Goodbye Jesus

I was wrong

kevin

Kevin,

For what it's worth, I will pray for you!

I hope that you are able to find what it is you are seeking...

Jay

Go ahead, Jay. Twist that knife a little deeper you self-righteous, self-centered prick.

If this isn't a prime example of just how screwed up your religion has made you, Jay, then I don't know what is.

Kevin admitted that he is happier than he has ever been, and that his wife and family are happy now too. Then you come in here and try to make it look as though he's screwin' up cause he doesn't subscribe to the fantasy world anymore for his happiness.

Kevin has just tasted real happiness, and you're trying to take it away from him with your candy-coated guilt trip.

You're disgusting.

I think you should go bury your head in sand prayer for this one.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jay

• Ouroboros

• dogmatically_challenged

• kevin

Actually it was "Instigator", but who's counting? Dave loves me now.

Kevin:

Yes! That's the one! :HaHa:

Dave loves me now.

Kevin:

I know!!! Isn't it just grand?!??!!?!?! I mean, all of us can barely keep up with our replies to his posts in this thread because he (Dave) is so overjoyed!!! :woohoo:

:mellow:

:Doh:

:HaHa:

Update:

Cancelled my tithe to the church.

Friends have invited us over for a BBQ. Probably to discuss the ongoing Middle East crisis.... :Hmm:

Told my wife to fuck off for the first time in many years. We both burst out laughing it sounded so funny!

Started collecting my Phillip Yancey books, and other assorted Xtian reading in a pile. I'm left with Networking for Dummies, and a few cooking books.

Life goes on.

Kevin:

Wow, I can only say wow!

Actually I still have all my christian literature and the bibles too, but I know several members on this site threw them away. I still have them, not to read in, but... I don't know... too lazy to even touch them.

Come on now...blaspheme the Holy Spirit...nothing to be afraid of.

Update:

Cancelled my tithe to the church.

Friends have invited us over for a BBQ. Probably to discuss the ongoing Middle East crisis.... :Hmm:

Told my wife to fuck off for the first time in many years. We both burst out laughing it sounded so funny!

Started collecting my Phillip Yancey books, and other assorted Xtian reading in a pile. I'm left with Networking for Dummies, and a few cooking books.

Life goes on.

Kevin:

:eek:

I need to see that!

:HaHa:

Come on now...blaspheme the Holy Spirit...nothing to be afraid of.

Fuck God! Fuck Jesus! And mother fuck the Holy Ghost!!

Hmm...what?...Oh! You were talking to KEVIN!?

"Never mind." :lmao:

I wouldn't throw them away, just box them up somewhere. They can be great for research.

-Jake

I wouldn't throw them away, just box them up somewhere. They can be great for research.

-Jake

Good advice, because you will come to a point when you have to defend your newly found no-faith.

Told my wife to fuck off for the first time in many years.

We both burst out laughing it sounded so funny!

This is funny. Of course, being an nonbeliever, you still don't go sayin' that sort of stuff around the kids. If you and your wife get a laugh out of it, that's fine.

Heck, I remember one time where I was taking a drink of something and my wife told me to suck her dick. :HaHa:

Shortly after that, I found myself cleaning the side of the fridge and part of the kitchen wall cuz I sprayed my drink everywhere. :lmao:

Hello Jay, do you find it interesting the Kevin said
I can only say that I am so happy that I feel my head will explode. My wife even said tonight that she likes the new me!
Happiness even those around him can see.
Not at all. I think it is pretty typical. I have heard a lot of new Christians say the same thing...it does not surprise me that new ex-Christians would experience that as well.

Test the power of your prayer by not telling him you are doing it.  By telling him you are only trying to push buttons you still know are fresh.
Wow. So little faith, so to speak.

Kevin, if you feel the slightest bit guilty by my comment, let me know and I will stop praying for you immediately.

I don't have the time to push people's buttons. I was merely responding to his request from a page earlier, when he asked for someone to pray for him. I felt it was my sacred duty to oblige.

Go ahead, Jay. Twist that knife a little deeper you self-righteous, self-centered prick.

If this isn't a prime example of just how screwed up your religion has made you, Jay, then I don't know what is.

Kevin admitted that he is happier than he has ever been, and that his wife and family are happy now too. Then you come in here and try to make it look as though he's screwin' up cause he doesn't subscribe to the fantasy world anymore for his happiness.

Kevin has just tasted real happiness, and you're trying to take it away from him with your candy-coated guilt trip.

You're disgusting.

I think you should go bury your head in sand prayer for this one.

I came into this thread completely unarmed. No knife twisting here. I am glad that he is happy, and, as I said, I hope he finds what he is looking for. Not sure why you opted for such hostility, but I wish you well.

Kevin..

We never "locked horns" best I can remember.

It is not an easy thing to do, just chuck away something as comfortable as those decade old socks ya have in the undies drawer.

Take yer time amigo, let things pan out as best they can. Life happens, you now have a ton more options and methods open to you to look at, paths to take, things to try that may not have been permitted or allowed with your prior obligations.

kevinL.

Why is it that people want to tell you they pray for you?
Because kevin asked for it on the first page of this thread:
Please pray for me!

You know, Jay. I almost nailed you for that myself, but I knew you weren't trying to be an ass, so I left it alone. Still, if the day ever comes that you deconvert from Christianity, you'll realize how patronizing lines like "I'll pray for you" really are.

Kevin, I'll rub my lucky rabbit's foot for you.

Wow.  So little faith, so to speak.

Kevin, if you feel the slightest bit guilty by my comment, let me know and I will stop praying for you immediately.

I don't have the time to push people's buttons.  I was merely responding to his request from a page earlier, when he asked for someone to pray for him.  I felt it was my sacred duty to oblige.

If you felt it your duty, then do your duty. Since you believe that there is power in prayer I can think of only one reason you would report your performance of your "duty;" to impose a psychological effect on Kevin. You and I both know he was making a joke when he asked us to pray for him.

BTW, I don't need faith in Kevin's commitment. That's up to him. I just didn't like it when you felt the "duty" to impose a self rightous reminder in what was obviously an attempt at psychological manipulation to everyone but yourself.

I came into this thread completely unarmed.  No knife twisting here.  I am glad that he is happy, and, as I said, I hope he finds what he is looking for.  Not sure why you opted for such hostility, but I wish you well.

You are so full of shit.

If a man is happy, his wife and kids are happy that he is happy, and his entire family is HAPPY, then what else in the freakin' world would he be looking for?

No, your comment was more in the line of patronizing than it was for encouragement. If your sincerity was more than the shitball that it is, then how come you aren't going crazy with words of praise and encouragement over in the testimony section?

Check yourself before you serve us your bullshit. You may not see it as such, but that's exactly what it is.

If you felt it your duty, then do your duty.  Since you believe that there is power in prayer I can think of only one reason you would report your performance of your "duty;" to impose a psychological effect on Kevin.  You and I both know he was making a joke when he asked us to pray for him.
Exactly! What dumbass couldn't see the joke?

Um, I'm going to learn to live without religion. Please pray for me.... :Doh:

Like I said above Jay, your bullshit stinks. It stinks bad.

BTW, I don't need faith in Kevin's commitment.  That's up to him.  I just didn't like it when you felt the "duty" to impose a self rightous reminder in what was obviously an attempt at psychological manipulation to everyone but yourself.
:dumbo: <--- He who hath these, let him hear!

If a man is happy, his wife and kids are happy that he is happy, and his entire family is HAPPY, then what else in the freakin' world would he be looking for?
Don't know, which is why I didn't specify.

No, your comment was more in the line of patronizing than it was for encouragement. If your sincerity was more than the shitball that it is, then how come you aren't going crazy with words of praise and encouragement over in the testimony section?
Actually, I haven't the time to spend in multiple sections of this board. That is why I limit myself to this one.

Check yourself before you serve us your bullshit. You may not see it as such, but that's exactly what it is.
I shall remember that you are the self-proclaimed expert on all things bullshit.

Exactly! What dumbass couldn't see the joke?

I was thinking the very same thing when I started reading the responses to my post.

I just didn't like it when you felt the "duty" to impose a self rightous reminder in what was obviously an attempt at psychological manipulation to everyone but yourself.
So, I was attempting to do something that I did not know I was attempting to do.

Perfect.

This is really entertaining.

I may have to spend more time here.

I shall remember that you are the self-proclaimed expert on all things bullshit.

Typical Christian Bullshitter™... not seeing what is actually there, and then turning around and proclaiming something that isn't.

So, I was attempting to do something that I did not know I was attempting to do.

Perfect.

This is really entertaining.

I may have to spend more time here.

Please do.

Kids, kids.....this is kind of like going to those awkward family picnics, where one side of the family is the Beaver clan, and the other side is the Twilight Zone. Someone's bound to piss someone on the other side off by saying something. :lmao:

Whatever the fact, Kevin -- not that I know you -- congratulations. The weight off your shoulders must be great; the freed up brain matter has to be a plus as well. Whatever you've become.