage you, and then 'question' their sincerity. Nice. Openminded actually tries to have dialoge whith ya'll, but gets mocked like everyone else. So go ahead and have your pity party, the whole world is against you, blah blah blah. Bunch of cry babies.

:lmao: Okay... who is playing the fundy? That was a dead giveaway. No newbie calls me Hans, they all call me Han. So who is it?

Asimov? You it?

I'm surprised mostly by my reaction. I knew this was a pointless debate that was encouraged by stupidity but I keep on reading. It was like I was in awe at how stupid someone could be or maybe I was angry. I could have just left and not come back but I stayed and participated. Here is a quote from Billy Madison that I believe applies to this thread.

Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

But aren't you lazy? I thought that is one of the most common human traits. :grin:

That much is true of course... :)

Can you call anything music or anything art?

You deny that music exists? or art?

What is racket to one person, is music to another. What is junk to one person, is art to another.

My point was simply that logic and reason don't apply to everything.

Except when you use fuzzy logic.

Actually both music and art are extremely mathematical.

Music follow mathematical rules. You don't have a random beat. You don't have random notes. Bach was very smart in math. Invented the tempered keyboard. 12th root of 2 (2^(1/12)~(1.05946...)) is the number between each half-note. The keyboard is tuned to an A, 440 Hz. One octave down A is 220 Hz, yet another octave 110 Hz. Or go the other way on octave up you have 880 Hz. I could explain why certain tones (terse, quints) harmonize more than others, and also about the theoretical "missing tone" in the system. But I don't have time. Music is math. Math is logic. Hence Music is logic.

Several famous painters were very logical and mathematical in their process of making the paintings. Leonardo Da Vinci is one. Some of these guys kept a log book of exact amounts of each color the mixed. Both painting and photography follow rules how to place things, you have certain focus spots on the canvas. The golden ration is very important, 1/2(1+sqrt(5))~1.618. Everything we find beautiful follows that ratio. Art and beauty is math.

When we create art and music, we follow the mathematical ruls without knowing it.

Dhampir-

The fact that logic can be applied to something in some way doesn't mean that it applies to everything. For instance, is a tree logical? Logic doesn't apply. It may be logical to believe that trees exist because you have seen a tree, but the tree itsef is neither logical nor illogical.

Is it logical for a man born blind to believe that there are different colors?

The question is rather "is it reasonable for a born blind to believe there are different colors?".

You like the word "logic" a lot and you use it for everything you say.

Your question is a logical question, but we don't know if the blind person is using logic to believe in different colors unless we can get an argument that he base it on. He might believe it. And he might have a logical argument for it. But we don't know if his argument follows the rules of logic or not, unless we get such a statement.

You're funny guy. You're using logic to prove that logic doesn't exist.

That much is true of course... :)

Maybe I should amend my statement with ", but some become religious because they like the mead." That better? :HaHa:

:lmao: Okay... who is playing the fundy? That was a dead giveaway. No newbie calls me Hans, they all call me Han. So who is it?

HanSolo... Oh perceptive wise one... you are definitely right on that one! :3:

I'm surprised mostly by my reaction. I knew this was a pointless debate that was encouraged by stupidity but I keep on reading. It was like I was in awe at how stupid someone could be or maybe I was angry. I could have just left and not come back but I stayed and participated.

Taylork, I felt it was a spoof pretty early on, yet I did get sucked back into it... till I read HanSolo's post of being referred to by Hans by a newbie. :49:

I think people participate on threads like this because of different reasons. Some think of it as a mystery... who is it really? Others like the sparring match? Maybe some are amused by some fundy people's reasoning... or maybe it makes some feel better that we weren't the only ones to fall for some of these myths? :shrug:

My interest now is who could this be? :scratch: Will we ever find out? :beg:

And HanSolo... about the analogy of color and the blind person... Let's say the blind person can not conceive of the concept of colors due to his condition, and honestly outspoken about it... do we throw him in an everlasting pit of fire of torture for all his life or do we keep him in society and accept him just the way he is?

BTW - Have any of you ever tried to describe colors to someone born blind?

Nope. Not tried it yet.

And HanSolo... about the analogy of color and the blind person... Let's say the blind person can not conceive of the concept of colors due to his condition, and honestly outspoken about it... do we throw him in an everlasting pit of fire of torture for all his life or do we keep him in society and accept him just the way he is?

Good question. I guess we have to burn him on the stake.

You'll be finding far more compassionate people here than on about any "Christian" site.

Compassion on a message board??????

A MESSAGE BOARD??????

Hey, does anyone have a cup of sugar I can borrow?

Sure, here you go.

People dialoging with one another in a kind tone isn't compassion, it is common courtesy. Although not common here, it is in some parts. If you can't be big, don't belittle.

Also, if you're not true to your teeth, they'll be false to you!!!!!!!! Words to live by.

Thurisaz-

You're a moron.

Game over. Please try again.

Hans-

Except when you use fuzzy logic.

Actually both music and art are extremely mathematical.

Music follow mathematical rules. You don't have a random beat. You don't have random notes. Bach was very smart in math. Invented the tempered keyboard. 12th root of 2 (2^(1/12)~(1.05946...)) is the number between each half-note. The keyboard is tuned to an A, 440 Hz. One octave down A is 220 Hz, yet another octave 110 Hz. Or go the other way on octave up you have 880 Hz. I could explain why certain tones (terse, quints) harmonize more than others, and also about the theoretical "missing tone" in the system. But I don't have time. Music is math. Math is logic. Hence Music is logic.

Several famous painters were very logical and mathematical in their process of making the paintings. Leonardo Da Vinci is one. Some of these guys kept a log book of exact amounts of each color the mixed. Both painting and photography follow rules how to place things, you have certain focus spots on the canvas. The golden ration is very important, 1/2(1+sqrt(5))~1.618. Everything we find beautiful follows that ratio. Art and beauty is math.

When we create art and music, we follow the mathematical ruls without knowing it.

I am well aware of the presence of logic and math in art and science. However, my point was that a persons taste in one music over another has nothing to do with logic, same with art. And beauty is in the eye of the beholder, that is if the beholder has an eye.

You said:

You're funny guy. You're using logic to prove that logic doesn't exist.

I have not stated or implied that logic doesn't exist, only that it has limitations. Just because your car radio doesn't recieve tv signals, doesn't mean they don't exist.

BTW - Have any of you ever tried to describe colors to someone born blind?

Nope. Not tried it yet.

It's not that difficult.

Wow,

I was surfing and posting last night, and throwing back some suds.

I thought it would be funny if I confessed to being IG, etc. as the thread didn't seem to have point anyway.

I have to go on record as saying that I am Not anybody but 'Duderonomy'. I don't know if IG is a troll, or if it's a joke, but I guess I got sucked into the thread too. :Doh:

Duder

Maybe I should amend my statement with ", but some become religious because they like the mead." That better? :HaHa:

That would be Fwee, not me (if there ever comes the day when he admits what he already knows deep down inside... :lmao: )

Honestly, of course I'm lazy to a degree. However, intellectual laziness didn't play any role in my joining the Asatruar... unless you want to define emotional reasons as really being intellectual lazizess. :blink:;)

Ugh.

I got on the 'puter during Shark Week for this?

I put down my new book "Serial Killer Files" for this?

I stopped playing Pharaoh/Cleopatra for this?

Since this is a 'message board', and I'm a deist and not an atheist, I have truly wasted my time reading this thread. But hope springs eternal that a newbie christian will come along who is worth talking to.

Tis' a rare event indeed.

Ugh.

I got on the 'puter during Shark Week for this?

I put down my new book "Serial Killer Files" for this?

I stopped playing Pharaoh/Cleopatra for this?

I don't know about you, but I'm rather enjoying lurking on this exchange. Like witnessing a bad accident.

Thurisaz, You rock. Just thought I'd say that.

What?

There's sharks on the Discovery channel? Go figer!!

What?

There's sharks on the Discovery channel? Go figer!!

Shark Week AGAIN??????

Where the fuck is Spider Week? Spiders are infinitely more interesting than sharks.

What the world needs is more television about spiders.