Goodbye Jesus

What Would Make You A Non-believer?

TexasFreethinker

Sonya's husband,

You are so rude and stupid, and I'm tired of hearing accusations that we causing or leading people away from your delusional religion, so I put your account on 10 day suspension.

Will that be enough to show you that YOU came to us to be de-converted, we DID NOT go to you to bring you in.

If you think we're pushing THEN DON'T FUCKING COME HERE TO DISCUSS!!! And learn how to spell! PLZ!1!11!

And by the way, thanks for showing your true loving face by shouting to us "DIE AND GO TO HELL!" That must be Jesus speaking through you. The Holy Spirit is really showing of in your stupid, evil, soul.

And regarding if we know what we're talking about, you must be so stupid that you can't read... this is EX-Christian, as in "Previously-Known-As-Christian", or "We-Once-Where-Fools-Like-You-Christians", or "We Fucking went to bible schools, missionary trips and seminaries for most of our life and we realized it is all a fucking LIE!"

Turn of your computer before you choke on the mouse, stupid.

H

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouroboros

• sonyaj68

• Antlerman

• pitchu

Holy crap! Are we going to have another ReSquid and Wishful episode here? So soon? Me gets the feeling the Mr. Sonya (may Zeus ease his pain) is hearing doubts being expressed in the Mrs. points she brings up from talking with us, and he is getting mighty upset at us for her own doubts. Why would someone hang around here if something weren't going on in their faith? I'm not the only one who sensed it.

Hey Mr. Control Freak... quit blaming others for people in your life having doubts. The whole damned faith is suspicious to anyone. Have you ever read the Bible? Take it from someone with a degree in theology, the surest way to become an atheist is to actually read the Bible. It's what did it for me, with no ExChristian web site even yet being dreamed of.

BTW, lay off the booze, you drunkard. It makes you obnoxious. :nono:

Hoo, boy, is this ever a happy, happy, happy Christian home! "Husband: little piece of jesus; Wife: big piece of shit."

I've seen this operate with my own daughter-married-to-charismatic-Episcopal-priest. Daughter is by nature one of the brightest, wittiest, most iconoclastic people ever born, but once she was born again, under his tutelage, he calls the shots and she calls her AA sponsor because, I think, that's the only outlet for her secret abject misery that he'll allow.

And, like Sonya, she chirps away to me and the rest of the world like Shirley Temple's Bluebird.

This appearance by the husband, and all it suggests, just breaks the pieces of my already broken heart.

This appearance by the husband, and all it suggests, just breaks the pieces of my already broken heart.

No kidding. Like GrandpaH say about me, I'm an eternal optimist. Despite what Sonya says, I saw big doubt just under the veneer of the defensive faith being put out there. Then now with Hubby coming in all drunk like this, slobbering as he spits he poisoned soul all over the keyboard tonight makes me grieve to think of the situation some of these people in rigid Christian homes have to be tormented with.

How must that feel to have the Boss step in and tell his wife she’s done now. Fuck. What a frustrated old pig.

How must that feel to have the Boss step in and tell his wife she’s done now. Fuck. What a frustrated old pig.

Infantilizing of the females is key to the survival of fundyism.

Like you, Antlerman, I think it's a horror. I lie awake nights wondering what Daughter is lying awake nights wondering.

And by the way, thanks for showing your true loving face by shouting to us "DIE AND GO TO HELL!" That must be Jesus speaking through you. The Holy Spirit is really showing of in your stupid, evil, soul.

Hey Mr. Control Freak... quit blaming others for people in your life having doubts. The whole damned faith is suspicious to anyone.

HanSolo and Antlerman, it seems Mr. Sonya is fighting to make sure his wife's life after death is in a place where streets are paved with gold. It must be quite conflicting to think of being in heaven while god throws your spouse into an eternity of torture. I feel pity for him.

Perhaps my assertion in other threads are displayed here. If one is brainwashed into believing in a literal hell, they are apt to remain steadfast to their pastor's requirements to keep them out of there... no matter how unreasonable they are.

How can one be convinced that a literal hell has extremely overwhelming perponderance of rational thought against it, and life is enhanced greatly knowing this? How can one be convinced that believing in a literal hell is hell? :shrug:

HanSolo and Antlerman, it seems Mr. Sonya is fighting to make sure his wife's life after death is in a place where streets are paved with gold. It must be quite conflicting to think of being in heaven while god throws your spouse into an eternity of torture. I feel pity for him.

Normally I would feel pity for someone whose mind lives imprisoned under the fear of torture by the big boss in the sky, but my more than strong suspicion is that for someone like Mr. Control Freak it becomes a weapon to wield over others to control their actions to his own selfish pleasure. Why do you think he pulled it out as a threat to us? He can't control us or get to us to slap us around a bit in his drunken rages, so he pulls his biggest verbal weapon out and lets it fly - in all capital letters nonetheless! Makes you wonder if he finds yelling a more effective tool at home too?

So no.. I don't feel pity for him, only his victims.

To all of you who keep answering all my wifes questions and statements;

here is the bottom line I do not care what you have to say, I do not care how loud you say it and much you push it on her and other people. If you do not put your trust and faith in Jesus you WILL DIE AND GO TO HELL. Now if that is what you want then do it but i not trust now and getg it overwith. These web sites are set up so people who do not beleive in God and His Son to make themselves feel better about NOT BEING SAVED AND ON THEIR WAY TO HEAVEN. You fight and gripe and talk tell you blue int he face about something you do not even understand and all that talking will do nothing but send you to HELL. So this is the last thing you will see from her because I don't fight or talk over things like this becasue I don't have to it was settled a long time ago BELIEVE IT OR NOT!!!

RubySera nailed this guy inadvertently in another thread:

http://www.ex-christian.net/index.php?show...st&p=312172

Myers-Briggs distinguishes between intuitive and sensing perception. Sensing perception is highly tuned in to concrete facts. Intuitive perception is strongly tuned in to possibilities, which draws on imagination. I am very strongly intuitive. I find conversation with a strong sensor seriously difficult, if not impossible. Often, it is best to stick to everyday topics that everyone is familiar with, things that can be seen, touched, tasted, smelled, and heard. "What if" discussions go nowhere. For example, today I tried discussing something with my landlady that she knew about very well. It regarded something in my rooms that concerned her. I wanted to take it one step further. She could not visualize what I was talking about, so I took her into my rooms and literally point to the item with my finger. Then she understood. This is the way it always works. She cannot visualize what I mean unless I physically show her. You can imagine the implications for something as abstract as theology.

Clearly this guy doesn't have the education and/or mental capacity to see the big picture here. People like this are truly vulnerable to the harshest and most fundemental interpretations of their faith. From the outside looking in, his world view is spooky and he appears ready to fend off challenges to it with extremes that could even lead to violence.

What's also interesting is this guy is really a product of a particular American version of xianity. I can't imagine a Russian ever going on a diatribe in response to protecting a particular belief system; any belief system. I can't imagine an Italian doing it either. In fact, the only other people I can imagine getting this emotional over their faith would be Islamists.

Mrs Sonya + Mr Sonya show very similar behavior like the couple we had here a little while back, Mrs and Mr Wishful. In the end we got to hear they split up, because Mrs were losing her faith, and Mr was abusing her.

I think Mr Sonya is a wife beater and an absuing husband and father, and Mrs Sonya takes it out on the kids in the form of forcing them to be Christians. Very unhealthy, and very likely to end in some form of separation.

So no.. I don't feel pity for him, only his victims.

I hear you. This guy is a good example of why I hate the xian meme. This guy is just a dull-witted vessel infected with the harsher version of the meme. Because he is dull-witted, he is likely more vulnerable to the harsher version. This is why the xian and islamic memes are bad for the world in general; because there are dull-witted members of society that get infected, then go out and vote, support populist political agendas and sometimes much worse.

here is the bottom line I do not care what you have to say, I do not care how loud you say it and much you push it on her and other people. If you do not put your trust and faith in Jesus you WILL DIE AND GO TO HELL. Now if that is what you want then do it but i not trust now and getg it overwith. These web sites are set up so people who do not beleive in God and His Son to make themselves feel better about NOT BEING SAVED AND ON THEIR WAY TO HEAVEN. You fight and gripe and talk tell you blue int he face about something you do not even understand and all that talking will do nothing but send you to HELL. So this is the last thing you will see from her because I don't fight or talk over things like this becasue I don't have to it was settled a long time ago BELIEVE IT OR NOT!!!

RubySera nailed this guy inadvertently in another thread:

http://www.ex-christian.net/index.php?show...st&p=312172

Myers-Briggs distinguishes between intuitive and sensing perception. Sensing perception is highly tuned in to concrete facts. Intuitive perception is strongly tuned in to possibilities, which draws on imagination. I am very strongly intuitive. I find conversation with a strong sensor seriously difficult, if not impossible. Often, it is best to stick to everyday topics that everyone is familiar with, things that can be seen, touched, tasted, smelled, and heard. "What if" discussions go nowhere. For example, today I tried discussing something with my landlady that she knew about very well. It regarded something in my rooms that concerned her. I wanted to take it one step further. She could not visualize what I was talking about, so I took her into my rooms and literally point to the item with my finger. Then she understood. This is the way it always works. She cannot visualize what I mean unless I physically show her. You can imagine the implications for something as abstract as theology.

Clearly this guy doesn't have the education and/or mental capacity to see the big picture here. People like this are truly vulnerable to the harshest and most fundemental interpretations of their faith. From the outside looking in, his world view is spooky and he appears ready to fend off challenges to it with extremes that could even lead to violence.

Sorry if I seem really bent on nailing this clown to the cross here, but I'm going to take a different look at this that what you're pointing out. Oddly enough, I have a hard time visualizing spatial things such as my partner telling me her plans for the placement of a new counter top in our remodeled kitchen. I have to have some sort of visual mockup to see it as well as she can conceptualize it. However, I have no difficulty whatsoever in conceptualizing abstractions such as understanding philosophies and theological concepts. I think that's pretty clear to most everyone here.

This guy is far more simple that this. He has no learned coping skills with emotional things such as dealing with not everything in life being under your control. Someone can be the most abstract thinker in the world, but if he learned by example to throw things in anger when your frustrated, it's unlikely that behavior is going to change without some behavior therapy. Remember our discussion about the difference between IQ and EQ? Emotional Quotient is a separate thing. Someone who may be the most concrete thinker in the world who can't conceptualize any sort of metaphysical ideas could be the kindest, most patient, most emotionally sincere person on the planet.

:eek: Holy Shit...

No wonder you wife Sonya sees herself as a princess, she's got to escape the reality of living with a horrific abusive uneducated asshole like yourself. You're a overbearing control freak and an insecure dolt. I have found a new sympathy for her. She has an abusive Husband who follows an abusive God. I hope she one day she seeks out the truth and find that she's too good for the abuse thrown upon her by a tribal women hating mentality. I hope one day she's free from both the dogma and the abusive asshole.

Sorry if I seem really bent on nailing this clown to the cross here, but I'm going to take a different look at this that what you're pointing out. Oddly enough, I have a hard time visualizing spatial things such as my partner telling me her plans for the placement of a new counter top in our remodeled kitchen. I have to have some sort of visual mockup to see it as well as she can conceptualize it. However, I have no difficulty whatsoever in conceptualizing abstractions such as understanding philosophies and theological concepts. I think that's pretty clear to most everyone here.

I probably should have added more context. She was using an example of a particular BM type, but she went on to note that this person was not the sharpest knife in the drawer as well. The point is not that different BM types can't conceptualize and assess abstract thought, but that certain BM types who also happen to be less than gifted are put at a huge disadvantage in this area and asking them to see what we see is asking the improbable.

This guy is far more simple that this. He has no learned coping skills with emotional things such as dealing with not everything in life being under your control. Someone can be the most abstract thinker in the world, but if he learned by example to throw things in anger when your frustrated, it's unlikely that behavior is going to change without some behavior therapy. Remember our discussion about the difference between IQ and EQ? Emotional Quotient is a separate thing. Someone who may be the most concrete thinker in the world who can't conceptualize any sort of metaphysical ideas could be the kindest, most patient, most emotionally sincere person on the planet.

Yes, I recall. Today RubySera added I think an interesting kink to this idea (read her full post that I linked above and I think you will agree). I agree with you that this guy's EQ is at issue. But so is his IQ. When both are low and that person ends up infected by the worst version of the xian meme, it's an ugly combo as I think we can all see from his post here.

Very interesting. Basically intelligence (of both kinds) is the antivirus against the meme, and if we don't have enough or if it falters of some reasons (like having a brain fart :) ) then a person is more likely to gt the infection. Unfortunately people can't be inoculated in early age because the infected parents want their kids "protected" from knowledge and reason until their adults, that's why this meme is fighting so hard to remove science and logic from the schools. This is obviously the reason why Mister Jerk has to step in and stop our conversation with his wife, because he knows she has a fighting chance of getting well. She's smarter than him.

Or, if you are indoctrinated with the meme, you have a better chance of ridding yourself of it when you are exposed to more evidence and ideas.

Or, if you are indoctrinated with the meme, you have a better chance of ridding yourself of it when you are exposed to more evidence and ideas.

Like us! We had the virus, got well, and have quite a stronger resistance to it. I heard once someone (was it Infidel Guy?) saying that when he realized Santa Clause was fake, it started to affect his point of view on God and Jesus too.

I have found a new sympathy for her.

Oh, god, me too.

I feel bad that I didn't remember what I already knew -- that she was likely a captive of her husband as much as of her religion, and in just as much denial about it.

Once I read that "party girls" make the best nuns. So I guess intelligent girls make the best Doormat Wives for Jesus. I guess the greater the forfeiture of the victim, the greater the bragging rights of the victor. So awful.

Yes, I recall. Today RubySera added I think an interesting kink to this idea (read her full post that I linked above and I think you will agree). I agree with you that this guy's EQ is at issue. But so is his IQ. When both are low and that person ends up infected by the worst version of the xian meme, it's an ugly combo as I think we can all see from his post here.

Ahh... I'm seeing your point. Yes it's a double ended dull knife, or as we shall now knight him, "Sir Double Dullard the Pig Man." We're back to the meme again I see. Yes, when you have vessels like this in which to pour the vile poison of the religious meme, it spell trouble for the word when they support the meme by name, and condone this pig swill as validated by the meme. People are easily fooled by labels. He is not a Christian, he is a Drunkard and a Pig.

Guest CBenjaminHaag

So, how's the view from deep inside your colon?

it was settled a long time ago BELIEVE IT OR NOT!!!

Not.

:shrug:

Guest CBenjaminHaag
Why is it important to you to recruit others into your anti-God club?

You came to this website of your own volition, did you not? No one "recruited" you.

And don't you dare tell me you aren't anti-God and that you are just neutral on the subject because that's not at all true. You are putting a lot of effort into fighting God and His people. If you aren't for God, you are against Him. So, you were Christians and now you work for Satan. If you really are/were Christians, you are going to have a LOT of explaining to do someday.

Congratulations, you've captured, in one semi-articulate paragraph, part of the essence of why I, at least, do not miss Christian anti-culture...because beneath all the prettified rhetoric of Jeeeeezus loving you, and God's eye being on the fucking sparrow, blah blah blah, is this "believe or else!!!" crap. Which I think is the actual reason for your spending whatever time you've chosen to spend on this site, because some part of your psyche needs to feel right, and lord it over those who dare to disagree with you. Because a massive part of the Christian ethos is based on manipulation, and guilt, and fear.

Sell self-deluded somewhere else...we're all booked up here...

Guest BelieverZ06

Good question: what would make me an unbeliever ? If somehow some one could prove Christ DIED and was not resurrected...then I would be an unbeliever....I dont know how that could ever be proven...but if it was ...then there goes up in smoke what CHRISTIANITY IS FOR ME>..that CHrist was God in human form and died and was resurrrected for me......Others who believe Christ was just a good man would probably continue to believe ..

Good question: what would make me an unbeliever ? If somehow some one could prove Christ DIED and was not resurrected...then I would be an unbeliever....I dont know how that could ever be proven...but if it was ...then there goes up in smoke what CHRISTIANITY IS FOR ME>..that CHrist was God in human form and died and was resurrrected for me......Others who believe Christ was just a good man would probably continue to believe ..

So I guess you don't believe in the finding of Jesus tomb and his bones? ;) You heard about that right? Here's a link: the link.

Well, I don't think either it was Jesus bones or ossuary, but it's quite interesting to ask yourself, how would you know if it was or wasn't? Maybe those bones are Jesus and he really is dead, how can you tell? Would the bones come with a Jesus stamp or a shining halo around it, or maybe it hums some Bach pieces, or maybe it got a serial number from heaven... but still, it could be that it is the grave of Jesus but you chose not to believe...

I think Mr Sonya is a wife beater and an absuing husband and father, and Mrs Sonya takes it out on the kids in the form of forcing them to be Christians. Very unhealthy, and very likely to end in some form of separation.

Quite likely, IMO. At very least, Mr. S. is guilty of verbal and psychological abuse and controlling behaviour... Fairly accurate predictors for future physical abuse.

Run for your life, Sonya. (And take the kids with you.)