Goodbye Jesus

Pagans, Witches are Fucking Morons Too

Guest ElGuapo

Despite being a Pagan, I believe in evolution and not a creator. Though I believe that higher powers exist, I think their hold over this world is limited at best and that they too were created.

I'm actually considered something of a critic when it comes to Paganism, and many is the time I've debunked or rebuked some Pagan's silly story about ghosts or gods. I'm not saying I don't believe in hauntings or gods, but if the story has holes, I call them on it. Many Pagans have commented that I'm too harsh and not "open enough" to their ideas. So be it.

Yea. I'm sorry you have to go through that. Me too. But you prove my point about what isn't necessary in spiritualism. If you can be reasonable and still be Pagan, then they can.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dogmatically_challenged

• a midnight star

• Ouroboros

• BeccasStillSeeking

While Pagan faiths have had their share of intolerance, I think they have been overall more tolerant than the Judaic faiths. Herodotus called the Egyptian deities by Greek names, because he assumed that both sets of gods existed and thus must be one set. The Romans also used their names for Greek, Egyptian and even Nordic gods.

Generally if I get into a conversation with someone who worships from a different panetheon, the discussion turns to something like "Cool, I always liked (such and such a god) or (such and such a mythology." Then we explain our beliefs and discover how similar they are.

I hope that that will be the case - one set of divinity with different names and forms, as opposed to "Amun is real and Zeus is fake."

Precisely why I love Pagans. My life was torn apart by religious differences in my family circle.

If the fundies take over they can just kill me.

But it is honorable and moral to defend yourself and others. I just can't deal with that kind of thing.

D_C,

What Right is given to a religious fanatic of any stripe to strip you of Life and Liberty?

Why would you value your Life and Self so slightly that you would willing line up and fill a hole in the ground just for the convience of some asshat?

When Capt'n Asshat and the Equalizers are ever given power through coup or legislative ignorance. Alexander's words will become more potent.

We've been warned about the State's "Organs" and what will happen to us should be allow thm the spectre of Power...

You are Free to bargian away your Life, your Liberty and whatever else you care to do so.

This mean old fuck isn't. On any account.

kL

Twist my arm to read more Heinlein. ;)

In spite of being fairly knowledgable about firearms (and knives, and exotic poisons--I write horror and suspense) I'm almost phobically gun-shy. Growing up in a neighborhood with lots of gunshots all night long ("It's New Years Eve, time to get in the bathtub kids!"), it's no big surprise. But I'm actually looking into going to a range and training specifically to get over it.

Good. Acquantiance with firearms is always a good thing. Just another tool.

Hopefully, such preparation will never be needed for practical application....

Always a practical application. Hopefully it will be said in ten, twenty years, that "My guns have killed less people than Ted Kennedy's car" still..

Have zero burning desire to put a or multiple holes in another persons hide. Not my gig wanting to see someone get torn apart.

However if shit comes to that point and the push requires a shove back, the mean_old_man has his tools handy. Encourages any other Freeperson to learn to do so also.

kL

Guest Son of Belial
Oh I'm gonna like you!  :grin:

Yep.  And if someone is a follower of Crowley that's cool.  Because they know why it's really spelled that way by some.  But it's irritating with fluffies who generally HATE Aleister Crowley use his spelling and then start frolicking around in the woods going "we just want people to know we are special...not like fake magic on stage." bah! ;)

They hate him but Gardener stole his Rede from Crowley, the same Rede that Wiccans spout all over the place. He changed it, sure, but it was inspired by Crowley's Law. I'm not a Thelemite but I fully support the basic ideas behind the Law that Crowley espoused. It's a logical idea, really, and so much more interesting than "An' it harm none." Unfortunately, there are times when harming people is necessary, and Crowley covered that with HIS Law.

Goddamn you DC, now I miss the frolicking...shit...I'm missing those bonfires now.  argh!  Maybe I'll start my own nature lovin hoedowns...pagans welcome, but not only pagans...and no silly "witch wars"  no shop talk, just fun and food and bonfires.

Some of the Pagans I know are tamed by the quakers. They are quaker pagans some of them. No infighting just lovin'.

I am an anti-religious butthole and still they love me. hehe.

Guest Son of Belial
hans, pagans have secret plans to take over the world...you aren't supposed to know about it until phase three though.  There will have to be a secret meeting to see if you should be eliminated. ;)

That's only in association with the Evil Athiest Conspiracy. All else you said still stands, though.

D_C,

What Right is given to a religious fanatic of any stripe to strip you of Life and Liberty?

Why would you value your Life and Self so slightly that yu sould willing line up and fill a hole in the ground just for the convience of some asshat?

When Capt'n Asshat and the Equalizers are ever given power through coup or legislative ignorance. Alexander's words will become more potent.

We've been warned about the State's "Organs" and what will happen to us should be allow thm the spectre of Power...

You are Free to bargian away your Life, your Liberty and whatever else you care to do so.

This mean old fuck isn't. On any account.

kL

I am glad that that is so. It is honorable. I just have a sqeemish stomach for killing. I am sqeemish.

That's only in association with the Evil Athiest Conspiracy. All else you said still stands, though.

Muhahahaha!!!! :ph34r::Duivel7:

***Kept your cool. ****

Nah, I'm cool. I was just thinking "wow, it didn't take too long for me to piss everybody off". I am now currently laughing at myself. :)

Guest Son of Belial
Will have to read Crowley more closely.  I think a lot of people when they start out, start out Wiccan cause they don't know about the other options...it's easy to hold onto all the stuff you're told like "avoid crowley" etc. etc.

As for gardner he actually had 161 (i believe) laws...including things like scourging and not telling others you are "of the wicca" but of course modern wiccans ignore all this and act like his entire "rede" was just that one pat phrase.

Well, the idea of the Law and Will, in its simplist form(and this was how it was explained to me, so a staunch Thelemite might say I'll full of shit) is that sin is that which infringes on the Will of another. If I kill you, I've infringed on your Will to live. If I steal, I've infringed on your Will to own something.

On the other hand, we each have individual Wills, and our words and actions declare our Will. So, if I go out and kill someone for no good reason, that tells the world that my Will is that I do NOT believe life has a right to exist. Thus, someone can kill me(execution or otherwise) and it is NOT a sin, since they are NOT infringing on my Will - remember, by murdering, I stated my Will that life has no meaning.

Anyway, I thought that that idea made sense, and is a lot more deep and encompassing than "An' it harm none..."

Hello ElGuapo,

It is pretty evident you are a miserable human being.  You are filled with hatred not only for yourself but for everyone.  The reasons for that only you can answer, but doubt you have the balls to face.  It is much easier to just want to off everyone around you because you are such a pathetic loser.

I would suggest you take your own life as soon as possible.  You will never find peace and happiness regardless of your surroundings, so your only solution is to end your misery.  Use the method of your choice (as long as it affects only yourself) and exit stage right.  You are a waste of human flesh, not worthy of the air you breathe or food you eat that others could have.

Yo, buddy. Little tip: as an intro, this sucked donkey ass.

Try not to be as hypocritical in post #2, mm'kay?

If you're going to yell at ElGuapo for being "filled with hatred" then you're going to have to dump your own pantload of hatred yourself.

Otherwise I'm going to have to dispense yet another :Wendywhatever::asshole2:

PPS Back after a year (I used to post as Redshift) and this is the first post I have to read?? Dammit.

Welcome back, Red! :woohoo:

Gimme a minute, and I'll tell you what you're thinking. :scratch:

:lmao:

It's good to see you back. :woohoo:

i'm into Pagan religions right now so i dont want to die for my interest in them.

ElG, kid, while I have known my share of idiot pagans (I tend to call them clown-shoes), and yes, there are a lot of them, I have no reason to wish them ill. Really, fuck you.

I just tend to like to play with heretofore unexplained science. Hell, I'm not even asking you to respect what I believe, but the offing others, well, that is just a bit on the unacceptable side. Looks like the mods have talked to you about that, already, though, kid.

May I recommend something for your hopeless existance, a shrink and some meds, or a razor and please remember that it is down the block, not across the street. I, and many others here, have no need for fundies. Except to laugh at.

Now does anyone have some white chocolate?

Once again...I dont think its right to hate those who believe in certain religions. I hate Christianity. I dont hate Christians. I certainly dont wish for any harm to come to them. This is ex-Christian.net... Many here used to be Christian.

In any religion or lack of, there are assholes and wonderful people.

Once again...I dont think its right to hate those who believe in certain religions. I hate Christianity. I dont hate Christians. I certainly dont wish for any harm to come to them. This is ex-Christian.net... Many here used to be Christian.

In any religion or lack of, there are assholes and wonderful people.

Yea. I hate xianity and am paranoid of xers. I don't want harm to come to any of them. There are xers who are more than decent people I have to admit.

DAMN was this a long thread. :eek:

Though I think your words are falling on deaf ears; either ElGuapo is pulling a fast one, or took his skateboard and went home. Good riddance anyway. Just because religion in general strikes me as silly doesn't mean I think religious people should die.

Unless they're shooting at me with intent to kill.

Then they's going down.

I'm actually considered something of a critic when it comes to Paganism, and many is the time I've debunked or rebuked some Pagan's silly story about ghosts or gods.

Then why stay a pagan? And can you define your "gods"? I'm curious.

*waves a hash brownie under Vigile's nose* I like dark chocolate, m'self.

*Talking with mouthful after snatching brownie out of Becca's hand* And I hear dark chocolate's good for your health.

Then why stay a pagan? And can you define your "gods"?  I'm curious.

Paganism has a flexibility in which you can take everything symbolically and not have to believe in deities.

Guest Son of Belial
Then why stay a pagan? And can you define your "gods"?  I'm curious.

Because I've encountered things personally that I couldn't debunk. I still try to be critical of what I see and hear, and the stories I'm told, even if they support my beliefs. Some things, however, don't have any other explanation.

Note that I'm not pushing my beliefs or preaching. I don't care if anyone believes me or not.

I'll share my chocolate chip cookies if someone has fudge they want to share!

Good point, but there is a difference in saying:"hey, this is where we hang our hats if you want to come down and hang."  and: "Join our club or burn, stupid."

Very well put! It's also the reason why a lot of Pagans who "drift away" remain friends and family. It's much easier to remain congenial with a group that doesn't try to SIEZE and CONTROL you. :P