Goodbye Jesus

I was wrong

kevin

Thanks for the advice Reach, although I still detect some bitterness towards me.

I have no intention of letting this cordial interaction between us get out of hand in any way, so I am choosing my words carefully so they will not be misconstrued.

This is a new chapter in my life, and it benefits no one by dragging up the past.

What's done is done, and it's time to move on and enjoy life. I do hope you agree.

Kevin:

It's not bitterness; it's distrust. You earned it.

New starts in life are most successful when you apologize for past wrongs to the people you have hurt. You don't just move on. Maturity is about holding yourself accountable for your choices and making an effort at righting your wrongs. As long as you avoid doing that, you are still just playing games as far as I'm concerned.

Let me make myself perfectly clear. No one here needs to drag up your past. As long as you refuse to deal with your moral failures, you drag your past with you. (Just because you failed to achieve the results you wanted and much of your behavior backfired on you does not excuse you from making apologies and amends.)

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jay

• Ouroboros

• dogmatically_challenged

• kevin

I don’t know if we have ever communicated before...

His former user name was KJPee although he was thought to have posted under various guest names. Our WebMaster Dave named him The Instigator.

His former user name was KJPee although he was thought to have posted under various guest names. Our WebMaster Dave named him The Instigator.

Just for the record Reach, since I know you want to be fair. Two things.

I did apologize, and I suppose Dave can check that.

I have never posted under various guest names. I suppose that can also be checked by my IP?

PS: You never responded to my recent PM.

This is all so sad. Very sad.

Kevin:

Kevin, I'll respond to your PM as soon as I'm able. I have a backlog of unanswered mail after being away for two weeks.

(No one has the time to check old posts and the old site is unavailable.)

No need for sadness. If this is really a fresh start for you, I expect we'll see fresh growth. Time will tell.

Kevin,

I guess the best way to put it is many here are skeptical, but willing to give you a chance.

I am not the most prolific poster (Han Solo is BTW) but by posting we can get to know you and make an informed decision regarding your intentions.

Don’t get too pushy with Reach. If you are on the up and up, I bet she will come around in time. She is a truly great and caring person. But she is also well regarded here, don’t chase her around looking for her approval, she will give it if and when she is ready.

I asked before, atheist? Agnostic? Deist? What has this path led you too?

Welcome again.

Kevin,

I guess the best way to put it is many here are skeptical, but willing to give you a chance.

I am not the most prolific poster (Han Solo is BTW) but by posting we can get to know you and make an informed decision regarding your intentions.

Don’t get too pushy with Reach. If you are on the up and up, I bet she will come around in time. She is a truly great and caring person. But she is also well regarded here, don’t chase her around looking for her approval, she will give it if and when she is ready.

I asked before, atheist? Agnostic? Deist? What has this path led you too?

Welcome again.

Hi DG

I have never chased anyone around looking for approval. There is never a shortage of people chasing me around though for some reason. :wicked:

You asked before? My answer. I don't know. It's too early to say.

Kevin:

That is a good answer. Life is a path, as Nivik likes to sasy, "whatever pans out".

Just as you need time, so does Reach.

My answer. I don't know.

Now doesn't it feel good to admit that? :grin:

Ok, I just read through some 7 pages to catch up. I have no history with Kevin, whatsoever, but I just have to say to those prodding him to "blaspheme the holy spirit," STOP IT.

My god. I've been deconverted for nearly two years and I've yet to blaspheme the HS. The closest I've come is saying "Jesus Christ" as a cuss word. Leave the guy alone and let him decompress a little. If he's not for real, it will be evident soon enough.

*steps down from the soapbox

So Kev, what have you been up to these days? Did you ever join that running club (or was it buying a treadmill that you were going to do...sheesh I can't remember that far back)? I finally got off my butt and joined a gym. :grin:

Ok, I just read through some 7 pages to catch up.  I have no history with Kevin, whatsoever, but I just have to say to those prodding him to "blaspheme the holy spirit," STOP IT.

My god.  I've been deconverted for nearly two years and I've yet to blaspheme the HS.  The closest I've come is saying "Jesus Christ" as a cuss word.  Leave the guy alone and let him decompress a little.  If he's not for real, it will be evident soon enough.

*steps down from the soapbox

I also can't blaspheme the HS and I have like you been deconverted nearly 2 years. The closest I come is saying God myself, as I can't even curse using Jesus name. Too much indoctrination inside of me, and besides who gives a fuck anyway. One of the best things about being an atheist/deconvert is being free to do and say as I want. Since I don't want to blasphemy I don't and no one can make me either goddamnit (btw it took me months be be able to say goddamn).

FYI: I am no longer a christian. There I said it! I spent much of my time in this section so this is where I am posting it. For those who knew what a wanker I was, I still am. I feel free for the first time in many years, and boy does it feel good.

Kevin:

Yea Kevin!

I also can't blaspheme the HS and I have like you been deconverted nearly 2 years. The closest I come is saying God myself, as I can't even curse using Jesus name. Too much indoctrination inside of me, and besides who gives a fuck anyway. One of the best things about being an atheist/deconvert is being free to do and say as I want. Since I don't want to blasphemy I don't and no one can make me either goddamnit (btw it took me months be be able to say goddamn).

You girls just hit too close to home god damn it! :lmao:

kevin Posted Yesterday, 03:09 PM

QUOTE(chefranden @ Jul 28 2005, 01:15 PM)

Yea Kevin!

I love you! Come here and give me a hug. No one's watching..... 

Kevin:

*Is taping with a hidden video camera* :Duivel7:

People, Christians may lie, but I have never known a Christian to lie about being an Apostate. Take Kevin at his word and encourage him in his new found freedom.

Oh, sorry, my bad. It was a double whammy, so to speak. :)

I think many of us are sensitive to our un-faith to be questioned, so when a unclear message from a Christian is posted, we tend to take it as criticism.

A hint, just put a little happy face or something to mark the "tone of voice", or even put a little parantheis with (just kidding guys!), to make us get it.

You know what is so ironic about that? We used to have to tell Kevin that too. :grin:

You know what is so ironic about that?  We used to have to tell Kevin that too.  :grin:

That's quite true! Most people have a hard time getting used to my very dry humour.

It's ten times harder trying to get that across in writing. A happy face is somewhat

crude, but conveys the message that what one is saying sometimes is tongue in cheek.

Kevin: :woohoo:

Swearing an cursing and using the lords name in vain is oddly liberating for me. Is kinda like breaking the chains of imaginary master in sky. "As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth. Michael Bakunin."You may want to try it next time you bang your thumb with a hammer. Makes the pain less for some reason.

BTW, I heard your i-veiw on Infidel-guy the other day (via-podcast) very cool!

_________

Oh yeah Kevin, congrats see you in the freethought papers (and you may want to hear Lana's i-vew for some perspective).

Swearing an cursing and using the lords name in vain is oddly liberating for me. Is kinda like breaking the chains of imaginary master in sky. "As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth. Michael Bakunin."You may want to try it next time you bang your thumb with a hammer. Makes the pain less for some reason.

The last time I banged my thumb with a hammer, the response was "Jesus H fucking Christ on a crutch running sideways with a salami"

It did make the pain more bearable, mainly because it made me laugh... :shrug:

Swearing an cursing and using the lords name in vain is oddly liberating for me. Is kinda like breaking the chains of imaginary master in sky.

The same for me. Once you do it, you give up the possibility of going back as a fundy (although you could still go back as a liberal Christian).

By the way, are ther infidel guy broadcasts canned? If so, where do I go to hear a replay of lana's interview?

Kevin I fully accept your deconversion until you give me a reason not to (which would be you going "hahahahaha I'm really still a christian muhahaha")

I think we should all support Kevin in his deconversion and he should be able to ask the same questions and deal with the same shit we all dealt with in a supportive environment.  Until he says otherwise, he's one of us now.

ZG

I feel that some people are suspicious because they are expecting me to show a little more disgust with christianity. I have such peace within me, that it's hard for me to be angry with anyone for very long now. Thanks for the PM's, and continued words of support.

Kevin:

I feel that some people are suspicious because they are expecting me to show a little more disgust with christianity.
Of course, the operative word in that quote is, "some". :Hmm:

I have such peace within me, that it's hard for me to be angry with anyone for very long now.
How about adding to it (your peace) by clearing up some things in your geography history. :scratch::mellow:

Of course, the operative word in that quote is, "some".  :Hmm:

How about adding to it (your peace) by clearing up some things in your geography history:scratch::mellow:

No. I don't think so, not here anyway. Those who feel the need to get things cleared up are welcome to PM me.

Kevin:

No. I don't think so, not here anyway. Those who feel the need to get things cleared up are welcome to PM me.

Kevin:

Kevin, you're free now, right? That means that you take matters into your own hands to get things cleared up. You don't just sit back and wait for someone to give you a good enough reason to right a wrong.

There ain't no prayin' here.

There ain't no waitin' for magic.

It's all you.

Out here in the real world, rarely do we avoid stirring up our "peace" when there's more important things to take care of. :scratch: