Goodbye Jesus

Challenge for Christians - GO and preach!

Checkmate

It's lies and deceit to you but it is truth and life to many.

No, it's a belief, not truth. You have to demonstrate that it is truth before you can claim it to be so, otherwise you're just talking out of your ass.

Sadie, you have seen people healed but have YOU done the healing? Your supposed to be able to if your faith is the size of a mustard seed. Why not go to a childrens hospital and start healing all the leukimia cases for starters or don't you have faith enough in your god to do what the bible says you are able to do? Or maybe you just want those children sick and dying instead. YOU have the power don't you?

Vixen...why ask those questions? She's either gonna claim that she saw this happen (just like Jason Ass-itch) without any type of verification.

That's like asking an alien abductee if they really saw aliens...

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Checkmate

• Vixentrox

• dogmatically_challenged

• Vigile

No, it's a belief, not truth. You have to demonstrate that it is truth before you can claim it to be so, otherwise you're just talking out of your ass.

Sadie, you have seen people healed but have YOU done the healing? Your supposed to be able to if your faith is the size of a mustard seed. Why not go to a childrens hospital and start healing all the leukimia cases for starters or don't you have faith enough in your god to do what the bible says you are able to do? Or maybe you just want those children sick and dying instead. YOU have the power don't you?

Vixen...why ask those questions? She's either gonna claim that she saw this happen (just like Jason Ass-itch) without any type of verification.

That's like asking an alien abductee if they really saw aliens...

I'm not going to lie to you so you'll believe me. I wouldn't stoop that low. You don't have to believe me it won't change a thing.

I'm not going to lie to you so you'll believe me. I wouldn't stoop that low. You don't have to believe me it won't change a thing.

Your entire belief is a lie, Sadie, you are stooping that low just by being a Christian.

I'm not entrapping anyone. Sorry you feel that way. Expression of thought. That's all. It's just that mine is different than yours.

Of course you are, that's what you try to do when you go and preach the word. You spread lies and deceit.

Sadie... do me a favour and try to solve the Geneology problem. There's a thread about it here...

If you don't fancy giving it a whirl, I'll summarize it for you... Jesus couldn't have been the Messiah.

I'm not entrapping anyone. Sorry you feel that way. Expression of thought. That's all. It's just that mine is different than yours.

Of course you are, that's what you try to do when you go and preach the word. You spread lies and deceit.

Sadie... do me a favour and try to solve the Geneology problem. There's a thread about it here...

If you don't fancy giving it a whirl, I'll summarize it for you... Jesus couldn't have been the Messiah.

I think the Colosseum Section is more cleaner and more civil.

http://www.ex-christian.net/index.php?showtopic=4541

However, YOU can't deny that if Christians would just quit presenting themselves as an evangelistic THREAT to Muslims, then Muslims wouldn't KILL them. While not excusing the bloody behavior of Muslims, you MUST understand that theirs is a knee-jerk response to having their BELIEFS challenged with extinction. Preaching Christ to replace Allah is a THREAT to them. They don't view your entreaties as LOVE. You're threatening their way of life. People who feel threatened ATTACK the threat.

Is THAT crazy? Not really. It's natural to protect your self, culture, and species from being eliminated. While we may not approve of Islam, you can't deny that they TOO have the right to live life as they see fit.

That makes sense! They approach you and then if you react to them, you're persecuting them.

Truth be told, as an avowed ATHEIST MY life is in more danger from Muslims than is a Christian's. If Christians keep their mouths shut, a Muslim won't touch them. But if the Muslim learns that I am an atheist, they'd KILL me on principle! Don't tell ME about being persecuted! :eek: An atheist is the greatest Free Thinking threat that any government faces. Including the USA.

Yeah.. funny that. We say to those who seemingly preach love that you don't believe as them, suddenly you get anger and disdain. So much for Love thy neighbor.

And contrary to YOUR assertions, we NON-believers DON'T "preach" our unbelief. We just live our lives and defend our views when assaulted by YOUR religious advances. (Much like the Muslim response, only without the bloodshed.)

Face the facts: If YOU Christians would just shut up and leave everyone else alone, then there would be NO problems. You are the ONLY one's seeking to challenge other people's beliefs and ways of life. The Christian denominations are the ONLY ones who "evangelize". Jews and Muslims DON'T preach to infidels and gentiles. They couldn't care less.

Now that you mention it... most all religious discussion wasn't initiated, just responded to. Boy some people are sorry they ever brought it up. LOL

Of course now YOU will make some spurious plea about "warning us from the perils of the cliff", or some other drivel, to excuse your RUDE behavior. And thus the war will continue.

Thanks, rude Christians! Thanks for bringing continued Death into the world. Preciate it. :Doh:

:Doh:

I haven't seen myself anyone cured with AIDS but I do have a friend who saw someone cured of AIDS while on a mission trip. I have seen someone healed of MS and I also saw a bone broken out of the skin go back into place as we prayed. (that was gross looking)

Where's this person with MS? Got a link to their story? I know a lot of people with neurological and auto immune diseases who spend their time on the health forums praying, but none of them seem to get better, they just keep asking for more and more prayers for more and more symptoms and side effects of the drugs they take.

[

Yeah.. funny that. We say to those who seemingly preach love that you don't believe as them, suddenly you get anger and disdain. So much for Love thy neighbor.

Where's this person with MS? Got a link to their story? I know a lot of people with neurological and auto immune diseases who spend their time on the health forums praying, but none of them seem to get better, they just keep asking for more and more prayers for more and more symptoms and side effects of the drugs they take.

I'm not angry or disdainful. Once again jumping to conclusions and generalizing. The woman that got healed from MS is the worship leader at my church, Viola. No she doesn't have a link. So it's just my word you'll have to take.

The woman that got healed from MS is the worship leader at my church, Viola. No she doesn't have a link. So it's just my word you'll have to take.

Why don't healings ever include arms, legs, or even fingers or toes growing back? MS sufferers can go through long periods of remission . I would be impressed with a genuine healing that could not be explained away by psychology, chance, or remission. A finger growing back would do it.

Oh, and why does god heal the body anyway? You are supposed to get a new one when you die. Doesn't it just sound to you like a natural human desire that was written in by mere humans expressing their natural desires?

If your religion is true, what's wrong with demanding of it at least as much as Thomas did?

The woman that got healed from MS is the worship leader at my church, Viola. No she doesn't have a link. So it's just my word you'll have to take.

Why don't healings ever include arms, legs, or even fingers or toes growing back? MS sufferers can go through long periods of remission . I would be impressed with a genuine healing that could not be explained away by psychology, chance, or remission. A finger growing back would do it.

Oh, and why does god heal the body anyway? You are supposed to get a new one when you die. Doesn't it just sound to you like a natural human desire that was written in by mere humans expressing their natural desires?

If your religion is true, what's wrong with demanding of it at least as much as Thomas did?

Actually a pastor that went to Africa that is from a local church has seen arms and legs etc grow back. I saw a girl's broken leg(bone was petruding from the skin) go back into place. Care to explain that away. From my experience with fractures and broken bones they don't JUST fall back into place and heal.

Actually a pastor that went to Africa that is from a local church has seen arms and legs etc grow back.

I've heard plenty of stories like this myself. Why do they always happen in Africa, India, Alabama, somewhere else? They guy lied. Evidence is hearsay and wouldn't stand up even in a kangaroo court.

I saw a girl's broken leg(bone was petruding from the skin) go back into place. Care to explain that away. From my experience with fractures and broken bones they don't JUST fall back into place and heal.

What does that mean? You are saying here leg was broken, bone sticking out, then it miraculously came back into place and she walked away unijured? If you are arguing this, once again your evidence is hearsay and is meaningless. You could be lying. I suspect though that you are not describing all of the details though and in the details we will likely uncover a perfectly natural explanation.

If you complain about my hearsay rule, which is perfectly reasonable I might add, there is evidence that would be admissible in court that could be at least considered. Provide us a medical report that verifies a bonafide miracle. Provide a video link to a finger growing back. These things can be doctored of course, but at least they would merit further discussion.

Absolutely AMAZING! I find it strangely...co-incidental (to be polite)...that all of these unverified, HEARSAY "healings" of limbs, have ONLY occured "somewhere else". Much like the goobers who have seen and been abducted by aliens in backwoods Alabama. (Alert the National Enquirer™!)

"I know a Pastor who SAID HE saw it happen." (Bwahahahaha!) "I know a guy, who knows someone, who has a sister, who says THEY heard about it...somewhere." (Stop it! You're killing me! Bwahahahahahaha!)

God and aliens have something in common. They only perform for gullible people, who WANT to see things, AND they only perform out of sight of ANY cameras or reliable witnesses.

How...interesting. (snicker!)

Oh, and one other thing...

Has anyone noticed that the thread TOPIC has been neatly side-stepped? Notice how we are STILL arguing with these "Christians"? Not one of them has YET backed away from their computer screens, sold all and gone to preach the gospel. They'd MUCH rather sit here and regale us with fanciful tales of hearsay healings and miracles. Talking the talk, safe in your home or office, is so much easier than actually LIVING the life of "Christ."

Ah, well. Imagine my surprise.

Oh, and one other thing...

Has anyone noticed that the thread TOPIC has been neatly side-stepped? Notice how we are STILL arguing with these "Christians"? Not one of them has YET backed away from their computer screens, sold all and gone to preach the gospel. They'd MUCH rather sit here and regale us with fanciful tales of hearsay healings and miracles. Talking the talk, safe in your home or office, is so much easier than actually LIVING the life of "Christ."

Ah, well. Imagine my surprise.

Sad isn't it? They refuse to risk everything for thier god. They are hell bound for sure for their lack of faith.

Have you ever seen someone cured by AIDS? yes....yes I have.

Well, what about fingers growing back? Oh yea, yea I've seen that too.

Have you seen a magical dragon leap down and devour a bunch of sinners? Yea, yea I've seen that.

What I want to know is... why do we never hear about these miracles in the news or anything? I mean, this kind of thing would be NEWS!

Actually, this isn't quite true... things like this do surface from time to time. Problem is, they turn up in the newspaper that also prints such stories as "Space Cabbages ate my underwear", "My son turned into a fishfinger", "B17 bomber found on moon", "London bus found frozen at south pole", "Hitler was a transvestite", and (one of my personal favourites) "Hitler steals B17 bomber on moon"...

Just how gullible would you have to be to believe any of those?

By the way, for those who are curious... Hitler stole the bomber because the paper revealed he was a transvestite and he flew it to another star system where he could hide until the story died...

My best friend's cousin's sister's roomate's brother once had his whole leg grow back.

What?

Don't you believe me?

The funny thing was, he was a Rastafarian...

How about making my brothers figers grow back that he lost. Simple request and simple to do for you god. Start praying and make it happen. If his fingers grow back I promise to worship Jesus again.

If you complain about my hearsay rule, which is perfectly reasonable I might add, there is evidence that would be admissible in court that could be at least considered. Provide us a medical report that verifies a bonafide miracle. Provide a video link to a finger growing back. These things can be doctored of course, but at least they would merit further discussion.

I'm not getting records and posting them on here to prove to you anything. You can say I'm lying or not I really don't care. Because no matter what I would put on here you would never believe it. :shrug:

Absolutely AMAZING! I find it strangely...co-incidental (to be polite)...that all of these unverified, HEARSAY "healings" of limbs, have ONLY occured "somewhere else". Much like the goobers who have seen and been abducted by aliens in backwoods Alabama. (Alert the National Enquirer!)

"I know a Pastor who SAID HE saw it happen." (Bwahahahaha!) "I know a guy, who knows someone, who has a sister, who says THEY heard about it...somewhere." (Stop it! You're killing me! Bwahahahahahaha!)

God and aliens have something in common. They only perform for gullible people, who WANT to see things, AND they only perform out of sight of ANY cameras or reliable witnesses.

How...interesting. (snicker!)

I SAW the limb go back into place. I was there for that one

Have you ever seen someone cured by AIDS? yes....yes I have.

Well, what about fingers growing back? Oh yea, yea I've seen that too.

Have you seen a magical dragon leap down and devour a bunch of sinners? Yea, yea I've seen that.

I have not said yes to seeing anything accept the broken bone going back together. I merely said I know of friends who have seen these. I only know what I saw. and that was the healing of the bone.

I have not said yes to seeing anything accept the broken bone going back together. I merely said I know of friends who have seen these. I only know what I saw. and that was the healing of the bone.

Well how is that impressive. That is actually a very common medical phenomena and is not necessarily limited to just christians.

I think what people are asking here are for miracles that cannot be cured or explained by current medicial science eg curing of AIDS will be really amazing miracle to witness or the growing of a new limb. That is currently medically impossible.

To be precise we are talking about miracles that Jesus Christ did.

Well how is that impressive. That is actually a very common medical phenomena and is not necessarily limited to just christians.

I think what people are asking here are for miracles that cannot be cured or explained by current medicial science eg curing of AIDS will be really amazing miracle to witness or the growing of a new limb. That is currently medically impossible.

It wasn't medically curable. She broker her leg it was broken out of the skin, we prayed and at that moment watched it bend back into place and heal as if nothing broke at all. To me that is amazing. It's not everyday I see a bone that is broken out of the skin go back into place and fuse back together before my eyes. So to me it's impressive.

For clarifications sake, I would never ask someone if they've seen or heard of anything of the sort.

I think it's pointless without any documentation of any kind. Experiments regarding prayer have been unsuccessful in showing that prayer is effective.

It wasn't medically curable. She broker her leg it was broken out of the skin, we prayed and at that moment watched it bend back into place and heal as if nothing broke at all. To me that is amazing. It's not everyday I see a bone that is broken out of the skin go back into place and fuse back together before my eyes. So to me it's impressive.

Have you ever heard about the placebo effect? That's a very reasonable explanation for it.

What would be impressive if her bones had been crushed (Not that I am wishing that should happened, thank god for it was not such major problem)and then afterwards they healed back?

And what about cases where Christians who lose their limb to accident despite the fact that they prayed.

And lastly what is your explaination if suppose a Muslim or Hindu comes up and gives tells u a similar kind of story?

Have you ever heard about the placebo effect? That's a very reasonable explanation for it.

What would be impressive if her bones had been crushed (Not that I am wishing that should happened, thank god for it was not such major problem)and then afterwards they healed back?

And what about cases where Christians who lose their limb to accident despite the fact that they prayed.

And lastly what is your explaination if suppose a Muslim or Hindu comes up and gives tells u a similar kind of story?

I don't have all the answers to why prayer works and when. I honestly don't. but the one I question is not God but me. It's my faith that stands in the way. Or perhaps the faith of the one being prayed for. Jesus said to many, "your faith has made you whole." Faith is the key but since we are human we have not mastered that. And I'd tell the Muslim or Hindu,"praise God that's awesome" :grin: