• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouroboros

• Snakefoot

• Shyone

• NotBlinded

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just for the record, it is possible to be an atheist and still believe in an afterlife. See here.

I don't, but it's possible.

If you want hope in an afterlife, you don't need a belief in god to have it.

Great point Gwenmead!!!

I had forgotten about that. Someone had posted a remark like that months ago.

What is the offical defintion of atheism and who decides what it should be?

Yes, but i don't think many want to face up to the ramifications of their worldviews.

No ramifications. I'm going to die. I'm fine with that.

I'm done too.

• Super Moderator

That's the final clue to cause me to conclude you are a troll.

Well done!

Yes, but i don't think many want to face up to the ramifications of their worldviews.

How so? Considering that most of us were Christians for most of our lives and then lost our faith and realized it was all bogus. It wasn't fear of facing the worldview, it was a realization that only one view made sense.

Thats were trying to determine what worldview makes sense and is able to handle life especially when difficult times come.

And you're not listening to what we're saying. We've said this now hundred times, and that's no exaggeration. You're the one not listening. You're blind and deaf. And you will never understand as long as you keep your blindfolds on.

Nonsense. I have listened and responded to many as possible. Its not like we can sit across each other and talk and gain a better understanding here. What i see is a lot of mind reading over the net with my views. There has not been much asking for clarification. I'm not that great of a communicator. A lot of assumptions are being made. I to have misunderstood others. I guess that's the way it is.

Ok, am I the only one who thinks it is way past due for this guy to get banned?

I'm really becoming frustrated with the seeming lack of moderation in certain parts of this forum. Why are xtians allowed to run amok here?

I have been thinking it for the past two days. If not banned, at least a time-out.

One last time - I've HAD difficult times and handled them without ANY kind of theism. Accept it, please.

Amazed:

I am going to share a truism with you that might determine the path your life takes. It has been right in front of you all along, but you have been too blind to see it--as you have been too blind to see most things. If you will meditate on this truism and what it means to you personally, it might make all the difference.

Ready? Here it is:

Ignorance is curable, stupid is forever.

Guest I Love Dog

There are 2 different kinds of meaning were discussing. One is the meaning we give to what we do with our lives that we tell ourselves it matters. This is important and healthy. What you cannot do is to give yourself ultimate meaning. Atheism has no way to offer anyone that because everything ends at death.

:lmao:

What you don't get is that, regardless of how hard you believe some fairy tale to be true, your life does not have any "ultimate" meaning either! Christianity has nothing to offer but LIES and it ends at death as well!

Hopefully you can do better than this.

For reasons due to lack of education and knowledge of science, humans long ago believed that there were invisible beings/deities controlling every facet of their birth, life and death and selfishly believing that humans were different from all other life forms on Earth in that humans had a "soul" and would "live" again after death.

Through their beliefs in the invisible beings and "life after death", humans, who were mainly living wretched, impoverished, tormented, enslaved, hungry lives, gained some hope that they would obtain happiness AFTER life if they worshiped and believed in what the priest/holy men told them was the truth.

Modern, well-adjusted humans have no need of that delusional attitude that all will be well after death, with HIM or THEM, depending on your belief.

There are only 2.1 billion Christians in the World(falling fast), out of 6.7 billion people. There are billions of people living wonderful, rewarding, happy, fulfilling lives without belief in supernatural beings or an afterlife, quite happy in the knowledge that they are part of the self-perpetuating cycle of life on Earth, no better, no different than any other life form on the planet.

I have wonderful daughters and grandchildren, sisters, a brother and a mother, all of whom are atheists and don't doubt that they are living useful, contributing lives on the planet and when they die, they will become food for other life forms, part of the recycling process that all life on earth is part of.

My broad, atheist family are all moral, decent people, none of us have ever been into drugs, prostitution, violence or ever in jail. We have no need of delusions to give us reasons for living and dying. We don't need god/gods or religion to make us decent members of society. We follow the golden rule, the laws of society and commonsense.

We are animals like all others, except we have better-developed brains. In fact, our brains are so well-developed that we can actually see through the lies, hypocrisy and false hope marketed by all the various religions, cults and sects.

We have all, at some stage, been confronted by death or sickness of loved ones and we have survived without a god or gods or praying or worship. We have survived on our human animal strength. We don't need to thank a god man. We have done it ourselves. This has made us the people we are. Independent of delusion, not reliant on myth and legend.

We are all altruistic, we give fully of our time and money as and when it is possible. We all have many charities and individuals that we support.

Hopefully you consider this "better" enough for you.

Just for the record, it is possible to be an atheist and still believe in an afterlife. See here.

I don't, but it's possible.

If you want hope in an afterlife, you don't need a belief in god to have it.

Great point Gwenmead!!!

I had forgotten about that. Someone had posted a remark like that months ago.

I don't know why you're asking me this question. I think the definition of atheism is clear enough.

I don't know who certifies official atheists. :shrug:Hans? Agnosticator? Bdp? Gwenmeade? Wilyfem? Am I an official atheist?

Do I have to buy some official papers?

In case you're too afraid to check out gwennmeade's link yourself, here's the introduction:

The Atheist Afterlife argues that it is possible to believe in an afterlife based on reason rather than faith. It describes a rational, non-religious afterlife that requires nothing more than physics and therefore requires no God, and supports this argument with an original and testable support for mind-body dualism (the proposition that our mind and brain are separate).

IDK. Sounds atheist to me! Is you mind blowing, Amazing?

Thats were trying to determine what worldview makes sense and is able to handle life especially when difficult times come.

No, you're not here to understand or make sense. You got the questions answered over and over again, and you just repeat the same drivel.

I and my family faced extremely difficult times both during the time as Christians and then later as atheists, and we handled it just fine. Actually, we handled it better without religion.

So fuck off. You're just a stupid fucking troll. And I'm done with you.

Nonsense. I have listened and responded to many as possible. Its not like we can sit across each other and talk and gain a better understanding here. What i see is a lot of mind reading over the net with my views. There has not been much asking for clarification. I'm not that great of a communicator. A lot of assumptions are being made. I to have misunderstood others. I guess that's the way it is.

No, you're just jerking off while you're playing troll. You're not learning one single thing, because you have not so far changed your tune one single bit.

You keep on telling us that we can't handle tough times as atheists, and yet when we tell you that we can, because we have dont it, and still do it, then you just keep repeating your fucking question.

You're an idiot or a troll.

I'm done with you. You're out.

His account has been locked. I hate it when people can learn to listen, and then turn around and accuse everyone else for not listening to them. He got the answers, multiple times, he doesn't need to hear them anymore. He won't learn. Or... he's just a stupid troll.

Its been implanted in us by the Creator. We have the image of God in us and part of that image i think implies the idea of having meaning in our being. We are more than meat machines who just live whatever lives we can and then die. We are made for much much more than what this life can offer. (This is a difficult concept to explain and i hope i'm not being to confusing)

How are you, if Christianity is true, not a meat machine? You're made of meat, sure you've got a spirit and what not, who cares consciousness from spririt, consciousness from chemicals? Who cares same diff. You seem to be arguing that because God made you so that you could bow and worship him for all eternity, that you are not a machine. The problem with this is that it means that you, and all of us, if God exists are pre-programmed purpose, which we must carry out, it doesn't really matter what we want our purpose is pre-given to us and we must fulfill it, whether we be selected to be thrown into a fiery lake, or to scrape and worship forever. You are a machine created for a purpose which is not your own, you are machine programmed to carry out your creators desired goal.

If we are to consider atheism on the other hand, well I'm not a machine, I don't have a creator, thus I have no pre-programmed purpose. This means I am free to choose my own purpose, to find my own meaning, to make my own path. I am not a machine, my will and my purpose are my own. This is why we call you Christ-Bots.

His account has been locked.

Thank you. Thank you. THANK YOU!

I called it when he only had 15 posts.

I was wondering how long it would take.

;)

His account has been locked. I hate it when people can learn to listen, and then turn around and accuse everyone else for not listening to them. He got the answers, multiple times, he doesn't need to hear them anymore. He won't learn. Or... he's just a stupid troll.

Oh, damn I was hoping this thread was going to beat lnc with Jesus interrupted.

On the issue of Jesus existing all i need to do is to show that the NT is historical reliable. Just because Jesus is said to the savior or has done miracles does not mean these documents are frauds. We need to apply the same criteria to the gospels as we do to any other ancient historical figures. In other words, the playing field must be the same for all.

Go on show they are historically reliable then.

It is said (by scholars) that Luke who wrote the gospel of Luke is one of the best historians of the ancient world. His gospel relects very well the people, places etc of the time.

:lmao::HaHa::lmao::HaHa:

STOP!!! I...Can't BREATHE...!!!

:lmao::HaHa::lmao:

:loser:

It is said (by scholars) that Luke who wrote the gospel of Luke is one of the best historians of the ancient world. His gospel relects very well the people, places etc of the time.

So I'm not the only one who found him amusing?

So what good has atheism done? Kicking out trolls from our forum, for starters.

That is the kind of individual you just can't reason with, no matter how hard you try; it's not worth the frustration. Good call...

Wow...LNC is back I noticed. Is this a strange coincidence? :scratch: Only one H(what's that guy's name?) at a time?

You're so sexy when you flex your muscles...

So I'm not the only one who found him amusing?

Bill was funny, but he was getting pretty goddamn annoying.

Good call, Hans. The guy was trolling, he didn't want to discuss anything, just to tell us we're wrong and he's right.

I suspect a sophomore at bible college somewhere in the Southern USA inspired to smear the love butter of Jebus through the Internets.

You're so sexy when you flex your muscles...

I should do it more often then. :)

Works for me. :3:

It is revealing that 95% of the christians who post here won't respond or comment

every time our answers to their questions fail to play into their expectations. It's amazing.

It is revealing that 95% of the christians who post here won't respond or comment

every time our answers to their questions fail to play into their expectations. It's amazing.

Thinking back to when I was and honest-to-Bob fundy, the church leaders who were supposed to have all the answers had nothing but the same stale platitudes we see from xtians here all the time. There were also stern warning to never engage people like us because we would "deceive them with the power of the devil."

"The devil is extremely smart," they would declare. "All you can do is plead for the covering of Jeebus' blood when you encounter them (us)."

The were right about one thing...if we are the devil, he sure is smart. :HaHa: