Goodbye Jesus

Pagans, Witches are Fucking Morons Too

Guest ElGuapo

Good. Acquantiance with firearms is always a good thing. Just another tool.

Always a practical application. Hopefully it will be said in ten, twenty years, that "My guns have killed less people than Ted Kennedy's car" still..

Have zero burning desire to put a or multiple holes in another persons hide. Not my gig wanting to see someone get torn apart.

However if shit comes to that point and the push requires a shove back, the mean_old_man has his tools handy. Encourages any other Freeperson to learn to do so also.

kL

Sounds completely reasonable to me!

I just get squicked by the sound, because usually in my part of the city when you heard it it meant some poor bastard was either badly wounded or dying. :P But one of the reasons that kept happening is that you had all these idiot mid-teens-up kids whose only knowledge of firearms was Hollywood cool and the "street cred" they got for carrying them. I for one think that firearms safety should be taught in schools. I've never met a kid who learned proper gun safety young who didn't treat that particular tool with proper respect, and with the number of stupid parents who don't lock up their pieces...yeah.

Anyhoo, there's a range up the hill at the community college. I believe they have classes year round.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dogmatically_challenged

• a midnight star

• Ouroboros

• BeccasStillSeeking

Well, the idea of the Law and Will, in its simplist form(and this was how it was explained to me, so a staunch Thelemite might say I'll full of shit) is that sin is that which infringes on the Will of another. If I kill you, I've infringed on your Will to live. If I steal, I've infringed on your Will to own something.

On the other hand, we each have individual Wills, and our words and actions declare our Will. So, if I go out and kill someone for no good reason, that tells the world that my Will is that I do NOT believe life has a right to exist. Thus, someone can kill me(execution or otherwise) and it is NOT a sin, since they are NOT infringing on my Will - remember, by murdering, I stated my Will that life has no meaning.

Anyway, I thought that that idea made sense, and is a lot more deep and encompassing than "An' it harm none..."

...damn. That's three good arguments for my reading Crowley inside of a month. Of course, first I have to get through the Diamond Sutra and Allan Kardec....

....*top of Becca's head flies off, whizzes around like a little hairy UFO and then settles back down*

Yeah. My "light reading" ain't.... :HaHa:

*Talking with mouthful after snatching brownie out of Becca's hand* And I hear dark chocolate's good for your health.

Yup. Goes well with a good red wine, which is also good for your health.

So much for decadence being bad for you. ;)

**** I've never met a kid who learned proper gun safety young who didn't treat that particular tool with proper respect, and with the number of stupid parents who don't lock up their pieces...yeah.****

If the kids are taught correctly then there would be no need for most parents to lock up their guns. I say most because not all kids are the same, what works for one does not work for all.

I grew up around guns. I got a daisy when I turned 8, got my .22 when I turned 11, and my 4'10 when I was 12.

Neither I nor any of my brothers or sisters have ever used one to shoot anybody. I wouldn't use one unless my life depended on it (or to hunt) any more than I would use my knives (I sure do like the butterfly knives) unless my life depended on it. Then it would be a matter of what I could grab first.

You want me dead? Come on, try it!! I dare you!! You would not get past the first step, I promise you that.

Because I've encountered things personally that I couldn't debunk. I still try to be critical of what I see and hear, and the stories I'm told, even if they support my beliefs. Some things, however, don't have any other explanation.

Note that I'm not pushing my beliefs or preaching. I don't care if anyone believes me or not.

I'm pretty much in the same boat, although at the moment I am really more calling myself "agnostic" than "Pagan". I have seen (and I'm working on a topic-starter for it elsewhere) several Genuinely UnFuckinExplainable Things both in ritual and just around magickal people. However, just because I believe Something Is Going On does not mean I have to accept X Pagan Group's explanation for what, who, how and why.

**** I've never met a kid who learned proper gun safety young who didn't treat that particular tool with proper respect, and with the number of stupid parents who don't lock up their pieces...yeah.****

If the kids are taught correctly then there would be no need for most parents to lock up their guns. I say most because not all kids are the same, what works for one does not work for all.

I grew up around guns. I got a daisy when I turned 8, got my .22 when I turned 11, and my 4'10 when I was 12.

Neither I nor any of my brothers or sisters have ever used one to shoot anybody. I wouldn't use one unless my life depended on it (or to hunt) any more than I would use my knives (I sure do like the butterfly knives) unless my life depended on it. Then it would be a matter of what I could grab first.

You want me dead? Come on, try it!! I dare you!! You would not get past the first step, I promise you that.

Neat!

Growing up, my parents were very pat: guns are bad, drugs are bad, sex is bad, if you mess around with any of them we'll throw you out of the house. Yeah, that works--at making me even more neurotic. :P But anyway, my uncle's sweetie actually sold me on the idea of early firearms education being part of the answer to America's "gun problem".

I was kicked out for all of the above, except for the guns!!! That plus smoking cigs and not letting them beat my son as they did me. I'll never forget how she got absolutly unglued when I stood up to her and told her i wasn't afraid of her anymore. She instantly got scared of ME!!! The bitch fears me now, that is a good thing!!

I agree: Wiccans, pagans, shamans, and spiritualists (though definitely more tolerant than Christians), are just as fucking clueless as the rest of them. I'm sick of all the ridiculous solipsism and postmodern crap they be preaching to everyone, where we all "create our own reality." They need to get a fucking clue!

Yeh! They need to conform to my reality! :wicked:

:eek:

Jeez. I miss one thread and I miss a lot.

*Takes out Super Shiny Sword of Troll-Spanking +5*

Just because someone is not atheist, or agnostic, or insert name of religion/philosophy here, does not make it okay to kill them!

WTF ever happened to live and let live? Christ.

I investigated Wicca when I was questioning Christianity. I even cast a few spells. I eventually decided it wasn't any more real than Christianity, but that doesn't make it okay for me or anyone else to kill someone for being Wiccan, Pagan, or any variety thereof.

:ugh:

I agree: Wiccans, pagans, shamans, and spiritualists (though definitely more tolerant than Christians), are just as fucking clueless as the rest of them. I'm sick of all the ridiculous solipsism and postmodern crap they be preaching to everyone, where we all "create our own reality." They need to get a fucking clue!

:Doh::Wendywhatever::loser::asshole2:

And this is why Christians hate atheists. Because they think all of them act like this stupid little fuck and His Igorance, ElGuapo.

You, sir, are the one who needs to get a fucking clue. You and that petty little bigot friend of yours.

EditeD: Just to add... Just because you and His Ignorance there live petty, ignorant, vacuous, miserable lives filled with nothing but hate and contempt, doesn't meant that the rest of humanity has to, as well.

:eek:

Jeez.  I miss one thread and I miss a lot.

*Takes out Super Shiny Sword of Troll-Spanking +5*

Just because someone is not atheist, or agnostic, or insert name of religion/philosophy here, does not make it okay to kill them!

WTF ever happened to live and let live?  Christ.

I investigated Wicca when I was questioning Christianity.  I even cast a few spells.  I eventually decided it wasn't any more real than Christianity, but that doesn't make it okay for me or anyone else to kill someone for being Wiccan, Pagan, or any variety thereof.

:ugh:

Yea. That rant was way uncalled for in my opinion. Just venting and not really being serious is what I figure. Lala land is so very taxing on practical people sometimes that they might explode from time to time. Then again LaLa Land is creative and can be beautiful and stimulating. I find Pagans so very attractive sometimes. But I really hate post modern like drivel as well. Magical solutions to problems that can be solved through, persistence, hard work and know how. The real world is beautiful too dang it. There are Pagans that are practical and then there are some Pagans that are really out there in LaLa Land thinking.

He'll come around though after he cools off. Give him a chance to come to reason. He wasn't serious anyhow.

I was kicked out for all of the above, except for the guns!!! That plus smoking cigs and not letting them beat my son as they did me. I'll never forget how she got absolutly unglued when I stood up to her and told her i wasn't afraid of her anymore. She instantly got scared of ME!!! The bitch fears me now, that is a good thing!!

Yay! Way to go standing up for yourself and your kid. Gods--they wanted to beat YOUR child? Are they just desperate for someone to beat up, or what? Jeebus! *offers e-cookies*

:Doh::Wendywhatever::loser::asshole2:

And this is why Christians hate atheists.

First of all, how do you know Christians hate atheists? Isn't that against the Christian morale or something like that? Jesus died for our sins. God loves everyone?? My mother's a Christian and she knows I'm an atheist, yet she still loves me. If anything, Christians spend their time "praying for our souls" so God will forgive us and let us into heaven. So unless you speak for ALL Christians, I strongly suggest you keep your clap trap shut and whatever uneducated opinions you may have about me to yourself.

You, sir, are the one who needs to get a fucking clue. You and that petty little bigot friend of yours.

EditeD: Just to add... Just because you and His Ignorance there live petty, ignorant, vacuous, miserable lives filled with nothing but hate and contempt, doesn't meant that the rest of humanity has to, as well.

EditeD: Just to add...Take your ridiculous and pretentious argument somewhere else. I don't waste my precious time arguing with pontificating pseudointellectuals.

EditeD 2: I just realized I didn't want to waste an entire post telling off Miss FelineC*nt, so I'm going to address the pagans again (who so kindly responded to my question, "Define your gods" but failed miserably in giving me a straightforward answer):

Because I've encountered things personally that I couldn't debunk. I still try to be critical of what I see and hear, and the stories I'm told, even if they support my beliefs. Some things, however, don't have any other explanation.

Note that I'm not pushing my beliefs or preaching. I don't care if anyone believes me or not.

Son of Belial, that's not answering my second question. What kind of gods do you believe in, and what's their purpose or what powers/influence do they hold over us mere humans? Are they in fact, in human form themselves, or found in nature, or in spiritual form? If you say spiritual form, you're going to have define that, too.

Guest Son of Belial
Son of Belial, that's not answering my second question. What kind of gods do you believe in, and what's their purpose or what powers/influence do they hold over us mere humans? Are they in fact, in human form themselves, or found in nature, or in spiritual form?

My profile expressly states that I'm a Kemetic. Do the research yourself.

If you say spiritual form, you're going to have define that, too.

I don't have to define anything to you. I'm not pushing my beliefs on you. I couldn't give a fuck less if you agree with me or not.

My profile expressly states that I'm a Kemetic. Do the research yourself.

I don't have to define anything to you. I'm not pushing my beliefs on you. I couldn't give a fuck less if you agree with me or not.

Then I don't understand how you expect people to take you seriously if you can't even define a simple god. You're an idiot, so fuck off.

***First of all, how do you know Christians hate atheists? Isn't that against the Christian morale or something like that? Jesus died for our sins. God loves everyone?? My mother's a Christian and she knows I'm an atheist, yet she still loves me.****

And you are giong to broad brush the christians and say that they are all like that? Go ahead, I dare you. I will give you 4 examples of them being different. Yes, they all say "we must love everyone", but their actions are different. SO I agree with the opinion that christians hate.

*****Son of Belial, that's not answering my second question. What kind of gods do you believe in, and what's their purpose or what powers/influence do they hold over us mere humans? Are they in fact, in human form themselves, or found in nature, or in spiritual form? If you say spiritual form, you're going to have define that, too.****

OK hows about I answer you with this: NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. Speaking for myself, I can not see one single reason why I would share my knowlege with such an asshole as yourself. Give me one reason why I should share what makes me content with you. As if I would want you agreeing with me. I would rather keep you clueless and ignorant.

Who the fuck do you think you are to DEMAND that we share with the likes of you? What if I DEMAND that you share with me your first sexual experience and prove to me that you actually have had one? Prove it too me or I will continue to believe that you are a virgin.

It is not a case of not being able to, but refusing to.

SO I agree with the opinion that christians hate.

Well if your mind is set on believing generalities, then that's your problem—not mine.

*****Son of Belial, that's not answering my second question. What kind of gods do you believe in, and what's their purpose or what powers/influence do they hold over us mere humans? Are they in fact, in human form themselves, or found in nature, or in spiritual form? If you say spiritual form, you're going to have define that, too.****

How the FUCK is that DEMANDING an answer? And this is why, ladies and gentlemen, that I never take Pagans, spiritualists, Christians, and Dionne Warwick seriously. You're an idiot, too, so FUCK OFF. 321.gif

**** If anything, Christians spend their time "praying for our souls" so God will forgive us and let us into heaven.*****

Then

***Well if your mind is set on believing generalities, then that's your problem—not mine.*****

Pot calling the kettle black, I do believe.

****How the FUCK is that DEMANDING an answer? And this is why, ladies and gentlemen, that I never take Pagans, spiritualists, Christians, and Dionne Warwick seriously. You're an idiot, too, so FUCK OFF.**

This is how I can say that:

****If you say spiritual form, you're going to have define that, too.****

Have to? That and the fact that you are making a fool out of yourself over the fact that we refuse to rise up to your bait.

If you say "I have had intercourse" then you HAVE to define that too!!

Come on answer my question. Prove you have had sex. Prove to me that you even know what to do. Come on. Hey the fact that you have refuse to do so then:

*** Then I don't understand how you expect people to take you seriously if you can't even define a simple god [a simple sex act]. You're an idiot, so fuck off. *****

HEY! An idiot who thinks the world needs to think like him! It's a Christ... oh, no I'm sorry - just a REALLY stupid person.

I'm a Pagan, and you won't be getting a definition of shit from me. No one here owes you SHIT.

****If you say spiritual form, you're going to have define that, too.****

Have to? That and the fact that you are making a fool out of yourself over the fact that we refuse to rise up to your bait.

I still don't understand how you see that as DEMANDING. Any intellectually honest person is going to ask a lot of questions. One of the main tools for applying critical thinking is to ask the person to define their terms. When the person in question starts to get defensive and feels the need to resort to ad hominem attacks, then it's most likely due to insincerity and lack of critical thinking on their part [usually].

If you say "I have had intercourse" then you HAVE to define that too!!

Come on answer my question. Prove you have had sex. Prove to me that you even know what to do. Come on.

Oh yeah, introduce the ever popular red herring. My sex life has nothing to do with the topic of this thread, sweetheart, so quit trying to change the subject.

HEY! An idiot who thinks the world needs to think like him! It's a Christ... oh, no I'm sorry - just a REALLY stupid person.

I'm a Pagan, and you won't be getting a definition of shit from me. No one here owes you SHIT.

Silent Bob—er, Silent One—unless you have something intelligent to contribute to this discussion, then I suggest you keep your mouth shut.

Ooh, a little child thinks he can order people around on the internet. How cute.

You're an idiot, too, so FUCK OFF.

Obviously, you're not the sharpest tool in the shed either if you insist that people make their private beliefs public and your only refutation to their logic is insulting them.

This is exchristian.net, not insultanyonewhohasanysortofbeliefswhatsoever.net. Don't like it? Then you're free to leave. Either way, you might wanna stop acting like such a cocky little twerp 'cos you might end up pissing off the wrong people.

There's only one way to deal with trolls. Use the iggy button and don't feed 'em.

There's only one way to deal with trolls.  Use the iggy button and don't feed 'em.

True. But it's more fun poking 'em with a sharp stick. :poke:

Alright, I apologize for coming off as a twirp. However, I didn't think it was necessary for Lady Feline Cat to cast aspersions on my character simply because I agreed (to some extent) with the poster.

Guest Son of Belial
I still don't understand how you see that as DEMANDING. Any intellectually honest person is going to ask a lot of questions. One of the main tools for applying critical thinking is to ask the person to define their terms.

The point was, we had no interest in defining or defending anything. When we said as such, we got a response on the level of "Ha ha! You can't do it! Fucking moron! :loser: Ha ha ha!"

We recognize that we aren't going to change your mind and we don't feel the need to try.

When the person in question starts to get defensive and feels the need to resort to ad hominem attacks, then it's most likely due to insincerity and lack of critical thinking on their part [usually].

I think the first one that called names was you. I don't recall attacking you. I believe all I did was say that I had no interest in explaining or defending my beliefs.

Funny, if a Christian tries to explain themselves, you take great joy in tearing them apart. When another faith decides they don't wish to preach, you try to bait them into doing so. Why? So you can tear them apart too. None of us are interested in playing your game, so you're angry.

Oh yeah, introduce the ever popular red herring. My sex life has nothing to do with the topic of this thread, sweetheart, so quit trying to change the subject.

She was making a point which you do not want to understand. Just because we won't explain our beliefs doesn't mean we don't have any. Just because you won't explain your first sexual experience doesn't mean you never had one. There are some things we find personal and don't see the need to publicise just to prove that our beliefs are "proper," especially since we don't care if you find our beliefs proper or not.

Silent Bob—er, Silent One—unless you have something intelligent to contribute to this discussion, then I suggest you keep your mouth shut.

What was that you were saying about being overly offensive and making attacks?