Goodbye Jesus

Influence of the Holy Spirit

Mythra

I can definitely understand why you feel that way! It doesn't look too good for the name "Christianity" does it?

Yet, could there be a difference between reading about the Holy Spirit and experiencing/knowing the Holy Spirit? One can read all about it all one wants, yet if there is never an expereience together with the Holy Spirit... then does one really know the Holy Spirit? I can read everything about Brad Pitt there is out there, perhaps I could even tell you the name of his dog, yet unfortunately I assure you... that will not mean I know him.

Besides, some may open the door... some may even recognize the Holy Spirit, some let him in, yet few ever let the Holy Spirit take over. Perhaps there are some that know the Holy Spirit by another name, maybe some know him and have given him no name... and maybe some of these people have let him take over without pontificating to the world and let their actions do the talking.... maybe. 

The KJV Strong's Version   

Matthew 7     

7:15

Beware * of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 

7:20

Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. 

7:21

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven

7:22

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 

7:23

And then will I profess unto them *, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity

The funny thing here is that I don’t think we disagree to much with you that this could be a correct and good Theology, but the fact that even if you are correct, many so called Christian would disagree with you! There's to many different opinions among the followers.

And that will bring up the question: who’s right?

Every one of these verses could be used by one denomination to criticize the other denominations.

For instance, what are the fruits? What fruits are we looking for here? Should it be love and caring for the poor and needy? Speaking soft and mild words to everyone?

And it’s easy to say “beware of false prophets”, but it seems like that every prophet is false.

So how can we follow the spirit, when only the Word declares there is a spirit, and people that say they follow the spirit can’t agree on what the spirit is saying in the Word!

I’m not trying to bring you down Amanda, you have good points, but where is the real foundation for a claim that the spirit can do this or that, when in the reality, it is only a subjective experience that can’t be confirmed or validated.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dogmatically_challenged

• Ouroboros

• Mythra

• Burry The Rag

Nice Hans. Gods I love this forum. People break it down as it really is.

If "by their fruits you shall know them" I wonder if she's referring to the Crusades, the Inquisition, or the Salem Witch Trials? All fine testaments to the power of the holy spirit.

ROFL!!! :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Actually, I'm quite familiar with the "I never knew you" scripture. It was used every Sunday to try to get the saved to come down front and try and get saved again, just in case it didn't take the first time.

If "by their fruits you shall know them" I wonder if she's referring to the Crusades, the Inquisition, or the Salem Witch Trials?  All fine testaments to the power of the holy spirit.

My personal preference would be the Salem.

Let's burn them! -- Just kidding.

--

Funny thing that "fruits of the spirit".

Is it going fruity of the spirit, or is it the fruity spirit?

Is the HS fruity? Maybe a fruitcake?

Which fruit? Rotten Apples?

Didn't Adam and Eve get into trouble for the fruit?

So, no thanks. God can't fool us again.

He did it once, once is enough.

Fool me once to eat the fruit (eternal damnation and the whole shit), shame on Eve.

Fool me twice to eat the fruit --- Muahhaahaa, shame on you Bubba.

:woohoo:

The HS is fruity in the fact that it must take offense to being called names, just like a five year old child. It refuses to be tested and can't take it when it is misunderstood for teh devil.

It could prove to everyone, even the jews, if it were real. Obviously it supported a semi pagan belief system.

I think Amanda's the one that Neil ended up calling a retard on another thread. She doesn't have any clue. Even the description of her faith: all things are a part of God? That's as new age as they come, yet her post was fundy. Can you have a split personality indwelling of the Holy Spirit?

If we know who’s the true follower of the Holy Spirit by the Fruit, and the fruit is the Fruit of Knowledge in the Genesis. Then I guess we, atheists, are the true followers…

Another little story:

The Christian – Oh, I’m dead, I can see the pearly gates!

Knock, knock

St. Peter – Who is it?

C – It’s me, John, I’m dead and I was a good christian my whole life, I’m going into heaven!

P – No you’re not!

C - …! What? Why not?

P – God changed his mind!

C – What the Hell are you talking about?

P – He changed it an eon ago, because he couldn’t make up his mind which religion was the true one.

C – So what? I believe in him!

P – I know, but even if you said the right things and stuff, you just didn’t believe right.

C – What the fuck are you talking about man? I prayed for people and they got healed!

P – Yes, Yes, but you see, it was to tricky to find out who was a true follower or not, so God changed the rules.

C – To what?

P – Only the atheists get in. They at least had the fruit of Knowledge.

C – Go to HELL!

P – Sorry, but you are…

How can a part of god not believe in its self? I asked her that. heehee.

If we know who’s the true follower of the Holy Spirit by the Fruit, and the fruit is the Fruit of Knowledge in the Genesis. Then I guess we are the true followers…

Like I though, another little story:

The Christian – Oh, I’m dead, I can see the pearly gates!

Knock, knock

St. Peter – Who is it?

C – It’s me, John, I’m dead and I was a good christian my whole life, I’m going into heaven!

P – No you’re not!

C - …! What? Why not?

P – God changed his mind!

C – What the Hell are you talking about?

P – He changed it an eon ago, because he couldn’t make up his mind which religion was the true one.

C – So what? I believe in him!

P – I know, but even if you said the right things and stuff, you just didn’t believe right.

C – What the fuck are you talking about man? I prayed for people and they got healed!

P – Yes, Yes, but you see, it was to tricky to find out who was a true follower or not, so God changed the rules.

C – To what?

P – Only the atheists get in. They at least had the fruit of Knowledge.

C – Go to HELL!

P – Sorry, but you are…

AMEN BROTHAH!!!!

:lmao:

I think Amanda's the one that Neil ended up calling a retard on another thread.  She doesn't have any clue.  Even the description of her faith: all things are a part of God?  That's as new age as they come, yet her post was fundy.  Can you have a split personality indwelling of the Holy Spirit?

Sure why not? When you are living in lala land everything is possible and the word probable is a dirty atheist word.

bible god is either gods that are in a commitee that is in perfect agreement or it is a god with a split personality. So for her theres room for many more personalities. Our ancestors opened the door for her when they were sitting in the councels deciding shit.

They either worship gods and need to lay off the pagans fo worshiping more than one god or they worship a god with a mental disorder. I chose both answers.

Ok, that explains it. I know which fruit it is...

Banana Split. :)

Sure why not? When you are living in lala land everything is possible and the word probable is a dirty atheist word.

bible god is either gods that are in a commitee that is in perfect agreement or it is a god with a split personality. So for her theres room for many more personalities. Our ancestors opened the door for her when they were sitting in the councels deciding shit.

They either worship gods and need to lay off the pagans fo worshiping more than one god or they worship a god with a mental disorder. I chose both answers.

She is not constistent. Just like all Christians aren't in thier beliefs.

You, know, all kidding aside, it's sad when a christian thinks that they are thinking on their own and dealing out wisdom by quoting scripture. There's another scripture that says that the word of god will not come back void. That's the one that toddler christians like Amanda are thinking of when they just slam down a couple of verses and run. Like the bible is magic or something.

Bang. Convicted. That's it guys. That one got me. I'm tired of wallerin with the pigs and I'm headed home. fuck.

As I said before I only became atheist for childish reasons. I wanted a hug and a kiss from god. It didn't happen and then thats were I started questioning things.

I have to deal with magical thinking from people ALL the time. It drives me nutz and I can't say anything because no one can take me seriously since they are "older and understand things better than i would."

If you wanna see how mentally challenged Amanda is, look on the romans 1 thread. Her and Troy could do the lobotomy disconnected two-step with each other. I guess in a forum like this, it's like Forest Gump. You just never know what you're gonna get. And that's all I have to say about that.

Hehe!!!

Yes you are right on the money there. But there is something about her I like over Troy.

dog - you'd have me convinced that you really are juvenile, but I've read some of your other posts. You're brilliant when you want to be. You're not foolin me for a second.

You, know, all kidding aside, it's sad when a christian thinks that they are thinking on their own and dealing out wisdom by quoting scripture.  There's another scripture that says that the word of god will not come back void.  That's the one that toddler christians like Amanda are thinking of when they just slam down a couple of verses and run.  Like the bible is magic or something.

Bang.  Convicted.  That's it guys.  That one got me.  I'm tired of wallerin with the pigs and I'm headed home.  fuck.

Yeah, I wonder why? I think I did that too, it's just so long ago, so it's hard to remember. I probably did that too.

Wait here... I did it because I thought the Word had a magical power in itself, that if you told someone words from the scripture, the HS would work on the person and eventually turn their hearts around. That's it, like magical words. Abracadabra!

And the reason why I believed that? Because the teaching was like that. "Hear the word, and it will create faith in you." So after all that hearing faith words, I still lost my faith... I probably have 2-3000 hours of preaching on the gauge in my ears.

dog - you'd have me convinced that you really are juvenile, but I've read some of your other posts.  You're brilliant when you want to be.  You're not foolin me for a second.

I appreciate what you say...but it is more healthy for me to acknowlege that I know nothing. Judging and thinking I am better is something I am really working hard on. I know it is false and not beneficial. I make many mistakes and I'm glad you see that too.

I appreciate what you say...but it is more healthy for me to acknowlege that I know nothing. Judging and thinking I am better is something I am really working hard on. I make many mistakes and I'm glad you see that too.

That's a very healthy attitude in my opinion.

I'm trying to maintain the same one, but I know I'm sooo goood, and I'm very humble too, so humble that I can admit it. :grin: JUST KIDDIN!!1!1

Hehe!!! Your kids are very lucky Hans.

Hehe!!! Your kids are very lucky Hans.

Yeah they are. They get a good beating every night, and have to watch Lucy reruns whole weekends. And only eat dog food. :)

No, serious. They have a good life, much better than I had. I wish they would know how to appreciate it a bit more, but they will turn out fine.

The only problem that is more critical, is that they start showing tendencies of a really crazy, stupid and whacko humor, causing me to have laugh attacks, and it's not supposed to be like that. The wacko humor and puns belong to me. It's my domain. I'M THE PUN-MASTER IN MY HOUSE!!!

Life is not a bed of roses but some people really have it good I think.