Goodbye Jesus

To All Of God's Critics

Thumbelina

People fear hell because they do not know god's 'perfect' 'love'.

I think you fear Hell more than I do. You're Christian because you don't want to go there (your fear), but I don't care and have no fear for it because I don't believe it exists at all. So I'm with BDP here, why fear something that doesn't exist? :shrug:

Same here. I don't fear Islam's hell, since I don't believe it exists. Likewise, I don't fear Christianity's hell, since I don't believe it exists either. It's all just a stupid scare tactic that has no basis in reality.

Here's a challenge to all of God's critics. If you were God and you had to create beings:

1.Will the beings you create be equal to you or less powerful?

2.What degree of free will will you allow to those beings?

3.How will you prevent those beings from hurting you, each other and their creation?

4.What will you do with those beings who break your rules?

Answer to 1:

If I am to create a human being, that human being is obviously going to be less powerful due to stages of growth. So physically it will be inferior. Emotionally, it will be inferior. Scream at me and see how I respond. Scream at an infant and see how he/she responds. Cut my skin and see how I respond. Cut the skin of an infant and see how he/she responds.

Answer to 2:

If I have a child, I will protect that child with all my might. Yet at the same time, when a child grows and matures, more freedom is given. So a certain point will come that I have to let the child live and be completely free. I'm not a believer in some absolute idea of free-will. I will try to find the fine line of being a responsible parent and not a fascist being, or a careless being to the being I create.

Answer to 3:

I will protect myself. I will also try to instill good raising of that child to where the higher probability would be they turn out good than bad. So the best proactive means to self-protective instruction, being protective of themselves and others is to raise them in a responsibility and healthy manner.

Answer to 4:

I will give FINITE punishment.

(If you are not for God then by default you're on Satan's side)

Wow, what a weird little world you must have going on in your head if you believe everyone around you is an agent for some non existent boogey man.

Sorry Mr. Skeptic but it's a SHARED burden of proof, no one was there to see the Universe and this Earth created, it's all based on faith. This thread is about if God exists (I know He does) and how would someone else do better than Him; did you give a go with those questions, from post # 1 i.e.? :)

Sorry about the smartaleckanese but with some lions it's sort of fun to do, some lions are good sports.

Evidence isn't based on faith, it is more like a puzzle, science finds pieces, then based on where they place the pieces they can glue together a a coherent theory of what is true. Wheres your evidence?

What is this question for? If anything answering this question shows how your Gawd has eerily similar features to how humans make decisions, some of "his" decisions are even psychotic, if you look at the old testament, think about it.

Ultimate free will, and I wouldn't give a shit what they do. No hell or heaven.

3.How will you prevent those beings from hurting you, each other and their creation?

For one, they could not hurt me because I'd be all powerful. And second, I still wouldn't give a shit, the universe would be one big SIM game. I'd give them the power to govern themselves and not care what happens next.

No rules, oh and I would make the universe 10x better than your god, so my creations could really enjoy themselves.

Um, thanks for playing but I say you would make beings just like those immortals in that Highlander movie; dude, that's NOT utopia, the God of the bible has a better plan.

Did I even fucking mention highlander? This world isn't utopia either sister, so jam your foot in your mouth.

(If you are not for God then by default you're on Satan's side)

Wow, what a weird little world you must have going on in your head if you believe everyone around you is an agent for some non existent boogey man.

A classic example of the paranoid delusions of Jesus. Evidence that he was just a normal man and not the son of God. He'd probably have been committed in this day and age and rightfully so.

A classic example of the paranoid delusions of Jesus. Evidence that he was just a normal man and not the son of God. He'd probably have been committed in this day and age and rightfully so.

Unless it was spoken as cynical manipulation. We don't know how much he believed his own BS. So maybe in our society instead of being locked up, he'd be a televangelist!

"Are yuh with me brothahs?! I didn't hear ya! Are yuh WITH me? Because-uh, listen close now, glory to God ... He who is not WITH me is AGAINST me. Do you want to show that you're with me? Are you willing to be COUNTED with the RIGHTEOUS-uh? Then call the number on your television screen, beloved, and show me how much you're WITH me and with GAWD."

Here's a challenge to all of God's critics. If you were God and you HAD TO CREATE BEINGS:

Why would I have to create beings? I'm a God, I can do what ever I want.

Here's a challenge to all of God's critics. If you were God and you had to create beings:

As God, I would not be concerned with this issue.

As God, I would create perfect beings who live in peace and harmony with all that I have created. They would do this, with or without free will, because I am God and I make only wonderful things in my world.

Since they are perfect beings with no bend towards doing any imperfect thing, I don't have this to worry about.

My beings don't break the rules. I have no rules. They are perfect, as I am perfect and live in peace and harmony, because this is the way I would want things to be in my world.

• 3 weeks later...

*yawn*

+1

I was imagining how God feels with this cancer that's called sin still existing. I said PROBABLY man! He can't wait to paaaarty (A Holy one of course) with the Saints (cf.Zephaniah 3:17). Oooooo, I'm getting goose bumps just thinking about it!

That's.... like .... weird :scratch:

Cuckoo, cuckoo! :crazy:

I was imagining how God feels with this cancer that's called sin still existing. I said PROBABLY man! He can't wait to paaaarty (A Holy one of course) with the Saints (cf.Zephaniah 3:17). Oooooo, I'm getting goose bumps just thinking about it!

That's.... like .... weird :scratch:

Cuckoo, cuckoo! :crazy:

Don't forget, Satan throws quite the party!

:sex::Sheep::blowjob::3some::68::jerkoff::spanka:

• 1 month later...

YOU fear hell - I don't. Hard to fear something that doesn't exist.

I don't fear hell. Hell does not exist YET.

... but how you doin'? :)

Thumbelina, I am of the opinion that hell will never exist. It's every bit as absurd as the god you've been trying to sell us.

There is absolutely no reason to fear hell, trolls, dragons, Satan, vampires, werewolves, leprechauns, Dracula, and etc...

How am I? I am doing beautifully, particularly now that I have outgrown beliefs in fairy tales.

shitty, if you really want to know.

I'd say you're doing better than Thumby, though. ;)

Thumbelina,

If hell does not yet exist, where are all un-saved people that have died in the past few thousand years?

I'm curious.

Guest Valk0010

Thumbelina,

If hell does not yet exist, where are all un-saved people that have died in the past few thousand years?

I'm curious.

FWIW, I was always taught there was a temporary waiting spot for those people to wait for judgment or redemption.

Thumbelina,

I'm curious.

FWIW, I was always taught there was a temporary waiting spot for those people to wait for judgment or redemption.

Technically, according to Revelation, hell is the waiting spot, not the lake of fire. That's why it says that "death and hell were thrown into the lake of fire." No need to throw hell into itself, huh? The term "hell" has come to be inaccurately associated as being the "lake of fire" by christians (and the general public), but it's actually not biblical.

So, when bible-thumper Thumby says that hell doesn't exist yet, she seems to be following the false association of "hell" with the "lake of fire," thus indicating that this bible-thumper holds a non-biblical stance. What she really means is that the "lake of fire" doesn't exist yet, but she thinks that the "lake of fire" is "hell."

Of course, none of this shit exists, it's just superstitious nonsense. But that goes without saying here, of course.

EDIT: I should add that I also often use "hell" as a reference to the "lake of fire," but I do so because that's what most people think of "hell" as. I resort to common usage even though I know better, but a lot of people don't realize that it's not biblically accurate. I would think that a bible-thumper like Thumby would want to present biblically accurate arguments, though.

Thumbelina,

I'm curious.

Technically, according to Revelation, hell is the waiting spot, not the lake of fire. That's why it says that "death and hell were thrown into the lake of fire." No need to throw hell into itself, huh? The term "hell" has come to be inaccurately associated as being the "lake of fire" by christians (and the general public), but it's actually not biblical.

So, when bible-thumper Thumby says that hell doesn't exist yet, she seems to be following the false association of "hell" with the "lake of fire," thus indicating that this bible-thumper holds a non-biblical stance. What she really means is that the "lake of fire" doesn't exist yet, but she thinks that the "lake of fire" is "hell."

Of course, none of this shit exists, it's just superstitious nonsense. But that goes without saying here, of course.

EDIT: I should add that I also often use "hell" as a reference to the "lake of fire," but I do so because that's what most people think of "hell" as. I resort to common usage even though I know better, but a lot of people don't realize that it's not biblically accurate. I would think that a bible-thumper like Thumby would want to present biblically accurate arguments, though.

Hell is a translation of a translation of a translation of the Jewish purgatory - Sheol/Gehenna. It was meant to be a void where souls go to purify before ascending to heaven. The "Hell" that Christians think of is the supposed disconnect from God if you don't follow all his rules.

Hell is a translation of a translation of a translation of the Jewish purgatory - Sheol/Gehenna. It was meant to be a void where souls go to purify before ascending to heaven. The "Hell" that Christians think of is the supposed disconnect from God if you don't follow all his rules.

Even that was changed, though, with Revelation saying that those in "hell" are thrown into the "lake of fire."

Regardless, though, "hell" and the "lake of fire" clearly aren't the same thing in the bible, despite the fact that most people (including bible-thumping christians) think they are.

There is absolutely no reason to fear hell, trolls, dragons, Satan, vampires, werewolves, leprechauns, Dracula, and etc...

How am I? I am doing beautifully, particularly now that I have outgrown beliefs in fairy tales.

Then you are worse than the devils. Well, it's good that you're doing good, therefore I don't have to worry like I do about a certain other lion.

Sorry to hear that, I wish you can get whatever is bothering you all sorted out.

Then you are worse then the devils. Well, it's good that you're doing good, therefore I don't have to worry like I do about a certain other lion.

Bar-har-har!

So the imaginary devils and imaginary demons fear an imaginary gawd in a fictional book. And this is supposed to convince us of something?

Bar-har-har!

Even that was changed, though, with Revelation saying that those in "hell" are thrown into the "lake of fire."

Regardless, though, "hell" and the "lake of fire" clearly aren't the same thing in the bible, despite the fact that most people (including bible-thumping christians) think they are.

It's due to more "modern" interpretations of the Bible that modern Christians think of Hell in the way they do.

Agreed - "lake of fire" and "hell" are completely different, "hell" being the disconnect and the "lake of fire" being the place in Revelations that god will put all the bad people into after the end of the world.