Goodbye Jesus

In And Out Of Faith

JayL

Shit, Piss, Fuck, Cunt, Cocksucker, Motherfucker, and Tits.

It had to be said. Sorry.

Damn, I can't take you anywhere. Scared off the toy xian again. Now we'll have to go back to picking on End.

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JayL

• Ouroboros

• lunaticheathen

• par4dcourse

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not likely. But best wishes to you.

Coward. These are the would-be missionaries I hated as a christian. They aren't looking to lead anyone to Christ, they're looking for a persecution story to take back to bible study. I had to deal with tons of them.

Had this conversation a lot:

"So...why did you leave?"

"They were cursing at me! It was horrible!"

"Yeah...non-christians do that. Most of the time they do it to punctuate what they are saying. Not to piss you off. Even if they were though, you really couldn't stand to hear it even to do god's work?"

"God wouldn't want me to hear that!"

"God wouldn't want you to abandon a lost soul! He didn't abandon you when you sinned, did he?"

You don't get to feel like a martyr if you run away like a damned coward when the voices get raised.

Now as a non-christian, it still pisses me off. I don't expect christians to be perfect and blameless, they're still human after all. But I am thoroughly disappointed when I see the ones that can't even follow their own damned religion. These people follow the easy christianity, where they get to walk around feeling like hot shit and never have to get their hands dirty or do something hard. They get the perks, the good feelings and worship services, and they go to their prayer breakfasts and Emmaus/Chrysalis and Promise Keepers and walk around calling themselves god's fucking princesses. But they won't do the work. The evangelism, feeding the homeless, you know, the hard stuff.

Christians, read your bibles. What did Jesus do more of: church camp or helping prostitutes?

If there is a god, and it is the christian one, you, my dear lukewarm assholes, will be vomitted out of the mouth of god when you die.

When you feel that your god is telling you to witness, you don't give up and leave when it gets hard. When you do that, you give up on god himself. You are worse than those of us who walked away from him completely.

Now as a non-christian, it still pisses me off. I don't expect christians to be perfect and blameless, they're still human after all. But I am thoroughly disappointed when I see the ones that can't even follow their own damned religion. These people follow the easy christianity, where they get to walk around feeling like hot shit and never have to get their hands dirty or do something hard. They get the perks, the good feelings and worship services, and they go to their prayer breakfasts and Emmaus/Chrysalis and Promise Keepers and walk around calling themselves god's fucking princesses. But they won't do the work. The evangelism, feeding the homeless, you know, the hard stuff.

Christians, read your bibles. What did Jesus do more of: church camp or helping prostitutes?

If there is a god, and it is the christian one, you, my dear lukewarm assholes, will be vomitted out of the mouth of god when you die.

When you feel that your god is telling you to witness, you don't give up and leave when it gets hard. When you do that, you give up on god himself. You are worse than those of us who walked away from him completely.

Wow, what a statement. Keith Green is risen from the dead, became an atheist and is preaching again.... :D

As a xian this really pissed me off too. I have never used it as an ex-xian, but that stuff really bothered me during my xian walk. Kevin Prosch used to say: "Which part of the word -GO- did you not understand?"

I could not have said it better myself. They do not take their own religion seriously. They don't understand the total implications of accepting that everyone is going to hell except themselves. I can't figure out how any of them can live with themselves, other than that they do NOT take it seriously.

Wow, what a statement. Keith Green is risen from the dead, became an atheist and is preaching again.... :D

:) Of the few christian cds I still have, one of them is a Keith Green tribute cd (alternative christian artists doing covers). Good music...if only the lyrics matched!

I could not have said it better myself. They do not take their own religion seriously. They don't understand the total implications of accepting that everyone is going to hell except themselves. I can't figure out how any of them can live with themselves, other than that they do NOT take it seriously.

Correction: They do take it very seriously...when it's convenient. When it means get-togethers, functions and an overall sense of superiority, it's the most important thing in their lives. But when it means actually doing something that doesn't look fun, they whimper and whine, they excuse themselves from the debate, they decide god isn't calling them to that mission trip and wants to teach them something that involves laying in bed watching tv!

They're worse than street preachers to me. At least some of the time, they at least have good intentions! When I was a christian, my heart ached for any person I thought was going to hell (including most people I saw at Wal Mart). These are selfish lazy people who think "sure, this guy is going to hell, but I'm wearing my good Sunday suit and might miss the luncheon if I try to save his soul!"

I will never understand how a christian can believe that so many good people are going to hell, but won't try to do anything about it. It's cruel and despicable.

Damn, I can't take you anywhere. Scared off the toy xian again. Now we'll have to go back to picking on End.

I'm here for ya man.

I'm here for ya man.

Dude, sniff, that's like, so real.LeslieHappyCry.gif

churchlady.jpg

I have proof of god and you're going to hell.

Isn't that special.

ZOMG I miss the Church Lady! :lmao:

I have a question though, if evil and good cannot exist in the same place then why is it that christians filled with the holy ghost still sin, and in many ways do more wrong to themselves and other then the nonbeliever

Boy, that is one serious question. ( For practicing Christians, that is. ) I am not sure I can answer that well. And I am not sure you would be happy with whatever I say. This is something I think about a lot.

.... I just LOVE the dishonesty of "born agains!" It was just rather coincidental this poster was starting to have difficulty answering questions before the abuse factor got brought up!!!

Guest ephymeris

Not likely. But best wishes to you.

Coward. These are the would-be missionaries I hated as a christian. They aren't looking to lead anyone to Christ, they're looking for a persecution story to take back to bible study. I had to deal with tons of them.

<snip for space>

What a great post Objet, so concise and dead on. I agree completely and I went though my own struggle with my commitment to christianity that made me look at my faith with honest eyes and clarity.

I had my doubts about christianity, but these doubts made me even more passionate to hear and feel god in my life. Around that same time, I had a friend who was a zealous young christian and going through intense personal tragedy. According to him, was told by god to drop out of school and become a wandering missionary so that's what he did. He dropped out and became homeless, shunned his family, refused to wear shoes...yeah, he went crazy but his sudden fervor made me really think about my own commitment.

I thought what he was doing was wrong and more than a little crazy but still, he made me examine myself. I felt like I was suddenly hit in the face with the incongruencies between what I felt members of our church and families were encouraging me to do (stay in college, get married, get a job) and what I felt the bible demanded of me (be in the world not of it, trust in god to provide, witness 24/7). I felt like hypocrites, like a lukewarm asshole. I had to make a choice, which did I love most: god or my life? I knew that if I was honest with myself, I loved my husband and education more than I loved god.

I didn't feel like I could keep living my comfortable life and call myself a christian. I wondered how all the people at church could live their comfortable lives and call themselves christians without pangs of guilt. How could we all invest in our lives and families and still claim to put god first? It was pivotal for me.

I now look back and feel like this was the cliche "fork in the road" for me. I didn't deconvert right after that but it made me feel so torn that it dimmed of the flame of religious zeal inside me and opened my mind to a way of thinking that was not of the church. There's not a day that goes by that I am not glad that I chose education and love over religion.

Sorry for the ramble...

I'm bored. Anybody got a pet xian we can play with?

What a great post Objet, so concise and dead on. I agree completely and I went though my own struggle with my commitment to christianity that made me look at my faith with honest eyes and clarity.

I had my doubts about christianity, but these doubts made me even more passionate to hear and feel god in my life. Around that same time, I had a friend who was a zealous young christian and going through intense personal tragedy. According to him, was told by god to drop out of school and become a wandering missionary so that's what he did. He dropped out and became homeless, shunned his family, refused to wear shoes...yeah, he went crazy but his sudden fervor made me really think about my own commitment.

I thought what he was doing was wrong and more than a little crazy but still, he made me examine myself. I felt like I was suddenly hit in the face with the incongruencies between what I felt members of our church and families were encouraging me to do (stay in college, get married, get a job) and what I felt the bible demanded of me (be in the world not of it, trust in god to provide, witness 24/7). I felt like hypocrites, like a lukewarm asshole. I had to make a choice, which did I love most: god or my life? I knew that if I was honest with myself, I loved my husband and education more than I loved god.

I didn't feel like I could keep living my comfortable life and call myself a christian. I wondered how all the people at church could live their comfortable lives and call themselves christians without pangs of guilt. How could we all invest in our lives and families and still claim to put god first? It was pivotal for me.

I now look back and feel like this was the cliche "fork in the road" for me. I didn't deconvert right after that but it made me feel so torn that it dimmed of the flame of religious zeal inside me and opened my mind to a way of thinking that was not of the church. There's not a day that goes by that I am not glad that I chose education and love over religion.

Sorry for the ramble...

Thanks for this post. It sounds familiar and to me it is interesting, that some of the really devoted xians ended up as ex-xians on this forum and not the lukewarm xians. Is it a kind of help to calm down the inner fire? Does it make you more stable? In my xian walk every song and every sermon was intended to "challenge" you and to "light the fire again". But this "challenge" never got answered by the xians I have met. one or two out of two or three hundred went to a missionary school, but most were content with the everyday life. Is the everyday xianity the standard or should the devoted evangelist life be the standard? Who knows? It is interesting that this topic came up.

Thanks for this post. It sounds familiar and to me it is interesting, that some of the really devoted xians ended up as ex-xians on this forum and not the lukewarm xians. Is it a kind of help to calm down the inner fire? Does it make you more stable? In my xian walk every song and every sermon was intended to "challenge" you and to "light the fire again". But this "challenge" never got answered by the xians I have met. one or two out of two or three hundred went to a missionary school, but most were content with the everyday life. Is the everyday xianity the standard or should the devoted evangelist life be the standard? Who knows? It is interesting that this topic came up.

I think the so-called "sold-out" evangelists, missionaries and pastors are tolerated by the run of the mill churchers in order to keep the aura of the mythology alive. There is also the strange tendency of the pew-sitters to relish in the tongue lashing and shame that the more devoted leaders unleash on them from time to time. Once the tongue lashing is over, they can say "Amen!" and compliment the preacher, evangelist or visiting missionary. They feel "expunged" of all guilt. The sin of luke-warmness and laziness has been expiated with the pound of fist on the pulpit and the sprinkling of saliva on those who sit on the front pews.

It all keeps the myth alive to them. The shared mythology of evangelical Christianity is like a bubble or a balloon. It is kept inflated and afloat by the hot air of the figurehead representatives and by the shame-based emotionalism of the pew sitter.

Of course the preachers, pastors, evangelists and missionaries all need their sponsors, so the proclaimed myth of the "sold out" Christian is pretty much a farce. It is enough for a few ordained ones and even lay-persons to be hyper involved in ministry and evangelism. The rest must stay home, pay the monetary guilt offering to supply the ministers and feel kind of bad that they themselves aren't "sold out." If they were to really do what the scripture calls them to do, by a literal rendition of the bible, there would be no money to pour into the institution.

The shared mythology of evangelical Christianity is like a bubble or a balloon. It is kept inflated and afloat by the hot air of the figurehead representatives and by the shame-based emotionalism of the pew sitter.

And we are like needles: Sharp and pointed; the enemy of inflated Christian dogma everywhere.

The shared mythology of evangelical Christianity is like a bubble or a balloon. It is kept inflated and afloat by the hot air of the figurehead representatives and by the shame-based emotionalism of the pew sitter.

And we are like needles: Sharp and pointed; the enemy of inflated Christian dogma everywhere.

And here's the point ;) , they just found Noah the myths, ark, high on a mountain, and yet you all are still skeptics. If Jesus appeared, still skeptical.....if God came down in a firey pillar....stiillll nothing.....which is the point of the story. Don't forget to read a touch of sarcasm in with this post.

End, that damn boat has been "found" more times than Jimmy Hoffa. None of us asks for fiery pillars (which have been conspicuously absent in my life) , just 5 seconds of his no-timeness to say "hi, I exist" would be enough to convert most if not all of us.

But it can't be that easy, can it, brother? God has to set up a Peyton Place-ish grandiose scheme to accomplish what could have been done eons ago with a simple 5 second "hi, I'll be your god on this journey."

Wendyshrug.gif

• Super Moderator

Par, consider yourself slapped by your brother from another mother.

And here's the point ;) , they just found Noah the myths, ark, high on a mountain, and yet you all are still skeptics.

End -

What evidence that this is the ark did you find convincing?

Phanta

Just saw a brief story P....I have no idea why they are soo serious about their claims. Most of my post was to illicit the kind of response Par made. Par needs to get his blood moving at least once a day at his age. I suspect the new inlaws are doing that though. :grin: Can I be a fun troll and not get the red button of doom?

. Par needs to get his blood moving at least once a day at his age.

Damn right! Ole lady better look out, I may sleep in the same room with her tonight!

If Jesus appeared

Let 'him' appear. :shrug:

That's right. Let him. We're all waiting to see "him" appear... But he won't since that would be "testing God."

If Jesus appeared

Let 'him' appear. :shrug:

That's right. Let him. We're all waiting to see "him" appear... But he won't since that would be "testing God."

. . . or any number of excuses, equivocations and just plain rationalizations.