Goodbye Jesus

Challenge for Christians - GO and preach!

Checkmate

Who? Where are you going?

Laotian Speaking, Sacramento. :grin:

Poor folks. I hope you enjoy your trip though, sincerley I do.

I fear their language will never be the same. I'm terrible at English as it is.

Thanks Guys.

It wouldn't suprise me if you guys are more supportive than other Christians.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Checkmate

• Vixentrox

• dogmatically_challenged

• Vigile

Well, look at it this way.

Anyone vulnerable to being converted to Mormonism would fall for some other religion eventually anyway. Better to be a Mo than a Holy Roller. (isn't it?)

At least Mo's are happy with just your 10%.

CHALLENGE TO CHRISTIANS: GO into the world and preach the gospel!

Don’t just hide behind your computer screen, debating fruitlessly with us heathens here at Ex-C!

Don’t simply hide in your comfortable, air-conditioned home or office, arguing religion safely ensconced in the blanket of American free speech!

Stop preaching your faith in a country that is FULLY aware of Christianity, and is already dominated by “Christian” thoughts and values!

Why don’t you hypocritical Christians, quit being cowards, stop making excuses, OBEY your “lord Jesus”, and “GO into the WORLD and preach the gospel”!?

Isn’t THAT the Great Commission? Matthew 28:19-20?

Take your Holy Ghost filled self, and your precious “armor of God”, and GO into Muslim dominated countries (Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Indonesia, etc.) and preach the “good news” to THESE lost souls!

Don’t hide behind any feeble excuses such as, “But God hasn’t called me!”

Nonsense! Not only is every believer “called” to do this, but “Jesus” COMMANDED IT! He said “GO into the world”, not send out prayer requests and satellite TV transmissions!

So…what’s the hold up?

Go on! Sell everything you have. Quit your jobs. Abandon your families. And follow in the footsteps of “Jesus”! “Glory be to gawd!”

Tertullian said, “The blood of the martyrs is seed for the church.”

Well? Go plant some seeds, you gutless wonders!

Of course, NO American Christian worth his cable TV, will EVER do any of this. They love their worldly possessions too much. They don’t REALLY believe in “God’s” promises of protection, or necessary sacrifice of life when “He” decides it’s time for them to die.

I am SICK to death of Christians. Always demanding that WE believe “God” and their bible, when it’s painfully obvious that even THEY don’t believe!

And don’t tell me about how OTHER Christians have done just what I have proposed. So what? How does that excuse YOUR unbelief and disobedience to the “Great Commission”?

Obviously their message did NOT get through, since whole NATIONS are still NOT believing the “message of the cross”. It seems to me that YOU Christians still have work to do abroad, and your FEW missionaries and Evangelists are not up to this daunting task alone!

Get out there and help them! (I’m sure your Pastor would agree with me!)

I want to see it! I want to see an exodus of millions of Christian missionaries, forsake all and go into Muslim dominated nations, where the penalty is DEATH for preaching anything other than Allah, and take one in the heart for the “lord”.

It’s SO easy to pretend you are a “suffering saint” here in the safe confines of America. Where the worse things that you must “suffer” here are people who won’t vote YOUR Christian agenda into law, allow prayer in schools, or see the “Ten Commandments” taken out of Roy Moore’s courtroom.

But it’s another thing to preach boldly and fearlessly in the face of people who will horribly KILL you for being a believer in “Christ as King”.

You Christians have no right and no standing on THIS forum, to preach righteousness to US, when you won’t do as Jesus commands YOU.

IF you truly believe this God/Jesus stuff, then why delay? What are you waiting for? Stop telling me about the miracles of St. Paul and how he “boldly” proclaimed Christ everywhere HE went.

YOU do it!

[but if you CAN’T see your way to take up this challenge, I fully understand. You’re not a “True Christian” ™, but in reality a closet atheist who doesn’t REALLY believe any of this bible BS, and you just hang out with church folk for the social benefits. I understand. Truly, I do!] :loser:

CHALLENGE TO CHRISTIANS: GO into the world and preach the gospel!

Don’t just hide behind your computer screen, debating fruitlessly with us heathens here at Ex-C!

Don’t simply hide in your comfortable, air-conditioned home or office, arguing religion safely ensconced in the blanket of American free speech!

Stop preaching your faith in a country that is FULLY aware of Christianity, and is already dominated by “Christian” thoughts and values!

Why don’t you hypocritical Christians, quit being cowards, stop making excuses, OBEY your “lord Jesus”, and “GO into the WORLD and preach the gospel”!?

Isn’t THAT the Great Commission? Matthew 28:19-20?

Take your Holy Ghost filled self, and your precious “armor of God”, and GO into Muslim dominated countries (Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Indonesia, etc.) and preach the “good news” to THESE lost souls!

Don’t hide behind any feeble excuses such as, “But God hasn’t called me!”

Nonsense! Not only is every believer “called” to do this, but “Jesus” COMMANDED IT! He said “GO into the world”, not send out prayer requests and satellite TV transmissions!

So…what’s the hold up?

Go on! Sell everything you have. Quit your jobs. Abandon your families. And follow in the footsteps of “Jesus”! “Glory be to gawd!”

Tertullian said, “The blood of the martyrs is seed for the church.”

Well? Go plant some seeds, you gutless wonders!

Of course, NO American Christian worth his cable TV, will EVER do any of this. They love their worldly possessions too much. They don’t REALLY believe in “God’s” promises of protection, or necessary sacrifice of life when “He” decides it’s time for them to die.

I am SICK to death of Christians. Always demanding that WE believe “God” and their bible, when it’s painfully obvious that even THEY don’t believe!

And don’t tell me about how OTHER Christians have done just what I have proposed. So what? How does that excuse YOUR unbelief and disobedience to the “Great Commission”?

Obviously their message did NOT get through, since whole NATIONS are still NOT believing the “message of the cross”. It seems to me that YOU Christians still have work to do abroad, and your FEW missionaries and Evangelists are not up to this daunting task alone!

Get out there and help them! (I’m sure your Pastor would agree with me!)

I want to see it! I want to see an exodus of millions of Christian missionaries, forsake all and go into Muslim dominated nations, where the penalty is DEATH for preaching anything other than Allah, and take one in the heart for the “lord”.

It’s SO easy to pretend you are a “suffering saint” here in the safe confines of America. Where the worse things that you must “suffer” here are people who won’t vote YOUR Christian agenda into law, allow prayer in schools, or see the “Ten Commandments” taken out of Roy Moore’s courtroom.

But it’s another thing to preach boldly and fearlessly in the face of people who will horribly KILL you for being a believer in “Christ as King”.

You Christians have no right and no standing on THIS forum, to preach righteousness to US, when you won’t do as Jesus commands YOU.

IF you truly believe this God/Jesus stuff, then why delay? What are you waiting for? Stop telling me about the miracles of St. Paul and how he “boldly” proclaimed Christ everywhere HE went.

YOU do it!

[but if you CAN’T see your way to take up this challenge, I fully understand. You’re not a “True Christian” ™, but in reality a closet atheist who doesn’t REALLY believe any of this bible BS, and you just hang out with church folk for the social benefits. I understand. Truly, I do!] :loser:

British Muslims Counter Tsunami Proselytizing

Relief operations continue for Aceh survivors, amid growing fears of mixing aid with missionary activities. (Reuters)

Additional Reporting By Mustafa Abdel-Halim, IOL Staff

CAIRO , January 14 (IslamOnline.net & News Agencies) – Muslim groups in Britain are to build children villages in areas affected by quake-triggered tsunami in Asia, amid calls for counterbalancing the rising influence of Christian missionaries there.

“Muslim charities, along with international human relief groups, are to build children villages to care for children who lost their families after the massive disaster,” Ihtisham Hibatullah, the spokesperson for the Muslim Association of Britain, said Friday, January 14.

Hibatullah, whose group is one of the leading Muslim organizations in Britain , told IslamOnline.net over the phone, times of calamity should not be misused by non-Muslims.

He was speaking one day after US daily the Washington Post published a report revealing that a US missionary group plans to Christianize 300 Muslim children from the Indonesian province of Aceh .

Hi redneck.

Looks like ya don't quite have it down yet.

Welcome to Ex-C.

Somehow I think its the ex-ers that sit behind comfy computers or whatever and the real christians are doin the hard work of helping people

I fear their language will never be the same. I'm terrible at English as it is.

Thanks Guys.

It wouldn't suprise me if you guys are more supportive than other Christians.

Who? Whoever you are, male or female, I do not know. I have know doubt that you are a sincere and respectful person, it shows in your writings. I was sincerley hoping you enjoy your trip but at the same time pity the people that you'll more than likely bring into your cult. I feel sad for them.

i know thats what you meant, but I decided against confronting the whole cult brainwashing implication. Although being a part of the Morg sure makes life a lot easier, doesn't it?

Somehow I think its the ex-ers that sit behind comfy computers or whatever and the real christians are doin the hard work of helping people

Oh don't get me started with the "jest because you don't believe in jeebus means you dont have the morals to help people" crap. :Wendywhatever: I help people i shovel an elderly womans sidewalks and driveway...and she's christian. However a christian kid who live across the street does nothing but sits on his ass and plays video games.

And if i see a person who needs help i help him. if i see a hungry family on the side of the road i give em a few bucks. i hold open doors for people...its called being human and anyone can do it.

Oh don't get me started with the "jest because you don't believe in jeebus means you dont have the morals to help people" crap. :Wendywhatever: I help people i shovel an elderly womans sidewalks and driveway...and she's christian. However a christian kid who live across the street does nothing but sits on his ass and plays video games.

And if i see a person who needs help i help him. if i see a hungry family on the side of the road i give em a few bucks. i hold open doors for people...its called being human and anyone can do it.

[/quote

Boink,

It's not so much that we belive in Jesus but more to do with our common descent from Adam which makes us all related

Boink,

It's not so much that we belive in Jesus but more to do with our common descent from Adam which makes us all related

Welcome to the forum, redneck22! :sing:

Right now would be a great time for you to just sit back, and shut the fuck up. :HaHa:

Enjoy your stay. :grin:

=========================================

*EDIT* - Checking into my profile isn't going to change the fact

that what is stated above is damn good advice.

Boink,

Right now would be a great time for you to just sit back, and shut the fuck up. :HaHa:

Boink,

Im sittin.

Im sittin.
Now just stay right there, don't type anything else, and everything will be just fine. :grin:

Ever heard of Secular Humanity? That is such an arrogant reply on your part.

Boink,

Oh, I think Jesus would beg to differ.

Whats the point of Jesus if we are not related to Adam

Whats the point of Jesus if we are not related to Adam

There is no point to Jesus no matter how you look at it. :shrug:

I realize that your saying, "We are all related and that is why we should take care of each other." I agree with you on that.

What are your beliefs Serene?

wow i cant believe i got quoted. i guess what i said was good. any ways my point still stands no matter if we believe in anything at all and that includes coming form this guy named adam.

edited for tired misspells

Actually, I think you'll find we are NOT all descended fron Adam! :grin:

http://caw.org/articles/otherpeople.html

Where do you believe you are descended from Toxic? We must have come from somewhere.

Where do you believe you are descended from Toxic? We must have come from somewhere.

Sorry, the link I was trying to post was

http://www.caw.org/articles/otherpeople.html

I got it now! read that, sounds cool, I'll check it properly. Speaking of Motherly earth, our mitochondrial Dna which we apparently get from our mothers has been linked, via the genome project, to a small number of people (6 or so) possibly from africa, so the evolutionary scientists say.

I can understand your point about "other people" in Nod, but all that landscape changed via Noah's flood. Now the Indians (India) believe they are all descended from Manu who survived the flood with his seven helpers, the same word is repeated across the continent to man in GerMAN and to Britian in the word Manus. The early English people say they were the kindred of Manus and thats been where we get our word "mankind" check it out.

As for the image issue of many gods, I understand that, out of the Trinity, only Jesus has two arms and two legs and a head and since He did all the creating we are made in His image.

So I suppose I meant we are all descendants of Noah, anyway Im rambling too much so i'll check the link out properly.

I can understand your point about "other people" in Nod, but all that landscape changed via Noah's flood.

Dude, the flood did not happen. That is a myth. You have no evidence for this, apart from a story.

As for the image issue of many gods, I understand that, out of the Trinity, only Jesus has two arms and two legs and a head and since He did all the creating we are made in His image.

Wow you are saying we are created after the image of Jesus, but on the other hand, we have a christian named Sub_Zero who says we were created after the image of God the father.

can't christians decide which part of the trinity are we created after?What's the HS doing buddy

So I suppose I meant we are all descendants of Noah, anyway Im rambling too much so i'll check the link out properly.

As the article points out, there are other stories about other peoples who were descended from other survivors of a flood/deluge. So we are NOT all necesarilly descended from Noah!

Doesn't Genesis describe God walking in the Garden of Eden? I take it this is supposed to be God the Father, not Jesus. I presume God the Father would have needed legs to walk. And if he had legs it's a pretty safe bet he had a head, arms , etc.

Sorry, the link I was trying to post was

http://www.caw.org/articles/otherpeople.html

Great link!
That was a neat little way of interpreting the story. :grin:

I think I shall get naked now. :HaHa::woohoo::HaHa:

Doesn't Genesis describe God walking in the Garden of Eden? I take it this is supposed to be God the Father, not Jesus. I presume God the Father would have needed legs to walk. And if he had legs it's a pretty safe bet he had a head, arms , etc.

I think its more the case of whoever did the creating, had the image. John 1 says it was Jesus, and when Jesus was chatting with the Pharises he said to them" If you do not believe what Moses wrote how would you believe what I say, since he wrote of me....." but Jesus is not specifically mentioned in the Torah.

Welcome Redneck!

I need to warn you, since you believe the Bible literally.

If you are sincere and have not come here with ulterior motives, what you read here will shake your faith and cause doubt. You will learn things here that you never knew about Christianity and that mostly the things that you have been taught are false. If you stay on this board, you will learn the how's and why's.

We know the Bible better than you do. Many of us have read it many times over, studied it's content and history and the history of the church. We are Ex-Chrstians for a reason and not due to the Cliche's that believers spew at us.

John was written about a century after Jesus supposedly existed. It was the last of the Gospels to be written. I'm sorry to tell you this but, there is no historical evidence that Jesus even existed nor are there any eyewitness accounts.

Taph

We know the Bible better than you do. Many of us have read it many times over, studied it's content and history and the history of the church.

Taph

I understand that santa (anagram) knows scripture well enough to quiz Jesus with it, I wouldn't doubt that, but did Moses write about Jesus?

We know the Bible better than you do. Many of us have read it many times over, studied it's content and history and the history of the church.

Taph

I understand that santa (anagram) knows scripture well enough to quiz Jesus with it, I wouldn't doubt that, but did Moses write about Jesus?

Oh, now I understand what your intention is. (Santa = Satan and I understand what you are implying to us.)

For a moment, I thought you might actually be sincere and maybe not just another brainwashed idiot fundy who trolls the board hoping to get brownie points by converting us back. Sorry for the mistake. I'm just too optimistic sometimes.

Taph