Top Posters In This Topic

• Jay

• Ouroboros

• dogmatically_challenged

• kevin

no shit!  :grin:

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Cerise, I feel your pain. :Doh:

I don't really recall Kevin being all that annoying.

The Webmaster gave him an interesting title over by his avatar on one of the older boards. Shit! I forget what it said now, but it had something to do with him bein' a pain in the butt. :HaHa:

The Webmaster gave him an interesting title over by his avatar on one of the older boards. Shit! I forget what it said now, but it had something to do with him bein' a pain in the butt.  :HaHa:

it was Repent and Believe!

You simply lack faith.

LOL, good one man. anyway welcome back, it's nice to see you again. good luck with your new outlook and I'm glad to hear that your feeling so much better. It was the treadmill wasn't it, or did you get a kitten like I told you too?

CAN'T WE ALL JUST LOVE EACHOTHER!

NO!

:lmao:

That's great news Kevin - welcome to the 'Dark Side' *laughs evilly*

it was   Repent and Believe!

No, that wasn't it.

That's the one listed in his old profile in the link that Dave posted.

There was a different label in the old old forum.

Welcome back.

I understand the skepticism here, but the way I see it is that if we give the recently deconverted the benefit of the doubt, we wouldn't be the ones with egg on our faces if it turned out to be a trick.  I mean, consider how juvenile such a gag would be.

Indeed. I admit that most of my... dare I call it "suspicion"?... is just because I'm so used to considering him a christian. Well, we'll see. Old habits may die hard, but they don't live forever either. :fdevil:

I can only say that I am so happy that I feel my head will explode. My wife even said tonight that she likes the new me!

Now, even if that had been the only good thing about your deconversion, it would already be worth it ;):3:

it was   Repent and Believe!

Actually it was "Instigator", but who's counting? Dave loves me now.

Kevin:

Kevin,

For what it's worth, I will pray for you!

I hope that you are able to find what it is you are seeking...

Jay

I was waiting for the, "I will pray for you" christian to show up.

Hello Jay, do you find it interesting the Kevin said

I can only say that I am so happy that I feel my head will explode. My wife even said tonight that she likes the new me!

Happiness even those around him can see.

You will get alot of this Kevin. Just the way it goes.

Kevin,

For what it's worth, I will pray for you!

I hope that you are able to find what it is you are seeking...

Jay

Don't try guilting him back into the fold.

Test the power of your prayer by not telling him you are doing it. By telling him you are only trying to push buttons you still know are fresh.

No, that wasn't it.

That's the one listed in his old profile in the link that Dave posted.

There was a different label in the old old forum.

Wasn't it Instigator? Hummmm....maybe not, but it was something he didn't like much did ya Kevin? :grin:

Edit...Woohoo! I remembered! I just saw Kevin's post after I posted my reply...really...I swear!...ask anybody, they know I post before I finish reading...really! :nono:

Don't try guilting him back into the fold.

Test the power of your prayer by not telling him you are doing it.  By telling him you are only trying to push buttons you still know are fresh.

So very true. Why is it that people want to tell you they pray for you? Jesus said you should do it in your chamber in secret and not on the streets. But people like to show off by saying "I'm so damn important that God will listen to me, and only me, and I have decided in my grace to spare a few words about you to him."

It pretty much sounds like the guys I meet sometimes that think they're all that because they've met someone famous or important. I have too, but I don't brag about it.

It pretty much sounds like the guys I meet sometimes that think they're all that because they've met someone famous or important. I have too, but I don't brag about it.

That just reminded me of my old boss. I was working on an olympic program and my boss was meeting with Bruce Willis, who happens to own a ski venue in the state of Idaho. While I was in the office faithfully plugging away at the computer my boss called me and said "Don! Guess what I'm doing right now?!! I'm sitting here having a beer with Bruce Willis." :lmao:

Sorry for the hijack Kevin

That just reminded me of my old boss.  I was working on an olympic program and my boss was meeting with Bruce Willis, who happens to own a ski venue in the state of Idaho.  While I was in the office faithfully plugging away at the computer my boss called me and said "Don!  Guess what I'm doing right now?!!  I'm sitting here having a beer with Bruce Willis."  :lmao:

Sorry for the hijack Kevin

:)

Yeah, and I can claim that my wife was shopping in the same store as Arnold Schwarzenegger, uuuuuuuuuh :notworthy:

He used to have (maybe still does, not sure) a house in our community, so we saw him driving his hummer now and then. "ILLBBCK"

I remember you Kevin!

I don't want to say congratulations on leaving christianity, but I do want to say congrats on finding happiness. I remember you were struggling before and there is nothing more important than being happy and at peace with yourself.

I am happy for you and I hope the feeling lasts.

Now, just for fun, blaspheme the holy spirit.

You can do it Kevin! Just say "God d*mn the Holy freakin spook."

Works everytime.

-Jake

So very true. Why is it that people want to tell you they pray for you?

Because it's their emotional security blanket. It makes them feel good, regardless of how the other person feels.

Congrats! Remember me as Ill Of Illogical Xtians!?

I can't believe you! You got rid of the Jesus snotrag which never really suited you at all, really.

/Christian talk/

Well, the path is long winding road of despondance, trials, doubts but in the end, you're rewarded in Jesus Christ. I'll pray for you.

/End talk/

Well, that'll be what you'll leave behind. Yay for Kevin!