Top Posters In This Topic

• RecoveXM

• Grandpa Harley

• MathGeek

• Legion

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I doubt our troll can say much beyond 'the babble isn't a math book'

Hey, if Ken Ham or JP Holding were here, they'd probably last a few rounds.

God bless you all.

In my crisis I was thrown into the Lion's Den - and there had my faith restored. Even there he did not desert me.

If God didn't desert you and really has any concerns for you, then why did he allow you to have a crisis of faith in the first place? If all you need to know that God is there is to have faith, then wouldn't you have never doubted in the first place?

I humbly apologize to all here that I insulted in my madness, when I thought the Lord had turned from me.

It was I who turned from him.

How do you know there is anything there to turn away from in the first place without any evidence of God's existence? And again, if God existed and has any concerns for you at all, then why did God let you doubt in the first place?

I thank you for humbling me and showing me the error of my ways.
For someone who claims to be humble, why do you act so haughty towards GH?

As he has accepted me back so he will accept you.
I thought Jesus didn't forgive those who blasphemed the Holy Spirit?

Christ, not man, is KING. Praise God!
Proof please?

So how's that late onset diabetes Harley?

any neuropathy in the fingertips yet?

that's the first sign

I know you'll face it bravely.

God bless you.

My pancreas is fine, thanks for asking... shame your thyroid condition was untreated... Kelp may help....

Do you acutally have something to say or are you just here for broad comedy... :)

Okay, Satellite.

If the Jews were God's chosen people, why aren't they known for producing anything mathematically academic or correct in the Old Testament?

>>The Old Testament isn't a math text.<<

Why didn't they have the Euclidean geometric axioms and proofs before Euclid did?

>>Probably because Euclid wasn't born yet.<<

It seems to me that there intellectual superiority in those days was a bit...wanting.

Look who's talking.

God bless you.

So what, many of your ilk believe that the Bible is the basis of ALL knowledge from the foundations of science to the foundation of modern government. According to your brothers in arms, mathematics are a supposedly transcendent truth and yet somehow prove the existence of God. How exactly? Provide me with a clear, concise proof that mathematical truths prove the existence of God.

He's Blinding me with Science! oooooooooh noooooooooo I'm melting............

Since I'm not a fundy you'll have to go ask them Geek.

Now how's this:

Does not the Three Laws of Thermodynamics state that systems tend toward complexity?

Don't give me that "randomness' crap dodge.

If as currently believed this cosmos is 12 to 14 billion years old, that means the first coherent system had been evolving for 7-9 billion years before the creation of Earth.

Oh yeah - I'm not a Creationist by the way.

How would you define such a system?

I'm not a fundy, so the lame stuff you throw at them is a waste of time with me.

God bless you Geek - you just got your only bit of my time I'll waste on you. Rudeness gets one reply only from now on.

Disappeared into the depths of despair he did.

Depths of gibberish...

Okay, Satellite.

If the Jews were God's chosen people, why aren't they known for producing anything mathematically academic or correct in the Old Testament?

>>The Old Testament isn't a math text.<<

Why didn't they have the Euclidean geometric axioms and proofs before Euclid did?

>>Probably because Euclid wasn't born yet.<<

It seems to me that there intellectual superiority in those days was a bit...wanting.

Look who's talking.

God bless you.

So what, many of your ilk believe that the Bible is the basis of ALL knowledge from the foundations of science to the foundation of modern government. According to your brothers in arms, mathematics are a supposedly transcendent truth and yet somehow prove the existence of God. How exactly? Provide me with a clear, concise proof that mathematical truths prove the existence of God.

He's Blinding me with Science! oooooooooh noooooooooo I'm melting............

Since I'm not a fundy you'll have to go ask them Geek.

Now how's this:

Does not the Three Laws of Thermodynamics state that systems tend toward complexity?

Don't give me that "randomness' crap dodge.

If as currently believed this cosmos is 12 to 14 billion years old, that means the first coherent system had been evolving for 7-9 billion years before the creation of Earth.

Oh yeah - I'm not a Creationist by the way.

How would you define such a system?

I'm not a fundy, so the lame stuff you throw at them is a waste of time with me.

God bless you Geek - you just got your only bit of my time I'll waste on you. Rudeness gets one reply only from now on.

Okay, fair enough. I'll give you that.

Let me counter by saying: if God's creation is all perfect because "God said it was good", then why did millions upon millions upon millions of creatures die and the Lord did nothing about it? Sin only entered the world when ate from the tree of knowledge in the middle of the garden, therefore how does explain the natural biogenesis properties of birth, life and death when sin only entered into the world about a 1+ million years ago? Death never existed until the entry of sin, therefore your assertion about Christian god creating the universe is void.

At best, your description is one of deism or some flavor of pantheism.

Sorry, not proof enough for me.

Multiple Choice Quiz:

Is the following law from:

1. Allah in The Koran

2. Jehovah in The Bible

3. Odin from a primitive, barbaric Norse religion

"If two men are fighting together, and the wife of one engages to save her husband from the hand of the one who is striking him, and puts out her hand and seizes the attacker's privates, you shall seize that woman and cleave her hand off of her body, showing no pity to her cries!"

Clue, the answer is one of the 3 above. Could it possibly be the Christian God? Let's see what our religion experts answer.

Multiple Choice Quiz:

Is the following law from:

1. Allah in The Koran

2. Jehovah in The Bible

3. Odin from a primitive, barbaric Norse religion

"If two men are fighting together, and the wife of one engages to save her husband from the hand of the one who is striking him, and puts out her hand and seizes the attacker's privates, you shall seize that woman and cleave her hand off of her body, showing no pity to her cries!"

Clue, the answer is one of the 3 above. Could it possibly be the Christian God? Let's see what our religion experts answer.

Well I don't know about the religion experts or even the "Bible excerpts" - but why not.

According to Norse mythology only those who die in battle go to Valhalla - all others go to Muspell (hell).

Any who interfere with a warrior's salvation should be put to death - the preferred way was binding and throwing them in a slop pit to drown.

For a woman to do so is even worse - her sword hand is removed so she can't be a shield maiden, and she is doomed to Muspell.

Wotan is a fake, so he couldn't possibly be the Christian god.

God bless you - nice hassock.

Sorry but I am not a Fundamentalist.

I am a Christian - there is only one variety of us.

God bless you.

Sad babbling little man...

I doubt I'd find any salesmanship awards on your mantle either Harley.

You better start showing something because your worshippers are waiting for you to polish me off.

For sale? No we give it for free.

Well, what exactly is this little innuendo mean? That grace is free? Heaven is free? Forgiveness is free? Is that what you mean? You think maybe we could all just embrace the ever loving god of the christian bible, and we would pass on to heaven when we die one day. Is that your message?

OK, well, there are all different types of people all over the world, lets look at their afterlife outlook with your plan:

Everyone That's Not Dirt Poor:According to the bible, the book your religion is embracing as its cornerstone, we are all going to hell. There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: (in context - Today, dressing well, AND in BETTER clothes then that era, is very common today, most of us can fit this profile.)And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.(in context - Pay attention here, this is where the bible implies that being a sore covered beggar is a righteous state to be in, and desirable.) And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: (in context - point of last note made.)the rich man also died, and was buried; And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented. -- Luke 16:19-25

OK, OK that might not be fair, the verse above, well.. Well lets let Jesus tell us!Jesus on the rich:

Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.(in context - A camel passing through a needle's eye, we know this is impossible. Not "unlikely" or "pretty tough" it's impossible. So, if you have some money, you are out of luck, sorry, no admittance... devil might want you though, hey! Go check with him... It's IMPOSSIBLE to go to heaven for the majority of us because we are all wealthy by their standards, and by the context of the message. So what then, exactly "is" rich?

Do you have a cellphone? They didn't back then. Got a TV? ditto. Radio? Car? Better Medicine? etc etc etc. So, damn near ANYONE around today is "RICH" by biblical terms. And as long as there are homeless and starving while you breath air, don't even think to deny it. The implication is to bleed to death for others. Why? If you created wealth and advanced the world, what good would you have done if you "throw down everything and follow jesus"? It's a totally ludicrous notion.

But GOING TO HEAVEN is the core goal of anyone in christianity, but by the book itself, nearly all are banned.) -- Matthew 19:23-24, Mark 10:23-25

But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation. -- Luke 6:24

Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you. -- James 5:1

OK, OK, so its not well.. "TOTALLY free" you might say this in an intelligent reply, so ok, throw you that bone, now lets see who else can't go to heaven according to christianity. hmmm.

AtheistsNo god belief here.. opps!

"Whosoever ... abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God."(in context - not only atheists, but all other non-christian religions.) -- 2 John 9 Forced confessions from everyone too

"For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist." (in context - So everyone who does not PROMOTE that the context of christian teaching are NOT eye-witness-like FACT, is indeed the antichrist... indeed?)-- 2 John 7 Just being married to one is enough "Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? ... Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord." (in context -Can't be married to one either, LOL my wife needs to read this one, so does any christian married to one of US heathens, in whose den you wandered..)-- 2 Cor.6:14-17

The bible here, actually wants you to KILL non-believers

"If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers; Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you ... Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die."(in context - not only atheists, but all other non-christian religions.) -- Dt.13:6-10

It gives me no pleasure to humiliate you Harley but you seem to like it.

Gramps has not been humiliated here. Only you. You come in, post, don't like replies, and then you want to "tackle" one of us, and challenge the rest. What you have unfortunately, is ZERO ammunition for a battle of wits, a battle that you erroneously think you are winning.

Now give someone else a chance okay?

God bless you Harley.

Ok, so now we "bless" one another. That's fine. Because in my own personal definition of "bless" is to wish good will and overall respectful feelings to one another, not a sprinkling of magic pixie god-dust over someones head. In that spirit, bless you as well, and hey, you have a wonderful time stumbling around embroiled in a myth based religion, as you lash out at those that woke from the delusion.

Make no mistake, you have not in any way shape or form humbled anyone here. Many have been where you are now, and some even deeper. You are tolerated, because you too, are a human being, but, there is a price to be paid for high disrespect, like coming into an AA meeting for example with a bottle of vodka. So you should not be surprised to find your ass handed to you over and over.

shhh... he thought he was winning :fdevil:

Believe it or not personal insults don't bother me; in fact they rebound to my credit.

I apologize for my insult to you Swim; it was wrong of me to insult you personally.

A ways back Geek brought up the subject of "proof", and a few here have spoken of getting no answer when they spoke to God.

So you said "God, prove you exist by speaking to me, or I'll stop believing in you."

What if your prayer had been answered?

BOOM there he is, towering like Everest - and he says

"Do you believe in me now?"

Let me guess your reply.

Unfortunately for you this is the worst thing that could have happened to you, because you didn't believe out of "faith" you had to be COMPELLED by proof.

You didn't believe out of "free will" - your choice was taken away from you - at your request.

Truly blessed are those who believe without proof.

Like the friend who says "I know you didn't do that." if you are accused of a vile act you didn't commit.

You're blessed indeed with friends like that, are you not?

Unfortunately there are those who wouldn't be fazed even by the appearance of God.

Somewhere along the line their spirit went dark, and proof would only send them into a headlong attempt to escape.

Why?

Because they accept no authority but their own; they lust to do whatever they want, when they want.

Which is why - thank goodness - we have police and jails and prisons.

So God didn't hop to when you requested him to appear?

He did so for your sake.

Get over it.

God bless you all.

I am NOT a FUNDAMENTALIST.

Yes you are... why deny?

Well it's like this Harley.

There's a fine line between Scripturalist and Bibliolater.

Cross over it, like Fundamentalists have, and you are no longer worshipping God but a book - an idol.

Believe what you like.

God bless you.

No, you're talking semantic drivel to justify an untenable position and you know it... unless you like genocidal demons... which you evidently do...

Still trying to save folks?

what "untenable position" Harley?

that Jesus Christ is the son of God?

I'm holding that position with ease so far.

God bless you.

Jesus Christ is the son of God, and savior of humanity

Prove it...

• Super Moderator

This troll is kind of fun, I'm ashamed to admit.

I'm waiting for the flip-flop from "bless you" back to "kiss my ass you two-faced Nazis."

Disprove it Harley.

God bless you.

I hope you like waiting Florduh.

God bless you too.

nope... you've come here professing to convert people... convert me... save me from my dire sins and convince me Jesus is the only son of god... It'll be a first... and think of your heavenly reward for saving a wretch like me...