Goodbye Jesus

Influence of the Holy Spirit

Mythra

I think dubya is going to help forge a new christianity with the help of stupid/greedy and intolerant Americans

The evangelicals and baptists are very different than the baptists of our Founding Fathers era.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dogmatically_challenged

• Ouroboros

• Mythra

• Burry The Rag

I think dubya is going to help forge a new christianity with the help of stupid/greedy and intolerant Americans

The evangelicals and baptists are very different than the baptists of our Founding Fathers era.

Dubyanism - It's not about what you say but how you say it.

Motto:

"Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice... uh... shame on you?"

Dubyanism - It's not about what you say but how you say it.

Motto:

"Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice... uh... shame on you?"

If you look closly dubya owes his movements and getsures to strings. It's unfortunate for Republicans that he has to talk in order to be president.

They should just give him an ear/radio to help him.

If you look closly dubya owes his movements and getsures to strings. It's unfortunate for Republicans that he has to talk in order to be president.

They should just give him an ear/radio to help him.

Maybe a hand puppet would work better. :grin:

Americans for the most part are fat, want the quik buck, don't want to adapt, and have very short attention spans.

Have we met before?

Guess what I am doing right now?

I live in the USA

I am eating Cheese flavored Doritoes

Drinking my 4th beer

40 pounds overwieght

not working ( but looking for a quick buck, even if its means teaching worship songs))

and i took 125 mg. of Adult ADD meds this morning.

Lol no joke.

Have we met before?

Guess what I am doing right now?

I live in the USA

I am eating Cheese flavored Doritoes

Drinking my 4th beer

40 pounds overwieght

not working ( but looking for a quick buck, even if its means teaching worship songs))

and i took 125 mg. of Adult ADD meds this morning.

Lol no joke.

My apologies. I wasn't clear perhaps. Do you let these comforts get in the way of caring for yourself or other people? Moderate drinking, and even tieing one on from time to time is ok for most but not all. Is imbibing alcohol and eating fatty foods something that everyone must do? Is it a commandment from THE god? Or is it merely a comfort that some people can hack? You may be reading more into my anology. Also, I can fail to say what I mean coherently sometimes. ( I think Madame M and pitchu are very coherent writers. :wub: )

Many Americans want more for less. I should have said they want an easy buck. This is not necessarily bad, but can be, and usually is for most Americans that are religious..in IMHO. It's what I've seen especially in the SBC. Not all are like that but enough are.

I can't always type coherently and so must edit my posts. Also I am very young. I can be corrected.

I may have to back peddle on some of what I said Hans. hehe. What I meant by fat is that when it comes to money and possesions many are mindless glutons.

OH, NICE TO SEE WE"RE TALKIN ABOUT THE INFLUENCE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT WHICH IS WHAT I STARTED THIS FUCKING THREAD ABOUT.

(just kidding)

I was kinda enjoying reading the dialog.

Burry TR - I see you're here. Sorry to give you a hard time, man. You seem like a pretty o.k. guy. Some of us are just still a little touchy about the FAITH.

You're amongst a pretty tough crowd here, though, cause you can't convince us how great it is doin the walk. We've all already been there, done that.

Some of what I say might be garbage, but I can't know that until someone starts to punch holes in my understandings. Or I can't know what is weak in my thoughts imediately. I do try to find holes in my opinions.

Sorry for hijacking the thread Mythra it is very good question that you are bringing up.

OH, NICE TO SEE WE"RE TALKIN ABOUT THE INFLUENCE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT WHICH IS WHAT I STARTED THIS FUCKING THREAD ABOUT.

(just kidding)

I was kinda enjoying reading the dialog.

:lmao::lmao:

YEAH, SORRY MAN! WE KIND'A GOT CARRIED AWAY!

:grin:

Nah, I was just shittin you guys. I've hijacked a couple myself. You just get to talkin and go where it takes you. It's cool.

Mythra

Supposedly, when a person accepts Christ into their life, they are filled with the Holy Spirit who comforts, guides, and gives them instruction into understanding the word of god.

Even if I misunderstand scripture this is an evidence in itself that the bible is not a revelation of god and the holy spirit fails miserably because I must trust the understandings of the bible scholars. A revelation from god would be a first hand thing were no one contradicts eachother. Clearly the bible is not inspired by a god.

I guess even the HS can't make sense of the gobbledygook. The HS probably keeps sayin "why the fuck he have to write THAT?" now what am I gonna do?

Like I said in another thread. Even Martin Luther couldn't make sense of it. He called the book of James the "Epistle of Straw". Another way to say, "what the fuck, this shit don't add up".

I guess even the HS can't make sense of the gobbledygook.  The HS probably keeps sayin "why the fuck he have to write THAT?"  now what am I gonna do?

Like I said in another thread.  Even Martin Luther couldn't make sense of it.  He called the book of James the "Epistle of Straw".  Another way to say, "what the fuck, this shit don't add up".

HAHAHAHA!!! LOL!

This is why I have a profound respect for deists, even though I disagree with them.

One of the problems is that there is different versions of X-insanity, and some of them believe that the HS will fill you and change you and make you a better person, while others only consider the HS be you guide to become a better person with time.

So if one Christian believe that we're sinners and during our lifetime we get slowly purified with the help of the HS, then it's pretty hard to compare a Christian with a non Christian.

Catholics and Lutherans I think are more into the purification process, so in a sense, sin is somewhat still accepted after conversion.

Tough subject... It's very subjective, even though I agree to that if HS really does change you, it should show, much more than it does.

I met a person once in our church, that seemed to be fairly nice guy etc, it later got to everyones knowledge that this guy was searched by the police for fraud and scams. What really shocked me was that the "Spirit Filled" management got fooled too. Huh, ain't that something, they "Holy-ghost-tongue-speaking-prophesying-healing-cast-out-demon-blah-blah" pastors of the church didn't see it.

And we're talking about a church of 2000 "spirit-filled...yada-yada-blark-blark-blark-gak-gak' people.

Martin Luther was an intellectual whore and a bigot to boot. The jews have more integrity. -->Good works<--

The bible is a tangled mess.

Martin Luther was an intellectual whore and a bigot to boot.

The bible is a tangled mess.

Well, aren't we in a chipper mode today. :grin: Just teasing!

You can say that at least we have him to thank for breaking the bondage the Catholic Church had on Europe. Until then, there weren't no options. (double negative, hehe)

Why would the Holy Spirit give a thousand different people a thousand different interpretations of scripture?

Where is the unity proclaimed by Christ in the gospels?

What it comes down to (in my humble opinion) is that there are just as many different kinds of christians as there are different kinds of people.  There is no evidence whatsoever that there is any H.S. influence.

If you're going to give the argument of free will, and that God will not override anyone's free will,  I've already heard that one.

I can definitely understand why you feel that way! It doesn't look too good for the name "Christianity" does it?

Yet, could there be a difference between reading about the Holy Spirit and experiencing/knowing the Holy Spirit? One can read all about it all one wants, yet if there is never an expereience together with the Holy Spirit... then does one really know the Holy Spirit? I can read everything about Brad Pitt there is out there, perhaps I could even tell you the name of his dog, yet unfortunately I assure you... that will not mean I know him.

Besides, some may open the door... some may even recognize the Holy Spirit, some let him in, yet few ever let the Holy Spirit take over. Perhaps there are some that know the Holy Spirit by another name, maybe some know him and have given him no name... and maybe some of these people have let him take over without pontificating to the world and let their actions do the talking.... maybe.

The KJV Strong's Version

Matthew 7

7:15

Beware * of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

7:20

Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

7:21

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven

7:22

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

7:23

And then will I profess unto them *, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity

Well, aren't we in a chipper mode today.  :grin: Just teasing!

You can say that at least we have him to thank for breaking the bondage the Catholic Church had on Europe. Until then, there weren't no options. (double negative, hehe)

Out of the frying pan.....

Yeah. I think so too. I was as sincere as they come, and at the time, I was kinda convinced about the HS being there, but in looking back, I'm pretty sure I was just playin mind hockey.

The ONLY thing that saved me from enslavement was my childish demands that god visit me and give me a hug and a kiss like my mom and dad did. hehe. Thats where it all started. Not for intellectual reasons.

AMANDA: READ MY LIPS EX_CHRISTIAN

This ain't the intermediate sunday school class. I was a praise and worship leader in several different churches. Asked Jeesuss into my heart 25 years ago.

She can only sandbag using the gems so she can ignor the blatantly evil things biblegawd is credited of doing.

Is she for real? Quoting THOSE scriptures?

If by there fruits you shall know them, then christianity is rotten to the core.

She is a sandbagger. edit--> thats proof that shes a nice Christian. hehe.