Goodbye Jesus

Pagans, Witches are Fucking Morons Too

Guest ElGuapo

Guest Son of Belial
Alright, I apologize for coming off as a twirp. However, I didn't think it was necessary for Lady Feline Cat to cast aspersions on my character simply because I agreed (to some extent) with the poster.

She didn't. You said that she was wrong for characterising all Christians... right before you said something to the extent of "All Pagans are idiots."

potcallskettleblack.jpg

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dogmatically_challenged

• a midnight star

• Ouroboros

• BeccasStillSeeking

Alright, I apologize for coming off as a twirp. However, I didn't think it was necessary for Lady Feline Cat to cast aspersions on my character simply because I agreed (to some extent) with the poster.

I understand what you mean, but next time don't take it out on everybody else on the board when one person rather vocally disagrees with your stance. Take it up with that one person instead.

What was that you were saying about being overly offensive and making attacks?

Ok so my original post said: Haha, alright, while I wouldn't substantially disagree with your post, you could have put it a little more mildly.

I agree: Wiccans, pagans, shamans, and spiritualists (though definitely more tolerant than Christians), are just as fucking clueless as the rest of them. I'm sick of all the ridiculous solipsism and postmodern crap they be preaching to everyone, where we all "create our own reality." They need to get a fucking clue!

Ok, everyone has my apologies for me so *rudely* voicing my opinion. Now it would be nice if that other guy [ElGuapo?] would apologize as well (there's a certain truth-->to be an atheist is to be alone in this world, mwhahaha)

Actually, BIASC, it wasn't that inital post that I found (personally) offensive. It was how you responded in every other one of your posts after that one.

BIAS, let me introduce myself. I am Dave's Hammer. I fix things when they don't work well.

Folks got a problem with some of your posts and attitudes displayed in this thread.

Dunno quite what the headache *is*, however referring back to the Board Guidlines will give you an indication of expectations of the guests and users of Dave's House and ExChristian dot net.

Next post with name calling and assorted bullshit will find you given a time out..

kevinL

Ok, so let me get this straight: I called a couple of people "idiots" and told them to "fuck off." This was after I was called a bigot, and accused of wanting the rest of the human race to live in ignorace and hate (or something like that, from Miss Feline).

I didn't attack Son of Belial until he got rude with me. I didn't attack a midnight star until after she called me an asshole. I then go on to apologize for being such a twirp, but now the mod comes out and threatens to give me a time out. And then the members I attack say they weren't offended by my original post, they were offended by my calling them an idiot and other not-so-nice uncalled for bleep!. Is it just me, or does anyone else find it disturbing that you two seem more offended by my insults rather than the original poster who wished DEATH for EVERY WICCAN AND PAGAN ON THIS PLANET????

Jebus fucker! In my opinion, every witch, pagan, chrisitan, hindu, etc. should be fucking killed. The only way to progress the human race is to eradicate these fucking nut jobs! MAGIC IS MAKE BELIEVE YOU STUPID MOTHER FUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok simple and straight forward.

1. I was offended by your first post. After you rated who was most tolerant, you went ahead and showed yourself to be intolerent.

2. Pagans preaching to anybody is the exception, not the norm. for most paths it is a definant no-no. I know I was taught not to go out and try to convert anybody. It seems to be quite common.

3. How did you think we were going to feel when we would tell you we aren't interested in sharing our personal life with you after you insulted us?

4. insomuch that we don't care whether or not you agree with out paths, why is it so important that we explain ourselves to you? We are not so stupid here to allow ourselves to get baited like that.

5. Act like an asshole and insult me and I will call you on it.

6. I wasn't quite so upset with the orginal poster because it was obviously posted by someone who was upset about something. You on the other hand, felt the need to push and call names because we refuse to share with you. See the difference?

Ok, gotcha.

Ok, so let me get this straight: I called a couple of people "idiots" and told them to "fuck off." This was after I was called a bigot, and accused of wanting the rest of the human race to live in ignorace and hate (or something like that, from Miss Feline).

I didn't attack Son of Belial until he got rude with me. I didn't attack a midnight star until after she called me an asshole. I then go on to apologize for being such a twirp, but now the mod comes out and threatens to give me a time out. And then the members I attack say they weren't offended by my original post, they were offended by my calling them an idiot and other not-so-nice uncalled for bleep!. Is it just me, or does anyone else find it disturbing that you two seem more offended by my insults rather than the original poster who wished DEATH for EVERY WICCAN AND PAGAN ON THIS PLANET????

The actors who are the *regulars* involved in this are now informed to also cool off the purseswinging.... If you want to feel more special BIAS, I'm sure I can add a few fucks, shits, damns, and other expletives to make the post much more personal.

Discussion is cool, pursefights and hissy fits are not. This thread is on bitter edge of being a Class A pissfest that gets nothing done but suck The Bosses bandwidth.

kL

Why is this topic pinned?

I've had complaints from six or seven people (including four formal, Reported Posts) regarding the garbage spewed forth on this one thread.

This topic is unpinned.

I'd be just as happy to close it and let those who wish to continue their conversation start another thread or take their differences to personal mail.

The next complaint I get on this one... that's how it will be.

Life is too short to waste time on this kind of... crap.

Hate speech is unwelcome at Ex-C.

Why is this topic pinned?

I've had complaints from six or seven people (including four formal, Reported Posts) regarding the garbage spewed forth on this one thread.

This topic is unpinned.

I'd be just as happy to close it and let those who wish to continue their conversation start another thread or take their differences to personal mail.

The next complaint I get on this one... that's how it will be.

Life is too short to waste time on this kind of... crap.

Hate speech is unwelcome at Ex-C.

DITTO!!!

Reach, PLEASE do everyone a favor and CLOSE this shameful thread! I'm actually surprised it has been allowed to "live" THIS long.

Open, close, don't really care. Most of what is being seen here seems to stem from plain ignorance more than anything else. For some reason, people, regulars and otherwise, have seemed to have done the whole jerk thing (myself included). There are some interesting things to address, though.

Ok, you want my rough concept of deities, fine. You asked.

The stories, myths, concepts, and archetypes tend to just provide lessons, a small bit of guidance to strive for, and sometimes a different perspective. Whether there is an actual Zeus, Marduk, Shiva, or any other number of other deities really isn't the point. Sometimes the important part is the story itself, sometimes it is just something to use to focus yourself (yes, I just called gods tools. Right on multiple levels if you think about it).

As for wierd shit occuring. I wish I had reproducable proof, or something material that wouldn't make me sound crazy. I haven't yet. Working on it, but for right now, the only time that I have pulled off anything obviously wierd myself is under times of durress, and for reasons that should be fairly obvious, I have no desire to cause more of these events (for one they are rather untidy, as those circumstances aren't exactly easy to control if they can be, and two, most of them are inherently unsafe for yours truly. While I may want some proof to point to, I am not about to go looking for trouble not to. Enough finds me as is.) Really, the only thing I can point to where apparently a half gallon of gas went missing from my fuel tank (this is calculated from my car's milage between refills, and yes, I compensated for temperature, and it is a routine thing for me, that trip odometer is great for tracking fuel economy, sometimes more reliable than the fuel gauge), and about 18 hours of idle charge from my cell phone. A couple of friends did witness this, but they are also biased in the same way I am, so I can't come close to calling this any sort of conclusive evidence, and I have not been able to reproduce said phenomena as of yet. If I do, then I will be happy to complete demonstrations and collect some serious cash. I however have, as of yet, been unable to come up with a good explanation for why this happened by purely normal means. It should also be noted that this appeared to be more a side effect rather than anything else.

Ultimately, my view on the supernatural/occult/magic/wierd things, is that they are just unexplained science, and poorly understood effects. Call me deluded if you want, but you asked my views, so here they are.

Open, close, don't really care.  Most of what is being seen here seems to stem from plain ignorance more than anything else.  For some reason, people, regulars and otherwise, have seemed to have done the whole jerk thing (myself included).  There are some interesting things to address, though.

Ok, you want my rough concept of deities, fine.  You asked.

The stories, myths, concepts, and archetypes tend to just provide lessons, a small bit of guidance to strive for, and sometimes a different perspective.  Whether there is an actual Zeus, Marduk, Shiva, or any other number of other deities really isn't the point.  Sometimes the important part is the story itself, sometimes it is just something to use to focus yourself (yes, I just called gods tools.  Right on multiple levels if you think about it). 

As for wierd shit occuring.  I wish I had reproducable proof, or something material that wouldn't make me sound crazy.  I haven't yet.  Working on it, but for right now, the only time that I have pulled off anything obviously wierd myself is under times of durress, and for reasons that should be fairly obvious, I have no desire to cause more of these events (for one they are rather untidy, as those circumstances aren't exactly easy to control if they can be, and two, most of them are inherently unsafe for yours truly.  While I may want some proof to point to, I am not about to go looking for trouble not to.  Enough finds me as is.)   Really, the only thing I can point to where apparently a half gallon of gas went missing from my fuel tank (this is calculated from my car's milage between refills, and yes, I compensated for temperature, and it is a routine thing for me, that trip odometer is great for tracking fuel economy, sometimes more reliable than the fuel gauge), and about 18 hours of idle charge from my cell phone.  A couple of friends did witness this, but they are also biased in the same way I am, so I can't come close to calling this any sort of conclusive evidence, and I have not been able to reproduce said phenomena as of yet.  If I do, then I will be happy to complete demonstrations and collect some serious cash.  I however have, as of yet, been unable to come up with a good explanation for why this happened by purely normal means.  It should also be noted that this appeared to be more a side effect rather than anything else.

Ultimately, my view on the supernatural/occult/magic/wierd things, is that they are just unexplained science, and poorly understood effects.  Call me deluded if you want, but you asked my views, so here they are.

I desire confidence that this is the view held by most pagans. I want to believe it. I am already partialy sold here. Modern Paganism can be very different than xianity and I definately fear Paganism less than xers. I place confidence based on love and hope in Pagans to be tolerant and not be oppresive in any claims of ultimate truth, and I have confidence in them that they will leave science to scientists and that they will give leeway for humanity having confidence in our human ability to comprehend reality more as we go using the scientific method. I am not aware that the gods have any issue with science. I don't think they have a problem with it. Hehe.

I have had "weird shit" occur also. That was one of the reasons I investigated Paganism. But I've found no proof that the weird stuff I experienced was supernatural in origin. Still, I can understand why people choose the Pagan path, and I respect them for it.

I'm not a pagan of any sort myself, but I've met a few, and I've never met one that I didn't like. I don't mean to be condescending here, but I just don't feel the need to 'believe' in much of anything- some people do.

It's easy to dismiss them for believing in witches, faries, ghosts&gobblins and silly things like that, but the thing is- they don't seem to "believe" the same way a christian does. Christians, almost by definition, claim a monopoly on truth- lots of religious folks do. It seems to me though that the wiccans I've met don't neccesarily 'believe' any more than I do- they just WANT to believe. They read books about it, mabye even write about it or try a ritual or two- there's nothing wrong with taht. I've never heard of a pagan being offended if somebody doesn't believe the same way they do. Sure, it can be a religion of sorts, but it's not your average RELIGION.

Also, if they're not proselytizing or hurting anybody, then I don't see any reason why they have to justify their beliefs to anybody. Same goes for most any religion.

Open, close, don't really care.  Most of what is being seen here seems to stem from plain ignorance more than anything else.  For some reason, people, regulars and otherwise, have seemed to have done the whole jerk thing (myself included).  There are some interesting things to address, though.

Ok, you want my rough concept of deities, fine.  You asked.

The stories, myths, concepts, and archetypes tend to just provide lessons, a small bit of guidance to strive for, and sometimes a different perspective.  Whether there is an actual Zeus, Marduk, Shiva, or any other number of other deities really isn't the point.  Sometimes the important part is the story itself, sometimes it is just something to use to focus yourself (yes, I just called gods tools.  Right on multiple levels if you think about it). 

Thanks for your response BlueGiant. I researched Paganism on the Internet and it did mention that Paganism draws its beliefs from several different mythologys (I think Roman was one of them). Even if paganism is not practiced as a religion or world view, it can still serve as a valuable tool in reminding us of our history and where we came from. I guess. :scratch:

Guest Dragonblade
Yo, buddy.  Little tip: as an intro, this sucked donkey ass.

Try not to be as hypocritical in post #2, mm'kay?

If you're going to yell at ElGuapo for being "filled with hatred" then you're going to have to dump your own pantload of hatred yourself.

Otherwise I'm going to have to dispense yet another  :Wendywhatever:   :asshole2:

I see nothing hypocritical in my comment to ElGuapo's post. Show me what you're basing your statement on.

Guest Anathema

ElGuapo,

You are a ignorant hateful pissant. I can't believe you got away with posting this hatred. Take your brainless blanket statements and fuck off. :angry: :angry:

post-457-1123549156.gif post-457-1123549221.jpg post-457-1123549261.jpg

Thanks for your response BlueGiant. I researched Paganism on the Internet and it did mention that Paganism draws its beliefs from several different mythologys (I think Roman was one of them). Even if paganism is not practiced as a religion or world view, it can still serve as a valuable tool in reminding us of our history and where we came from.  I guess. :scratch:

There we go! Much better.

I don't mind if someone doesn't think Paganism is worth 2 cents, but your attitude was quite... biting, to be polite. This however, is more relaxed and pleasant. Thank you.

:thanks:

...... useless frackin' bullshavings..

Pagans, Witches are Fucking Morons Too

We really don't care what you think of Pagans or Paganism. We have our ways. You do what you want. We'll do what we want. One thing you won't ever have to worry about: Pagans trying to force their beliefs or traditions on others, or mindless prosyletizing.

The Pagan does not make exclusionist dogmatic claims of the "only absolute truth", "the only way to be saved", "going to hell" if one does not convert, etc.

The Pagan does not claim demonstrably baseless and errant texts, violent fables, self-contradictory literalized Myth, and pseudepigraphical constructs as the "divinely inspired" "word" of a "perfect" deity.

As I have said before, religion is an external framework. Spirituality is an Internal Process.

The fundamentalist, be he religionist or scientist, is of course generally unwilling to re-examine is his or her position. The Pagan is always willing to learn new things about Nature, Science, Life, Metaphysics, and Existence itself etc, and to change his or her perspective if necessary.

"A miracle is not the breaking of physical laws, but rather represents laws which are incomprehensible to us."

It is Unity with Nature, the Holy Grail of Acquired Gnosis, and The Ultimate Reality that this Pagan Pursues, in Body, Soul and Spirit.

One could again raise such issues as:

1. By what means would an unconscious person with no heartbeat or brainwave activity (no functioning physical body) accurately describe, both visually and sonically, events that occurred in an operating room or other hosptal rooms before they were revived, as per the Scientific/veridical research of Moody and others? (suggesting that there is more to personal existence than just physicality, and thus raising the question 'by what means would this suggested incorporeal portion of human existence arise via a purely physical process of evolvement?')

2. When has the spontaneous generation of a self-reproducing life form from a mixture of chemicals ever been observed (the first step in the Scientific Method), either in the lab or in Nature?

3. What is the Source of Aetheric Flow in The Universe?

4. The expanding earth hypothesis.

etc.

But it would really be pointless, as they have never been answered when I have posed them before, anyway.

Exchanging views, ideas and thought are what these forums are for. In the instances of pathetic infantilism exhibited by certain parties in this thread however, it becomes clear that in some cases it may be a total waste of time.

K

Man the shit I miss when I am away.

Fucking trash thankfully has been taken out I see and its business as usual.

You guys think maybe ElGuapo was Goldie?

Wouldn't suprise me.

-Brutal Brian

I'm back too! And this is the very first thread I've read after my handful-months-long absence. :grin:

Did I miss something? Do you guys still remember me? :woohoo:

However, what can I say: it's a shame that the thread starter is not back, and will probably never come back here to answer the various comments and answers. Guess that goes to show that us atheists can be as coward as the christians posting their "I-hope-you-will-be-saved-it-is-not-too-late-to-accept-GAWD-in-your-heart" on the main site and then running away.

Boyinasuitcase: aw, come on, atheists are not all alone in the world, unless we wish to be. And I guess El Guapo is a very, very lonely person, if he acts IRL as he acted in this thread. :shrug:

It's great to be back!

It is Unity with Nature, the Holy Grail of Acquired Gnosis, and The Ultimate Reality that this Pagan Pursues, in Body, Soul and Spirit.

One could again raise such issues as:

3. What is the Source of Aetheric Flow in The Universe?

4. The expanding earth hypothesis.

etc.

But it would really be pointless, as they have never been answered when I have posed them before, anyway.

Exchanging views, ideas and thought are what these forums are for. In the instances of pathetic infantilism exhibited by certain parties in this thread however, it becomes clear that in some cases it may be a total waste of time.

K

Before I answer let me get this straight. You don't doubt that the "energy" is there, just where it came from? Or are you wanting answers towards whether or not there is "energy."

It is late 4:25am here, so it will have to be later. BUt I can and am willing to open another thread and discuss this. Part of it is already in a different thread, but I will begin again if you like.